Icecream

Bittersweet Victory

“So what you are up to little ?”

They were on their way to the café with Wheein occasionally switched out the radio channel because the music they played didn’t suit her taste. Wheein, finally gave up, laid back on her seat.

“Nah, just some college stuff, hanging out with Hyejin, you know the one we met at my apartment.”

Byul raised her eyebrow, something was missing.

Kkomo ?”

“Staying at my parents because lately, I’ve been so busy with college.”

“Ah I see, so that’s why I didn’t see him”

“But I do video call him once in a while and my parents sent me a bunch of pictures. You want to see them?” Wheein perked up with the talk of Kkomo. They spent their time in the car with Wheein updating news about Kkomo, when he will look innocently at the camera, or hiding behind the curtain, or lazing on the couch, or yawning Kkomo, stretching Kkomo, or Kkomo dropping all the plastic plates from the kitchen counter, thank god they’re plastic, or Kkomo spilled the water to the whole carpet, or Kkomo leaving out his fur everywhere.

 

Kkomo is evil. That was the conclusion Byul got after hearing all about Kkomo.

 

After they arrived at the café, they immediately look for Seulgi. Well more likely Byul tried to spot Seulgi and Wheein following close behind her since she didn’t know what Seulgi look like.

“Here unnie!” a woman with a bun on top of her head waving at them. Looks like Seulgi couldn’t handle the heat anymore and decided to tied up her hair. A faint effort to battle with the heat indeed. Byul pulled Wheein to the table near the window where Seulgi was seated.

 

“So, this is the unlucky dongsaeng you talked about?”

“I like her”

Byul raised her eyebrows at Wheein with disbelieve. Usually, the little pup is shy with new people so seeing her to suddenly blurted out I like her is something out of the ordinary.

“What’s wrong with you two?”

“No unnie. I just kind of agree with her” Wheein chuckled and take a seat in front of Seulgi.

“See? I’m better than you. Accept that.”

“You two want free ice cream or not?” Byul threatened and sat down beside Wheein. Of course, it was a joke. She’ll buy both of them ice cream until they can’t stuff their mouth anymore if she has to. She loves watching people eat. Psst, that’s a secret.

“I’m going to shut my trap just because I want that as well” Seulgi snickered.

“Such a petty way to comeback unnie, but yes I do want free ice cream.” Wheein just shrugged with her eyes trained on the menu.

 

Her eyes wandering around on the menu, from frozen yoghurt to the café speciality, custom ice cream. Wheein eyes stopped on that particular menu with question mark filled her face.

“What’s this supposed to mean? Custom Ice cream?”

“Ah, I asked the waiter before. The name says it all. You can pick your own flavours, mix it yourself and pick your own toppings. Basically, you can add everything you want as long as you’re sure the combination won’t upset your stomach, you’re good to go.” Seulgi explained while looking at where Wheein was looking.

“So? What you are guys going to get? You want that custom ice cream Wheein-ah?”

“Nah, actually I decided that long ago before I asked the custom ice cream. I’m going to get this Luscious Mango Ice Cream.” Wheein shrugged and pushed the menu away from her.

“Ah okay then. Seulgi-ah?”

“Chocovelvet for me.”

“Okay. I’m going to the counter because I’m so getting that custom ice cream.” Byul pushed herself up. “You two, get along while I’m gone.” She winked and walk away.

“I can’t believe she left us here without introducing us” Seulgi massaged her temple and shaking her head.

“Yeah. I know. She’s weird.”

“That, I can agree with. I’m Seulgi by the way. Kang Seulgi. You’re Jung Wheein, right? I heard a lot about you”

“Nice to meet you and yes I am. About the things you heard about me, is it a good thing?”

“It depends on whether you trust Byul-unnie to speak good things of you or not”

At this Wheein burst out laughing, she really likes good witted people and Seulgi proved to be one of those people. “I like you”

“I have a girlfriend though but we can work on that.”

Yep, she like this girl.

 

That’s Byul on the other hand, startled when a laughter she’s so familiar with exploded. Wheein’s. She looked back to see that Seulgi is making a flat expression while Wheein is laughing her off. They’re getting along huh, good then. She unconsciously smiling and continue to pick her toppings.

“Umm, you sure you want to mix everything?” the waiter seems so unsure with Byul’s way of picking. Yes, Byul loves to try new things and when she wants to try something, nothing can stop her.

“Yeah. Make sure you can fit everything I picked in that bowl.” Yep, someone is going to have an upset stomach.

 

A sudden movement startled both Wheein and Seulgi. Byul is back with a grin plastered on her face.

“Sooooo, you two hitting it off?”

“Yeah, jealous? I’m better than you I even steal your Wheein.”

Argh my heart. Why you do this to me Wheein” she clenched her chest, pretending to be hurt.

“Aww. You’re still my favourite one Byul-unnie but you need to step up your game. Seulgi-unnie is catching up pretty fast.”

They laughed and chatted about nothing while waiting for their well deserve frozen milk. Seulgi asked Wheein why she didn’t live with Byul anymore and Byul being Byul of course cut in with “I did my best but we broke up and she moved out.”

“You cheated on her.” Seulgi casually said while amused by Byul’s expression. She gasped.

Yeah! you cheated on me !” Wheein joined in, trying to suppress her laughter but her dimple failed her. Traitor.

“We all know how many girls you brought to your room every night.”

“Whoops, sorry to break it to you but I don’t do this one-night stand. I go all out. All in or nothing. I’m a loyal type.” Byul winked and both of them groaned.

“If someday you find that special someone, I’m so gonna pray for them to survive your greasy ,” Wheein added with a fake disgusted look on her face.

 

“Mango?” A stranger's voice made its appearance on their table. Wheein just put her hand up to tell the waiter where the mango is going to sit. He put the bowl down and Wheein can’t help her eyes to not follow it down.

“Choco?”

“Here.”

“And the last one. 1 custom extravaganza ice cream.”

“Here here ~ “

“Is that all ?” Byul just nodded. Her eyes still not leaving her bowl.

“Okay, let us know if you need anything else.” And then he’s gone.

 

 

Wheein just realized what her unnie has got for herself. She can’t even figure out what flavours were mixed together on that grand bowl. It looks like Byul just put everything the café has to offer into a bowl. She can spot the green tea scoop with caramel sauce dripping on it but the rest is a lost cause.

“Unnie, you sure you want to eat that? Remember what Seulgi-unnie said?”

“Nah, I’m positive! Let’s dig it !”

Yep, a guaranteed upset stomach is coming.