Dreams

A Song For You

 'Soojin, it's time to wake up now'
'Noooo I don't want to leave you yet' I moaned 'can't I just stay a little bit longer Jonghyun?'
He laughed at me and then shook his head 'everyone will be wondering where you are' he said 'they're filming the new music video today remember?'
I had completely forgotten about that.
'But I want to stay with you' I told him
'I'll be right here when you get back, you need to be there for them'
I sighed, he was right of course, I needed to go and support them. Today and those that followed were going to be very difficult.
The view of the beach I'd been sitting on with Jonghyun faded backinto my bedroom,I got up and got ready and headed out the door, grabbing a snack bar on my way out.

As i walked along the streets my mind wondered as it often did to thoughts of those I called my friends. Most people didn't believe that I was friends with SHINee but I had known the members before they had become famous and had been in school with Taemin. I was so proud of them all and the amazing people they had become and I would always be there to love and support them no matter what.
And now they needed it more than ever.
I didn't want it to but my mind then wondered to thoughts of Jonghyun and I saw his beautiful smile and heard him laugh. I'd never see that smile or hear that laugh again.
I still couldn't believe that he was gone, I didn't want to believe it. I kept telling myself over and over that it was all just a bad dream and that he was going to come back, to take me into his arms and apoligise for making everyone worry so much.
I paused, that was never going to happen because he really was gone and he wasn't coming back.
I could still remember vividly, the moment I was told that he was dead.
I was in work and I got a text from Onew saying that he needed to talk, but I couldn't just leave so I told him that I would see him later on that day.
'I need you here' he replied and that was it, on my lunch break I went to go and see them but it was only Onew that greeted me.
'Jinki, what's going on? Where are the others?' I asked.
'He's gone' he muttered, tears stained his face.
'Who's gone?' I asked confused.

A car blared its horn as it screeched past, I held up my hand as an apology but I doubted they saw me.
How ironic would that have been?
I arrived at the building and wondered inside. and went stright to look for them, I knew this place like the back of my hand.
'I'm here to see SHINee' I smiled at the worker behind the desk 'they are expecting me' she showed me the way and I thanked her.
I wondered down the hall and knocked on the door, but there was no answer so I just went inside.