Special Chapter: Crazy Rich Koreans

I won't say I love you (if you don't)

I blame this update on the movie. Hehehe

 

****

 

When you are filthy rich, and the world kisses the ground you walk on, the word RULE ceased to exist. Jennie Kim lived her entire life creating rules for people without being question about it. She knows how to play with them for her benefit. She has people jump through loopholes for her, twist, bend and even on some instances wipe them away if she has to.

 

But if there is one rule that Jennie follows it was this.

 

Her beautiful girlfriend never demands anything in their relationship. They never had one of those “You never have time for me kind of fights.” But even Chaeyoung admits that Jennie’s dedication to her work was something she both loves and loathes about her. She respects what Jennie does, but hates how her girlfriend is compromising her health and sanity over it.

 

Chaeyoung only has one rule in their relationship, and that Friday night belongs to her.

 

No work dinners, no galas, nothing related to work.

 

Add to that, Chaeyoung also gets to pay and to decide where they are going and what they are doing.

 

Tonight, Chaeyoung choose some art gallery that Jennie doesn’t really consider to be art, so it’s just a gallery of scribbled photographs (). Chaeyoung is lucky that she loves her too much or else, Jennie would have stormed out of there an hour ago. It also helped that Chaeyoung looks so damn lovely in that white mini dress.

 

“So, what am I looking at again?”

 

Jennie’s face twisted in confusion at the supposedly art that she is looking at. Jennie could think of a million and one places where she and Chaeyoung could go out for their Friday night dates. They could go eat at that new Asian fusion restaurant. They could go out for movies. They could go ice skating. They could pretty much go wherever they go but no, this is what her girlfriend chose.

 

Jennie thought her GPS was trying to get them mugged by leading them to a danky alleyway. But when they see the flock of cars surrounding the warehouse, they knew they’re in the right place. It was an art gallery of an up and coming controversial artist who made a name scribbling markers and crayons all over ripped magazine covers of idols and other famous faces.

 

Jennie doesn’t think this is controversial, just stupid.

 

Right now, she is tilting her head to the side, trying to make sense why this picture of G dragon with scribbles all over it is considered scandalous.

 

“I guess he’s getting his cray-on.” Chaeyoung attempted a joke, followed by a dorky smile that Jennie never even knew existed until they started dating.

 

“You have been hanging out with Jisoo unnie and Lisa too much,” Jennie kissed her girlfriend on her temple. “You are lucky I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” Chaeyoung pressed a thank you kissed on those pouty lips. “But this artist has been featured on Vogue and Esquire, baby.”

 

Jennie just raised a brow in response, she doesn’t look the least bit impressed. “She got an article in Vogue, but do you know who made it in the front cover?”

 

Chaeyoung couldn’t resist the urge to roll her eyes at her girlfriend’s little humble brags.

 

“I already know you are amazing.”

 

“Good. Just in case you forget.”

 

“Knowing you, you won’t have a hard time reminding me.”

 

Jennie’s lips curved into a satisfied smirk. “That’s what I’m here for.” But the smirk didn’t last too long when Jennie realized she would rather be somewhere else than here. “Can we leave now? I just don’t understand why you call this stuff art?”

 

“Shhh…” Chaeyoung warns her girlfriend, before eyeing the fanatics that is ready to crucify anyone who don’t share the same view. “Don’t say that around here.”

 

“Please babe, let’s not fool ourselves, that’s chicken scratch right there. The triplets do better art than they do.”

 

“Oh! Hello, I’m the artist and I would like to welcome you to my exhibit.”

 

Jennie would hardly call her an artist, but she did look the part. All ripped jeans and mismatched clothes and wild hairstyle that look like a hairdryer exploded midway through styling her hair.

 

“Oh wow, hi,” Chaeyoung’s voice hitch a bit in excitement, as she stood face to face with the artist. “It’s so nice to finally meet you. Oh my gosh, I’m such a fan of your work.”

 

“Okay…” The artist responds like Chaeyoung barely registered on her radar. It was like she was put on a mute button while the artist pressed play at the sight of Jennie.

 

“- and this is my girlfr-”

 

“Oh… oh yeah, of course,” The rebel artist cuts Chaeyoung off. “The one and only Jennie Kim.”

 

“Why? You know a lot of Jennie Kims?”

 

The controversial artist lets out an airy laugh that is a far cry from the menacing reputation that she was “known” for.

 

“I have seen the cover of Vogue and I’m just blown away by how enigmatic you are. Like you were about to jump off that page. and I just want to like- want to like-“

 

“Scribble all over my face?”

 

“Jennie,” Chaeyoung scolds her about it, not everyone can be charmed by Jennie’s savagery.

 

“No…no…no… it’s okay,” She raised her hand up to shush Chaeyoung. “I completely understand. My art isn’t… understood by many. These models that I chose, they are the definition of perfect, but when I make my mark, I feel like I made them into my own property, like I tainted their perfection.”

 

Jennie doesn’t look the wee bit of impressed, but her girlfriend looks blown away by such savageness.

 

“So, now that you are here, Ms. Kim… I would like to ask your permission if I could-“

 

“No.” Jennie cut right to the point but then she remembers she’s with her girl. “I mean no thank you. I pay a lot of money to my dermatologist, so I would prefer it to be scribble free.”

 

“I completely understand, I wouldn’t let anyone mess with my face too, if I look like that.”

 

The CEO saw her girlfriend’s jaw comically dropped when it dawned on her what’s going on. This artist with her supposedly devil may care, rebellious streak turned into a googly eyed fangirl at the sight of her girlfriend.

 

“Oh my God,” Chaeyoung finally lets out under her breath. Her little display of jealousy was too cute for Jennie.

 

But as cute as it was, Jennie has no problems reminding people who she really belongs to.

 

“Right, my girlfriend here has been so excited to see your work.”

 

“Oh, you have a girlfriend?” Her voice is teeming more on disappointment than surprise. “I thought she’s like a you know, a hot date?”

 

“She is… Just look at her, the most beautiful woman in this room.”

 

The artist is looking more and more disappointed now.

 

“Oh, it’s just that you never mention it in any of your articles.”

 

“Only idiots brag about their wealth.” Jennie said it with no hint of hesitation. “She’s the most important person in my life and I’m extremely protective of her.”

 

“Oh. Well, it was nice to meet you then.”

 

Jennie hoped that this would be the last of it, as cute as it was to see her girlfriend jealous. There is really no point to all this and she had always find shooing admirers to be such a chore.

 

“But just in case you change your mind, this is my business card.”

 

This girl just doesn’t give up.

 

“Here-“ Jennie hands Chaeyoung the card without missing a beat. “If ever I do change my mind, I’ll get your card again from my girlfriend. Are you ready to go, baby?”

 

*

 

“So?” Jennie asks as she straps Chaeyoung’s seatbelt down.

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Do I get lucky after my swooning speech?” Jennie looks back up, her lips curled into that all too familiar smirk. A smirk that tells Chaeyoung what

 

Chaeyoung feigns an eyeroll at such futile attempt. “Since when do you ever not get lucky?”

 

“Well, that’s true.” Jennie shrugs nonchalantly, that smirk still plastered on her gorgeous face.

 

“You’re not really nice when people tell you no.”

 

That sassy quip from her girl got Jennie’s jaw to hit the ground. “If you say it like that, you make me sound like a ert.”

 

Chaeyoung giggles before planting a kiss on those pouty red lips. The thought still never fails to amuse Chaeyoung, a freaking billionaire and still pouts to get what she wants.

 

“You are though.”

 

Jennie smirks through their kiss, “And whose fault is that?”

 

Chaeyoung’s cheeks bubbled up while rewarding her darling with a sweet peck on her lips.

 

*

 

There are millions of ways to wake up on a Saturday morning, but the doorbell shrieking is not one of it.

 

The doorbell blaring made Jennie feel like she’s waking up from a massive hangover even if she and Chaeyoung didn’t drink a drop of alcohol last night. After the night she and Chaeyoung had, Jennie has no intentions of leaving this bed and most of all, leaving this beautiful girl in her embrace.

 

“Make it stop, baby.” Jennie whines digging herself deeper into Chaeyoung’s embrace.

 

“Then, you have to let me go, so I could get the door.” Chaeyoung mumbles in her girlfriend’s neck.

 

“Nooo…” The CEO whined, her hold on her girlfriend getting tighter. “It’ll go away if we ignore it.”

 

Unfortunately, it didn’t…

 

That made Jennie bounce off the bed, her face completely pissed. It was the face that could make top CEOs cry.

 

“God dammit!”

 

“Okay, okay.” Chaeyoung holds back a chuckle, kissing those jutting lips before climbing out of their bed. “I’ll get it, just stay here.”

 

“If they work for me, fire them.” It was CEO Jennie Kim commanding her secretary Park Chaeyoung.

 

Jennie tries shutting her eyes close but the sight of her girlfriend’s luscious legs in her oversize white shirt, while Chaeyoung looks around the floor is keeping her awake.

 

“Looking for this?”

 

Jennie raised the baby pink cotton , before Chaeyoung yanks it away with an annoyed frown. Only her girlfriend can make the color baby pink into the iest color in the world. Chaeyoung grabs her joggers from the floor and runs her fingers through her hair before stepping out of their bedroom, hoping it will make her look more awake than someone who just literally stumbled out of bed. Her girlfriend who is just wowed at the sight, until now still can’t figure out how Chaeyoung could make the simplest things look exquisite.

 

“Oh my God!”

 

Jennie’s ears perked up at Chaeyoung’s surprise tone before she hears her girlfriend dashing back in the room, putting on as much clothing as she could.

 

“What’s going on?” The CEO raised her head up.

 

“Baby, get up, your mom is here.”

*

 

“So?” Mrs. Kim’s eyes scan their apartment, to see pictures of them in the mantle, two pair of shoes in the entrance. “I could tell that you two are already living together.”

 

Chaeyoung pursed her lips to hold back her gasp. She and Jennie are both over thirty but Mrs. Kim’s statement made it sound like she just caught her teenage daughter having .

 

“Yes, we are.” Jennie refuses to back down. “For almost four years already.”

 

“Then, is there a reason why you two aren’t making your arrangement legal?”

 

Chaeyoung and Jennie exchanged curious looks, both of them knew exactly where this was going.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Why are you two still not married?”

 

When people usually drop the question of when she’s getting married, no one does a better job of evading them than Chaeyoung. She does a fantastic job of politely waving them off followed by a soft smile that would instantly make people forget what they were asking.

 

But when Mrs. Kim, Jennie’s mom was the one who asked, Chaeyoung was put on a spot that she wasn’t prepared for. This woman was the OG tigress before Jennie, and she’s sure that a soft smile won’t be enough to keep her at bay.

 

If she was being honest, she’s terrified of the woman. The RBF is inherent in the women in their family, but unlike her love, Mrs. Kim lacks the sweet, playful side that she just adores about her girlfriend.

 

The first time that Jennie introduced her to her family was the scariest moment in Chaeyoung’s life. This was the woman that brought up Jennie and at the same time created Kim Enterprises to be the powerhouse that it is today. She saw the Mrs. Kim size her up, seeing if this “secretary” is worthy of her billionaire daughter. But to Chaeyoung’s surprise and her relief, Mrs. Kim approved of her, telling her that she prefers her who actually knows how to count, over those women who draped themselves around Jennie.

 

“Well, we are in a very good place right now. Me and Chaeyoung are very happy where we are.”

 

Jennie reasons out but her mom doesn’t look the least bit convinced.

 

“Really? are you, Chaeyoung?”

 

Mrs. Kim knew exactly how to rile an expression out of her.

 

“Am I what, ma’am?”

 

“Are you happy with your relationship with my daughter?”

 

“Oh Yes, I’m very happy with Jennie.”

 

“But for how long? Are you okay with the two of you not getting married?”

 

Chaeyoung turns to Jennie who is staring at her so intensely. She wonders how Jennie’s dad survived breakfast or any meals at that matter with two women who has the same intensity.

 

“We haven’t really talk about marriage, but ummm… yes, of course. I would love to spend forever with Jennie. So, someday maybe, we will get married.”

 

Jennie is looking at her with that fierce glare that she usually reserves for business partners that she needs to scare the out.

 

“You never mention that.”

 

“Bab-“ Chaeyoung stops as soon as she remembers who was eating breakfast with them. “I mean Jen, it’s just that, we never really talked about it.”

 

“Well, I’m glad I brought it up then.” Mrs. Kim lift the glass to , but that wasn’t enough to hide the flash of a smirk on her face. “So, that you two could finally talk about it.”

 

“Thank you, mom.”

 

Chaeyoung took a huge gulp of breath, hoping to diffuse the situation but when she sees the crackles between the two Kims, she figured out that it would be best for both her health and sanity to just stay quiet and eat her breakfast.

 

*

 

“Chaeyoung.”

 

The beautiful secretary jumps back in surprise as she heard the voice behind her.

 

“Oh, Mrs. Kim.” Chaeyoung picks the salad bowl and was about to head back to the dining room, but Mrs. Kim remained in her way. “Let me just finish this and I could bring this to you and Jennie.”

 

“Jennie really have a nice place here.” The older Kim said, running her slim fingers over the marble tiles. Her tone controlled yet Chaeyoung could hear conniving underneath it.

 

“She… she does.”

 

“Do you know why my daughter is one of the top CEOs in Asia even if she’s not even 35 yet?”

 

Chaeyoung doesn’t know whether to take that question as a challenge or as an insult. Even before they started dating, Chaeyoung has worked for Jennie for years. She knows and have always been fascinated with how Jennie’s mind works. Her lover is the definition of perfectionist, always five steps ahead of competitors and always have the bigger picture painted in her mind.

 

So, if anybody knows the answer to that, it’s her.

 

“It’s because she’s never satisfied.”

 

Somehow a spark of terror jumpstarts in Chaeyoung’s vein at what those words implied.

 

“Nothing is ever good enough, nothing is too big, nothing is too much. Even when she was a kid… that’s why I want to know, other probably than the- physical aspects in your relationship. I’m wondering how you keep my daughter so attached.”

 

“I- I wish I know, Mrs. Kim.”

 

“Well, word of advice Chaeyoung,” Mrs. Kim gaze locked straight against Chaeyoung “Maybe you should figure out what it is.”

 

*

 

“Hey you.”

 

“Hmmm…” Jennie responds without even looking up from her Macbook which made Chaeyoung heaved out a heavy sigh before crawling in the space next to her.

 

Their usual laidback Saturday morning turned so heavy, you would need a chainsaw to cut through the tension. After breakfast, Jennie tells her she’s going to her yoga class and Chaeyoung knew that her girlfriend is in the ninth level of pissed off when she didn’t bother to get a goodbye kiss or even just a look back.

 

Chaeyoung was hoping that the flying yoga would calm Jennie down, but all it did was make Jennie’s RBF more ier. It was close to dinnertime and Jennie still doesn’t look like she’s going to back off soon.

 

She tries to appease her frowning girlfriend with a kiss on her cheek. “Still mad?”

 

“I’m not mad.”

 

“So, you’re just frowning for no reason?”

 

“I have something called resting face as you may know.”

 

“Baby, that’s enough, look at me.” Chaeyoung tilts her girlfriend’s stubborn chin to look at her, only to come face to face with a cute pout. “Let’s talk about this.”

 

“Okay, you start.”

 

Chaeyoung takes a huge gulp of breath like she’s ready to do a presentation in front of her boss than her girlfriend.

 

“I’m very happy to be with you.”

 

“Happy but not contented?”

 

“I’m very contented.”

 

“Then, why would you tell my mom before me about wanting to get married?”

 

Chaeyoung leans back, tilting her head to the side in a questioning expression.

 

“I think it’s understood, isn’t it?”

 

“What?”

 

“That I want to marry you.”

 

For once, Jennie Kim finds herself struggling to come up with a response. Her heart both stopping and starting at those words. There is nothing she would want to do in this world than spend forever with Chaeyoung and finally hearing it out loud just did things to Jennie’s heart that only Chaeyoung could do.

 

“What’s wrong, Jen? You don’t want to?”

 

Chaeyoung probably didn’t mean the words to sound so hurtful, but it doesn’t matter cause it sounded spiteful for Jennie anyway. But if only Jennie knew that it was Chaeyoung’s fear that was speaking for her too. That her mother’s words simmer some doubts that Chaeyoung knew she never had, but here it is creating a crack between them.

 

“What?” The fierce gaze is back once again. “Don’t put me in the spot like that.”

 

“It’s not such a hard question, either we get married or not. And I know right now, you still don’t want to and I don’t want us to be those couples who get married for the sake of getting married.”

 

“You are making it sound like I don’t want it.”

 

Chaeyoung clarifies her point. “You don’t want it right now.”

 

“Because I- Because we- because- cause-“ And just like a perfectly reasonable adult, Jennie lets out her frustration with a growl.

 

But it wasn’t just her that was frustrated, Chaeyoung was getting in her last straw too.

 

“Great. Let’s not talk about this then.”

 

“Good idea.” Jennie answers back.

 

“What do you want for dinner?”

 

“I’m not hungry.”

 

“Fine.”

 

“Fine.”

 

Chaeyoung answers back with a huff and storming out of the place.

 

*

 

“I have the November expense report.”

 

“Just leave it there.” Jennie responds curtly, eyes locked in the document she’s reviewing than the gorgeous secretary who just walks in the door. That instant, Jisoo could tell that these disgusting lovers are in some kind of a fight. Even after four years of dating, the two still gaze at each other with such stickiness that it makes Jisoo want to jump in the shower to wash it off. Even after Chaeyoung steps out of the room, she sees Jennie her lips like she’s just ready to devour her girlfriend (which Jisoo no doubt in her mind knows that Jennie will).

 

The folders landed with a thud on her desk and Chaeyoung steps out of the room without as much as glancing back.

 

“Trouble in paradise?” Jisoo pointed out as soon as the door closes behind the gorgeous secretary.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jennie answered without looking away from the document.

 

“Let me try this again, are you two fighting?”

 

“Nope. We are just both on our periods.”

 

That little remark might make everyone just back off in fear but Jisoo is Jisoo for a reason.

 

“Oh, so Lisa is right.” Jisoo mumbles just loud enough to get Jennie’s attention, as she quickly looks up from the document and her face looking like she just entered a haunted house.

 

“Wait? Lisa said something to you? What is it? Did Chaeyoung said something to her?” The cool exterior that Jennie had quickly shattered as she started sputtering 100 words per minute.

 

B-I-N-G-O

 

“So, what happened?”

 

“Oh… ummm… N-nothing…” Jennie leans back again, trying to give out an image of nonchalance. But Jisoo already knew her too well.

 

“Oh, so that’s why Lisa was saying that-” Jisoo grins when she sees Jennie leaning in closer. All she has to do is put in a few careful words and Jennie would sure supply in the rest. “Chaeyoung wants to-“

 

“-Get married?”

 

“AHA! Gotcha!” But the M word was enough to even shock the unshockable Kim Jisoo. “Wait? What?! Marriage?”

 

Jisoo’s eyes practically beams at the M word.

 

“Oh?” The president slouches back when she learned that she had just been duped.

 

“Wait… do I hear wedding bells?”

 

“N-no- but did- Chaeyoung really talked about that?” Jennie is sounding less and less threatening with every minute that she begs Jisoo for answers. “With ummm… Lisa?”

 

“Oh, so that’s what you two are arguing about?”

 

“We are not arguing-”

 

“So, you guys are not just being your in love self?”

 

“I’m still in love.” Jennie corrected her.

 

Still so so so so in love…

 

“Then, what is it about?”

 

Jennie just heaves a huge sigh like the world’s burdens are smack dab on her shoulders. For someone who deals with international business deals, those things are nothing compared to her fight with Chaeyoung.

 

“My mom just showed up and asked Chaeyoung if she wanted to get married?”

 

“And Chaeyoung said-“

 

“Yes.”

 

The VP’s brows scrunched together in confusion, she’s a born genius but even she can’t figure out what these two are arguing about.

 

“And then? Shouldn’t you be jumping in excitement with that?”

 

“I am but… we never really talk about it, you know?”

 

“And why not? Because it’s practically a given you know? You gave her a Rose Garden with that line Forever Young.”

 

“I will forever be yours.”

 

“Oh sorry, I’m just missing the girls right now.” Jisoo, the eternal Blink sighs. “But yes, you gave her a fairy tale love story, so how does every fairy tale story ends?”

 

Jennie knows the answer to this, her girlfriend just happened to be such a huge Disney nerd.

 

“Right?”

 

“Right.” Jennie heaves another sigh.

 

“So, why are you two fighting again?”

 

“Because ummm… I don’t know.”

 

“Yes, you do, now come on, spill it. Spill it out. Spill- c’mon girl- just-“

 

“Alright… alright… stop!” Even Jennie have to surrender sometimes when Jisoo gets this persistent “Because ummm… I think that- you know I always think that me and Chaeyoung are contented on where we are, but obviously it’s just me, cause she’s like saying that she wants to get married.”

 

“With you though.”

 

“What?”

 

“It’s not like she went out and said, yeah, I’m with your daughter now but I really want to marry our hot VP, Jisoo.”

 

“She didn’t say that.” Jennie corrected Jisoo with a hiss

 

“Exactly. She wants to be with you. Forever.” Jisoo paused after that word, trying to give it more emphasis. “I think that’s a reason to celebrate more than get pissed off, right?”

 

Jennie just gave her a low hum as an answer.

 

“Right.” The CEO starts fiddling with her fingers, a rare habit that she does when she feels defeated. “I just didn’t like how my mom had to know about it first than I did. And I just can’t bear it that she’s rubbing this in my face.”

 

Jisoo tries to swallow her sigh after hearing that. It’s been like this since forever, Jennie sees her mother more as a competition than her own mother. Everyone in the business world sees Mama Kim as the OG Tigress before handling the business over to Jennie and Jisoo believe that until now, Jennie still has nightmares about being under her mom’s shadow.

 

Poor Chaeyoung, poor, poor, poor, poor Chaeyoung.

 

The sweet as secretary just happens to get stuck between the crossfire of the two female Kims.

 

And if anyone or anything in this lifetime is more important to Jennie, it’s Chaeyoung. So, that’s why knowing her mother figured that out before her just stings Jennie even much more. Chaeyoung just happens to take the brunt of Jennie’s emotion.

 

“Now you don’t know how to say sorry, huh?”

 

Jennie sighed on what felt like the millionth time but before she could respond back to the taunt, her phone received a message from the source of all this chaos, the she devil herself.

 

Her message short and concise and cold.

 

*

 

If there is one thing that Chaeyoung gives Lisa credit for, it’s that the girl is the definition of tenacious. Lisa might have too much energy and is usually a magnet for bad luck, but one thing though, if she wants something, she really wants something.

 

Right now, Chaeyoung did her best to ignore the bouncing girl in front of her. She just wants to have her coffee break, away from the suffocating tension of the office and right here in the gardens in peace.

 

“Yes Lisa?”

 

“You and Princess Charming had a fight or something?” Chaeyoung’s brow raised from the nickname before Lisa tried to explain. “Oh, that’s what peeps in the office are calling your bae, Princess Charming.”

 

Chaeyoung heard that nickname a couple of times. When the story slipped on who Jennie made the Rose garden for, every staff was instantly going heart eyes over her girlfriend’s gesture. It’s not like she could blame them, until this day, Chaeyoung still gushed at her sweetheart’s gift.

 

“What?” Chaeyoung looks away from her computer screen and over to her bestfriend. “What made you think that?”

 

“You need to give me more credit than that,” Lisa huffs. “My BFF senses are tingling.”

 

Chaeyoung finally gave out a huge sigh, “It’s that obvious?”

 

“Yeah, you two aren’t doing your lovey dovey stuff. And you’re not so smiley today.”

 

“I’m not even upset, but her acting like a spoiled brat is testing me.”

 

“That’s cute.”

 

“For a three year old, not when you’re a CEO.”

 

“Eeeehhhh I bet you still think she’s cute.”

 

Chaeyoung answered her with an eyeroll. She hates to admit how Lisa is so right on point.

 

“All I just want from her is to tell me what’s making her this upset.”

 

“So, why do you think she’s this upset?”

 

“I don’t know… I… Her mom went to visit us last night.”

 

“Oooooohhhh… Did she went all Eleanor Young at you?” Lisa asked.

 

After Lisa watched crazy rich Asians, the girl phoned Chaeyoung right as soon as the ending credits started rolling and was saying how much it reminded her of Chaeyoung, getting her own modern Cinderella story.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Did she go, you will never be enough?”

 

“It’s not that dramatic, Lisa.”

 

“For now, Chaeng. You might as well start playing mahjong and practice telling her, remember someday when Jennie has her new wife and kids, remember that it was because of me a poor secretary and then you drop the mic. Bam!”

 

“Okay, Lisa… that’s enough girl. Actually, she began talking about getting married.”

 

“Oh! A wedding?” Lisa popped in excitedly. “Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!”

 

“Relax Lisa, there’s no wedding. From the looks of it, Jennie probably doesn’t even want to get married.”

 

“Huh?” Lisa’s face squished cutely in disbelief. “Wait… that can’t be true.”

 

“What?”

 

“Well, the boss might be all too about the game, but one thing we all know is that she’s like so in love with you.”

 

“Really now?”

 

“Oh yeah. Everyone could see it.”

 

Much to everyone’s belief, Chaeyoung and Jennie isn’t all happily ever after or anything like that. They do fight, mostly due to Jennie’s stubbornness and her unwillingness to say sorry. In the earlier parts of their relationship, Chaeyoung tries to explain that saying sorry doesn’t mean admitting defeat but the word sorry is already ingrained in Jennie’s mind as a sign of weakness. No amount of explaining could ever change that, Chaeyoung at this point would rather say sorry than spend their time fighting.

 

But not this time…

 

Chaeyoung believed and know that she did nothing wrong to warrantied this arctic blast of coldness from her girlfriend. At least Jennie could tell her what was making her this upset, was it really this entire marriage talk? Does her girlfriend not want it this bad that she’s almost shutting her out?

 

Then, there is that fear growing. That fear that Jennie’s mom so easily had planted in her mind, that maybe, maybe deep inside of Jennie, she knows that in the near future Chaeyoung won’t be enough for her.

 

“What is it, Chaeng?”

 

“What?”

 

“There’s more, huh?” Lisa who usually boisterous, was a few notches quieter as she asked.

 

“N-nothing.”

 

“C’mon… Like my BFF senses are tingling, what is it?”

 

“Her mom asked…” Chaeyoung takes a deep breath. “Her mom asked what do I do to keep Jennie satisfied?”

 

“Ohhhh… I don’t think she wants to know that.” Lisa said before gulping down her coffee.

 

“No, she meant… I mean, she was saying that Jennie is who she is now, because she’s never satisfied with anything. It’s like she’s saying…”

 

“That soon Jennie would grow tired of you?”

 

Chaeyoung winced at the harsh truth of the words.

 

“Yeah… something like that.”

 

“You should have told her, that’s not what your daughter was screaming last night.”

 

As crude Lisa’s joke was, it still lighten up Chaeyoung a bit.

 

“Oh my God! She is so like the Korean Eleanor Young, except that the boss ain’t as weak as Nick. Okay, okay, he’s romantic but you know what I mean… For all it’s worth, Chaeng, boss always looks at you like she could never have enough of you. Like when we’re in meetings, or presentations, me and Boss Chickenhead always notice how the boss always has this look, like she’s searching until she sees you. And if Mrs. Kim, thinks you’re not enough for her daughter, she should see her when Jennie finds you in the room.”

 

Chaeyoung looks at her bestfriend.

 

“It’s like you’re all she ever needed in this world.”

 

“Thanks Lisa.”

 

“Anytime, Rachel.”
 

Chaeyoung turned to her coffee and smiled, Lisa as crazy as she could be never fail to lighten up her mood even if it’s just a little bit.

 

“So, ummm… if it’s you, Lisa, what would you do?”

 

“First… I will talk to the boss about it.”

 

Chaeyoung isn’t so sure about that, her girlfriend is not really known for her listening skills.

 

“Yeah, that should work.”

 

“Hey, you know what? When people look at you and Jennie, they’re not jealous of how much money she has, they’re jealous of how in love she is with you and vice versa. So, try again, I’m pretty sure big boss miss you.”

 

“Thanks Peik Lin.” Chaeyoung teased followed by sticking her tongue at her bestfriend, while Lisa is too shook to respond.

 

“What the hell?! I’m Astrid girl!”

 

*

 

Speaking of the devil…

 

Chaeyoung and Lisa walks back into their office like every employee was a hostage, and Jennie is holding a grenade. Her girlfriend is standing by her empty desk, her expression a dangerous mix of impatience and boredom.

 

Lisa shot up straight, realizing there is nowhere to go when her boss just caught her lollygagging instead of making her money.

 

“hhhh… hehehe…Hello Boss. I’m just you know, passing by, giving my bestie here ahh- I’m gonna go now.”

 

Jennie answers with a scoff, making everyone stood in attention. This was one of the things that Chaeyoung don’t appreciate with her girlfriend, how she does this power play moves just to pat her ego. But Jennie’s expression softens at the sight of her beautiful girl. When she realized how helpless she looks, she quickly clears and went back to CEO mode.

 

“Where did you go?”

 

“I had a 15 minute coffee break, boss.”

 

Her expression quickly darkens at the quip, before she speaks up.

 

“Do you need anything?”

 

“No. I’m meeting my mother for lunch.”

 

But before Chaeyoung could respond, Jennie has her phone already pressed on her ear, her high heels creating a staccato at every step.

 

Chaeyoung sighed louder than she thought when almost everyone in the office turned over to look at her. The whole office could probably sense their little fight, but dealing with gossip is the least of her problems, not when her girlfriend is taking this fight a few steps further.

 

But before she could shoot Jennie a can we talk after text, the elevator dings revealing a gigantic teddy bear that can barely fit inside the elevator and a bouquet of the most exquisite bouquet of roses.

 

“Delivery for Park Chaeyoung?”

 

“This is Park Chaeyoung!” Lisa answered for her, popping in as soon as the coast was clear. “This lucky girl is Park Chaeyoung.”

 

Soon, she could hear the entire floor swoon at her girlfriend’s gesture.

 

It wasn’t an I’m sorry, but Chaeyoung would take it.

 

*

 

Surely Chaeyoung would have received her flowers and teddy bear by now, Jennie checked her phone for the tenth time in two minutes. Is Chaeyoung that upset that she’s not sending her any of her sweet thank you message?

 

“You work and live with Chaeyoung, can I have at least an hour of my daughter to myself?”

 

Jennie huffs in surrender before placing her phone face down on the table.

 

“Much better. Do you know that the Choi’s daughter is marrying the Wang’s son?”

 

“Yes, I receive the invitation.”

 

“The Hongkong Wangs, it’s a brilliant move.”

 

Jennie’s expression remain nonchalant, busying herself with slicing her lamb.

 

“What do you gain exactly from marrying Chaeyoung?”

 

The young CEO drop her knife and fork at that instant, creating a klang that booms in that five star restaurant.

 

“Where is this coming from? You never had any issue with her before?”

 

“I still don’t. I’m just asking a question.”

 

Her mom’s words might sound harmless but Jennie knew her all her life to know that there is always some hidden undertones to it. Her mom didn’t become a global superpower because she was being cautious.

 

“Well, it doesn’t sound like it.”

 

“Like I said, sweetheart, what do you gain from marrying Chaeyoung?”

 

“My assets is bigger than the Chois and the Wangs combined. I’m not going to go broke anytime soon, so thank you for worrying, mother. What is your issue with my girlfriend?”

 

“I never knew it would be this serious.” She said in such a cold tone that it managed to freeze Jennie. “That maybe in a few months, it’ll wear off. Two years the most but here you still are. So, I’m guessing my visit spark a conversation about marriage.”

 

“I guess you can say that.” Jennie answered bluntly while taking a sip of her wine.

 

“I know you’re going to make me the enemy here, but when you two decide to get married you need to get a prenup.”

 

“Mom please.” Jennie shoves her plate, losing her appetite as this conversation continues.

 

“Darling you are worth billions. It doesn’t hurt to be safe.”

 

“Safe from who exactly, mom? You knew Chaeyoung for years, she isn’t after my money.”

 

“For now…”

 

“Thank you for the lunch mother, but I think this conversation ends here.” Jennie pushes herself off the table and was ready to leave, when she turns back around to make sure she has the last word.

 

“Mom, if this doesn’t work out, I’ll let you say I told you so, as much as you want, but you won’t because I’ll fight for her and fight for what we have. So, mom before I go, I just want to say if you ever say something like this about the girl I love again…”

 

There was a flash of uncertainty in her mom’s eyes that she masked well. “What?”

 

“I’ll leave it at that.”

 

Jennie says before walking away, letting those last words stir inside her mom’s mind.

 

*

 

“Is that all you’re going to eat for lunch?”

 

Jennie smiles softly at her steaming cup of Americano before finally looking up, revealing the most beautiful girl in the world standing right in front of her booth.

 

“Hi.”

 

“Hi.” Jennie tilts her head to the side, pressing her cheek against her palm as she looks at the beauty in front of her.

 

“Can I… Can I join you?”

 

There was a bit of trepidation in Chaeyoung’s voice, quaking with uncertainty if they’re okay now.

 

“Of course.”

 

“Well, I hope you’re hungry cause I grab your favorite.” Chaeyoung slips on the booth and pressed herself against her girlfriend.

 

The soft smile on Jennie’s face widens as Chaeyoung starts placing her lunch, her chicken salad sandwich and chips for Jennie to devour on.

 

“How do you know I’m still hungry?”

 

“Lunch with your mom isn’t really the most satisfying meal, no offense.”

 

“None taken.” The billionaire’s lips curls into a soft smile, before she felt Chaeyoung’s soft lips press gently on it. As soon as Chaeyoung pulls away, it was Jennie’s turn to return the kiss. “That was my good night kiss and good morning kiss.”

 

Chaeyoung’s lips curl into a sweet smile, “Thank you so much for the flowers and the giant teddy bear.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

“So?”

 

“So?”

 

“Is that your way of saying sorry?” Chaeyoung half teased with a half smirk.

 

“Ahhhh… Maybe?”

 

It wasn’t an I’m sorry, but it was better than nothing.

 

“Then, I forgive you.”

 

Chaeyoung cups Jennie’s face, those brown eyes twinkling with mischief and tenderness at the same time. But the mischief fizzles away quickly and was replaced by worry and fear.

 

“Jen.”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Can we talk about this?”

 

Jennie tilts her head in confusion, “Huh?”

 

“Can we talk about this? I know it scares you but-”

 

“Do you want to drive around a bit?”

 

*

 

“Oh my gosh!” Chaeyoung squeals in delight as she jumps down from the car, looking out at her childhood farmhouse from a distance. “Look at that, baby. The farmhouse looks haunted from here.”

 

“Why? You scared, Chaeyoung?”

 

“Haha… I wasn’t the one screaming and crying after going to a fake haunted house.”

 

To which Jennie just answers with a fake laugh, trying to erase that embarrassing memory in her mind.

 

Even if they live in a penthouse in one of the priciest areas in Uptown, the farmhouse with its chipped paint and country style decoration would always be the most magical place for Jennie. The place where she swore she will do anything to make Chaeyoung the happiest woman in the world.

 

“Come here,” Jennie tries to regain her composure as she presses herself against Chaeyoung, burying herself in her lover’s arms. “There is nothing I hate more than when we fight.”

 

“I hate it too,” Chaeyoung whispers back. “But it’s not going to be last time, Jen. It’s just that… when we fight, it’s not about who is right or who is wrong, its both of us trying to figure out the problem.”

 

“I know.” Jennie presses her hands against her girlfriend’s cheeks, before leaning her forehead against hers. “You were wondering if I want to get married and the answer is no…”

 

The heartbreaking gaze in Chaeyoung’s eyes was undeniable and Jennie was quick to wipe it away.

 

“I meant… not yet. This farmhouse, you always say how this is like an escape for you and this place… this place will always be special for us.”

 

Chaeyoung’s cheeks flushed at the memory that was such an adorable sight for Jennie.

 

“But this place is your family’s… and I love your family, you know I do maybe even more than mine. So ummm… I thought, we need our own place, so…”

 

Chaeyoung spun her head around and her jaw falls open as she realized the sweet gesture her girlfriend just did for her. There next to the farmhouse was an empty field with a sold placard stuck on the ground.

 

“Baby- baby- baby- we live in a penthouse suite, you didn’t have to do this- Oh my God, babe.”

 

“It’s okay, it’s okay… it’s for you…”

 

“It’s for us.”

 

“It’s for us.” Lips press against lips in a sweetest kiss. “I just finished signing the deed for the place, and this house, I want you to plan it. I want you to pick every brick, every wood, everything, baby. So, when you asked before if I wanted to get married, I was caught off guard and that’s why I answered like-”

 

“It’s okay, it’s okay…” Chaeyoung answers Jennie’s apology with a searing kiss. “I’m sorry baby, I’m sorry for even thinking that you don’t want to- I’m sorry for doubting us.”

 

“If there is one thing that you should always be sure of, Chaeyoung, it’s us.”

 

“I know… I’m so sorry, love.” Chaeyoung whispers softly.

 

“It’s okay. But for now, let’s enjoy the Farmhouse.”

 

The sweet smile in Chaeyoung’s lips turned sensual in heartbeat, as she bites her lower lip and took her girlfriend’s hand in hers, before saying,

 

“Let me show you my favorite room.”

 

TBC/ The End

 

Happy New Year! I hope you guys enjoy! Have a blessed 2019!