Unexpectedly

Daunted

Taekwoon POV

"That was a good run." I say.

"It-...sure...did."

"Sorry we had to run away from them." I apoligized. "It's the only way we can escape."

"We had no choice."

Wow. This is so surreal. I can't believe it.

First, I saw him with his cat and I fell attracted to him.

Second, I stalked him to the convenient store he's working from.

And, now...

Here I am, holding his shaking hand.

I couldn't imagine this would happen.

"You're safe now lil cutie." Taking his hand away from me to pet the cat on his arm, I look at him and he's just so gentle and fragile and I've got this feeling I wanna protect him for the rest of our lives. "Thanks to you, stranger."

He looks at me with that smiling face. Oh boy! I could melt right now.

"Small thing." I replied. Hit me now, I just sounded so rude.

"You sure really take the credit well, do 'ya?" He sounded like he's pissed off from my pretty mouth. "Well bye, Mr. Braggart."

He started walking away when a growl sounded. Oh damn it, for all the times? Why now, hungry stomach!

Oh! Bright idea. I could use this.

"Hey!" I call him. He looks back and oh my dear, is it that slow-mo. The way his head turns back to look at me with those beautiful big brown eyes. I'm so in love. "You owe me. Treat me to dinner."

"I'm sorry to tell 'ya Mr. Braggart-slash-Unpure heart, I have no money to buy you dinner. Not even for myself."

Oh?! That's so sad.

He must have been working diligently on the convenient store to support himself. I gotta do something.

"Well..." Think, Taekwoon. You must think of something to keep him for a little longer. "I just don't wanna eat alone."

He blinks his eyes at me like some sort of beautiful butterfree eyes. Oh god! Why is his eyes so beautiful? I'm so captivated.

"What do you want me to do?" He asks me.

"Eat me." Oh ! Taekwoon, such a babo. "I mean, eat with me."

"Well, I, ugh..." He's about to complain no when he's own tummy rumbles.

"Let's go, now. I take no as an answer." I grab onto his free hand and lock my fingers to his and pull him to follow me. "Besides, you're hungry too."

"I told 'ya I don't have money." He whines.

Oh, baby! He's soo cute when he whines. Like a baby I could take care of for my whole life.

"It's my treat!"

And so we headed to the nearest restaurant, food chain, eatery, whatever it is as long as food is served.

...

I open the door for him like a gentleman. Lead him to the table and serve him his seat.

"You don't have to do that." He says. But I bet he's blushing. Seeing those caramel cheeks topped with cherry color, nice view.

I sat across him and gave him the menu. "Pick whatever you want."

He opens the menu folder and starts looking for the list. I can hear him talk to himself like 'this food is my one day salary'. He's so cute when he's being like that. Being himself, I guess.

"Thank you." I say to the waiter after getting our orders. "So you are..."

"Hakyeon." He says, flashing his chesire cat smile. He sure does look like his cat, tho, so cute.

"I'm Taek-..." This was only the chance I realize, he's wearing the Starlight School uniform. So, this only means that, WE'RE SCHOOLMATES?!

If we are schoolmates, I should not introduce my schoolself-profile to him. It would be a major turn off for a potential lover.

"You're what?"

"Hehehe...I'm Leo." Sighs, where did I even get that name from? Anyway, atleast, saved for now.

"Leo, hugh? You must've come from US?"

"Well, yeah...kind of."

Oh god! A lie after lie.

"Thank you for waiting, here's your food. Enjoy your meal."

"Woooow!" He says with his mouth O-shaped. And I think that was the cutest reaction ever. "These foods are all for us?"

"Yup, so dig in."

He grabs onto a little plate and gathers soft food in there and gave it to his newly found friend.

"Eat now, honey."

He's selfless. I wonder if there are still many of him in this world.

After giving his cat its food, that's when he snaps me from my own wandering mind and gave me a plate of food.

"Thank you, for saving him, me, and for these foods."

I grab the plate, unintentionally grabbing his hand. I repeat, unintentionally. That's when I see Hakyeon blushing. Man, he's soo cute. I bet, I'm blushing too.

We start to eat. I watch him eat and he's like a little kid who just got his new toy.

"Thanks again." He says when we're out of the resto. "You're really kind. I wonder how could I ever pay your kindness. I'm not rich. I don't have money to pay you."

"Who says I'm crediting you?"

"You don't?"

"Yes, I don't."

"Really?"

"Really."

That's when he hugs me...unexpectedly.

I didn't see it coming. But I'm not complaining.

Being inside his arms, it is heaven.

"Ehem." He detangles himself from me while clearing his throat. "I'm sorry, I got carried away."

"It's fine. I'm sure do a huggable dude."

"You're kind, you know what. But you're boastful too." He says laughingly. And I just don't know if he can be any cuter than now. I bet my heart's evaporating into the air where love sure flies. "I gotta go, I still have a four hour late night duty."

That's when I was snapped again from my own reverie. He gotta leave.

"You do?" I ask.

"Yup." He answers. "It's really tough to earn money, so for me, time is gold."

"Then lemme help." I suggest.

"Oh, not anymore." He disagrees. "You already did enough, even though you don't have to."

"Well, just think, I'm doing it for the cat." I point out to the cat on his carry. "Look, the kitty is tired. You have to give it the rest it deserves."

"Well, you're right, but..."

"No, buts!" I interrupt. "Here, type your address."

I gave him my phone so he can type his address.

"Grab-taxi will be here by any minute now."

Then he looks at me with those glisten eyes. Saying nothing, but I can already hear his thanks loud and clear.

Until the grab-taxi came and I send him home.

 

---

A/N:

Thanks to:

EommaJune - for writing Chapter 2

KingLeon - for writing this chapter.

 

A little update for our friend, he is still recovering physically and mentally. He's starting to live a normal life once again. But there's still no progress of him recovering his old memories. But at least, he's getting better.