Initial Obstacle

Begin Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already noon when they woke up again feeling sticky as sweat accompany their entangled limbs, Jinyoung is vacillating between standing up and cook for their first meal of the day or stay for more minutes relishing the feeling of contentment but ultimately decided to choose the former as his stomach speaks to him making loud growling sounds, he felt mortified thus ran very fast to the bathroom with Jaebum’s laugh still ringing in his red tip ears.

 

The place did not change that much Jinyoung muses as the utensils and other wares still placed in the same cabinets as he can easily locate things he needed, bringing back such familiarity when he used to stay over at Jaebum’s place. Too sluggish and lazy to cook an elaborate meal he just made simple soup, omelet, kimchi and rice, knowing the older’s appetite he eats almost anything by the way and doesn’t have the will to complain if he’s extra hungry or tired.

 

He has just placed the meals and plates when Jaebum descended down already rinse up and hums appreciating the food he made. He’s about to make coffee, getting the older’s mug when suddenly he stopped when he can’t locate his own mug that used to be side by side with the older’s. Jaebum must’ve noticed his frozen state when suddenly he felt his breath ghosting over his an arm loose enough snaking on his waist, shaking him away from his random stupor.

 

“What’s wrong hmm?” Jaebum’s voice sounds loving with a lace of concern and Jinyoung allowed himself to relax and let go what seem like a simple small matter, an inanity both of them don’t need to discuss to break their bubble.

 

“Nothing just thinking if you prefer an extra sweet coffee” Jinyoung leaned in more to the older’s chest with warmth spreading in his own body.

 

Jaebum chuckled and spun him around and leaned with now their foreheads pressed together “I think I have an enough supply of sweetness today” he said with his tongue gliding on his lower lip and Jinyoung can’t help but to follow the movement before he gulped, cheeks burning hot with how he can’t hide his thirst for the older.

 

Jinyoung can feel the shame but as he’s about to lean in and have his lips press against the older but Jaebum pulled away and grinned “You’re already hungry so I’ll handle the coffee” and with that Jinyoung was released from the warmth and Jaebum grabbed a porcelain cup and poured hot water into it. It didn’t matter anyway that his present mug looks so pale with Jaebum’s radiant yellow ones with The Simpsons family smiling at him that look too mocking for his irrational food deprive brain and tried to be at ease about the lost counterpart mug- the mug that used to be his.

 

They eat in relative silence with the fork and spoon only making the clinking noises, Jinyoung is not sure if the silence is uncomfortable or it’s just in his side since across him Jaebum continue to stuff his mouth with food. Maybe he’s just over thinking they are fine, well he is not feeling so fine but he can handle it, just that after eating what will they do now, should he leave after cleaning the dishes, should he stay but isn’t that the older’s choice or should he ask about his missing cup..... that cup again seriously he’s loosing his presence of mind and appetite just for a cup.

 

His internal monologue was disturbed when he noticed that Jaebum’s already carrying his plate in the sink and he hastily try to stop the older and offering to clean up when the older just smiled at him “eat Jinyoung-ah I can handle the dishes” he is about to respond when the other beat him to it “after that you know we can just have netflix and ch--” Jinyoung suddenly choke on his food and gulp half of the water before gesturing Jaebum to continue. Jaebum looked worried before returning to nonchalance and said “netflix and cheese”

 

Jinyoung can feel his cheeks burning hot and it’s either of the choke or the mortification, more of the latter his unhelpful brain supplies.

 

“I have cheese flavored popcorn on the fridge, it’s the only flavor I have though”

 

“Oh cheese is okay” better than vanilla, shut up you brain “It’s tasty anyway” Jinyoung smiled that he hopes looks cheerful enough that Jaebum won’t notice his disappointment mortification.

 

~~

 

They settle for an action movie, Jinyoung doesn’t know why but he supposed this is better than having a sappy romantic for his thirsty brain or a horror one that will make him grab to the older every now and then purposely or not.

 

They sat on the couch but a few centimeters between them, it’s too early to ask for a cuddle anyway. Jinyoung is the only one eating the popcorn in his lap since the older is too engrossed in the movie, while him well he has a view of his own. Jinyoung knows it must be creepy to stare this long but he can’t help it Jaebum always have that certain aura on him that once you see you can’t look awa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter