Misunderstandings

Save Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Upon arriving at the beach house a little later than the other other group, Sehun, Jongin and Haerin got the last room. There being only 5 rooms with one bed and 11 people, Suho suggested that the couples sleep together and the last person sleep on the couch in the living room. It immediately made sense in Haerin’s mind that she should take the couch as she is the sole reason why there is an odd number of people. Before she could say anything though, Jongin volunteered to sleep there while Sehun and Haerin shared the room. “I can’t let a princess sleep on the couch.” He grinned down at Haerin but his face quickly contorted in pain from the girl’s hard punch to his arm. “That’s for earlier and for just now.” Haerin rolled her eyes and made her way to the last room with her bags, closing the door behind her. From the room she could hear Suho yell for everyone to get changed before making their way out to the beach for the rest of the day. Haerin sprawled out on the large, comfy bed and stared at the white ceiling above her. Hearing the door open softly, she lifted her head. Sehun entered the room cautiously. “ Are you okay with sleeping with me? Would you rather be with Jongin? I can switch with him if you’d like.” Haerin allowed a smile to form on her face at his questioning. “I’m fine with anything Sehun.” Sehun only shuffled to his backpack to grab a pair of shorts and the shuffled into the bathroom that connected to the room. Haerin got up from the bed and followed Sehun’s action of grabbing clothes but then sat on the bed and waited patiently for the male to finish. Remembering about her roommate, Haerin pulled out her phone from her back pocket to text the girl about her whereabouts and when she would be coming back. By the time Haerin’s thumb hit the send button, Sehun opened the door and walked out of the bathroom. Haerin looked up and her jaw immediately dropped at the sight before her. There Sehun was standing in only his swim trunks that were resting lowly on his hips, his boxers peeking out slightly for her to see and his upper body revealed for the whole world to see. This man was really a work of art. Sehun cleared his throat. Haerin’s wide eyes traveled up to meet his. Sehun was looking at the girl with a brow raised and a slightly amused smirk. Heat started to creep up the girl’s neck. “I’ll wait for you outside.” After Sehun exited the room, the girl who was still frozen on the bed let out a huff and started to fan herself while looking around the room to calm her racing heart. Not wanting to make him wait for long, she quickly got changed into her navy blue, floral 2 piece and a see-through white crochet cover up dress that ended just above her fingertips. Walking out of the glass doors from the living room, she immediately spotted Sehun’s muscular back. The fact that he works out almost daily evident. “I’m done.” Hearing the girl’s voice, Sehun directed his eyes from the oceanic view to Haerin. The boy let out a small curse under his breath when he saw how the girl was dressed. She looked absolutely stunning standing there with the sunlight shining on her skin. Her hair was in a bun and with all of her locks no longer blocking her face, you could see how naturally beautiful the girl was. The lighting and the color of her dress made her look like a glowing angel. Snapping out of his trance when the girl began to wave her hands in front of his eyes, asking him if he was okay, Sehun cleared his throat awkwardly. “You look….” Haerin raised her eyebrow, anticipating his answer. “Cool I guess.” Sehun mentally face-palmed himself for telling the girl that she merely looked cool when he was just telling himself that she looked like a glowing angel. Disappointment washed over Haerin’s face for a brief second before she put on a poker face. “Thanks.” Hearing her slightly cold voice, Sehun winced. And with that Haerin took the lead of walking straight ahead towards the tent the others set up by the water, not even giving a glance behind her to see if Sehun was following. Sehun let out a sigh and followed her trail of footsteps with his head tilted down in shame. 

From afar Haerin could see Chanyeol and Suho cooking steaks on their small, portable grill that Chanyeol had brought along and their girlfriends laying on beach towels with their backs faced to the sun. Jongin glanced up from his phone and immediately grinned when he saw the approaching girl. “You look gorgeous sweetheart.” Haerin blushed. “Thanks.” “Did you put on any sunscreen? I wouldn’t want your precious skin to get burned.” She shook her head. Jongin clucked his tongue. “Come over here. I’ll put some on you.” Taking her wrist to drag her towards his small backpack, Jongin dug inside and grabbed his small bottle of spray-on sunscreen. “Take off that thing and turn around.” Obediently, Haerin grabbed the ends of her dress and turned around for the boy. She could hear the boy whistle in delight as her started to spray the cool substance on her smooth skin. “You really are a goddess aren’t you?” After the male finished spraying down the girl before him, she turned around and slapped his toned chest with her hand. The latter only chuckled and turned around to stuff the bottle back in his backpack. Haerin turned around and glanced at the meat on the grill. “It looks good guys.” Chanyeol turned around and grinned at her. “Go play around. We’ll call everyone over when it’s time to eat.” Suho said without taking his eyes off the pieces of meat. Haerin made her way to the others who were playing volleyball in the water.

“Guys! Meat’s ready!” Everyone in the water quickly turned their heads at Suho’s voice, pausing their game. 1 by 1 they all began to make their way towards the huge blanket Chanyeol had set out for them to eat. Digging in, everyone began to converse among themselves with smiles on their faces. This truly was the perfect getaway to clear your head from school. All the conversations came to a halt when they heard Baekhyun clearing his throat to call for attention. “Enough of the small talk. Time to play my favorite game.” He giddily announced and numerous groans could be heard from the other boys. By now all the girls were either cuddling with their boyfriends or at least holding hands. “Really hyung? Truth or dare? That’s all you got?” Sehun said in a whiny tone. Baekhyun lifted his eyebrow. “ Well we can’t exactly play spin-the-bottle.” He shot back with a smirk. Sehun rolled his eyes but agreed anyway as the older was right. “Yay. I’ll go first. Newbie!” Haerin darted her eyes up to look at Baekhyun in shock. “Truth or dare?” “Truth.” “If you could choose one person to date, who would it be?” Baekhyun let out a cackle. “Girls or boys. We won’t judge.” Haerin began to blush profusely and only shot a small glare at the laughing boy. She scanned her eyes around the group and looked down at her empty plate when she met the eyes of a certain boy. “Sehun.” She muttered. Baekhyun’s eyes widened along with his smile. “AHHH LOOK AT OUR MAKNAE. HE’S BLUSHING, SHE’S BLUSHING. JUST DATE ALREADY.” Baekhyun’s girlfriend who was leaning on him started to laugh but then elbowed his ribs to tell him to be quieter. 

The game continued till night with boys having to strip and go jump in the water and girls having to chug beers. When it had come to Sehun’s turn to be asked, he chose dare without hesitation. “I dare you to kiss the person who you think is prettiest. And I know I’m hot and all but I’m tied down already.” Baekhyun said with a playful smirk. Sehun got up and made his way around the circle, kicking Baekhyun’s leg on the way. Stopping at one girl who refused to look up unlike everyone else, Sehun bent down hesitantly and looked into the shocked eyes of the one before him, silently asking if what he was about to do is okay. Not receiving any sort of response, Sehun softly cupped her cheek and slowly leaned in to plant his thin lips on her soft ones. The moment Haerin felt his lips on hers, she fluttered her eyes closed and reached her hand up to grab his wrist. The short kiss was then followed by multiple “Whoops” and “Ooo maknae”. Sehun pulled away and without glancing back, he made his way to his spot. Haerin hid her bright red cheeks in her hair and ignored all the shouts of excitement. Jongin, who was sitting on her left, nudged her with his elbow. She turned her head in his direction. Wordlessly, he lifted his hand that was holding his bottle of beer in her direction. “No thanks. I don’t drink. Only if it’s a special occasion.” Jongin chuckled. “Cupcake, this is your vacation. Let loose a little.” Still, the girl shook her head politely and the male only shrugged and turned his attention back to the group. “Alright guys, it’s getting late so we should all head back in, shower and get a good nights’ rest. Remember, we still got a full day tomorrow and half of Sunday as well.” Most of the couples began to head inside while the rest stayed behind to help clean up. Haerin shyly walked up to Sehun and tapped him on the shoulder. “You can go in and shower first Sehun. I’ll stay and help.” Sehun hesitantly nodded and began to jog towards the house. 

By the time the tent was taken down and the grill was stored away, all of the people who went in early were done washing up. Bidding the others goodnight, Haerin walked to her shared room only to stop when she heard Sehun and Jongin quietly talking inside. She was about to walk away when she suddenly heard her name being mentioned. “I don’t know man. I just kind of wish that kiss didn’t happen. I don’t want it to mean anything.” More talking could be heard but after what Sehun had said, Haerin’s body froze and tears began to cloud her vision. The door in front of her abruptly opened and the person who opened it gasped. “Did you hear what we were talking about?” Jongin cautiously said. Her face was stoic but her eyes were filled with so much hurt that it pained him to see it. Without responding, she brushed past him and walked towards her luggage. Jongin sighed and softly closed the bedroom door, hoping that Sehun would fix the mess he just made. The said boy stood frozen in his spot, not knowing what to do or how to handle the problem that he had created unintentionally. “Haerin. Did you really hear the whole conversation?” Still searching through her luggage for her night shorts, she responded coldly. “I heard enough from it.” The girl stood up and began to walk towards the restroom when she felt Sehun grab her wrist. “ I didn’t mean it like that.” His voice desperate. “ Didn’t mean what? Didn’t mean to kiss me? Didn’t want to kiss me?” Pain was obvious in her voice and Sehun could feel his heart start to break. “No, no, no. It’s not like that.” He was pleading for her to believe him. “You make me feel things that I’ve never felt before. And it’s weird for me. I’m scared of hurting you. If my actions lead to something bigger, I could end up losing you. I don’t want to lose you, Haerin.” Her heart was beating rapidly and the tears threatening to fall. Letting go of her wrist, Sehun sighed. “I don’t know why I’m feeling this way. But please please please, don’t be hurt because of me.” Haerin turned around slowly to face the male with her tear-filled eyes. He had a pained expression and his eyes were full of desperation. Carefully, Sehun brought his hand up to caress her cheek softly. “Don’t cry over me. A guy like me isn’t worth crying over.” The girl frowned at that. “What do you mean by that?” Sehun was now combing his fingers through her long hair. “I’m not a good guy baby. I can’t treat you right. You’re bound to be hurt with me.” Her frown deepened. Searching for his hand in her hair, he lead his hand towards hers and she firmly grasped it, intertwining her fingers with his. “There’s nothing wrong with you Sehun. You’re perfect the way you are.” Sehun looked at the latter with total adoration written on his face. He wrapped his strong arms around her figure and took a big whiff of her hair. Haerin uncomfortably fidgeted. “I haven’t showered yet. I’m still dirty and stinky.” She muttered. Sehun let out a chuckle. “You smell like heaven sweetheart.” For the nth time since she met the boys, Haerin blushed, totally forgetting that she was almost about to cry her heart out in the shower due to the very boy that was embracing her. 

After aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter