chapter III : han river

Turning Page // 2018
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

      Ji! Oh my god, I've heard from Seungri that you are on the way here back in Korea! I am so excited, thank you for coming, I know that this is kinda bothering to you cause you are busy at states but still thank you for investing some time to attend! See you when you got here, alright? I'll treat you some of your favorites and let's hang out sometimes!

(Message Received, Unknown Number)

 


12:36 AM, Korea

 

He knows. Of course, he knows where it came from. It's been a while since he got a message from Her. Still, he remembers what was the last thing she said, it wasn't a good memory to even think about it. Jiyong knows that he already moved on, hence, that was years ago. 1 year? 2 years? 3 years? All he knows that he hasn't been thinking about her for a long time now. He can finally sleep at night with peace, he could even go a day without drinking, and he's been really feeling himself lately. He's been sober for all the emotions that have been taking all over him. He loved her, so much. He would literally give up everything for her because she was the one who lifted him up when he was so drowned with the pain of longing for so many years and God knows why. But maybe, just maybe, Kiko isn't really the one for him. He knows that so much that the only thing he can do is to accept things and moved on. Things were going so well lately, it's just that, now he just feel uneasy by the thought of her getting married. Time flies so fast.

Jiyong put his phone back at his pocket and look at the woman who's been ordering some ice cream at the counter. He scans the whole place and he noticed that they were only a few people who's been hanging out here, which he found it confusing cause this is Gangnam, this is the city of life, no one sleeps here. He took a seat near the window that could see the beautiful lights of the city and places Aimee's luggage at the side. Aimee was excitedly ordering foods and ice cream, gladly Jiyong offered his card so that was a relief for her. Since she hasn't eaten something for the whole flight, she ordered tons.

"What's up with your face?" She asked, placing the tray with their foods on the table and took a seat in front of the latter. "You okay?"

Jiyong hummed in response. He takes the cup of ice cream and surprisingly, she ordered his favorite flavor. Mint chocolate ice cream. She used to hate that taste, she doesn't understand the combination but later on, she gets used to it. He keeps on ordering it though, and sometimes when he couldn't finish it anymore, she was the one who would finish it, up to the point that she was ordering the same thing too. Jiyong look at the foods she ordered, yes, she ordered the same thing. 

"Uhm well..." She scoffed. "I just thought that maybe you still like the same flavor, but we can change it if you want!" She blurted.

"It's fine." He nodded, taking a spoonful of ice cream and shove it in his mouth. He looks at her, and observe her intently.

She still looks the same, nothing really changes at all. Her hair is still shoulder length, brunette, wavy, her nose is still shaped button, which he really found it cute, her eyes, her eyes, he thought. He used to love it, he used to stare at it all the time. He used to get lost to it, he used to be seen in her eyes all the time, the way it twinkles though, the same spark he saw years ago, and oh the way she looks at him, he remembers. Jiyong shook his head, erasing the thoughts. He doesn't even know why his brain trying to remember the memories that he forced to forget. Sighing, he just focuses on eating his dessert as he watches her eats tons.

"If you ever choke and die here, let's pretend that you were not with me." He stated, chuckling as she literally just choked. He immediately gives her a bottle of water and he laughed at the scenery he saw, her eyes get watery as she tries to calm herself. "How can you be so reckless." He said, biting his lips preventing to laugh even more.

"How about you shut up and let me eat, .'' She glared at him. "Hey, I haven't eaten anything since this morning!"

He watches her closely. "Is that why you are pigging out?"

"Well, technically, somebody made me wait for almost 8 hours. That ." She spatted, rolling her eyes but chuckled after. " suits him."

"Whatever," Jiyong mumbled, looking away. Anyway, why does he care, he doesn't really know why is he with her at this kind of hour. "Why are you here in Korea by the way?" He wasn't really supposed to ask that loud, but his mouth can't even stop sometimes. 

Aimee drinks a lot of water before speaking up. "Well, change of life." She chuckled. "If that's valid."

Jiyong hummed in response. He understands that Aimee doesn't want to spill everything out, of course, everything changes in time and it's not like he really wanna know what she's up to now that she's back in Korea, but sure, he was curious, he really wants to know. After 15 years of having no communication, neither Hi or Hello, or to even see a glimpse of each other, not even a proper closure, Jiyong has it all. It made him miserable. Though, he knows too well that everything is on the past now. 

"You came from New York, right?" Aimee asked all of the sudden. She was almost done with her food. She takes a tissue and wipes her lips, she feels kinda full now though, plus she has an ice cream to even finish. She waited for Jiyong to speak up, and she noticed how deep he was in thought, he was silent, though he was really silent even from the start they met again in the plane but now it feels like he doesn't even wanna talk. "I mean, we met in JFK so that means you were in New York." She added.

"Yeah, uhm-" He paused for a second, looking directly into her eyes. "Well, I had a business meeting." He lied.

"Really? That's nice." She smiled. "But really Jiyong? 13 pieces of luggage?" She laughed. "That's a lot!"

"I know, 5 years." He said.

"5 years?" She got confused for a moment.

"I lived in New York for 5 years. East Manhattan, 96th st, Park Avenue." He took a scoop again from his sundae cup and wait for her reaction. It was obvious that she was surprised. Her eyes get bigger and becomes agape. Jiyong wipes down his lips, sign for him that he was done eating. Plus, he doesn't want this conversation to go further, he just doesn't like telling his ed up story to her not even to people he knows. "Well, I just went to hiatus." He finished. "Are you done eating? Let's go."

"I want to go to Han River!" She immediately requested.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter