intro: airport

Turning Page // 2018
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Airport, 8:24 AM.

 

"So that's it? That's what he just said to you? All these years, all those dramas and stress he gave to you? Only sorry?" 

Jennie said with a huffed. Aimee just smiled with her statement, she knew way too much how to handle her best friend, it has always been like this though, Aimee telling some story about her life and Jennie getting so pissed off. Jennie has never been an easy girl to deal with. She has always been that kind of best friend that Aimee can always rely on, she was loud, funny and always there for her but if there is one thing that was always been hard to deal with her, it is her patience.

"As if I can do something about it." She whispered. There's a hint in her voice that this is causing too much trouble to her. "I know that this is too much to handle and it's obvious that he already made a decision, but I can't really do something about it. Now that I am going somewhere, I think that this is for the best."

"Best? What? Are you damn serious? That just played with your heart for God knows how many years! You gave everything- everything Aimee, that's how stupid you were for him. All for him! It was always been him, you never give credits for yourself, you made a fool-"

"Jennie, stop."

"I am telling the truth!"

"It is not helping." Aimee sighed.

Jennie took a deep breath and let out a loud groan. "I just can't believe that he did that to you. I trusted him too."

"It's alright. We just have to calm down and maybe accept things?"

"I could do that. But not you, I mean how can you accept that? How can you just accept that your supposed-to-be-boyfriend just make a fool of you?" Jennie sighed. She paused for a moment before continuing. "Aimee, do you want me to find out things?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know, I'm here in our town, and now you are flying out to somewhere. I mean how could we know what was the real reason for you guys to break up, I mean at least if he could taking things off, he should've given you honesty. So you wouldn't question yourself." Jennie knows to herself that she made a point, but she really can't help but feel bad and pity her best friend. She knows Aimee too much, and she knows that the latter wouldn't agree to her proposal. "Just give me one day, let me just find things out, so at least whenever you are ready to know, I would tell you an instant."

Aimee took a deep breath. "I understand your concern. Thank you, I mean, I know that I need some clarifications too and we all know him that he wouldn't give me that, it's been almost 3 years." She chuckled to herself. "Maybe you're right, I need to know the truth. Sorry is not enough." Aimee gathered her stuff and pause for a second. At the back of her mind, she knows to herself what was the reason, she already got an insight, it's just, she needs confirmation. "One thing for sure? My parents would kill me if they found out about this." She scoffed. 

"Oh my god!" Jennie exclaimed. "What would I tell them if they ask me about you? Oh god, as if I can lie to them I mean-" Jennie is basically having her moments when she can't stop talking because she was too nervous to even make sense. She is going hysterical. "Aimee!" 

"Jennie, please, just tell them that I just need space and you know, just think of something else, for me, please?" Aimee begged. She hears Jennie huffed in response through phone, and she already knows that Jennie is going crazy right now. "I know you got me, please?"

"Aimee, you know I can't do that to your parents. I always got you, but why can't you just tell them that you're flying to-"

"If I told them, do you think they would let me?"

That silence Jennie. She knows Aimee's parents too much. They are strict, proper and just so straight to the point that everybody is so scared to even talk to them. They are not that bad, Aimee is the proof that they just want a good life and just a simple living, but she feels suffocated. She can't breathe to her own, she can't achieve something for her own. She loves them, but she needs to do something for herself. Now that she is earning something, she wants to prove something else.

They are currently living in New York, Aimee got a wonderful opportunity to live in Manhattan since it was her dream place, to begin with. Her parents are staying in the Hamptons since it was the suburb side of the place and it was peaceful to live in. Unlike Manhattan; it is the area that never sleeps. Everything is going well, Aimee is living her life to the fullest since she already graduated from college and her parents got a dining business in Hampton. Aimee is basically living her dream, it just that, she feels like she had to do something new to her life. That's why she decided to go back to her home country and start a new, that's what she promised to herself and now she is one step closer to it. The thing is, her parents don't have any idea what she was planning and she knew that she is going to mess this up if they find out. 

"But they get so worried and you know how impossible they are."

"That's why you are there..." Aimee plead. "Please, Nini?"

"Aimee..."

 

"Flight 107, We’d like to invite all our passengers flying in business class to start boarding."

 

Before Jennie could say anything, the announcer called out the flight. Sign for Aimee to the board, it means she has to go now. She heard Jennie sighed, and of course, the latter couldn't do anything about it. Aimee gathered all her stuff, but the moment she stands up, something suddenly came up and she needs to do something about it in instant.

She finally made it to the restroom but the line was too long to even waste time, Aimee wanted to run at the other side but she couldn't do anything about it, so she had no choice but to wait. On the other hand, the silence between them is killing them both, well at least Jennie is the only one being quiet cause now it's time to bid a farewell and the latter is currently busy waiting in line, but one thing for sure, they don't wanna say goodbye, but just the thought of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter