A Date

Bittersweet Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was at noon when Jieun walked out of the bathroom. Her body was covered with sweat when she returned to the cottage so a shower was everything she needed. She changed into jeans and hoodie before he sat in front of the vanity mirror. Everyone had not returned from the hiking yet and she was relieved. She had time to think what happened earlier.

“A date?” She scoffed at herself.

Mino asked her out like it was nothing serious and Jieun hated that. Because she had never thought a date is a piece of cake. She dated once and she was sure there was nothing easy about it. But, there was nothing ever be easy with Seungyoon anyway.

A flash of memory hit her. Seungyoon was holding her tight on her bed when she was feeling a horrible pain. It happened that she has an abnormality with her backbone. It costs her to suffer a pain frequently.

“There you are!”

Jennie opened the door and walked into the room. She was still wearing her sport outfit and sweating. But, she was still looking so good. She threw her body on the bed.

“You didn’t make it to the top?” She asked.

Jieun shook her head. “The hangover got me bad,” she replied.

“So you came back here?”

Jieun bit her lip, “Actually, Mino brought me here. I was almost fainted, you know.”

Jennie chuckled. “You don’t have to explain that. I don’t say anything though,” she said.

At her words, Jieun felt her cheeks were getting hot. Jennie was right, she was overreacted and Jennie wasn’t a fool. She knew there was something going on between Jieun and Mino and she would never force Jieun to tell her. Which she believed that Jieun would finally tell her.

And her guess was right.

“He asked me out,” Jieun declared.

Jennie smiled, “Well, I’ve been expecting that.”

“Have you?”

Jennie nodded. “Come on. I am no baby, I know he is after you and it was about time for him to ask you out.”

Jieun chuckled, “What are you? A fortune teller?”

Jennie shrugged, “I dated bunch of guys, you know.”

***

“Hey, you okay?” Donghyuk approached Jieun once he got on the bus.

“I am fine,” Jieun smiled.

The bus was ready to get them home and Jieun couldn’t wait but to be home as soon as possible. She needed time to think about everything she had experienced. Jennie and the other kids got on the bus, including Hanbin and Bobby who seemed wasted.

“What’s wrong with them?” Jieun asked.

Donghyuk looked at Hanbin and Bobby who took a seat in the second row. “Apparently they got to clean the cottage because what they did last night,” he replied.

Jieun chuckled, “They deserve it.”

“Yeah, they do,” Donghyuk nodded. “I was lucky for getting drunk and all so I wasn’t caught there.”

He then made his way to the corner and sat on the empty seat. Jennie approached her but didn’t sit next to her. “Believe me, I can’t stand him being nosy,” she winked before walked towards Donghyuk and sat next to him.

Jieun was left clueless and turned her head to follow Jennie, “What do you mean?”

But, she didn’t need Jennie’s answer when she felt someone approached her. “Is this seat taken?” Mino was standing in front of her.

Jieun rolled her eyes, “Yes.”

A smirk appeared upon Mino’s face before he pushed Jieun and sat next to her.

“Hey!” Jieun protested. “It was sophomore’s bus!”

“I know,” Mino shrugged.

“Then why the hell are you here?” Jieun couldn’t hold her anger.

But, Mino thought it was so funny seeing her cursed and angry, “Don’t get mad at me, we have a date tonight.”

“What? Tonight? I’ve never said it will be tonight!”

“I don’t care. You agree that we’ll have a date, so I’ll pick you up at seven.” He leaned his head on Jieun’s shoulder. “Now, let me sleep.”

***

Mino got into the elevator that brings him to his apartment. Once the elevator stopped, he came out and walked towards the end of the hallway. He typed his password and opened the door, not really surprised that there was someone else inside.

"You should've called me, Jinwoo," said Mino as he dropped his car key on the cupboard next to the door.

"Actually, I am forced to be here," Jinwoo sighed.

Then, Mino realized that there was someone else in the kitchen.

"I am making a dinner," a woman's voice came from there.

"I am sorry," Jinwoo gave Mino an apologetic expression when a girl came out of the kitchen and kissed Mino on the cheek.

"I asked him to bring me in because you didn't answer my calls or texts," she said happily as she put the food on the dining table.

Mino just sighed, he was used to Jisoo being pushy and all so he ignored it. "I'll take a shower," he stated as he went to his room.

A few minutes later, Mino was getting dressed. He put on his jeans and a blue shirt as Jinwoo walked into the room.

"Where are you going?" Jinwoo asked.

"A date," Mino replied nonchalantly.

"Date? Or hunting?" Jinwoo furrowed his brows.

"Remember the nice girl? I think I finally got her," Mino smirked.

Jinwoo shook his head, "My words didn't came into you, huh?"

"I need to see her, bud," Mino said. Then he grabbed his wallet and walked out of the room. He found Jisoo who was setting the table for the dinner.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

But Mino didn't even look at her as he grabbed his key and left both Jinwoo and Jisoo behind.

***

The night had already fallen when Jieun had finished her works for the next day. She had to catch up with all of them since the MT and she didn't have time to finish them. But, a delay of few hours seemed help her on her works.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter