Fireworks

Bittersweet Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Professor! Professor!”


Jieun tried to outrace Professor Park after the class had dismissed. She knew that he could definitely hear her but he was pretending that he couldn’t. And when she realized that Professor Park’s steps getting faster, she ran and blocked his way.


“What is it, Miss Jieun?” asked the Professor innocently.


Jieun was so sure that she would’ve sworn at him if he wasn’t a Professor. “I am sorry but I’ve been meaning to tell you that I don’t think I can work with Mino on this project,” she declared. “Actually I can’t work with him in any project.”


“Oh,” Professor Park seemed indifferent with her words.


Jieun lifted her brows but nothing came out of his mouth. “Can I change my partner?”


“I don’t think that would be wise,” he said. “Everyone has already started their works I suppose.”


A groan left Jieun’s lips without even her realizing. When he divided the class into groups of two earlier, everyone was starting to change the seat with their own partners, except Jieun of course because Mino wasn’t there. He skipped the class, again. She started to think that Professor Park had purposely put her in the same group with Mino. She had left quite a remarkable first impression on the first day of his class. Not in a good way.


“Then, I can work alone,” Jieun insisted.


Professor Park gave her a cunning smile, “No. I can’t risk Mino to fail again on my class, I can’t teach him another semester.”


And then he left.

***

“You have to accept it,” Donghyuk stated.


“Or else, you can just drop the class and take it again next year,” Jennie shrugged.


Both Donghyuk and Jieun looked in disbelief by her words. No one could win against Jennie, they thought. “No, don’t listen to her. She’s insane,” Donghyuk shook his head.


Jieun sighed. Jennie was clueless about Mino dropped her days before because she only told Donghyuk. So, she couldn’t really blame Jennie for her careless words.


“Okay, it’s no big deal anyway,” Jieun lied.


Donghyuk nodded. “Just try to act cool, you know? And call him, tell him, but make sure you talk like you don’t really care at all.”


Jennie agreed, “Like you said, it’s no big deal.”


“Okay,” said Jieun as she stood up from her seat and walked out of the nosy crowd.


It took a while before Mino finally picked up the phone. “Who’s this?”


His husky voice welcomed Jieun’s ear, indicating that the person had just woken up. Jieun couldn’t believe that he’d been sleeping though it was already noon. But again, she realized that it was Mino after all, a party person.


“Hey, it’s me,” Jieun said.


There was a pause on the other side. “Oh,” Mino said clueless. “Are you the girl form last night? Did I give you my number?”


Jieun was dumbfounded. Of course he was that kind of a guy, she thought. He asked her out few days before, yet he had already ‘met’ another girl. She had been such a fool the past few days for thinking that Mino was after her.


Jieun tried to clear her mind and said, “It’s Woo Jieun. We’re attending Professor Park’s class, if you remember.”


Again, another pause on the other side.


“To who exactly should I be thankful for giving you my number?” Mino chuckled.


Jieun rolled her eyes. “Looks like everyone knows your number.”


“I don’t know I am that popular,” he replied.


“I don’t know either. Also, I think I was the one who doesn’t have your number,” Jieun admitted.


Mino snorted. “I have your number though.”


“How?” Jieun was surprised because she didn’t give her number to anyone. But, then she realized that they were arguing over something unimportant. She had to make it quick and tell him about her intention was.


“Uh, no matter,” she said. “I’ve been meaning to tell you that we surprisingly have to work together on Professor Park’s project.”


“I’ve never thought I would thank him one day,” Mino replied.


Jieun tried not to be carried away by his sweet talk—which she knew he had said to bunch of girls—and back to the point. “Anyway, we can start the work next week because I have MT stuff this weekend.”


And before Mino had any chance to talk more, Jieun had already hung up the phone.

 

***

 

Later at the night, when Jieun had just taken a shower, Jennie knocked on her door. She said that she heard the boys were up to something without telling them both. Jieun was sure that it was just boys’ stuff but Jennie didn’t like to feel left out. So, moments later, they both were on their way to Hanbin’s home.


“I know they’re hiding something,” Jennie said as she pulled over on the driveway.


She walked out of the car and Jieun followed. “And how did you know that they’re here anyway?” Asked Jieun.


“Come on,” Jennie groaned. “Hanbin must be the one behind it.”


She was right. There was no prank without Kim Hanbin. He was full of that things that no one would ever think about. Jieun had not known him for years but she knew how many troubles the boy could cause. It was like a kid trapped somewhere in his body.


Jennie led the way, passed the house and into the backyard where a pool house was standing tall. Jieun was surprised that Jennie knew the way but then she realized that Jennie and Hanbin was in the same high school before. No wonder if she ever been there before.


“Boys, open the door!” Jennie shouted as she knocked on the door. There was no answer but Jieun knew there was someone inside.


“Hanbin, you want me to call your parents?” She yelled.


Jennie’s magical words successfully made the door open and Hanbin was standing there. “Girls are not allowed today,” he announced.


But, Jennie didn’t care as she brushed him aside and walk into the pool-house. Jieun followed her but Hanbin blocked her way. “Swear to me that you’ll never tell anyone about everything you see inside,” he stared at Jieun sharply.


“You have my words,” Jieun shrugged and then brushed him aside.


But, what was in front of Jieun at the time had made her in a surprise look. There, stood a lot of fireworks like a mountain. She gasped and turned her face to Bobby and Donghyuk who was stuffing them into a big trunk.


On the other side, Jennie easily sat on the couch and watched them. “You’re gonna need a bigger trunk,” she said nonchalantly.


“We got another one here,” said Hanbin as he knocked another trunk.


Jieun cleared . “No fireworks allowed because we’ll all drunk at the night and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter