The Little Party

Bittersweet Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did you just say that the Cassanova of our school drove you home?”

Donghyuk raised his voice as Jieun finished her talk about what happened the day before. She was holding a party to celebrate her living alone at her first apartment. It had been her dream to have her own house so she decided to throw a little party with her new friends.

“Yes,” Jieun nodded. “But, don’t tell anyone about it. Jennie will kill me if she finds out.”

Donghyuk sighed. He helped Jieun to do the grocery earlier at the day so he was the only one who had already been in her place. “Why did you let him drive you in the first place?”

“Well, it’s a little bit complicated,” Jieun shrugged. “But, there’s this guy I want to avoid, so I used Mino to get out of him.”

“Wow, didn’t know you’re such a girl,” Donghyuk laughed. “And who exactly this poor guy?”

Jieun rolled her eyes. “He was my fiancé.”

Donghyuk was almost chocked with his drink as she said that. “Girl, you shouldn’t say anything worth full attention when I am about to drink or eat anything,” Donghyuk wiped the liquid on his mouth.

“Sorry,” Jieun chuckled as she handed him tissue. “It’s just an old story,” she added.

“Really?” Donghyuk stared at her intensely. “Because I think there’s still something, isn’t it?”

Jieun was hesitated whether she should tell Donghyuk or not when the knock on the front door distracted her.

“What a good timing,” Donghyuk hissed sarcastically.

Jieun scoffed and walked to the door. Jennie, Hanbin and Bobby was standing in front of her with an idiot smile all over their faces.

“Present for you,” Bobby handed Jieun a big toilet tissues before he walked passed her into the house.

“Typical house for a girl like you,” Jennie smiled as she handed me a big teddy bear. “As I expected it suits the house,” she said proudly and followed Bobby inside.

But, Kim Hanbin was just standing there. “As a good friend of yours, I know this will help,” he said as he handed me two package of canned beer. Then, he made his way passed her and into the house.

Jieun had never really held a party before since her brother would definitely against it. So, she was so glad that the party was going well and unexpectedly fun. Bobby and Donghyuk was such a rare item and they frequently had a lot of quarrels over little things. In the other side, Hanbin was unexpectedly has a low tolerant of alcohol. He was already wasted on his third can of beer.

“What a moron,” Jennie hissed to Hanbin.

“I am glad that I am better than him,” Jieun replied proudly. She wasn’t good at drinking but thanks to God that He created poor Hanbin.

Bobby and Donghyuk was arguing whether they should watch football or movie.

Jennie shook her head. “Why did we stuck among these dorks,” she sighed.

“You’re the one who brought them,” Jieun shrugged and Jennie frowned.

“Enough with them,” she waved her hand. “Let’s talk about your love-life that I am being curious about.”

Jieun didn’t expect that as she was almost chocked. “What?”

A chuckle left Jennie’s lips. “Did you date?”

“Oh,” Jieun seemed taken aback. “I did, once,” she admitted.

“What?” Jennie cried. “Are you being serious?”

Jieun nodded.

“Well, better get yourself some from now on,” she winked.

“How about you?” Jieun asked.

“I don’t know, a lot. But there was none of them getting me in love with the,” she replied.

Jieun furrowed her brows. “Then why did you date them if you weren’t in love with them?”

Jennie chuckled. “Oh, honey. You can date everyone whether you love them or not.”

“Don’t teach our innocent one, Jennie,” shouted Bobby. “One is enough.”

“And one of your kind is more than enough,” Donghyuk chimed in.

“He’s right, Bobby,” Jennie snorted.

Then they were having a big quarrel when a knock on the door distracted Jieun. Left the cat-fight behind her, she walked towards the front door and opened it. The one who was standing in front of her was the last person she wanted to be there at the time.

“Hey,” a deep voice met her ears.

“What are you doing here, Mino?” Jieun said in a low voice so that no one could hear her.

“Looks like you’re having some companies,” he smiled.

“Who’s that, Jieun?” Jennie shouted from the inside.

“It’s the security, he needs me to fill some forms,” Jieun decided to lie as she quickly wore her flip-flops. “I’ll be right back.”

Jieun squeezed through the door and pushed Mino out of the door as she closed it. “Come on, let’s talk somewhere else,” she said as she led the way to the rooftop of the building.

Once they arrived there, Jieun realized that it was such a bad idea to wear only flip-flops since the weather was so cold. She decided to make it quick and back to her warm apartment.

“What do you want?” Jieun asked to the point.

“The security, huh?” Mino snorted.

Jieun rolled her eyes. “I am sorry, okay? But I wasn’t expecting your presence.”

“Having a little party?” He asked.

Jieun nodded. “So, what is it, Mino?”

“Nothing,” he shrugged. “I just want to say hi,” he smirked.

Jieun was sure that if only she didn’t owe him, she could’ve just left him alone. But, damn the debt. She was sure Mino was the kind of men who would take the most of it. So, she just sighed and shook her head.

“You know that you’re so upsetting, right?” another sigh left her lips and it brought a smile upon Mino’s face. He surely was pleased by her reaction.

“Aren’t you cold?” He asked instead.

Jieun wanted to say ‘yes’ and tell him that it was him in the first place who put her out there with only slipper and her shirt. But, she just held it up and stared at the guy infront of him. She knew that he was just playing with her.

“Let’s have a date,” he exclaimed.

Jieun wasn’t expecting it as she looked at Mino in disbelief. She knew that Mino was the player people are talking about, but she didn’t know that he was such a straightforward guy. On top of that, she couldn’t find the reason of him being so towards her. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter