Chapter 1

Black and White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This isn’t fair!”

Taekwoon gritted his teeth as he briskly walked down the narrow street. It was a silent night, the darkness barely lit with only a few street lamps. Normally he would never go out at this time of the night but because of the events that happened a mere hour ago, he just knew that he had to leave the house immediately.

As Taekwoon walked further and further away from his house, he spotted a ledge where he could rest for a bit. He had been wandering around for an hour after all, making sure that his family’s bodyguards wouldn’t notice his escape. The young man sat down, defeated, and gave a big sigh. He realized now that this was a bad idea. He may had packed money and food but it was only going to last him about a week at most—not including shelter and other miscellaneous fees. He also couldn’t exactly go find work because he knew his father would be looking for him everywhere. 

He would’ve asked his friends for help, maybe Hakyeon or Hongbin, but he didn’t want to bother them with his problems, especially at this hour. 

“What will I do now?” Taekwoon ran his fingers through his hair in frustration and gave another sigh. It’s too late to go back now. His mind shifted back to an hour ago, before his current crisis. 

“You’re already 24 years old, son, yet you still don’t have a girlfriend. If I don’t intervene now who knows when I’ll get to see my grandchildren!” His father slammed the dinner table with his fist, ignoring the frightened looks of his wife and young daughters. 

“B-but father…!”

“You will not give me any excuses, Taekwoon! Either you marry now or I will cut off all ties with you this instant. I will not have you disgrace my family again.” 

His father gave him a look full of hatred. Taekwoon knew that nothing he said would ever get through this man. If he wasn’t able to change his mind back then, how would he be able to convince him now? Taekwoon not knowing what to say to his father, bowed his head and avoided any more eye contact with the elder man. 

Everything that happened after was a blur. Taekwoon went up to his room, packed his things, made sure that the guards weren’t around the area, and left through the window. 

“It’s okay, Taekwoon…it’s okay. You’ll figure this out.”

Taekwoon decided that he had enough rest and stood up once more to continue his search.

“For now, I just need to find a place to stay in for the meantime.”

He walked further, looking left and right at each step, cautious of anyone that may look like one of his bodyguards. At the moment, Taekwoon was currently near an empty parking lot of a…warehouse it seemed like. Taekwoon took out his phone to chec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter