The weirdness never stops. (Felix POV)

Boss, don't play around!

"As if this day hadn't started bad enough, no, it's getting worse.", I mumbled as I watched Daniel and Jisung get into the elevator together. But this was very convenient for me, because it gave me the opportunity to visit Chan and Woojin. Fortunately, Chan had his office at the other end of the corridor, so I was quickly at his office. First, I went to Woojin's desk. For a short amount of time, he didn't notice me, so I cleared my throat. I had gotten his attention and he looked at me surprised. "Felix, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be working?", he asked me now, while he looked at me briefly. "Did something happen? You look so miserable.”, Woojin now said a little frightened. "Is Chan Hyung there? I have to talk to both of you.”, I said sighing and looked at him hopefully. "Ehm, yes he is here. Come with me.”, the older one told me and stood up from his seat. Together we went to Chan's office and knocked. "Yes, come in.", we heard the voice of Chan and then entered his office. "Hyung, Felix wanted to talk to us.", Woojin announced to the elder as I closed the door behind me. "Oh, okay. What's it all about?", Chan asked and indicated that we should take a seat on his couch, which he had in the office. Quickly we sat down and the two looked at me expectantly. "We explained the whole situation during the break to Jihoon and Minhyun and discussed how to go on... Well and I had really calmed down and come to terms with everything... But Daniel doesn't make it easy for me.", I announced a bit frustrated. I could imagine that my friends were already annoyed by this topic, but I didn't know how to help myself but to seek advice from them.

"What do you mean? What did Daniel do?”, Woojin now wanted to know. "Changbin Hyung and Daniel have decided that I should go on a business trip with them. Daniel is responsible for our foreign customers and he will be flying to a new customer in 2 days. This customer is based in Sydney and my two superiors decided that I should fly with him because I speak English fluently, come from there and know our products well. I understand why they made this decision and I think it makes sense... But I don't want to go with him. Of course, it's nice to be home again, but with him of all people.", I explained my situation frustrated. "And as if that wasn't enough punishment already, no! Daniel booked a room in a hotel on the client's recommendation, but they only had one double room left. In other words, we will share a room and a bed during this trip.", I ended my speech indignantly. "Well, it's not the first time that you share the room and the bed.", Woojin smiled, which is why I look at him angrily. "Not funny.", I almost growled. "Relax Felix, he doesn't mean it that way. Even if he's right.", Chan now agreed with his assistant, which is why I rolled my eyes. "Hyung... It's punishment enough that I have to move into the space in-between now and will see both Changbin Hyung and Daniel every day. I wanted to avoid Daniel as much as possible and for good reason. He just can't stop flirting with me! How am I supposed to concentrate on my work?! But now… going on a business trip with Daniel for 5 days... doesn't make anything any easier.", I sighed and looked down. It's not that I hate Daniel, but I didn't want to think about our One Night Stand. I wanted to forget him so that our cooperation wouldn't suffer. Besides, I didn't want Changbin to hear about all this. "Felix, unfortunately we can't help you. As you yourself have said, this is the best decision. No one would be as helpful as you are in this case.", Chan said apologetically. "But is there really no other way?”, I asked in a low voice. "Unfortunately, no. But don't worry too much about it. You are on a business trip and you have a lot of appointments, so he will hardly have time to bother you somehow. We also know that you can defend yourself if he gets too close. So, relax and enjoy your home town.”, Woojin tried to cheer me up. "So, there is really nothing else for me to do?", I gave up and leaned on Woojin. "Unfortunately, no. But now tell us what happened after lunch.", Woojin said in a soft voice and put his arm around my shoulders. I explained in detail to the two elders what I had experienced and how it made me feel. Unfortunately, they couldn't give me any real advice, but just by listening they already helped me.

 

A knock on the door surprised us all and we looked there. "Come in.", Chan shouted and slowly the door opened. "Hello Hyung, is Felix with you?", Changbin asked in a low voice before he looked around the room. "Felix, please follow me. I have to talk to you in private.", came his cold voice as his gaze remained on me. I swallowed heavily before I got up and said goodbye to Chan and Woojin before I followed Changbin. Nervousness rose in me as I wondered what he probably wanted from me. With a bad feeling I followed him across the corridor and into his office. As soon as I entered the room, he closed the door and went to his desk and leaned against it. "What is Hyung?", I asked uncertainly and looked at him. "I send you home for today. Go home and pack your suitcase. I don't want you to forget anything when you're flying home.", Changbin said and his pitch told me something was bothering him. "Oh no, you don't have to send me home. I can still pack after work and even if I forget something, I'm from Sydney, I know where I can get everything.", I tried to calm him down and smiled. "No, I want you to go home after this conversation.", he said, and I knew there was no room for counterarguments. I sighed briefly before nodding. "All right, if you want it that way.”, I said and already turned around. "Then I'll go.”, I said and began to go to the door. I heard quick steps before I felt Changbin's hand on my shoulder. "Please take care Lix. I want you to come back safe. Try not to get into trouble with Daniel, but don't let him or anyone make a fool of you. You know how to defend yourself, I trust you.", I could hear his deep voice and feel his breath scurrying over my ear, which gave me goose bumps. For a moment I closed my eyes and tried to process the whole situation.

A few minutes passed in which we just stood there, and nobody said anything. But then I turned around carefully and looked Changbin deep into the eyes. "Changbin... Could it be... That you are jealous?", I asked uncertainly. I looked attentively at his face. I could see the redness rising a little into his cheeks, his eyes widening briefly before he looked away and folded his arms in front of his chest. "Why should I be jealous?", he countered and from his vocal pitch I could guess that I was right with my statement why I had to smile. "Changbin, I know you well enough. You're really jealous of Kang Daniel.", I noticed, and immediately the older guy looked at me, his gaze holding a lot of emotion. "All right, I'm jealous. But how could I not be?! Lix, the way he dealt with you this morning, how close he was to you, the way he flirted with you when you moved into your new office...", the black haired one started a bit angry. "I don't know what he is thinking. But I don't like the way he treats you.”, I could hear that Changbin still had feelings for me, I heard it clearly in his voice. His fear, his anger and also his uncertainty was more than obvious. I knew Changbin better than anyone else here. He was not only my boss, one of my closest friends, but we also had been a couple for a long time. That's why in most cases I knew what was going on in him. "Hyung, I'm sorry...", I said in a low voice, I meant so much more than just the situation today. I had separated from Changbin a year ago, I didn't want any rumours to be there about us at work or for our work to be affected. It was hard for me to take this step because my feelings for Changbin were still present. Getting this reaction from him now showed me that he still had feelings for me. Our friends knew about this situation, of course, but no one mentioned it because we handled it professionally and separated private and business things. "Don't worry, I will take care of myself.", I said to reassure him. "I don't like the whole situation...", Changbin mumbled quietly and I was sure it wasn't meant for my ears.

 

"It's really no problem for me to keep working. We are not flying until Saturday evening. So, I can pack tomorrow or Saturday morning.", I tried to distract him from the topic and looked hopefully at Changbin. "No Lix. I have decided that you will be exempted, and it will stay that way.", he said steadfastly. "Oh Hyung, please. I don't need 2 days to pack... If I go home today and pack, then I can come back to work tomorrow. Promise? At least I still must make a handover for when I'm gone.”, I asked the older one with big eyes and I knew he couldn't resist that look. "All right. You can come back to work tomorrow.", Changbin admitted defeated. "Thank you Hyung.", I said grinning and embraced him. "Then I will see you tomorrow. Good luck and don't let it get you down.", I said happily as I released the embrace. "Don't worry, I won't. Until tomorrow Lix.", he smiled at me. With a good feeling I left his office and went to my workplace to pack my things. As soon as I had my things together, I went to Chan and Woojin again. Woojin sat in his place as before, but this time Chan stood next to him and clarified something with him. "Hey Woojin, hey Chan. I just wanted to let you know that Changbin has given me a day off to pack my bags. But tomorrow I'll come back and have a look at everything and do the handover.", I informed them. Somewhat surprised they looked at me, but after a few seconds Chan looked at me knowing. "Binnie is impossible...", he said shaking his head. "Then good luck and see you tomorrow Felix.", they said smiling. "See you tomorrow.", I said with a smile and then went to the elevator and waited for it. When the elevator door opened and I wanted to get in, I met Jisung and Daniel, who probably just came out of their break and looked at me in surprise. "Oh Felix. Are you on your way somewhere?", Jisung asked me curiously. "Yes Hyung, I am on my way home. Changbin Hyung gave me a day off for today.", I said smiling. "Changbin did what?", Daniel asked in surprise. "I was given a day off. Didn't he tell you?", I asked my superior irritated. Why should Changbin not discuss such a decision with Daniel? Had his jealousy made him act on impulse? "Should I stay?”, I asked uncertainly. "No, it's okay Felix. Go home. See you tomorrow.", Daniel said politely and made room for me. "See you both tomorrow.", I said friendly and went into the elevator. Before the door closed, I could still see Jisung's questioning look in Daniel's direction and his shoulder shrug.

It didn't take me too long to get home. Since I could go home at a rather unusual time, I didn't get into rush hour for once. As soon as I entered my hallway and closed the front door behind me, I took off my shoes. Then I went into my bedroom and put my cell phone and wallet on the bedside table. After that I started ing Daniel's shirt. While I put the shirt on my bed, my thoughts wandered. The whole day had been very eventful, and I hadn't really worked it all out yet. I carefully put the shirt on my bed before putting on my T-Shirt, which I wore to sleep. Then I quickly took off Daniel's trousers and exchanged them for a comfortable pair of sweatpants. When this was done, I took his things and went to the extra room where my washing machine and dryer were. As I had learned from my mother, I sorted Daniel's clothes and my dirty laundry by colour. Then I the first machine. As soon as the machine was running, I made my way back to the bedroom and fetched my suitcase from the back corner of the room. I put the suitcase next to my bed before I took a pen and a sheet of paper on which I wrote down everything I needed for the trip to Sydney.

 

When I had packed everything that could already be packed, I settled down on my couch exhausted. Suddenly my phone rang and informed me, that I got a message. I reached for my mobile phone to see who had messaged me. The number was unknown to me, which additionally confused me. "Good evening, sunshine. Before you ask yourself where I got your number from, Chan was kind enough to give me your number. I will work from home tomorrow and not be in the office. That's why I wanted to tell you that we must get to the counter at the airport at 3pm to check in our luggage. I will pick you up by car at 1:45 pm. So we don't run the risk of not finding each other and coming late. But now I wish you a good night. See you later, Daniel.", I read this message several times and then sighed quietly.

With exhausted muscles I pulled myself together and went to the bathroom. After getting ready for bed, I went into my bedroom and went to bed. I spent some minutes with reviewing the whole day and thinking about it. A lot had happened today. The fact that Daniel wouldn't be in the office tomorrow gave me hope that it would be a little calmer tomorrow. However, I was sure that I would have some explaining to do tomorrow. Chan, Woojin, Jihoon, Jisung and my other friends would surely want to hear a detailed report from me tomorrow. I couldn't even blame them. It would be the same for me if I were in their place. I quickly set my alarm clock before lying down and closing my eyes. However, it took a long time until I had really fallen asleep, my feelings went crazy. I was exhausted from today, was glad that my friends were behind me, was curious how things would work out tomorrow and was nervous and excited about how the trip to Sydney would be.