Of bad decisions and crazy mornings. (Felix POV)

Boss, don't play around!

„ije shijagiya it’s time to light

nae ane jamdeuldeon geu bicheul kkaewo

i stage wi neowa naye gil shigani dwaesseo

ja modu ireona

Burn it up! Ooh

We burned in white (hwalhwal)

Burn it up! Ooh

We’re burnin’ white (hwalhwal)

taewo“

 

The ringtone of my phone tore me from my deep sleep, making me grumble and outstretch my hand to look for my phone half blind. When I finally held the device in my hand, I took the call directly, my sleepy brain hadn’t thought about checking who the caller is. "Finally, Felix! I’m trying to reach for the longest time now. Where are you?! ", Jihoon's voice sounded a bit too loud for my liking. "Park Jihoon, please do not scream like that. Besides ... what are you talking about where I am?", I asked as I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes with my free hand. "I knew I shouldn’t have let you go to the party with Chan and Woojin alone.", a sigh accompanied this statement. I slightly rolled my eyes before looking around. To realize that I was not waking up in my own bed, let alone in my own apartment shocked me. Fortunately, I had quick reflexes, otherwise my mobile phone would have been lying on the floor right this moment. "You definitely should have stopped me from going to party with the two crazy ones, damn it!", I said, angry at myself, that I had apparently let myself go the night prior. "Then I wouldn’t have woken up in a stranger’s apartment!", panic gradually developed inside of me.

"Felix don’t tell me ... Oh God, I'll never leave you alone in a club with those idiots!", I could almost hear Jihoon's hand slapping against his forehead. "Jihoon, what time is it?", I asked him as I searched the unknown bedroom for my clothes from last night. "It's 07:45 a.m. and you have to be here at 08:30 a.m. Do you think that you can do that? Or should I tell Changbin that you ... ", the older one started. "No! I'll be on time!", I shouted in panic as I lay down on the bed in frustration. "Well, I will take your word for it... But just in case, I'll come up with a little lie. See you later, Lix.", were the last words before Jihoon hung up. Sighing, I put my phone on the nightstand before I discovered a note. Curious, I picked up the piece of paper and began to read.

 

"Good Morning Sunshine.

Unfortunately, the duty calls. After all, money doesn’t grow on trees. That's why I can’t be here when you wake up, even though I would love to enjoy your company some more.

Since your clothes stank of smoke and alcohol, I granted myself the right to wash them. But the laundry will probably not be dry when you get up, which is why I put out some of my clothes for you. They may be a little too big on you, but better than walking around .

I wish you a nice workday, your Daniel."

 

"Nice workday my ," I grumbled before putting the note aside and getting up once again. The clothes were on the bedside table on the other side of the bed. With quick steps I rounded the bed and began to dress. "Thank God I had a shower last night, after the ... activities.", I thought sheepishly as I dressed.

As soon as I got dressed and put my mobile phone into the pocket of the borrowed trousers, I walked across the room and stood in front of the closet that had a large mirror attached to the door. I have rolled up the sleeves of the dark blue shirt, otherwise they would have been too long for me, and I also have left open the top three buttons. I also tucked the shirt into my pants, I didn’t want it to look like a dress due to how long it was on me. The black jeans, which probably looked like skinny jeans on their actual owner, sat comfortably on my legs. I couldn’t really complain about the taste for clothing of my nightly company, the only flaw in the things was the size. But you can’t have everything, so I shook my head briefly, before I left the bedroom and hurried to the bathroom.

 

After quickly combing my hair and fixing it with some hairspray so that they would not always fall into my face, I went into the long hallway. Once there, I put on my shoes firstly, thank God they did not completely ruin the outfit, before I grabbed my wallet and my keys, which I had dropped there the night before. One last time I checked that I had everything before I left the apartment. A glance at the clock told me that I had not lost too much time luckily.

Fortunately, my nightly company did not live too far away from the complex of buildings where our business premises were located. Accordingly, at 8:25 a.m., I was already at work and went straight to the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee. Because without coffee, I wouldn’t survive today, or a few of my colleagues wouldn’t survive the day painfree. I like my colleagues, they are my friends after all, but they can also be very exhausting.

 

"Woah Felix, I didn’t think you would really be on time.", Woojin's voice flowed into my ears as soon as I entered the kitchen. "Park Woojin, can’t you wait until I had my first coffee?", I asked him irritated as I walk to the coffee machine. "Oh, our Sunny Boy is in a bad mood. Then we should be careful.", Chan announced teasingly. "Very funny Chan.", I grumbled as I took a cup out of the cupboard above the coffee machine and then made myself a coffee on the said machine. "Hey Felix, we're just kidding, now don’t be a party pooper. Did you not sleep well?", Woojin said again. "He certainly did a lot, but sleeping was not on his to do list. At least if you believe his looks.", Chan smirked, clearly referring to the foreign clothing. "You know, I can hear you just fine?", I reminded the two elders. "That's right, the clothes are unique. Felix certainly didn’t sleep in his own bed last night.", Woojin now smirked, resting his gaze on me. With every word the two said, I felt my frustration and anger rise. "Not only his clothes suggest that. Don’t you see the red and purple marks on his skin?", Chan teased, and I could feel the eyes of my two colleagues flitting over my neck. Slowly I had enough, which made me slam my hand loudly on the countertop and both Woojin and Chan looked at me startled.

 

"Damn it, get yourselves together! It's your fault! Yours, Jihoon’s and Changbin's!", I began to yell out my frustration. "I should have known you two would leave me alone at some point, you always do that when we go out to party. So, it was clear that I was going to be alone sometime sooner or later. That's why it's your fault! And Jihoon and Changbin are also to blame. Usually they are always there to keep me company. Had they been there yesterday, I certainly wouldn’t have so much drinks. Damn why am I even friends with you?", I exclaimed indignantly and looked at the two in frustration. "Ehm, Felix ... Maybe you should ...", Woojin began in a lower voice and continued to look in my direction. "No, I'm not finished Hyung! I should never have gone with you! If I had simply stayed at home, I wouldn’t have had so many drinks yesterday, wouldn’t have danced with strangers, wouldn’t have overslept, wouldn’t have woken up in a strangers apartment this morning, wouldn’t have had to be awakened by Jihoon, wouldn’t be in trouble to be on time, could have put on my own clothes and definitely would have a better mood now!", I finished my speech loudly and took a deep breath in and out. Such an emotional outburst is very unfamiliar to me, so I closed my eyes and took another deep breath, not wanting to show my friends what an emotional mess I am right now.

"Wow, Felix. A good morning to you too. Did you get up on the wrong foot?", Changbin's voice suddenly flowed into my ears. The teasing sound was not to be ignored in his voice. "Super timing, boss.", I said sarcastically. "Let me guess, you've heard my outburst completely? Then do me a favour and leave me alone. I'm not in the mood for any games or flirting.", I almost growled and turned around hastily, wanting to make it clear to Changbin that I was not in the best of moods. But before I could tell him more of my mind, I noticed another person standing right next to Changbin. Curious, I studied the new person. A young man, with ash-grey hair, a rather oval face with striking features, fascinating eyes, full lips, broad shoulders, an obviously toned body and with probably 1.80 meters the perfect size. When I realized that I knew the newcomer, I froze in shock. I didn’t think I would see him again and more over not so soon. For that reason, I rubbed my eyes, but it didn’t change the fact that he really stood in front of me. Kang Daniel, the man I had spent the last night with. The man whose clothes I was wearing right now and whose mouth had left its marks on my skin. Suddenly all the words were missing, I felt the heat rising in my cheeks and I would have liked the earth to open up and swallow me.

 

"Felix, I didn’t mean it in a bad way. I know that you are always very punctual and conscientious. What you do with whoever in your free time is up to you. I only knew that you were celebrating with the others yesterday and I was sure you would come in later today.", Changbin's voice rang inside the kitchen and my Hyung sounded apologetic, with an undertone that revealed how confused he was because of my reaction. Sighing, I looked down. I didn’t want to look at neither Changbin, nor Daniel. "It would have been your job to welcome our newcomer and show him around. But I thought that you would come in later today, so I asked Jihoon if he could take on this task.", my Hyung reminds me and I got a bad conscience already. "I'm sorry Hyung ...", I said a bit depressed, I never like it when I don’t do my job right. "It’s ok, don’t worry. But now I want to introduce you to my companion. Felix, this is Kang Daniel. He is our new partner here at Stray One and he will assist us in the legal matters. Accordingly, from now on you will not only work for me, but also for Daniel.", Changbin informed me and I looked at him in shock. "I will what ...?", I started, but the black-haired interrupted me. "Daniel, this is Lee Felix. He has been working here for a few years and is always very reliable.", Changbin introduced us, so I cautiously looked to Daniel. "Hello Felix, haven’t we seen each other before?", Daniel smirked, before he comes to me with confident steps. My instinct screamed for me to leave and step away from him, but my pride and the others present didn’t allow it. With a slightly anxious look, I watch him until he stopped only a few millimetres in front of me. He bent his face down a little so that he could whisper in my ear: "Luck must be on my side. I didn’t expect to see you again so soon my sunshine. It will be my pleasure to work with you.", his voice was lewd and deeper than I remembered from yesterday. I swallowed hard as his hands went to my shirt collar and he pulls on it until the shirt sits the way he wants it to. It was hard work for me to suppress the thoughts and memory of the previous night and not to give myself to them. "I like the sight of you in my clothes. It is a very pleasant sight.", were his last words before he broke the contact between us and steps away from me. Embarrassed, I took a step back from him and looked over to Woojin, Changbin and Chan, hoping that they hadn’t heard Daniel's words. The facial expressions of my friends told me that they were surprised by Daniel's behaviour, but they said nothing. At least for this moment.

"I think we should let Felix arrive in peace and let him have his coffee first, don’t you think so too, Changbin?", Daniel smiles at him. "You're right. Then let's go. Felix, please come to my office in half an hour, then we'll discuss what's going to happen in the future, now that you're going to work for Daniel and me.", the black-haired man announced and I couldn’t interpret the tone of his voice before he turned around and wanted to go. Nice as he is, he opened the door for Daniel. "See you later. Oh and Felix, next time you might want to cover up your love bites with concealer or foundation. Or button the shirt a bit more. Unless you want everyone else to piss you off with questions or strange looks.", my new boss gave me the tip with a sardonic grin before turning around and leaving the room with Changbin.

 

Incredulous, I watched the two go. I wasn’t able to process what had just happened. Only when someone patted my shoulder did I shake my head slightly and turn around. "Take this Felix, you need it now.", Chan said in a soft voice, before he handed me my finished coffee. "Sit down first.", Woojin said, before he thoughtfully put his hand on my back and gently pushed me to one of the chairs. Sighing, I sat down and took a sip of my coffee, before I looked up to Chan and Woojin, who sat down opposite me. "The whole situation was a bit strange. Daniel's behaviour was strange.", Woojin started before he looked at Chan. "Yes, you are right. Felix ... Do you want to tell us what that was about?", Chan spoke now, and I knew from his voice that he was worried about me and wanted to help me. Sighing, I looked down into my coffee cup and took another sip before I looked back at them. "You have to promise me that you will keep this for yourself. No one is allowed to know anything about it ... ", I almost begged the two. "You can trust us, we just want to help you and won’t tell anyone.", Woojin soothed me and I nodded thankfully. "Okay, let me tell you what happened.", I announced, before telling them what had happened from last night until just before.

 

"So to sum it up, YOU danced and flirted with some people on the dance floor last night, including Kang Daniel. Then the whole thing got heated and you went home with him, where you slept together, and this is the reason why you overslept this morning. He is also the one who left all the love bites on you and you didn’t know that he would be your new superior. The same superior who just flirted with you in front of Changbin, Woojin, and me.", Chan said, and I knew he needed some time to process all this information. I nodded shyly while drinking my coffee. Slowly I got up and put my now empty cup in the dishwasher. "What should I do now Hyung?", I asked desperately and looked at Chan and Woojin with big eyes. "First of all, you should go to Changbin, the 30 minutes are almost over, and he will be waiting for you. Don’t show it to them, that something isn’t right and do everything as usual.", Woojin started after looking at his watch. "Chan Hyung and I are going to come up with something. We will help you.", he assured me and smiled encouragingly. "Thank you, you are really great friends.", I said cheerfully, finally I saw a bright light at the end of the tunnel. "We meet at lunch in the canteen. I will bring Jihoon and Minhyun along. The two of them will certainly be able to help us as well.", Chan announced as he and Woojin also got up. "Thank you. See you later.", I said smiling, hugging them. "See you later, Felix." the two of them said smiling before we broke our embrace and I headed to Changbin's office. I knew today would not be easy, but I had regained my courage and was sure that everything would be fine in the end. However, I would have to apologize to Changbin first. My behaviour towards him was not justified. After all, he was one of my best friends, my Hyung and also my supervisor. That's why I took a deep breath before knocking on his door. "Come in.", I soon heard his voice. I opened the door slowly and entered the room. "You wanted to talk to me Hyung?", I asked, before closing the door behind me. "Exactly, Daniel and I wanted to discuss the new daily routine with you.", Changbin told me, pointing to a chair at his desk. Nodding, I went to the chair and sat down. Only briefly I looked to the place next to Changbin, on which Daniel sat. "Why does the karma set up a trap again and again for me?", I mused, before mentally preparing for the conversation.