A whole new point of view. (Daniel POV)

Boss, don't play around!

Hey guys ;)
Long time no see. Sorry that the first update took us so long to upload.
But finally it is here :D
So we hope that you like it and thank you all for your great response to the first chapter <3
Have fun to read the next part and if you liked the chapter, don't be shy and leave us a comment and tell us what you think.
Best wishes and a nice week from the autors ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first day of work could certainly be described as eventful, without a doubt. Moreover, the day certainly went on in a different way, then I had expected. Firstly, the big surprise that I found my nightly companion named Felix faster than expected. Never had I contemplated that my nightly company would suddenly become my work colleague in a city as big as Seoul. And the fact that Felix and I knew each other better than most would think, makes the whole situation more complicated than expected. As if that did not cause enough confusion for all persons involved, no. There seemed to be a rival, too. What I didn’t realize before, was the fact that my colleague Seo Changbin seemed to keep an eye on Felix. His jealous look after the incident back in the kitchen, where I had come closer to Felix than it was normal for an unexpected first meeting, was more than obvious.

But before I could even think about it more, the door to Changbin’s office opened and Felix entered the room. "You wanted to talk to me Hyung?", I heard the uncertainty in his voice from Felix’s question. "Exactly. Daniel and I wanted to discuss the new everyday work routine with you.", Changbin explained and pointed to a chair at his desk. As Felix approached the chair his gaze slid briefly to me and I could feel how uncomfortable he was feeling in this moment and because of the whole matter. The tense atmosphere in the room could clearly be felt.


As Felix sat down in front of the desk, Changbin began to explain how to proceed now. "Well Felix, as you know, Daniel Hyung has come to our company to support me.", Changbin began to explain and Felix nodded in agreement. Again, his gaze briefly slid to me. "And as you know, our orders are getting better and better and my thought was that we could hire someone to handle our overseas activities for us.", Changbin continued. "And this person will be Kang Daniel Hyung?", Felix had quickly added one and one together. "Correct. In the future, Daniel Hyung will handle our overseas assignments and be on-site for any questions.", Changbin answered Felix's question. I could immediately see question marks in Felix’s eyes about what the whole thing had to do with him now. "And how can I help with this, Hyung?", Felix asked cautiously, looking back and forth between Changbin and me. "Our thought was that you will support Daniel Hyung with your knowledge of our products. In addition, you know some of our clients very well and know their characteristics, so you will be able to help Daniel well here and abroad.", Changbin told Felix, what we had both planned and then looked towards me. I smiled briefly at him before I spoke. "I think that you can be really helpful. I mean, I can communicate well with clients because of my English, but I still do not have the knowledge of all the products and customers like you.", I admitted openly and looked at Felix with a smile, hoping he also thought it was a good idea. But Felix immediately turned his eyes away from me and looked almost scared to Changbin. "But why me? Woojin or Chan Hyung do know the products and our customers as well as I do.", Felix remarked a bit confused. "Yeah, you're right, they both do. However, you can speak English the best out of all and that will be very helpful if you are traveling overseas with Daniel Hyung.", Changbin left no room for discussion and Felix sighed. His gaze clearly betrayed that he was not that enthusiastic about the idea of traveling the world with me in the future.

 

"Well, is there anything else that's going to change?", Felix asked cautiously, looking at Changbin. "Only a small thing. We figured it would make sense if you move into the interstice in front of our offices. Because Daniel Hyung will occupy the office next door and for you to be able to help him, it would be good if you were sitting in the anteroom.", Changbin announced with a smile and looked at Felix. Felix nodded. "Okay. From now on, right?", he asked to make sure and Changbin nodded in agreement. "Okay then I'll get my stuff and move right away.", Felix announced with a rather forced smile. "Very good, then we have clarified everything, right?", Changbin asked the question directed to no one in particular. "I guess so. I can discuss everything else later with Felix directly for the first time overseas.", I finally spoke. Of course, I did not miss Felix surprised look towards me and I had to suppress a grin. "Sure, that sounds good.", Changbin remarked and then nodded to both of us. "Then everything is settled." he finished the conversation with a smile and Felix and I got up from our seats in sync. "See you later." I said goodbye to Changbin and Felix and I left his office. At the same time, I could not resist being a gentleman and opened the door for Felix. "Thanks.", Felix said a bit sheepishly, rolling his eyes slightly. I could only smile and left the office after him and closed the door behind me.

 

"Shocked?", I asked a little amused and looked at Felix, who was nearly pulling his hair out as soon as he had stopped in front of Changbin’s office. "Shocked? That would be the wrong word. I would rather call it surprised or astonished.”, he remarked and shrugged. “Well, that's the case for both of us, isn’t it?", I smirked and looked at him. "Maybe, but you don’t seem to have a problem at all with what is going to happen from now on.", Felix said irritated. "What do you mean?", I tried to sound innocent and looked at him in surprise. "Well, you don’t seem to find it so bad that we're going to spend more time together soon and that we're traveling all around the world together.", he sighed. "You’re right, I have no problem with that at all. On the contrary, I think that sounds like an exciting adventure. And besides, I would very much like to spend more time with you...", I breathed the last words into his ear as I leaned a little closer to him. "Daniel!", it came from Felix indignant and he put a hand to my chest and pushed me away. "I beg you! I'm not in the mood to flirt with you now and besides, we're at work! We really should separate work and private.... Please...", he almost pleaded with me and looked at me with wide eyes. Somewhat disappointed, I looked at him but nodded in agreement. "Sure, I'm sorry. I'll promise to hold back.", I gave him to understand and Felix’s grateful look told me how relieved he was about it. "Thanks... I'm going to eat lunch with Chan and the other Hyung’s. After that, we can discuss what we need to discuss for the journey. Is that okay?", he asked me, dropping his hand. "Sure, just knock at my door later when you're back and then we'll talk about everything.", I assured him and then told him "Eat well." before he left. I looked after him and had to smile. 'This situation is going to be a tough nut. Not only because of Felix, ut also because of Changbin.', were my thoughts before I retired to my office and got an overview of the work to come.

 

I was still sorting different piles of paperwork when someone knocked on my office door. "Come in.", I exclaimed and put aside the stacks of paper, I guessed that it would be Felix knocking on my door. The door opened cautiously and as expected Felix entered my office. He looked at me and gave me a modest smile. "I'm coming for the stuff you still want to discuss with me.", he announced and I nodded. "Sure. Sit down, then I can explain everything to you in peace.", I replied and pointed to a free chair at my desk. I myself moved closer to my desk with the chair and looked at Felix. He looked at me expectantly but also a little anxiously. Apparently, he had still not come to terms with the idea of being with me more often soon.

"So as I indicated earlier, there is already the first order from abroad and Changbin would like us to visit the customer right there.", I announced and smiled at Felix. Felix looked at me with interest and nodded. "Okay that sounds good. And let me guess I should come with you?", he asked, but the answer was already obvious for him. "Bingo! The candidate gets 100 points.", I remarked amused and couldn’t resist a happy grin. "Wow, that's easy to get points from you.", Felix remarked cynically, rolling his eyes slightly. "Come on, why such a grinch? That's not how I know you.", I remarked disappointed. "The Felix from last night was a lot better.", I added and winked at him. Immediately, I could see how Felix cheeks got a red glow and he looked down to the table embarrassed. "I'm sorry, but at work you'll have to take favors with the other Felix.", he replied cynically again, and I had to smile even more. "I can live with that right now. But we have private time abroad and then, maybe, I can have my Felix back again, who I like so much.", I winked at him and the red glow on Felix cheeks was getting more intense.


"Shouldn’t we continue to discuss the details of the first order?", Felix cleared his throat and quickly redirected the conversation in a direction that was obviously not so unpleasant. "Sure, you're right.", I remarked still amused and then brought out an overview. "Here's the itinerary. So, we will go to Australia, to be more specific to Sydney. For the time being, we are assuming 3 days for the appointment with the customer, but as a precaution we have booked in for 5 days in a hotel. Changbin also knows that and it's no problem to stay longer.", I announced, handing Felix his copy of the itinerary. "Wow, to Australia. That's been a long time since I was there...", he reminisced remorsefully. "Oh really, have you been there before?", I asked, surprised and interested. "Yes, more than once. I was born and raised there.", he explained smiling and I was really surprised for a moment. "Oh cool. I didn’t know that yet. But that’s great, then you have an advantage, so to speak.", I winked amused and that made even Felix smile a small smile. "You can say that yes.", he smirked. "Then you can do a sightseeing tour with me.”, I stated with amusement and Felix nodded in agreement. "Of course, I can do it.", he agreed to my surprise. The fact that it would go to Australia seemed to have deflagrated his initial doubt. Because suddenly Felix was on fire for the trip.

 

"When will it start?", he asked excitedly and I smirked at his sight. Somehow, I had to think of a small child, which has just been informed that it would go on vacation for the first time. "Our flight leaves in 2 days.", I answered his question and Felix looked at me surprised. "Wow in 2 days already. This is fast.", he stated and I nodded in agreement. "Then I better start packing bags today.", Felix smiled and again he could not hide his happiness about the upcoming trip to Australia. "That would be better if you don’t want to forget anything.”, I grinned amused and Felix had to laugh briefly. "Don’t worry, I know my way around and know where I get something just in case.", he replied. "Touché.", I noticed laughing softly.

"Is there anything else I need to know?", Felix asked. I paused for a moment, wondering how I would say it the best way. Because there was still a small but very important detail. "So… yes... there's one more thing.", I began cautiously. I didn’t want to spoil his good mood, but I already had the fear that he would no longer be in such a good mood after my explanation. "Okay, and what is it?", Felix looked at me skeptically. "So, the hotel... Unfortunately, there was only one available room… a room with one king-size bed... And I have booked this room for us to share.", I clarified carefully and looked at him. With every word of mine his happy facial features disappeared again and there sat the grinch in front of me once again. "Say what? Are you kidding me now?", it came and Felix was undoubtedly outraged. "No, I don’t. I'm serious.", I assured him, and Felix sighed annoyed. "Oh great... Especially since there is not a single hotel in Sydney, where two single rooms are available or what?", Felix said annoyed and he crossed his arms over his chest. "Sure there were other hotels... even though I know that it doesn’t make the situation any better, but the client recommended this hotel because it's close to the company and has a really good reputation. And I just followed his recommendation.", I explained, hoping Felix would calm down. "Oh great... So much about dividing work and privacy...", Felix said more to himself than to me. "I'm sorry, but I promise I'll hold back. Unless you want it any other way.", I promised again and looked at him honestly. "Promise? Really?", Felix wanted to play it safe. "Really. My word of honor.", I promised and smiled. "But now don’t let that fact spoil your day. Rather enjoy the trip to Australia. Because I like a smiling better.", I noticed with a wink. At my comment, Felix got embarrassed and blushed again. "Daniel...", he wailed sheepishly, and I couldn’t resist a small laugh. "Yes?", I asked teasingly, and he just rolled his eyes. "Then I don’t want to stop you any longer. As I said, don’t worry too much about the hotel room.", I commented and smiled encouragingly, and Felix nodded at me. Then he said goodbye and left my office. I looked at him with a smile and inwardly I was really looking forward to the trip. Because the trip would certainly be good for a surprise.

 

A quick glance at the clock told me that it was nearly 1pm, so it was time for lunch. As previously agreed, I would spend my lunch break with my best friend Ong Seongwoo today. I had also been celebrating with him last night, and I was sure that he would try to squeeze every detail of last night and today out of me. And as if there was not enough to tell about it, there was still today with all its events.

So as not to waste any more time, I put everything aside and quickly grabbed my wallet and keys and headed off. In the hallway I waited for the elevator when I heard the front door of our office open again and another person entered the hall. A glance over my shoulder told me that it was Jisung who came straight towards me in the hallway and stopped next to me to wait for the elevator as well. "Also on the way to the lunch break?", I asked smiling friendly. "Yeah, you too?", Jisung asked the question interested and I nodded in agreement. "And how do you like it so far with us?", Jisung asked and smiled friendly. "Really good. Everyone is very nice, and I immediately felt integrated.", I answered honestly. "Well, that’s good to hear.", Jisung smiled. "Where do you normally go during your lunch break?", I asked as we got into the elevator together. "I usually go to the Bibimbap Restaurant right next door.", Jisung told me and I had to smile. "Oh, what a coincidence, I wanted to meet a friend there today. If you like you could join us, so you don’t have to eat alone?", I suggested. "That's really a coincidence.", Jisung laughs. "And I would like to eat with you, if that's not a problem.", Jisung replied and I nodded in agreement. "Of course, it’s not a problem, otherwise I wouldn’t have suggested it.", I told him and then we went to the restaurant together.


Seongwoo was waiting for me in front of the restaurant and I saw him smiling, I went to him along with Jisung. "Everything all right?", I asked Seongwoo with a grin and greeted my friend. "Everything's fine and you?", came Seongwoo’s counter question as he looked at us both. "Everything is fine, too. Incidentally, I brought someone else with me.", I announced. "I saw that.", Seongwoo laughed. "May I introduce to you, this is Jisung, a colleague of mine. And that's Seongwoo, my best friend.", I introduced Jisung and Seongwoo to each other. "Pleased to meet you.", both commented and shook hands before we entered the restaurant together and looked for a free table. We had chosen a dish each and ordered from the friendly waitress very quick.

 

While we had to wait for the food Seongwoo looked at me expectantly. "Tell me, how was last night?", he asked me with a big grin on his lips. "Okay, I would say.", I commented cautiously and looked at Jisung, who suddenly looked at me just as interested. "Only okay? Come on, don’t make me squeeze all information out of you.", Seongwoo became quite impatient and I allowed myself to get carried away and tell more. "Okay... So, you can still remember the orange-haired boy at the party who was eventually left by his friends?", I asked Seongwoo and he nodded. "First we had a nice chat at the bar and had a few drinks. And when it was getting late, we had somehow forgotten the time and he had drunk a little too much, so we have decided shortly he would sleep at my place for the night. Somehow, one thing led to another and the rest I think I don’t need to tell in detail.", I told them about how the last night had ended. Seongwoo grinned widely, which did not surprise me, but I was a bit confused by Jisung's reaction. He looked at me for a moment, pondering. "Wait a minute... your nightly company was probably not called Felix, was he?", he asked me skeptically and I could only nod in agreement. "Yes my nightly company was called Felix and before the question comes, yes it was exactly the Lee Felix from our company.", I put all the facts on the table and Jisung looked at me surprised. "Wow, I never expected that in my entire life.", he announced in surprise.


"Wait a moment? Are you saying that your nightly company works in the same company as you?", Seongwoo asked a bit irritated, he had not quite understood the situation yet. "Much worse. He doesn’t just work in the same company. No, he also works very closely with me. He is my new assistant and will have to accompany me on the next overseas appointments.", I told Seongwoo everything. This fact made him speechless for a moment. "Okay... That's... Wow, you landed yourself in some really screwed-up situation...", Seongwoo stammered and I rolled my eyes only slightly. "I didn’t choose it and I didn’t know anything about it before. But to be honest, I don’t regret it and I wouldn’t have done anything else, had I known everything in advance.", I honestly said and looked at the two. They just looked at me with a smile and seemed relieved to hear my answer.


"And how will it continue now? I mean how do you want to deal with the situation and each other now?", Jisung asked cautiously and I understood his question very well. "Well, it's hard to pretend there was nothing last night. But Felix has already very clearly asked me to separate private and work today and I try to respect that, as far as I am able to.", I told them, and both nodded in agreement. "Well, I have to say, I'm really surprised, I never expected that.", Jisung announced smiling, when our food arrived. "What do you mean?", I inquired. “Well, I never thought that Felix will ever get this carried away. I don’t want to sound mean, but normal he is very reasonable and rather calm and reserved. So, it's very surprising to hear that he got carried away and willingly took part in a one-night stand.", Jisung explained with a smile. "Good to know. The way I met Felix last night I have to say I can’t agree with your words like that.", I stated amused. "However, I also noticed that he had changed at work today and I already guessed what might have been the reason.", I speculated and looked at Jisung. "Oh yes and that would be?", he looked at me interested. "Say what do you know about Felix and Changbin? I mean, how does it look like between the two? I don’t want to be rude or curious, I just felt like Changbin might be the reason for Felix behavior.", I shared my impression and Jisung grimaced slightly. "Uh... difficult... Don’t be angry, but I think that's one thing Felix should tell you himself if he wants that, rather than me saying something he might doesn’t want people to know.", Jisung eluded my question and I also noticed that there was no point to ask any further, since I wouldn’t get answers from him.

So, we laid the topic about Felix to rest and ate together and talked about other things, before Jisung and I went back to the company after the break.