Chapter 1

Not so Romeo like the series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Amber walking home with a wide smile spread in her face, the way to her home never been this exciting that she can't help herself not to sing happily while swaying her hands here and there. Of course, she's proud of herself, she never expects to be chosen as the part of the director team in her school's theatre club. Who wouldn't? The club has always been the most awaited community event in their school, many stories and films have been re-make and performed under her school's name so there's no way that she can't be proud of by being an assistant director. This year they will perform a classic Roman story that happens to be "Romeo + Juliette".  That would be a new experience for Amber because she will explore and develop her skills to train some casts to act. There are 4 assistants in the drama and she's one of the lucky four because she was chosen to train 2 major casts, Romeo and Mercutio.

However, aside from the excitement she gets from scouted as the assistant is that she has to deal with the school's most well-known vampire-looked-like guy which is none other than the cocky Romeo himself. This forces her to be dragged to his popularity since she needs to be in his circles whether she wants it or not. Amber hates to be in a spotlight, she never is the type of girl who likes those attentions, moreover to seek for it. She wishes she could train the other minor casts instead, but the director seemed to trust her more than he trusted any other assistant. Amber has no chance but to oblige him anyway.

Being in his circle means you know about at least a little information in his private life. Amber would be lying if she said she's comfortable around him because she's not. The after practice party or hangout will never be skipped given to her though she never bothers to attend it. Knowing a certain famous guy who is full of himself will throw a big party and grind his crotch to any girls he bumps into is just a big no-no for the tomboy. It's bloody irritating. Especially when she knew a certain someone is the constant attendee of his party.

 

"Would you come, Am?" Ailee, one of her fellow assistants passed her the party invitation though she knew it will be ignored and thrown away by the latter.

Amber snorted, "Nah. I think I will just practice memorizing the script with the Mercutio"

"Yah, when do I agree to that?!", he widened his eyes beside her in protest, "I've prepared my clothes already!" Henry, the guy who is also one of the casts yelled at his best friend

"Stop being a drama king, you dimwit, no party unless you can pronounce 'Lady Montague' smoothly without having your tongue twisted," Amber said pulling his ear as she bid goodbye to Ailee


"Well, I am a drama king! I mean prince!" Henry tried to joke but shut his mouth later when Amber didn't respond, "But seriously, you need to chill a bit. Lose your belt, it's not like the drama will not go smoothly if you attend one of the parties" the tomboy is only shaking her head making Henry gasped figuring out something, "OR is it because..."

"Shut up", she paused, "It just that I'm not into that kind of thing, you've known me since forever so you'd better understand"

"That is, it's because I know you so damn well that I can say things like this" he mumbled

 

Amber can't help but think about her friend. Did I force him too hard? Am I really annoyed at the fact that they waste their time at the party? Or is there any additional reason? Such as the rumor maybe?


Hell no, she thought while shaking her head, she can do whatever she wants to do, of course

 

 

Amber regained her consciousness when someone walks into their direction. A certain Juliette with auburn wavy locks bringing her practice attire come across their path. Henry poked her limbs repeatedly although the tomboy knew already that infamous Jung is about to greet them

"Your Juliette's coming" he whispered receiving a glare from the tomboy.

 

"Hey, going to the party, huh?" The girl finally stopped her strides as she noticed what Henry bring in his hand

"No, but I was about to", Henry rolled his eyes to Amber, "guess I don't need to use it, don't I?", he put his mask to the bag

She chuckled shyly while she brought her slender hand to cover her plump lips. "Why? I thought you said to me that you would come, Mercutio.. who knows your longtime crush lady Capulet will notice you" She furrows her perfect brow

Amber snorted at how Henry gaped his mouth, "h-how could y-you know?" He said After Amber nudged him to respond to her.

"Duh, isn't it obvious?", she paused and finally turn her gaze to Amber, "guess.. uh, I will see you later, royal cousin" she turns her head to Henry again and while then nodding at the tomboy"Amber sunbae-nim.."

 

 

Amber used to it already, the formal call will always be her appellation when it comes to the younger girl. Not that they are a complete stranger, it's just that they never been in the same room to talk more than 5 minutes, making them not familiar enough with one another.

"Come on, I'm starving," Amber said as the tomboy tried to avoid her so the situation wouldn't turn to be awkward. The two then bid their goodbye to the younger girl who is waiting for her friends. All happen while she didn't notice how the younger girl releases a long sigh that oddly stuck in her chest whenever the certain senior is around.

 

 

The main casts are undeniably the best couple that could ever exist in her faculty. The couple is the talk of the campus because of the huge promotions. The fact that both casts had a really good visual and chemistry (even with a glance to their poster) adding to the hype of the event, making everyone curious about them. Moreover, the two are indeed rumored to be an item, adding to the talk.

Amber used to ignore them actually, but there's always be something that bothered her about the casts especially her. She is just curious as to why Juliette really likes to ignore her when Amber did nothing wrong with the girl. The fact that the female cast tends to avoid the tomboy really is odd. Amber indeed was annoyed at first, she has the hots for her after all. That will make her having zero chances to get to know Krystal better.

Am I that annoying? she thought. Krystal never once spares a glance to Amber and there's no way that Amber can't notice it. She admit she was a bit jealous yet, who's she kidding for? She's nobody, to begin with. The fact that the chemistry between the two leads is built so strong was really irritating her. Krystal is very professional herself, Amber might be irritated by how she can easily act so intimately with Kai, the Romeo. She wants to at least spot an uncomfortable moment when Krystal was acting with him but only rather more irritated to think that she herself is the cause of Juliette's uncomfortable state. 

 

 

Seeing her friends' Instastory, she can really see that her friends were having fun, Krystal having fun, with Kai on her side. Amber once again release a long sigh that made her best friend look at her with sympathy.

 

 

It's another day in practice when Amber just finished training Romeo, as she busy packing her things, her phone is ringing so loudly. Not having to had the chance to say hello, a girl's voice suddenly invading her earlobe as she put her phone at her right ear, "Amber, could you please help me assist my cast for her warming up session, at least until I come"

Not again, Amber thought, "I know this is so sudden, but Chirripa is so sick, she needs to be brought to the vet," Ailee said on the phone while the tomboy packed her script since her individual cast practice has already done

"Whaaat, you know I just finished practicing Romeo for 2 hours, I'm extremely exhausted, you know how Romeo is so hard to teach when it's come to intonation" she whined, know that the said Romeo has already went home for about 15 minutes earlier.

"Oh I will treat you anything later, please just say yes, oh? Ndae Amy Lee I will, omo thank you Amboyaa!" And she hung up the phone

"What the?! I've never said yes!" Amber yelled as she messed her hair frustratingly.

 


You'd better be thankful of me AMY LEE! Amber yelled desperately but head to the girl's room anyway. The boys' practice room is unfortunately separated from the girls since they want to prioritize their individual vocal first. This is what Amber always questioned why do I'm placed in the boy's section.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter