Nothing to Fear

It’s you, and it always was (Exo 🏳️‍🌈 oneshots)

Tao is afraid of many things. The dark. Spiders. Heights. Clowns and haunted houses. So when his boyfriend came home to tell Tao that they were going to hang out with the some of Kris’ friends at a haunted house Tao was beginning to think wonder why he had ever dated this man. 

 

“Please? C’mon, it’ll be fun. You’ll be with us the whole time and you won’t be the only one screaming like a girl,” Kris said to the stubborn boy in the corner who abruptly shook his head. “No way am I going to let you hooligans use me getting the crap scared out of me as black mail. No way,” said boy said crossly.  

 

Kris found himself shocked at the fight he was receiving from the boy. Kris sighed. “Please, just one time? And then never again? Once?” 

 

“Fine,” Tao said realizing the fight would get them nowhere and gave in. He slowly went around the house looking for a flash light and or something that he could use to fight off the possible ghosts that could be lurking around in the haunted house. 

 

The drive was long and winding. Fear churning inside him, fortunately he wouldn’t be the only one of them that would have the crap scared out of him. Luhan and Sehun would also be joining them. 

 

The line to get into the haunted house was what gave him an even greater sense of fear now that he could hear the other people in line and the shouts from inside. He practically jumped out of his skin once Luhan tapped him on the shoulder and shouted. “Well someone is jumpy,” Luhan commented. 

 

“Yeah, well it’s not every day your jack of a boyfriend drags you off your comfortable couch and makes you go to a haunted house,” Tao said glaring accusingly at the cause of most of his anxiety. Kris shrugged, a mixture of pride and I don’t care written on his face. 

 

“I don’t blame you. I hate haunted houses, and he couldn’t stand to be in a haunted house filled with ‘peasants’” Luhan said to the diva, making air quotes by the peasants part. “I can’t help it if they are incompetent,” Sehun said shrugging  off the comment. 

 

“I don’t care, but I’m not going in alone,” Tao and Luhan jinxed as they pleaded towards their un-willing boyfriends. “Please come with us,” they jinxed again. Both boyfriends rolled their eyes and agreed reluctantly. 

 

Tao felt fear creep up inside him as the door to the haunted house had closed eerily behind them with a creak and a slam. He shuddered holding on tightly to Kris, looking over seeing Luhan do the same have him a odd sense of humor. He felt as though he was being watched as he walked, clenching his hands tighter around Kris’ arm. 

 

“This was the worst idea that you ever dragged me into,” Tao whispered. 

 

“Shut up, you agreed. I didn’t make you,” Kris said. 

 

“Yes you did.” 

 

“No I-“ 

 

“SHUT UP,” Sehun and Luhan jinxed. Tao flinched at how loud the sound ricocheted off the wall. Loud footsteps followed, both groups of boys stood still, and the footsteps increased. A small light followed the footsteps and a quiet sound of eerie breathing. 

 

The ghoul jumped at them, Tao and Luhan jumped running for their lives as the two others were frozen in fear. Once the ghouls seemed to go away Kris felt around for his boy-friend upon realizing he wasn’t their and felt another body he called out to it. “I’m not Tao idiot,” Sehun said. “But Tao ran away with my boyfriend.”

 

————

 

Tao only ceased running when the burning in his chest was all to much and when he tripped feeling a dull pain radiate through his ankle. He felt around blindly in the dark and after his hurried breathed calmed down he could hear quiet breaths and tried to run. The dull pain turning stronger and he cried out. 

 

His ankle, he knew wasn’t broken but he would have a higher difficulty walking on if because he sprained it. “Please don’t kill me, please.” He shined his flash light hesitatingly at said person and screamed in surprise. 

 

“Luhan?” Tao asked. 

 

“Yes it’s me, now will you please stop shining that thing in my eyes,” he said shielding the light. Tao obliged and turned off the light. He felt his face heat up in embarrassment. “I’m so sorry Luhan,” Tao said. He felt his eyes sting with both tears and the fact that he coward in fear. 

 

“It’s ok, can you stand up? We need to find a way out?” Luhan said as he leaned down to lift the lanky boy off of ground. Tao made a noise of protest and a low cry as he was lifted off the ground. “A-are you ok? Did I hurt you?” Luhan asked. 

 

“W-what? Oh no no I’m fine sorry,” he said still shaking. “C’mon we need to go,” Tao said. Luhan reluctantly followed the boy. Looking at skeptically watched the boy limp out the door. 

 

————

 

Sehun glare angrily at the taller and snapped. “Great, I can’t find Luhan! Where could he’ve possibly be! Wow, they were right, this was a horrible idea. What if they get hurt? Well by they I mean Luhan,” he said with a glare. 

 

“It doesn’t matter who’s fault it was we need to get out of this haunted house before anything worse happens. That will be our only hope of finding them. We will have to wait for them by the exit until we get out. For now we have to...finish the house,” Kris said. “There’s only supposed to be four more guys.” 

 

Sehun sighed, this was perfect. Sure, it could’ve been worse, he could’ve been stuck with someone he actually hated but the feeling of not knowing if Luhan was ok irked him. He pushed the thoughts out of his head and ventured on hoping to find a light at the end of the tunnel. 

 

To his surprise there was and he rolled his eyes. He made sure he could see Kris because despite his attitude he was slightly scared, although he wouldn’t admit it. 

 

Kris shivered. Nope he wasn’t scared at all. But the feeling of both fear (although he wouldn’t tell that to Sehun) the cold and no lights left him jumpy. He could almost feel the fear radiating off of Sehun and the phantom pain that came from his soulmate didn’t make things any better. 

 

He ventured on and never gave it a second thought. They blew past the other rent-a-ghouls and made their way through the corn field to ask the lady if any one else had exited and she answered no he knew he should’ve never brought Tao. 

————

 

After having the crap scared out of them four times prior Luhan and Tao would’ve thought that they were invincible, until they were chased by a clown. 

 

Luhan struggle to pull the limping boy on when Tao fell and the clown kept running. If Luhan had never met Tao before in his life he would’ve have left him there. If Tao was his worst enemy he would’ve helped but Tao is Luhan’s friend so he did the next best thing. 

 

Scream. 

 

“HELP!,” 

 

Luhan heard foreign footsteps and saw Sehun and Kris run up to save them. Kris punching out the clown and Sehun yelling at it for scaring the boys boyfriend. 

 

“We are never going to a haunted house again,” Kris said. 

 

The three boys nodded.