When he’s sick (Taoris)

It’s you, and it always was (Exo 🏳️‍🌈 oneshots)

It was one of those days. 

 

Tao woke up to his alarm blaring and a headache. A pounding one at that, his vision blurred and he saw spots at the way he sat up to fast. He sighed, today was recording day he would never be able to cancel, and nobody would believe him.

 

He remembered when Xiumin had food poisoning during a recording and they had to edit so many of the clips out because Xiumin couldn’t hold down even water. He remember that the managers didn’t care and then yell at him for not doing well and messing up. 

 

Tao pushed aside all of his fears and decided to pack his stuff for dance practice. Tao brace his body against the nightstand not trusting his body to hold him up as a wave of dizziness dulled his senses. He heard a knock on the door the swift movement of leaning to standing did not help the bout of dizziness that was churning within him. 

 

“Tao? Are you in there? We have to go soon, the rest of Exo-M is already at the studio, expect for Luhan who didn’t get his license because he was to short or something,” Kris’ voice echo against the walls of the empty hall. 

 

Tao press his body against the cool glass of the mirror and then slowly open the door. Kris look at the smaller boy and felt a tang of guilt but also push that aside to smile. Something about he boy seemed different his face was very red and his eyes dull. 

 

Tao looked up at the taller boy and smiled. He sat in the car beside his taller boyfriend. 

 

———

 

As soon as they arrived at the recording room Tao felt the nausea come back and this time more effective. The lights and the sounds from all of the other members was allot, overloading all his senses. He felt an alarmingly warm hand on his shoulder and he turned his glassy eyes to face Kris. 

 

He did finish the recording. And he was glad when they did he ran to the bathroom expelling everything in his stomach and then reapplying his makeup to hide the paleness in his face. 

 

He walked timidly into the room that the rest of s were in. As he walked in he saw the members eating the takeout food they had ordered earlier. 

 

Tao sat down beside his boyfriend and felt the immense nausea return. 

The greasy chicken and the burgers made his stomach lurch. He had no time to run back to the bathroom so he turned away from the group and threw up in the trash can. 

 

His stomach burned, his throat felt as though he was being stabbed with knives, his head felt like it was about to split. He could feel tears running down his face. He could vaguely feel Kris hand on his back his chest hurt from all the heaving. 

 

Kris could feel the boys ribs through his back. He felt a pang of guilt go through his body. After 30 mins of the boy vomiting and choking he passed out. Kris felt his whole world go numb. 

 

Tao felt Kris’ hand still on his body before he felt as though he couldn’t stay still anymore. The darkness swallowing him and he heard the older whisper something before he passed out. 

 

————

 

Kris realized that the boy was way to light. Kris s his hand under the boys back and his legs and lifted him up. The boys skin was so warm it felt like fire, his breathing was labored, and he was clutching on very tightly to Kris muttering to help him. 

 

The boys skin was covered in a layer of sweat and the heat that was radiating off of him could be equal to a fire. But somehow the boy was...shivering?? 

 

“K-k-kris? W-whys it so-s-so cold,” the pleas of the smaller boy made Kris’ heart clench. Looking down at the smaller he realized that his eyes were glazed over and he was crying the tears we’re cascading down the younger’s face. 

 

———

 

The doctors told Kris that if he was any later that he might have died. The fever was apparently 105.7 F (40.9). Kris walked over to the boy who was on the table. He held the boys hand and kissed his head. Once he was able to he took the boy home and placed him lightly on the bed. 

 

———

 

“Is he ok? I just kinda saw you freak out and then I freaked out and I saw him faint,” Chen began rambling and Kris could see the fear that was present in his face. “No, he’s ok, but he can’t practice for a few day until he gets better,” Kris said. 

 

The next day he came home from practice to see Tao under the mass heap of blankets. “I-I’m sorry K-Kris,” Tao said. “I-I’m I got sick and I’m so sorry that I didn’t do well at the recordings and that I wasn’t in the video because I was sick.” 

 

“Tao you are going to make yourself even more sick if you keep stressing over this please relax. I’m not mad,” he said with a smile. Tao, for once, made another face besides his resting b**ch face and smiled. His eyes were still hazy from the fever. 

 

“Baby does your head still hurt? Dizzy at all,” Kris asked. 

 

Tao’s head did hurt, bad enough that when he tried to nod he felt the stabbing feeling in his head again as the day he fainted. He leaned in to Kris’ body and shivered. “Yes, my head does hurt but it’s not that-“he was cut off by the pain in his head and cried out. 

 

Kris looked around to see the house had been cleaned...like the whole damn house had been cleaned. He hugged the boy, who’s brows were pinched in pain, and holding his head. Tao had always hated feeling useless so he always tried to do something special to help or waste his time. 

 

“Tao I know you, remember. I was there when you cried, when I was the only one that could help you. That let you out from that man. You are fine. Please just rest.”