Taoris (Abuse)

It’s you, and it always was (Exo 🏳️‍🌈 oneshots)

The man leaned down and spat in his face. “And if you ever try to leave again your punishment will be even more severe,” he said. Tao flinched as he heard the door close loudly. Nothing new, he was used to being a rag doll, picked up and thrown about and hit like a punching b

 

Tao wanted nothing more than to see Kris now. To escape this man, and get to his boyfriend. But he really wasn’t quite sure that he could even peel himself off the floor or even to walk to his house. But he did. The broken leg made things much harder than usual but he didn’t care. He just needed to get to Kris. 

 

The walk to his boyfriends house was allot father than he’d remembered, and the world seemed to be spinning allot faster than usual. Not to mention the rain that feel was pelting his skin like bullets. And he hated the cracks in the sidewalk that put extra pressure on his broken leg. 

 

He finally got to Kris’ doorstep after what felt like forever, the burning, dizzying pain in his ribs making itself prominent. Knock knock. “Kris, please,” Tao breathed. Finally the door was opened and he leaned into Kris as much as he could without hurting himself more. 

 

Instinctively, Kris leaned in and kissed him on the forehead, Tao looked up at him through his hair, and smiled. A small trickle of blood ran down his face from the cut, but he smiled. 

 

“Did he break your leg?” Kris asked gesturing at the way Tao was leaning completely to the left, and wincing as soon as it made contact the floor. “Yes but I promise, it’s not as bad as it- aaah,” he gasped as Kris nudged it lightly with his shoe. “Yes because that is very reassuring,” Kris answered annoyed. 

 

“N-no, it’s ok I deserved it anyway. It’s ok,” Tao said with the same sad smile that used to fool him before they dated. Before Kris knew and before Kris had moved. “No you didn’t, I know you, now let’s get you healed up.” 

 

Kris picked the boy up bridal style easily with how light he was, Kris had realized, he was lighter than when he did this last week. “...and get you fed.” Tao made a noise of pain as he was pressed accidentally to hard into Kris’ chest. He whimpered and pressed his hand on top of the injury. 

 

Kris felt his heart clench, looking at the younger who was in as tight as a ball as he could be. Kris laid him down gently on the bed and went to the kitchen to get ice medicine and water. He hurried up he stairs upon hearing another cry of pain. 

 

“Tao?” 

 

“I-I’m fine, it just tried to shift my position and I hurt my ribs, it’s ok.” 

 

Kris sighed. And then abruptly walked into a wall and muttered a curse word in mandarin. “Kris-ge? Are you ok?,” he heard the shy voice call from his bedroom. This kid, he thought, he’s gotta start worrying about himself more. 

 

Kris shook his head as he made his way upstairs, to find the skinny boy attempting to hobble his way towards the other. Kris shook his head and smirked, picking him up and placing the boy back on the bed. Kris picked up the ice and pressed it gently against his ribs and for the other minor injuries, stopping occasionally when he heard the younger wince in pain. He looked at the boy, who’s face was wet with tears. He leaned down to kiss his forehead. 

 

How had he not noticed before? Tao was sick and he hadn’t noticed that before. It was raining, sure and he forgot all about his boyfriend awful immune system. Tao shivered into the older. Tao felt the room get colder to match the dizziness in his head. 

 

“K-kris? It’s s-so cold,” he said, huddling into his hyungs warm body. Kris was always warm, warmer than him. Tao was always cold,but Kris never seemed to mind. Kris just held on to him tighter and sighed.

 

Kris held out the pain medication to the small boy who refused it, and was becoming alarmingly hot, Kris ran out of the room to grab a thermometer, and felt fear creeping through his body. Taking out the beeping thermometer, he read it, 104.6 (40.3??). Kris’ eyes widened as he gingerly picked up the injured boy and placed him in the car. 

 

Tao pressed his forehead against the cool glass window of the car. Shivering slightly at the difference in temperature. “Kris-ge? Where are we going? Are you taking me home?” Tao said. Kris’ heart could’ve broken right there on the spot, his voice sounded strained, and broken and so sad. Kris shook his head to say he wasn’t taking Tao home. 

 

Kris could hear the labored gasps coming from the younger and the was that he grabbed his side in pain the way his eyes were glazed with fever and how his face was flushed red. And how he smiled. Kris never understood how that boy could still smile. 

 

Kris would’ve thought that he’d be used to all of the times that he had to come here when Tao got hurt, and he would’ve thought that he’d be used to all the skeptical looks of the nurses and doctor, and the way that the patients would glare. 

 

Kris really didn’t care, he had one goal and that was to protect his baby. Once he was sure that Tao was okay and that he could visit him he did and he held the skinny boys hand tightly. “One day I will get you out of that crap hole. I love you.”