[ two ]

Club PINK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was only her second day in Seoul and she was ready to go home.

Things haven't been going her way since that morning. Just when she woke up and ready to face the busy streets of Seoul, the shower broke down and left her with shampoo in her eyes that she had to wash it off on the sink. Jennie just shrugged it off, not letting one bad event ruin the entire day. That is, until it became a chain of bad events.

The moment she stepped out of the lodging, it was like she was some walking disaster. Jennie was nearly run over by a speeding car even though the light was red, catcalled by a bunch of teenagers when she was wearing a sweater and pants, and the interviewers treated her like she's never finished high school.

"I wanna go home." She whimpered, flipping out the newspaper and crossing out the encircled job hiring. Another thing she was stressing out were the job requirements she had to comply. It had gotten dark that she decided to call it a day and headed back.

Her feet were sore and decided to take her steps slow, even though she wanted to be back in the lodging and doze off in her clothes. Jennie sighed and looked around her, street lamps illuminated the dim sidewalks. She looked up at the sky and hoped to see the stars but she was met with a dark void. Maybe it was too early to see the stars.

When she turned a corner, she noticed a building far different from the others. It didn't had big large windows that showed nearly the entire content of the establishment and for the light inside to seep out. Instead, a large neon sign displayed on the front. Upon closer inspection, curtains were draped over the windows and the only light coming inside were from the single door.

Jennie looked up at the sign once more and saw a woman lounging around by the balcony. She was wearing a skimpy outfit, something Jennie couldn't bring herself to wear in. But she had to admit the woman was beautiful. She looked back at the neon sign and wondered what was inside. She looked back at the woman and caught her smirking in her direction. Jennie squirmed on her spot and turned her attention away from the woman and to the door. She wondered where the light was coming from. She looked back at the balcony but the woman was gone now.

Jennie thought she could just go back to the lodging and forget that she was there, but a part of her wanted to go in. After all, she was in Seoul and she's always wanted to venture through every nook and cranny.

She lets her curiosity get the best of her and pushed the door open. She was in a narrow hallway with the only source of light be coming from the end. When she reached the end, she was met by a wooden door. A woman with long black hair was sitting on the side with her head facing what looked to be a stage. Music was playing and the dancers emerged from behind the curtains, the spotlight focused on them. Jennie recognized one of them and it was the woman from the balcony earlier.

Her attention was diverted by a knock against the glass window, the woman was facing her. "This isn't the best view, you know." She smirked and looked back at the stage, the dancers were wearing equally skimpy outfits as the woman from the balcony. Their bodies moved along with the rhythm of the music.

"Is this a strip club?" Jennie asked, watching a dancer bend her body in a dramatic pose but still kept her y aura.

"Strip club?" The woman whipped her head so fast her hair flew to her face. "Honey, I'd wash that mouth of yours before I let you kiss yo mama."

Jennie was taken aback by the comment, pursing her lips together while thinking of a response. Instead, she looked back at the stage and watched how the dancers transitioned from a different position to another.

"500₩." The woman spoke and held her hand out towards Jennie, looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

"500?" Jennie questioned and thought the woman was joking but obviously, she wasn't. She glanced over to the stage and back to the woman, still holding her hand out and tilted her head to the side. Jennie huffed and tucked the newspaper in her armpit before she dug her hand in her back pocket, fishing out a 500₩ and handing it to the woman.

The woman smiled and hummed before opening the door for Jennie. When she stepped in, it was an entirely different aura compared being on the other side. Her attention was fixated on the stage, mesmerized by their body movements and how it suited the music. The sudden change of music shifted the mood, the dancers down on their knees as they crawled towards the audience by the beat of the drums. The spotlights dimmed and the dancers moved to the side. The music reached a and a new rhythm was played by the band, at the same time the spotlights were back on and revealed a woman standing on the center, wearing a long black robe with feathered hems and a black captain's hat atop her curled hair.

The band quiet down, her voice resounded against the walls of the small booth. It sent shivers down Jennie's spine and felt the hair on every part of her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter