Voices

Ebony

*It's me! It was always me! It's my fault, I did this, I caused Daehyunnie and dad and Yonggukie's death! Don't hit me, please don't- it hurts, I-*

'Jongup!'

Jongup's eyes fly open and he sees Himchan standing over him. 'Jongup, are you okay? I'm seriously worried...maybe you should see someone about it, maybe a therapist?'

'No- no, I'm fine, it's ok.' Jongup tries to reassure his brother.

'You were talking in your sleep. About Daehyun....dad.....and Yongguk,' Himchan murmers. 'Saying it was your fault, as if you were cursed! Are you okay? Seriously, Jongup, we need to do something-'

'I'm fine!' Jongup snaps. 'It's not your business, okay? Leave me alone!'

Instantly he regrets it. 'Oh, I....I'm sorry. If you want to be alone, I guess....' Himchan turns to leave.

Suddenly he whirls back around. 'Jongup, are you really my brother?'

Jongup is frozen, unable to speak.

Finally he pulls himself together and replies, 'of....of course.'

Himchan says no more.

 

 

 

'Mom, dad, what's that?'

'Jongup, was it very cold when you were dead?'

Go away, Daehyun. Go away!

'Honey, just because you aren't my flesh and bone, my blood relative, my birth child, doesn't mean I don't love you!'

'Jongup, what was your life like before we found you?'

Go away, mom. Back to your mansion, across the country. Go away!

'You were so light, Himchan could have lifted you with ease. Did you even eat?'

'When Chan comes back from Europe, act like you're really ours.'

Go away, dad. Wasn't I yours? I'm part of this family, right? Go away!

'You're like a little brother to me. Maybe someday you'll be my brother in law.'

'I just love Himchan so much, and you two are close so I love you too.'

Go away Yongguk! Please! Can't you all leave me ALONE?

 

Jongup pushes the voices away. 

An then, one more voice cuts in. Deeper than the rest. Full of anger and hatred. Followed by a feminine voice that is just as angry. 

'Worthless little thing! I'm ashamed to call you my son!'

'Horrid, nasty little boy! I wish I never gave birth to you!'

Family love, I guess. 

That was how Jongup lived.

 

 

He pushes his parents away as well.....everyone is gone now. 

 

 

 

 

Himchan tilts his head back as he walks, so he can look up at the stars.

'I love you.'

He closes his eyes. 

'I know you can't come back to me. You're gone, forever. But I still love you.'

He blows a kiss to the sky. To the universe, to the heaven that holds his angel. And maybe somewhere in that vast darkness sprinkled with starry light, that kiss is received. 

'I love you too. There is no way for you to know, there is no way to reply from here, but I love you even more than you could ever imagine.'

A kiss is blown back, but he will never know.