Prologue - Part I

Rooftop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1. An Awkward Encounter

Yeri.

It felt weird enough standing there in high school uniform. To add that she waited in front of closed front door knowing the party had a full blast inside from its noise for more than half an hour made it look somewhat pitiful. She silently cursed her boyfriend, Minho, for this discomfort. And embarrassing stares from passers-by.

It was their 200 days-of-dating and Yeri felt like having a simple and modest celebration. Just her and Minho. At first she asked whether Minho could come to her home watching some DVDs or just hanging around somewhere after her prep class—since it was midweek, but he refused since he promised Key—his best friend at college—to attend this party. This stupid rooftop party.

“Oh.. Yerimiee..” someone called her out of nowhere, her voice sounded familiar.

Turned out she was Seulgi, her senior at high school, now a college student at the same uni Minho was.

“Eonnie, hello..” Seulgi came with few people, one she recognized as Jimin, whom also her senior. They’ve been such sweethearts since high school and seeing them together walking with hands clasped into each other’s has proved these two were inseparable.

“Hi cutie, where is Minho hyung?” Jimin greeted her cheekily, “You come with him right?”

“Umm.. Yes and no..” Yeri answered almost whispering because it felt embarrassing, “he asked me to come and meet him here since I had prep cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter