First Aid Kit

Deception of the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

Mina looked at Momo’s backside, watching her figure fade away from behind the closed library doors.

 

Something inside her felt off. She didn’t understand why it bothered her so much with the way Momo disliked her. But here she was, feeling incomplete because her soon to be sister-in-law hates her guts.

 

She looked at the notes scattered across the table, all the different color pens and highlighters.

 

Day one of being Momo’s tutor, was a complete failure.

 

She packed her things away slowly, trying to pretend it didn’t bother her as much. Trying to get over it. But the truth was, she wasn’t over it, as much as she wanted to be.

 

She went to the basketball courts where she knew Jeongyeon would be practicing, and decided to watch while she waited for her.

 

The older Hirai was definitely a super star when it came to basketball. Mina was in awe watching her make shot after shot.

 

Every so often she caught Jeongyeon looking over her way, and saw a small smile form. It made her heart flutter a bit.

 

 

After practice, Jeongyeon rushed out of the locker rooms to meet Mina who had been patiently waiting.

 

“Sorry Mina, were you waiting long?” Jeongyeon smiled approaching her.

 

Mina shook her head immediately, “No no, not at all. It was nice to see you practice actually.”

 

Jeongyeon silently nodded, and then proceeded to ask, “How was tutoring my sister?”

 

They started to walk to the car, and Mina pursed her lips together before answering truthfully. “Not good. I think she really hates me so, she kind of just left.”

 

Jeongyeon sighed a little. “I’ll apologize on her behalf. She’s a bit tough to get through but I promise she’s not as bad as she shows herself to be.”

 

Jeongyeon opened the passenger door for Mina, making her slightly blush at the gesture.

 

“Lets get you home now, would you like to stop for some coffee before?” Jeongyeon politely offered while putting on her seatbelt.

 

Mina smiled and nodded, “Coffee sounds refreshing actually.”

 

With that, Jeongyeon started the car and they went on their way.

 

 

At the coffee shop Jeongyeon refused to let Mina pay, and after a 5-minute-long dispute, Mina gave in.

 

Jeongyeon in a sense was Mina’s type so far. Kind, has manners, is smart, can play sports, and the list goes on.

 

But Mina couldn’t understand why her mind kept wandering to the younger Hirai.

 

Mina started to decode the situation. Isn’t it funny how as humans we seek attention from the ones we don’t get it from, even though someone else could be giving us all the attention in the world.

 

Here Jeongyeon was giving her all the attention in the world, yet the one she wanted it from was the one that didn’t like her at all, Momo.

 

Mina was in an endless conflict with her feelings, perhaps it was her feeling that she wanted to be liked by everyone, because it was true, she isn’t a bad person. But was she trying more with Momo than she usually would with anyone else. And was it really because of the fact that it was because she wanted them to get along as soon to be siblings or was it something else.

 

While Mina was in deep contemplation she hadn’t notice Jeongyeon who was standing in front of her giggling at the distracted girl.

 

“Earth to Mina. You okay?”

 

Mina immediately snapping out of her thoughts nodded. ‘Hmm, oh yeah yeah!”

 

Mina laughed shyly as Jeongyeon gently placed a hand on the lower part of her back, guiding her to a table.

 

Mina and Jeongyeon continued to have a good time, laughing and just talking getting to know each other further when through the glass mirror something caught both their eyes.

Momo.

 

She was walking up to a guy talking to an elderly lady. Or that’s what it seemed like.

 

“Why is Momo going up to them.” Mina asked while observing.

 

“I don’t know.” Jeongyeon replied watching the scene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter