Resenting is Better than Loving

Deception of the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

There was a dryness in Momo’s throat, the heaviness washed its way into her heart, and dragged it down to the pits of her stomach where it burned every living feeling inside of her.

 

But she displayed none of it. And why should she?

 

It wasn’t like Mina remembered her anyways. And why would she? Only Momo was left with the memories.

 

It wasn’t like anyone would care that Momo was technically in “love” with Mina.

 

In fact, now Mina was indeed going to be a Hirai. She just got with the wrong Hirai. And sadly there was nothing she could do about it.

 

She stared, the emotions hiding behind the blank expression and she pretended it didn’t bother her. She pretended that she didnt care.

 

So in the end, what did it matter if the one thing that she did care about was taken away from her? It didn’t. So why should she show that it bothered her. There was no point. So she deceived them.

 

“Oh. Cool.” She lied, the flatness in her voice, clearly present. “Congrats, Jeong.”

 

She looked at Mina one last time, the love she had for her as she knew it had to stop.

 

 

After washing up Momo dreaded going back downstairs, to an awkward dinner table. How exactly could she sit there while the now “has to be ex love of her life” was marrying her sister of all people.

 

Momo walked to the dining room gaining everyone’s attention. “Momo sit here.”

 

Momo rolled her eyes, questioning what she exactly did to deserve this.

 

Mina who saw the eye roll, was a bit confused on what exactly Momo’s problem was. She tried to be polite and smile but it had seemed like the younger sibling was not taking a liking to her.

 

Momo sat next to her Dad, which left her unfortunately sitting in front of Mina who was sitting awkwardly next to Jeongyeon.

 

She took a deep breath, the tinges of pain in her heart. The love that was once there for Mina was slowly turning into resentment. Not that it was Mina’s fault, but the world really had to be cruel to play this kind of game.

 

Perhaps resentment is better. Momo thought. Perhaps resenting is better than loving.

 

Momo tried to deceive her the feelings in her heart, that were now confused with the sudden announcement.

 

At this point it was better to hate Mina, than to love her.

 

She wanted to focus on the anger in her heart rather than the pain in it. If she focused on the anger than it wouldn’t hurt as much. If she focused on the anger, it would eventually turn into hate.

 

“So Mina. I heard you are quite the dancer.” Momo’s father broke the silence smiling at Mrs. Myoui.

 

Mina nodded and Momo was forking around her food trying her best to become uninvolved with the conversation.

 

“Maybe you can teach Jeongyeon to dance, it’d be awfully sad if Jeongyeon wasn’t good by the time you guys get married.” Momo’s father joked and stifled a laugh.

 

Jeongyeon groaned, obviously embarrassed. “Ahh…Dad I’m not that bad.”

 

This made Mina laugh, as well as her Mom.

 

Momo faked a laugh. She honestly wanted to vanish from the scene and she planned to.

 

She reached for the earphones inside her pocket and plugged it into her phone and then clicked play on her music, blasting it as loud as she could.

 

“MOMO!” Her father pulled one earphone out when he realized what his daughter was doing.

 

“Owh. What?” Momo replied monotonously as she looked at him unfazed by his action.

 

He looked at the Myouis, apologetically “Sorry, she’s a troubled child.”

 

“Don’t be rude to our guests. Earphones out.” He demanded and Momo didn’t exactly feel like fighting with him so she just listened.

 

“Are you okay by the way?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter