Your Eyes (Final)

Drown In Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my God, Dara. Could you please let go of my hand for a second?” Chanyeol groaned tiredly as he tried to wriggle his arm out of my grip. Suddenly wanting to annoy him, I gripped onto his hand tightly, eyes staring up at him.

“Why would I?”

“Because I need to pay for this food but I cannot use my hand to get my wallet since you would not let me go!”

I pouted to hear his outburst. The laughter from behind us made me annoyed. Still not letting of my twin, I turned to glare at the two boys who were still laughing. Jongin quickly stopped laughing as he saw me staring at him with my murderous glare, but Baekhyun did not stop at all. How I despised that Byun boy.

“Chanyeol’s noona.” Jongin mocked me. “You better let go of his hand before he push you.”

His warning actually made me shiver a bit. Although we were twins, Chanyeol had a bigger body and strong hands and abs all over his stomach and he was really, really strong, I wasn’t kidding. There was one time when he accidentally pushed me, causing me to fall to the floor and my head hit the jubin. That ‘accidentally push’ actually made me faint.

Reluctantly, I let go of Chanyeol, still pouting. I pulled the still laughing Baekhyun with me and we sat at our usual table just near the vending machine. After a few moments, Baekhyun was still laughing which made me pinch his stomach really hard. He yelped, his arm onto his tummy but still managed to grin naughtily at me.

“Chanyeol could not get a girlfriend if you keep behaving like that, Dara,” Jongin said as he sat across from me while my beloved twin took a seat next to me. Baekhyun laughed again, the rice that he had just eaten from Jongin’s plate spluttered out of his mouth. We looked at him with disgust. Jongin pulled his plate away from the coughing boy and started to eat as fast as he could to prevent Baekhyun from stealing his food again.

“He cannot have a girlfriend until I get a boyfriend.” I retorted. From the corner of my eye, I saw Chanyeol frown at me, his lips muttered some words that I could not hear. But then he started to feed me his fried chicken, which made me smile. Baekhyun continued to laugh until someone slapped his head with a book, hard.

“Hello, our cute twins.” Jongdae greeted as he plopped down next to Baekhyun who was now his head. I happily greeted back the boy.

The boys were studying in the same course; music while I took business administration. Yes, that means our faculty was miles away from each other. Actually, it’s not that far if you use a car but I did not know how to drive so I usually walk to get to this cafeteria which was the nearest to the music faculty.

“It’s the second semester. Don’t you have any friends yet, Dara?” Jongdae started the topic that I hated the most. But his expression showed that he was only being curious. I shook my head. This time taking Chanyeol’s juice.

“I talked to my classmate, Bom, but that’s it.”

“You should start making some friends. We’re not in school anymore, Dara.” This time Baekhyun spoke up, his hand was still his head when Jongdae hit him.

“Well, all of you are my friends, right?”

“No. they are mine,” Chanyeol remarked, taking back his juice from my hands. “You’re just sticking with us because you are my twin.”

As he said that, everyone went quiet. I felt my throat dry at his answer. It was actually true. These three boys were Chanyeol’s best friends and I only got to know them because I always follow Chanyeol around. Chanyeol actually did not mind that but maybe he got annoyed with me now. I bit my lower lip, suddenly felt ashamed at it. I could feel how my face had turned red and hot.

“Fine. Sorry.”

I quickly grabbed my bag and my phone before escaping from there. I could feel my eyes watering. Furious with myself, I brushed away the stupid tears and started to walk.

“Wait, she’s crying.” I heard Jongin say to the others, making all of them whipped to look at me. I quickened my steps but the sudden tug on my hand made me stop.

“Hey, Dara noona. I-I didn’t mean that.” Chanyeol’s voice was shaking but I didn’t even turn to him. Pulling away from my hand from his grip, I ran.

 

 

 

 

This was why I didn’t have any friends.

I was lucky that all of my classes were canceled for today. I should just go home and sleep but it was lonely at home since mom and dad were still working at this hour so I wanted to stick with my twin. But looks like he didn’t want me there.

I sat on the ground at the corner of the classroom. Actually, this was Chanyeol’s class. I’d always come here to be with Chanyeol but now, the classroom was empty so I just come there without telling anyone. I pulled out my phone, putting the earbuds into my ears. This Is How I Disappear by my Chemical Romance was in the maximum volume.

Would you like to know why I didn’t have any friends? First was like what happened with Chanyeol and the boys. I was a girl who easily get offended by any small action or words. I always sulked, was selfish, and cried easily. I may listen to My Chemical Romance, Slipknot, Bring Me The Horizon but Chanyeol once said that this kind of song actually did not suit me at all. Well, if you know these bands, you would know why Chanyeol said that.

Because of this attitude of mine, girls in my school always talk behind me about it. I did not know about it at first but Chanyeol suddenly pulled me away from the girls when we were gossiping around, throwing a glare at them, and walked away with me. When I asked him, he told me about it and talked to me about how he hated that they were not being honest with me at all. I was crying like crazy that time. Since that, Chanyeol was the only person that was able to stand me. I loved him so much that it scared me if he would hate me one day.

That one day had come anyway.

This also had changed how I behave around people. Other than easily crying, I also was really shy with other people. It was really hard for me to socialize around or even maintain eye contact because I was scared that people would know how fragile I really was. Even Chanyeol’s best friends were having a hard time before they finally got to talk with me comfortably.

I felt someone suddenly shake me. I opened my eyes and found a blonde boy staring at me amusedly. I pulled out the earbuds from my ears, quickly putting them into my bag as I stood abruptly.

“Yah, Sandara!”

The voice from outside of the class made me alarmed. It must be Chanyeol. There was only one door to get into the class and if I walk there, Chanyeol would definitely find me. Panic, I turned around if there was a place I could use to get out of there.

“Are you running away from your twin?”

The same blonde boy asked me. The amusement was still clear on his face. I could feel my face start to blush madly but managed a nod. I did not know who he was but maybe he was Chanyeol’s coursemate. He was staring at me right into my eyes made me quickly look down at my shoes. I really did not like eye contact at all. Especially with strangers.

He offered me a small smile before he walked past me and flipped the red curtain just above where I sat before. I watched as he opened the window and looked back at me, still smiling.

“Faster. Chanyeol would find you if you don’t.” he offered me his hand to help me climb the window, but it only made me blush harder at his gesture. The only males that got to touch my hands were Chanyeol and my dad, also his friends because I did know them. This boy, I did not him at all. I did not think I’d ever seen him either.

I was sure he saw red my face was because he nodded to himself as if he understood me. He then took the nearest chair and put it near the window. “Hurry, Dara. Careful.”

I ignored the fact that my heart suddenly beat fast when he just called my name and climbed the chair before scampering away from there, not even thanking the boy.

 

 

 

I walked back home, not even waiting for Chanyeol. Sure, we were close to each other but that doesn’t mean we did not fight at all. It was always him that got mad at me but then he would quickly apologize. Sometimes I wonder if it was my fault or him that got us to fight.

When the night came, I locked myself in my room. Mom came to my room, knocking on the door, calling for dinner but I told her that I was not hungry. That’s obviously a lie because I haven’t eaten anything except a piece of my twin’s chicken this morning. I wished I did not eat that, maybe that was the reason that he was pissed with me.

I was ready to go to sleep when my door suddenly opened. Chanyeol was standing in front of my room, with a bucket of KFC in his right hand and a hairpin on the other. I was expecting that actually because this was not the first time I sulk and lock myself. Still upset, I pulled my blanket over my head and ignored him. He closed the door and then I felt my bed dip.

“Noona.” Said my twin who was a few minutes younger than me. “I did not mean that.”

Silence.

“I mean, they are my friends, and yours too. It’s just that I know them first before you.”

I gripped my blanket tighter.

“Come on. I’m sorry. You know I love you, right?

That’s it. I slowly peek at him from under my blanket.

“The boys say that you are their friend too. We bought this chicken because you love it. Let’s eat. I know you are hungry.”

Just like that, I got out from under the blanket and sat next to him. I eat the chicken without even glancing at him, which made him chuckle. I felt my twin hold my head with his big palm and placed a kiss on the side of my head. Slowly, a smile spread on my face.

If I ever got a boyfriend, I want someone like my twin.

 

 

 

 

“Chanyeol’s noona!” Jongin greeted me from where he was sitting. He was too loud that everyone in the classroom looked up to me. I quickly hid behind Chanyeol to avoid the stares.

“Are you okay? Sorry, girl. Chanyeol is a bad brother.” Baekhyun grinned, earning a punch on his shoulder from Chanyeol.

I was in Chanyeol’s classroom again, just like every other day. I really like it here. There were a lot of musical instruments and the students here did not care at all if I came here. They always say hi to me, which I shyly reply to their greetings.

I sat quietly beside Chanyeol, observing him starting to work with his music sheet. In a few weeks, Chanyeol and some of his friends would be joining a competition to get a title as the university’s band. It sounded stupid to me but Chanyeol was really serious about it so I gave him my support by helping him to give comments on his song and music.

“Yeol.” A pair of shoes appeared in my vision. “Can I see that music sheet?”

“Sure, hyung. Why don’t you sit? I need your help here.”

The person who was standing before now took a sit in front of me. I did not look up to him because it would be awkward. I kept my head low, trying to avoid any communication with whoever this hyung was. This hyung was a little bit close for my comfort that I shifted closer to my twin. And then, I heard him chuckle.

“Jiyong hyung, who do you think should sing the chorus part? Baek or Jongdae?”

The Jiyong hyung then called the two boys, telling them to try to sing the part. I slowly looked up to watch them sing. It was really good that I clapped after every two of them finish singing.

“Who do you think suits the part?”

Jiyong suddenly asked. At first, I thought that he was asking Chanyeol, but when my twin nudged me and raise his eyebrow, I turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter