Cherry Blossoms

Love Playlist

 

 

 

J A N G   W O N Y O U N G    X    L E E   E U I W O O N G
 

__________________________________________________

 

Our unforgettable voices and stories
Are filled with my heart for you

- Love Whisper, 2017

 

 


 

CHERRY BLOSSOMS

 

Being a friend of the person you like somehow give you mixed feelings whether you want to stay beside them or confess your feelings. How great would it be if you're deadly sure about their feelings towards you so that you could be open about yours too? But what if they never show any signs of liking you or hating you or wanting you to stay as a friend and not more than that?

After the encounter with the bright girl at the last shooting stars show, Euiwoong had made up his mind that he wanted to confess towards the one he likes. Somehow he has been liking the girl for years and it's about the time for him to come clean with his feelings. Though there will be no assurance on how the girl would react to it but Euiwoong believe this would be the best solution he could think of at this moment.

As usual, the two of them were already on their way to school together, "Are you going to the library again, today?" Euiwoong casually asked while they're walking across the road. But then his hand automatically went to the back of the girl, making sure she was walking ahead of him.

The girl elevated her head and took a glance at the boy beside him. Though she's a few years younger than Euiwoong but then her height was actually quite high compared to the other girls in her age, "I think so, since I still have one assignment left to be done before spring ended," She replied to his question, "But you don't have to follow me if you don't want to. I will be fine alone,"

"No," Euiwoong quickly interrupted, "I will go to the library with you," He insisted and the girl simply jerked, "Then, I'll see you later after class," The latter bid a goodbye when they're already standing in front of the girl's class.

The walk was surprisingly felt short today.

"Jang Wonyoung!" Her name was being called as soon as she took a step into the class. All of the attention went to her and today too, as usual, everyone would praise her, saying how beautiful she looks though she wore the same school uniform as any of them. Probably, her tall figure and her cute face, or should we say pretty, making the uniform look more special.

Wonyoung naturally secured her spot with Kim Nayoung as her deskmate, "As expected, our visual," The girl was so quick when it comes to best friend. She knows how red Wonyoung's face could be every time she called her a visual, "Also, did Euiwoong sent you here again?" She interestingly asked. 

"Yes?" Wonyoung had frowned when being urged by the question. She didn't know whether her reply should have a question mark or not, "Why? He has always been doing that though," She claimed but she knows her friend wouldn't think it in such a simple way. Nayoung loves to complicate things.

She put her two fingers on her chin, acting as if she's thinking something, "His class is in another block, so why would he sent you every single day without miss?" Nayoung looked at Wonyoung with her eyebrows furrowed, "Don't you think that Euiwoong has some---"

"Stop with your ridiculous thought and eat this bread, I brought it at the newest bakery in front of our school," Wonyoung shoved the bun inside Nayoung's mouth to shut . If she didn't do that, she would continually spout out nonsense and Wonyoung sure she didn't want to taint her mind with anything impossible.

Like how Euiwoong could have a crush on her... Well, expertly, Euiwoong treated her nice because he perceived her as a younger sister. Not more than that. Plus, it has been more than 10 years since they know each other. If Euiwoong ever liked her, she would know it better than anyone else.

Nayoung chewed on the bread as she read the expression Wonyoung had on her face. Jang Wonyoung, you could never lie to yourself that you actually had a crush on Euiwoong. She let the words stayed in her mind, "Oh, Wonyoung," Nayoung reminded of something, "You said you bought this from the new bakery in front of our school right?" Wonyoung nodded, "I'm going to start my part-time work there, today!"

Her friend's eyes widened, most likely felt shocked with the news, "You're going to work part-time?" Nayoung raised both of her eyebrows, "How did you even past? I mean we're still not at the age that we could work," Wonyoung flustered.

"Oh, that," Nayoung awkwardly let her lips produced a smile before she reached the nape of her neck, "As usual, I lied about my age. You know, I actually look older than my age, unlike you," She claimed but Wonyoung found it absurd. Seriously, everyone would perceive her as someone young. Both of them equally had a baby-face. That's it, no argument.

Wonyoung could feel Nayoung was lying to her but then as she wanted to seek her more, the first teacher for today's class appeared behind the close door. All of the students devoted their attention towards him and focus on the class instead of talking to their deskmates. Because the teacher they had in front of their class at the moment hates someone who talked in his class the most.

The school surprisingly ended so fast as they're already at the last minute of their class. As soon as the bell rang, all of the students rushed themselves to go back to house but for both Wonyoung and Nayoung, they had something else to do and there will be no way for them to budge it, "Let's go," Wonyoung told the girl who was currently keeping all of her stuff into her bag pack.

Her friend toss back her head before followed her from behind but as soon as they come out from the class, a familiar figure was already there waiting for Wonyoung, "Oh, Euiwoong," Wonyoung passed an awkward look towards Nayoung, internally saying sorry to her that she couldn't walk the girl to her part-time workplace today.

"Euiwoong, hi," Nayoung greeted him. Though the boy was a few years older than her but then she had no thought to dub him as 'oppa' or 'sunbae' as it cringed her a lot, "So, I think I need to go now because I don't want to disturb a lovely couple moment," She had raised her two fingers, making a V-sign before folding it, interpreting a rabbit ears, "See you tonight."

Wonyoung gnawed with her lips as her hand tightly held onto her bag's sling. "Don't mind Nayoung. She loves to tease me," She claimed and started to walk, leaving the boy behind though she could feel her cheeks flushed at the moment, having the same colour as the tint she decided to apply today.

The boy quickly catch up with her as he walked beside her, "Hey, Wonyoung," He softly called out for the girl's name and somehow made her flustered, "Are you hungry?" Euiwoong concernedly asked but he immediately pouted when he marked Wonyoung shook, "Okay, then we will grab something later after you had done with your work." 

"Are you hungry?" Wonyoung diverted her eyes towards Euiwoong, "If you're hungry, we could just go and grab a quick lunch, I don't mind though," Euiwoong replied her statement with another shook, "Okay, but don't come and complain to me later said you're hungry." She shrugged her shoulders.

The latter startled when suddenly she could feel someone was ruffling her hair, "I would only be hungry when you're hungry," Euiwoong made an exclamation as he passed a bright smile towards the girl. Wonyoung bit her lower lips and locked her eyes on the ground instead of looking at the boy.

The distance between Wonyoung's class and library probably took five minutes of walking and from Euiwoong's class, it would most likely take two minutes of walking. It would be easier if Euiwoong goes straight to the library after his class but then the urge to walk with Wonyoung is high so he had no other choice other than to do more work.

At long last, the two secured the vacant seat beside the window with a cherry blossom tree outside of it. They allowed their eyes stared onto the outstanding tree coloured in pink, "It's really the best the seat ever," Wonyoung stated as she took the book she needs to use for the assignment, "I'm going to find for more books," She told him and Euiwoong simply nodded as a respond.

When she left, Euiwoong took out his Mathematics book as the boy too, also had a homework need to be done by tomorrow, "How can I say this to her?" He played with the pen in his hand, "I mean it's impossible for her to like me, right?" Euiwoong frowned as he stared at the Mathematics problems in front of him. Out of sudden, he didn't know how to count the numbers though in fact he always aced in the subject.

"Who did you like?" Wonyoung surprisingly slammed the thick book on the table as she flashed a beatific smile towards the boy. Euiwoong gulped, clearing his throat as his eyes met hers, "Lee Euiwoong, chill," She chuckled as she seized the seat, "Just focus on your problems. I could probably get my assignment done faster than you if you kept spacing out."

Wonyoung started to flick through the book and all she could do now is frown at every single scientific word she perceived in the book. Seriously, science would never be her cup of tea but then she totally likes the topic her teacher gave her for the assignment this time. It's involving flowers.

They need to do a research on a particular type of trees or flowers; or both and talked about its growth, its meaning and other things they could find on it. Basically, everything about the tree or flower they chose. And Wonyoung? As the top students in the class, she had a priority to choose for a topic and straight away, she shouted Cherry Blossom as her topic.

"What do you need to do?" Euiwoong concernedly asked as he couldn't take his eyes off from the girl who kept frowning as she scanned the book, "You look so serious," He let out a small laugh causing the girl to roll her eyes.

She heaved out a sigh, "I need to do a report on flowers," Wonyoung declared as her eyes still wandered on the book, "Don't talk to me, I need to focus," She put her palm right in front of his face to stop the boy from talking. Euiwoong silently shook his head as he focused back on the problems he needs to solve.

The two suddenly focused on their respective works, refusing to talk to one another. Euiwoong had constantly swung his legs when he failed to get the answer to a particular question while Wonyoung kept sighing when she encountered an unfamiliar scientific word in the book. The silence continued for another an hour until, at long last, Euiwoong could finally close his book.

"I'm done," He declared but the girl gave him zero attention as she still locked her eyes on the reference book. She had kept her forehead frowned through every word she went through, and her fingers actively swaying the pen she had in her hand. 

Sometimes she would write the fact she found in the book on the white paper beside her but sometimes she would take out her phone and most likely started to google something before continued noting it. When she found her long hair disturbed her focused, she tucked her hair behind her ears.

It basically affected Euiwoong right in his heart when she accomplished that. Now, he could finally see the tiny mole Wonyoung had beside her right eyes. The mole actually made the girl look pretty and beautiful; any other words equivalent to it. In Euiwoong's eyes, Wonyoung is the most perfect girl he ever encounters in his life.

Yes, he could admit that he didn't know too much girls in his life since he devoted his life mostly to study but then the more he knows Wonyoung, the more he fell for her. Ever since they're a child, Wonyoung has inevitably been behind him, following the boy to whenever he went; mart, playground, field, precisely everywhere. And now, she has grown up to someone he could never think she would be.

The little girl who loves to follow him back then when they're still a child, is now has become a beautiful girl where everyone admires her and wanted her to become their partner. That's probably one of the benefits Euiwoong had by his side since Wonyoung knows no one other than him. She didn't talk to boys and mostly only will interact with her best friend, Kim Nayoung.

"I know that I'm pretty but you could stop staring at me," She made a statement with her hand moving and writing something on the paper. Euiwoong choked over the sudden words came out from her, "Euiwoong, what do you think about cherry blossoms?" He had frowned when Wonyoung urged it, "Oh, I chose cherry blossoms as my main topic," She explained when she perceived Euiwoong's expression.

Euiwoong hummed to her question, "Do you need my general opinion or the real fact about cherry blossoms?" Wonyoung raised both of her eyebrows, waiting for the next words from the girl as she gives a pressure towards Euiwoong, acting as if she's expecting a lot from the boy, "Okay, you should stop staring at me like that," He complained and received a chuckle from Wonyoung.

"That's exactly how I felt when you stared at me just now," Wonyoung claimed and let her lips curved upwards, producing a smile while displaying her pearly teeth.

The boy pouted his lips before levelled his eyes, "Okay, basically for Korean people, it means purity or beauty," Wonyoung jerked, "But for me," Euiwoong had paused as he changed his direction of eyes towards the cherry blossoms outside the windows, "Cherry blossoms bloomed once a year which is when it's spring season. But don't you think it's sad when you have to see the flowers only for a particular month and needs to wait for another seasons to come by to see it again? I think cherry blossoms are one of the most beautiful flowers exist, like you," He didn't realize he just declared those and only noticed it when Wonyoung flicked her fingers right in front of his face.

"Like what? Like me?" Wonyoung questioned the words uttered by him, "So, you want to say I'm the most beautiful girl in the world?" Euiwoong turned his attention towards the girl and blinked his eyes for several times, "Lee Euiwoong, I'm talking to you," She continuously asked when the boy stays quiet.

The latter flashed a sheepish smile as his hand wandered to the nape of his neck, "Did I just say that?" He sought, "Well, it's true though, you're the most beautiful girl I ever met in my entire life," Euiwoong's sudden confession startled Wonyoung because as far she remembers Euiwoong rarely compliments her.

"Because you never befriend with any other girls except me, isn't it?"

Wonyoung chuckled but quickly being cut off by Euiwoong, "That's true but I'm not playing around, Wonyoung. I like you, not as my sister but as a boy to a girl," He confessed, flustered the girl even more, "Maybe you find it weird and maybe you didn't see me more than your older brother but I truly like you, now or back then, my feelings for you never changed,"

"Eu--Euiwoong, what are you talking about?" She asked stuttering with her eyes shaking, "Why are you acting weird out of sudden?" Wonyoung continued.

Euiwoong gnawed with his lips, "I've been contemplating on how should I confess to you because I had no idea whether you like me too or not. I'm not asking you to answer my confession now, you could take your time, as much as you want but I just want you to know my feelings for you," He flashed an assuring smile towards the girl, "So, you're done with your assignment, right? Let's go and grab something to eat, I'm hungry,"

The boy packed his things into the bag and started to walk first, leaving the girl behind as he felt awkward by the sudden confession but then when he was about to take a step out from the library, he could feel someone winded their arms around his. Euiwoong turned his head and he could see it's Wonyoung who did that.

"Why?" She smiled, "Let's go and eat. You're hungry right?" Wonyoung tightly hold onto his arms and mostly Euiwoong flustered because this would be the first time the girl ever made a bold skinship with him.

At the end, he nodded and continued their journey to the nearest restaurant that caught their attention. So, there will be a happy ending for the two of them, right?