Hey, Ms. Bread

Love Playlist

 

 

 

K I M   N A Y O U N G    X    J U   H A K N Y E O N

 

__________________________________________________

 

Do you know? I think of you several times a day
I can’t show it but actually, I fall in love

- Clean, 2016

 

 


 

HEY, MS. BREAD

 

Wasn't it humorous when some people believed if a boy; practically a boy loves to provoke you, that's mean they had something for you. As in other words, the boy likes you. Correctly, it wasn't impossible for the boy to have some sort of feelings towards you but then... if he genuinely likes you, then, the first thing he should do probably stop bothering you too much. He didn't perceive it but the stuff he did towards you, irritated you so much and most probably adding more reason for you to not fall for him. 

Though... at the end, only you could determine your fate. 

Bet, the same thing happened to Nayoung when she decided to work at the bakery near her school. Sincerely saying, her family could afford her monthly allowance, in fact; she received more money than any other kids at her age. But then, she absolutely enjoys the scent in the bakery. The smell of bread, pastries and even coffee. It made her happy without she realized. 

She was quite fortunate when the owner of the bakery was her mother's friend, so she obtained the position for the part-time work in the easiest way. No interview, just by telling her name and her family status. Though it could be easy for her, Nayoung never conceives it as an advantage. When she applied for the work, she knows she needs to do the best for it except for the fact she is, however, a student. So, her time frame wasn't really flexible for the shift but the owner could tolerate with it. 

Declare it again; she's the daughter of the owner's friend. 

Like any other day, Nayoung had barely done with the school but then she didn't want to go straight towards the bakery since there's an annoying boy there who would be questioning her life till her shift over, so Nayoung decided to change her uniform to something casual in the toilet at the school. Wonyoung had nothing to complain since Nayoung already said she lied about her age when she merely didn't want to tell Wonyoung about her obsession on bread. Wonyoung might grasp it by now but she didn't feel comfortable to reveal to anyone about it. 

Okay, there's a reason why Nayoung did that. There's one time when the character; most likely a mascot for a broadcaster in Japan becomes popular. Bet, you would be more familiar with its name, Domo Kun. Accordingly, the story is Nayoung had been wearing the backpack with Domo Kun character on it and when people asked it, she would simply say she loves the mascot because it's adorable. 

But guess what she received on the very next day? Yes, her table fulls with various types of Domo Kun's merchandises and she didn't identify who place it on the table. Almost every day, for the whole week. That's likely the biggest reason why Nayoung wanted to conceal the fact she likes bread. She was deadly sure she didn't want to perceive a table full with slices of bread. 

After she had done change her uniform, Nayoung walked out from the school with a light step and surprisingly today, the guard didn't prop her and asked why she didn't wear her uniform. Most likely, they already recognized Nayoung in the first place. Nayoung walked for about 300 meters before she encountered a crosswalk where she needs to cross the road to reach the place where she works for. 

As she was waiting for the traffic light to turn red and provided a space for her to cross, she could feel a tall guy was currently standing beside her with his eyes locked on her. It's fine if it's someone from school but what if someone indeed wants to hurt her? 

Damn, this is so nerve-racking. 

When the traffic light changed its colour, Nayoung fastened her walk and that's when someone captured her wrist, "Hey, calm down," The voice greeted her. Wait... she recognizes this voice. Nayoung slowly turned her head around to perceive the tall boy was, in fact, the boy she had mentioned a moment ago. 

The annoying boy. 

The latter passed a fierce gaze towards the boy as she snapped her hand from his grip, "You're scaring me out," Nayoung complained before continued walking as the timer showed they had less than 10 seconds to cross the road. As soon as they reached the end of the road, the girl could hear a chuckle coming out from the boy's lips and again, she looked at the boy with a glare, "What do you want, Ju Haknyeon?" She scoffed. 

Haknyeon was taken aback by her response but still managed to maintain a beatific smile on his face. Why must he do look annoyingly good? Nayoung heaved out a silent sigh as she let those words stayed in her mind, "I just want to walk with you since we're heading towards the same place," The boy explained though he didn't have any idea why he needs to do that. 

"Aren't you working for a morning shift today?" Nayoung sought him with the question. As far as she remembered, Haknyeon should be working on the morning shift instead of the evening one. 

Seriously, Nayoung couldn't understand why Haknyeon never set his smile aside; not even once, neither when he talked to her or anyone else in the shop nor when he teased her. Just imagine how annoying could it be when Nayoung couldn't even get mad at him because of his charming smile? Damn. 

"Because I want to work with the same time as you," Nayoung had choked when Haknyeon declared those. She frowned as she allowed her eyes on Haknyeon, "Why? I just want to be with you so that I could bother you as much as I want," Nayoung rolled her eyes upon his last words, "Why? Are you expecting for me to mention something cheesy; probably I like you?" 

The girl had no idea why but when the words 'I like you' came out from his lips, her cheeks were burning up and she could feel the butterflies that have been put in a rest for the past few months suddenly flapping their wings, being excited with the situation. 

"I could expect that from you. So, it wasn't a surprise anymore," She took a lot of courage to utter those before she stomped her legs, pushed the door and entered the bakery. She greeted the worker at the cashier before went to the changing room, to keep her stuff away. 

Haknyeon at the back just stared at the girl who was currently walking away from him and he absolutely found she's cute whenever he provoked her. Haknyeon wanted to mark her reaction again and again. That's why it's hard for him to stop teasing the girl though he knows Nayoung loathes him a lot. 

Like any other days, Nayoung worked at the counter, taking orders from the customer. Since the bakery provided coffee and a place to eat so it actually added her job as she also a barista in the bakery. Thanks to the special class her mother applied for her every weekend, she had a fundamental knowledge on how to on the coffee maker and easily complete an Americano as the start.

By the time, she started to learn how to make other flavours of coffees and she couldn't be happier than that. She totally appreciates her job more than the history subject she learns in the class. She should drop out of the school and focus on her work instead. 

Ugh, how she wished she could do that. 

At long last, it's the break time for her and she just needs to consume fresh air from the outside of the shop. Sometimes, being too long in the bakery, smelling the bread could make her nose stuff too. But that doesn't mean she would stop with her job anytime soon. She still loves the place, though... she would say the existence of Haknyeon in her life disturbed her to the point she wanted to resign. 

Anyway, for the sake of getting experience, she successfully endures all of the mocks from Haknyeon. She was currently making her way to the rooftop as she found that's the most peaceful place for her to take a rest whenever she had a break time. 

Nayoung twisted the knob, fling open the close door before took a step forward and finally absorb the fresh air from the surroundings. She wouldn't say the air was extremely clean since there's a lot of metal buildings all around her but then it's enough to satisfy her. She walked towards the long bench provided on the rooftop and took a sit on it. 

Her eyes locked on the breathtaking view ahead of her as she could mark Namsan Tower from here. She consistently had the romance of wanting to go to the tower with her future boyfriend. 

Yes, future boyfriend, she didn't know whether he existed or not. 

Her mind suddenly wandered around to the moment she shared with Haknyeon a few days ago. It's pretty embarrassing and Nayoung sure she wouldn't tell anyone about it, not even Wonyoung. So the thing is, the store room's door in the shop could never be close or else you will be locked in it. Nayoung had been extremely cautious whenever she wanted to take something; she would put a small bench or a box so that the door won't close. 

But luck wouldn't be on her side when she entered the room to take the flour to be used for bread and didn't realize Haknyeon followed her from behind. Guess what he did? He altogether removed the box she put at the door with a reason, it blocked his way. 

Damn. He's undoubtedly a troublemaker.

So, ended up both Haknyeon and Nayoung locked in the same room for freaking 30 minutes before other workers finally marked them missing. She was quite lucky when Haknyeon did nothing to her other than... Nayoung was about to hit the boy but he quickly captured her wrist, forcing the girl closer towards him. Her eyes met with the taller boy as she gulped, clearing , feeling her heart thumped so hard, wanting to jump out from her chest. 

She swears to God if she could choose one time to go back and change the past, that particular moment would be her choice. Because of that stupid encounter, she finally discovered her true feelings towards the boy. 

The boy had inevitably been annoying to her all the time without any exception.

"Hey, Ms. Bread," The boy called out for Nayoung when she had been spacing out for the past five minutes he's here. She would usually act as if she's annoyed every time she saw Haknyeon but now... she pretended like she didn't care about it at all. 

Girls are complicated. 

Haknyeon stood in front of Nayoung but still no response coming from her. He bent his knees, meeting the girl's eyes, and Nayoung startled to perceive the distance she had with the boy was just a few inches away. 

She automatically moved backward but she overlooked the fact the chair didn't have any support so she lost her stability and was in the vicinity of falling. Not until Haknyeon managed to take hold of her on time by placing his arms around her waist while his other hand held onto the girl's wrist. 

Their eyes met and Nayoung could offer nothing but to stare into his eyes as she felt she was drowning in it. He's undoubtedly perfect; his deep brown eyes totally captivated her; his pointed nose perfect to be fit with hers, and those kissable plump lips... 

No, she shouldn't do this... She shouldn't... 

Without a notice, Haknyeon already leaned forward as he put their lips together and Nayoung could feel her body caused a reaction as if she was just attacked by electric shock. That's her supposed to be her first kiss. Damn. 

Nayoung quickly pulled out and placed her palm on her lips. She looked at Haknyeon with a quizzical expression, demanding a logical reason for why he accomplished that. But all he could give her at the moment will probably the same look as the girl. He's speechless and clueless... 

Presumably had nothing to explain on what happened just now. 

The girl had her eyes teary because all of it was wholly a surprise to her. She knows if she stayed longer here, then, she would really burst into tears in front of the boy she dislikes the most in the world. 

Haknyeon clutched her wrist again for the nth times today as she wanted to flee from the rooftop, "N--Nayoung," He had stuttered when he finally grasped the real situation. He terribly made a mistake, "I--I could explain." 

The latter turned around with a bead of tears escaped her eyes, "I hate you, I swear I hate you, Ju Haknyeon," She snatched her hand and running downstairs; gathering her stuff and left the work for that day. Maybe, just maybe, she should never work at the bakery from the start. 

She should never meet a boy named Ju Haknyeon from the start. 

The day ended so fast as it's at present 7 pm in the evening. Nayoung hadn't yet reached her home after she took off from her work. She felt she didn't want to go home now. She had called Wonyoung asking on her whereabouts but then the girl was totally busy with Euiwoong so Nayoung didn't want to disturb her. She would give a call to her sister, Kim Shihyun but she already could imagine how the older girl would ridicule her on it. So, skip. 

Nayoung was currently wandering around the Han river and again she encountered a bench but this time it has a support for their backs. She took a sit, allowing her eyes on the river in front of her. Nayoung heaved out a deep sigh as she gnawed her lips and her fingers constantly touched it whenever her mind recalled the moment she had with Haknyeon just now. 

She really didn't expect for Haknyeon to bother her till that extent. She didn't mind if he wanted to ridicule her but... not kissing her and on top of that, it's her freaking first kiss! 

"Nayoung," Damn, she was pretty sure she didn't want to hear this voice anytime soon, "Kim Nayoung." 

Upon her name being called for the second time, Nayoung turned around to perceive Haknyeon was currently standing beside where she sat. She abruptly stood up and wanting to leave but yes, the boy managed to grasp her in his grip. 

"What the hell do you want, Ju Haknyeon?" Nayoung's stare could pierce his heart at the moment, "Don't you think you had done enough?" She was suspecting his motive in following the girl till here. 

Haknyeon nibbled with his lips, "I'm sorry," He muttered but could be noted by the girl in front of him. 

Nayoung snorted, "How easy you say sorry after you freaking make a chaos in my life, huh? Do you think you could ever return the kiss you took from me? No right? So, stop acting like you're sorry for what you had done, Ju Haknyeon. You had no idea on how miserable my life is after you appeared. My peaceful life becomes so chaotic within a second. I had no idea why I kept thinking about you when all you did to me was probably hurting me with your absurd statements and your extraordinary ridiculous gesture on me. Just leave me alone, Haknyeon." 

He was speechless. He lost words when Nayoung finally spilled out her true feelings only after a month she worked with him. Haknyeon didn't know he could bear that much impact in the girl's life because if he knows... he wouldn't start any of it from the start. 

"I will quit the work, so you could continue working. I lied about my age. I'm not at the same age as you and in fact, I'm a lot younger than you. I thought I would be okay to treat you like any other guy friends I had but I bet it wasn't okay at all. Just stop paying too much attention towards me because I might fall for you if you kept doing this." Nayoung had done with her lengthy speech before abandoned the boy behind dumbfounded.