Only You

Love Playlist

 

 

 

M I Y A W A K I   S A K U R A    X    T A K A D A   K E N T A
 

__________________________________________________

 

No matter how much I look and look
Look and look, a girl I want to keep looking at
You’re the one for me

- Oasis, 2016

 

 


 

ONLY YOU

 

Once you've been hurt, you're so scared to get attached again; you have a fear that every person is going to break your heart. You distanced yourself from everyone else, not wanting to accept their offer in helping you to move one because of you merely afraid... that you might fall for the wrong person again. Somehow, though you've been avoiding it for so many times, you still couldn't push it away when the right person appeared in front of you. No matter how hard you tried, that particular person will helplessly pop out in your mind, forcing you to do nothing but to actually accept the fate written for you.

So did Miyawaki Sakura, after the previous break up with her boyfriend, she still couldn't accept anyone to enter her life. Knowing that the reason behind why he broke up with her solely because he had someone else made she thinks she wasn't good enough for anyone. She becomes fragile, a lot more than she thought she would. But not until one particular boy appeared in her life. Not until a boy named Takada Kenta managed to open her heart back and learn how to love someone again.

We could say it's not easy for both of them. Kenta needs to leave his family in Japan while Sakura? Being in a foreign country wasn't easy at all for her. With both of them need to overcome the language barrier they had in themselves, having no one to rely upon whenever they require someone to lend their shoulders. With both of them need to overcome the language barrier they had in themselves, having no one to rely upon whenever they require someone to lend their shoulders.

When Sakura met Kenta for the first time, she perceived him as a typical Japanese guy who wants to get to know her. After all, she's one of the genii exists in the university and the only Japanese girl in the course. It's amazing on how she could skip middle school and go straight to high school at a young age and finally being admitted to the university at the aged 16 years old. Currently, she's at present in her last year of taking Degree in Mathematics at the most prestigious university in Korea.

Instead of being casual towards Sakura who was three years younger than him, Kenta frequently addressed her as a senior and told her that he urgently needs a lot of help from her as he didn't know Korea well. For all the moment he had been here, there will be none of the days he wouldn't bug Sakura, requesting her to take him around the campus, showing to him interesting places in it. And sometimes he even asked the girl out every weekend so that he would spend a little more time with her around Korea.

Sakura knows she wasn't ready yet to open her heart towards anyone else but what can she possibly when the boy always appeared right in front of her eyes at the most unexpected times? She couldn't even push him away as she needs to admit she might probably attach to the boy more than she thought she would. She never had a brother before and being the oldest in her family, forcing her to be without someone that she could rely upon, telling all of her problems. So she did. She reported Kenta everything about her life including her past boyfriend.

Well, for Kenta? At first, yes, he approached her because she looks pretty and just merely because she's one of the top students in the university. Hence, he thought he could take it as an advantage and tried so hard to get her attention. But then, when he learned to know her, Kenta didn't realize but to gradually fall for the girl. Falling in love with the girl named Miyawaki Sakura.

After listening to her breakup story, of course, he could expect even if he ever confessed towards the girl, the probability of getting rejected is high. But then, that doesn't mean he could give up on his feelings. The girl deserves to be happy more than anyone else and the boy who leaves her behind, would probably the stupidest human ever exist in the world. How could he ever leave a perfect girl like Sakura?

So, in the end, he did. He confessed to Sakura. It caught him by surprise when Sakura said yes to his confession with a reason she needs to allow someone else the chance to make her happy. Kenta couldn't lie to himself that it's him who gets the chance. Sakura provides with him the chance he thought she wouldn't give anyone any time soon. But she gives him and he couldn't waste the opportunity.

After five months of wooing the girl, finally he managed to date the girl he adores the most and as of now, it has been three months since they date each other. Today too, like any other day, they would have their lunch together, making the whole campus being jealous over their relationship. Mostly they're questioning the fact Sakura has been pushing everyone away for the past two years and ultimately accepted a boy in her life. On top of that, he's a new student.

But then they couldn't deny they do make a lovely couple and probably the only one matters in the campus, "Hey, you're here," Kenta stood right in front of Sakura's table with a tray of food in his hand. He placed the tray down and gripped the vacant seat in front of the girl, "How's your class today?" He urged. Though they're in the same course but since Sakura is a senior student, they don't really have any mutual class.

"Hm," She pouted her lips as she locked her eyes on Kenta, "Not really good. The lecturer informed me that I dropped my grade, and she's condemning you and I'm not so happy by that," She tightly clenched onto the chopsticks in her hand as her face suddenly reddens, "She's the one who should take the blame since she couldn't teach me right!" Sakura exclaimed, received a slight chuckle from Kenta.

The latter then reached his hand towards Sakura before ruffled the girl's hair, "Hey, you could always do it better next time, right?" Kenta was assuring the girl, flashing a smile with his snaggletooth could be seen. That's most likely the biggest charm Kenta had, his snaggletooth, "Okay, let's go and grab your favourite smoothie after class okay? I'm going to wait for you at the entrance," He notified her, making the girl to finally produce a smile.

"This is why I love you," Her lips curved upwards as she continued to savour the food in front of her without caring on what she will look like at the end of the meal. Kenta just let out a slight laugh, looking satisfied with the reaction gave by the girl, "I know that my face is so gorgeous but you should eat your food instead of staring at my face," Sakura uttered with full with foods.

Kenta offered his fingers towards the girl's side lips and get rid of the rice stuck beside it, "And you should eat in a more exquisite manner. Stop having rice stuck everywhere on your face," The boy complained before eats the rice he took from the girl.

"And you too, need to stop eating everything came from me," Sakura whined as she forcefully put down the spoon she held, "You're really annoying, you know that right? How could you tell me to not do anything, but you kept doing it? It isn't fair you know!" She crossed her arms, pouting her lips.

Instead of responding to her words, Kenta imposed a peck on his two fingers before placing it on the girl's lips, "You know I can't handle the grumpy Sakura right?" He winked at her, flustered the girl, "Do you really want me to kiss you right in front of so many people?" Kenta threatened the girl but most likely he won't have any courage to do so, though.

"I will see you right after class," Sakura stood up from the chair, lifted her tray before slowly walking away but Kenta managed to halt her from going by grabbing onto her wrist, "What?" She annoyingly asked the boy.  

Kenta flashed a smile, bobbed his head, "Just, I want to see your face because I think I'm going to miss you," He said before letting her hand go, "Now that I see it, I think I can get through the whole day," The latter mentioned.

The boy didn't have any class left after lunch while Sakura had two classes more which make Kenta needs to wait her for three hours. He was currently sitting on the bench near the faculty, alone, flicking through the book he lent from the library a few days ago when suddenly a message came through his phone. He unlocked the phone and clicked on the message appeared on the screen.

"Miyu?" He frowned upon identifying her name, "What? She's in Korea?" Kenta's eyes widened to the sudden news, "What did she do her----," He couldn't complete his words when he could heed a familiar voice attacked his ears.  

The latter toss back his head around to mark someone he didn't expect to see her here, "Kenta!" She flapped her hand up in the air with a cheerful smile plastered on her face, "How are you, my brother?" Miyu greeted him as she winded her arms around his.  

"Wh--What are you doing here?" Kenta asked in stuttering as he slowly removed the hand the girl had on his arms. Visibly, he wouldn't want anyone to misunderstand him when he already has a girlfriend as of now. Everyone could probably recognize him by now since he dates the most popular girl in the campus. 

Miyu looked at the boy with her eyebrows raised, "Why can't I see my step-brother?" She urged but Kenta didn't feel satisfied with her answer, "It's my semester break now so I decided to come to Korea. I really want to come here for a holiday so it's like killing two birds with one stone?" Miyu tilted her head as she mentioned those.

"K--Kenta!" Another familiar voice could be heard calling for his name. Kenta swiftly shifted his body around and yes, Sakura was standing not too far from him with a beatific smile plastered on her face. 

Kenta looked at both of the girls in front of him and beside him back and forth. Miyu raised both of her eyebrows, looking at the boy with a nervous expression, "Who is she?" She smiled as her hand found its way back around Kenta's arms.

Sakura stopped herself from moving as she witnessed it. She didn't know why but it totally reminds her of the scene she saw years ago when she found out her boyfriend cheated on him. Her eyes started to get teary, forming clear crystal-liquid, "W--Why," She stuttered as the bead of tears escaped her eyes.

"S--Sakura," Kenta flustered to witness his girlfriend cried in front of him, "I--I could explain this," He tried to utter something but failed when suddenly Sakura ran away from him before he could ever declare something.

When he was about to leave, Miyu's grip halted him from moving, "Where are you going?" Most likely, the girl couldn't believe Kenta was about to ditch her for another girl, "Who is she?" She continuedly to ask when he refused to respond to her question.

Kenta gritted his teeth, "She's my girlfriend," The confession revealed by Kenta struck right into her heart as she didn't expect for him to gain a girlfriend in a terribly short time. It has purely been 8 months since he's in this place, "I'm sorry Miyu but I will contact you later," He pushed her hand away and started to sprint towards the direction Sakura go.

He ran as if his life bet on it. Kenta couldn't afford to lose the girl now and maybe forever. She meant the world to him, the only one he needs in her life, "Sakura!" He shouted her name as he kept looking around, trying to spot for the girl, "Miyawaki Sakura!" 

As he reached the secluded park where people typically didn't go here because it's kind of spooky, he regarded the girl he was looking was currently sitting on the worn bench with both of her hands covering her eyes, apparently trying to suppress the pain she felt at the moment. And it totally broke Kenta's heart to perceive his girlfriend in such states.

Kenta walked towards her before silently secure the empty seat beside her, "Hey, Sakura," He laid down her arms around her shoulders but she quickly flinched, "Talk to me, Miyawaki Sakura," He called her name with the most soothing voice he could ever use in his whole entire life. 

"Kenta, you know I hate people who cheat on me," Sakura finally talked, "You know I still traumatized by it," She continued sobbing, "Why do you need to do this to me, Kenta? You know I'm not still completely recovered from the pain he gave me years---," She couldn't continue with her words when Kenta hauled her into a hug.

He wrapped her small body into his arms as he slowly the girl, "I would never hurt you, Sakura. You're the only one for me and it will forever be you," Kenta tried to assure the girl with his words without explaining the situation she saw just now. Guys are sure clueless when it comes to something like this. They stated what they wanted and didn't even pay attention to the things the girls wanted to hear.

"Stop lying," Sakura pulled away from the hug with her eyes intensely gazed on the boy, "Then who's that girl? She's clearly wrapped her arms around yours! And you didn't even push her away and she smiled at y----,"

Kenta let out a small chuckle, feeling happy to finally witness the jealousy side of Miyawaki Sakura, "She's my step-sister, dear," His fingers tucked her long hair behind her ears as he flashed an assurance smile towards the girl in front of her, "She's my sister, not more than that,"

"Y--Your sister?" Sakura blankly stared at his face, "She's Takeuchi Miyu, your sister?" She urged and Kenta quietly jerked, "B--But why she's here? I thought you said she's in Korea," She blinked her eyes as she gulped , suddenly the embarrassment attacked her after quite some time.

He hummed to his question, "I just catch sight of her when you attacked me," Kenta teased the girl, "I could  scarcely have a proper conversation with her since I need to go after you," He pinched her nose before wiping the tears left on her cheeks, "You sure have a lot of tears," 

"I'm s--sorry," Sakura pouted her lips, slowly lowering down her head to avoid the boy's stare, "I don't know," She mumbled.

The latter then pulled the girl into another affectionate hug, "It's okay, dear," Kenta  her hair with full of love and care, "It's fine now because you already know about it," He assured her.

"But still," The girl tried to mention something but Kenta cut her words off.

Kenta placed both of his hands on her shoulders, "Hey, Miyawaki Sakura, listen to me," He stared right into her eyes as he uttered those, "You will forever be my number one now and forever. I will never leave you nor hurt you. I want you to know no matter how many girls appeared in front of my eyes, you're the only one for me. I don't need anyone but you," He confessed.

Sakura gnawed with her lips as she caught herself in his brown eyes. When Kenta smiled and set his eyes on her lips, most likely, Sakura was expecting something to happen as she suddenly closed her eyes waiting for the boy to place his lips on hers but then she could feel the lips landed on her forehead instead of where it supposed to be.

The boy offered long deep kiss on her forehead, "Why did you close your eyes?" Kenta chuckled, love, to tease the girl even more, "What are you waiting for?" He smiled, flashing his snaggletooth while Sakura currently having her arms crossed, sulking over his silly action.

"Takada Kenta, it's not fair for you to tease me li---," Before she could ever complete her words, Kenta was already slamming his lips on hers, setting his hand behind the girl's head while the other one tightly grabbed onto her hand. Sakura startled a little bit but finally settled in as she allowed him completely controlled her, "I love you," Kenta whispered between the kisses.

Sakura locked her arms around the boy's neck as she broke the kiss first, placing their nose together, "I love you too, Takada Kenta," The two smiled before again, found themselves locking their lips with each other back.