His Little Secret

Love Playlist

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

C H O I   Y E N A    X    A H N   H Y U N G S E O P
 

__________________________________________________

 

I keep thinking about it but it’s only you, that’s why
The thing I want the most in the world is your heart
So what should I do?

- It's U, 2018

 

 


 

HIS LITTLE SECRET

 

High school would be the best moment ever could happen in your life. Though sometimes you desire to end it as soon as possible but once you drop out of the school, you will realize how much you will be missing the past life as you won't have to worry anything about the future.

It's plainly great.

"Jihoon, I don't want to be with him," Yena whined when they were enjoying the lunch at the back of the cafeteria; where there were chairs and tables provided because they're too fabulous to eat in the cafeteria.

Jihoon looked at the girl in front of him as he stuffed his mouth with the sandwich he bought moment ago, "What?" He frowned, couldn't follow her words at all.

Yena heaved out a silent sigh, "I will be pairing up with Hyungseop for History assignment," She complained.

Placing the two loudest kids in one team for an assignment wasn't positively a rational decision because a lot of chaos would happen later. But that's what happens to Choi Yena and Ahn Hyungseop, they're put together in one group for History assignment and surprisingly, both of them hate History.

Earnestly saying, Jihoon didn't perceive it as a problem because it would merely be another assignment to be done with someone else and not him. Affirmative, he knows, most of Yena's assignment apparently will be done with him but sometimes the girl has to learn on how was it working with others.

"He's a nice guy," Jihoon claimed, and it was definitely not going to get a warm response from the girl as she was already having a tense glare in her eyes. She furiously places the carton of the milk on the table, squeezing it in her hand, "O--Okay, Yena, I don't have any idea why you're so tense about pairing up with Hyungseop but can you just... chill?"

Yena scoffed, "Shut up, Park Jihoon," She scolded him, "I am not outraged because of that but this," The latter shoved the milk right in front of his face, "You  it all!" 

Jihoon automatically stood up, getting ready to run away from the monster but sadly, Yena was way faster than him as she was at present possessed him by head-locking the latter, "Y--Yena," He slowly hit the girl's arms for few times, begging for her to release him.

"I won't!" Yena sterned with her words as she dragged the boy along with her towards their class.

On the other side, there's a boy was looking at the two of them with a pout on his lips, "What do you expect, Hyungseop? Clearly, she likes Jihoon," He sighed, complaining about his miserable life having a one-sided love on the girl named Choi Yena.

The break time ended so fast that they're already in the second session of high school. Earnestly saying, today is just like another day for Hyungseop. Sitting few seats behind the girl made him having more chances to observe her, to admire her, and to like her more; even more, than he did before.

He didn't know how and when it started but he just bounds to like her. It has to be Choi Yena and no one else. After being in the same class her for two years long, he realized the girl had been staying in his heart ever since the first time he saw her.

Hyungseop has always been loving Yena.

At long last, the last bell rang indicated the school has ended for today. Hyungseop wasn't sure on what he should do at the moment but for the sake of completing the assignment, he felt he should talk to her, no matter what happened. So that's how he gathered all the courage he never had in the past and walked to her place.

"Choi Yena," He called the girl's name and Yena who was busy chatting with Jihoon, shifted her head towards the boy beside her. She raised both of her eyebrows, "I think we should talk about our assignment," He continued with his words.

Yena sighed, "I don't want to talk about it now," She refused his invitation, "Park Jihoon, what are you going to do today?" The latter devoted her attention back to her dearest friend whom sitting beside her. She flashed a smile towards Jihoon, flustering Hyungseop who not once marks her smiling like that.

She genuinely likes Jihoon, doesn't she?

"I'm going to see Woojin for the assignment," He replied to her question, "You should go with Hyungseop," Jihoon notified her as he continued in cleaning up his table, putting all of his stationaries in his bag, "I will go first," 

The girl looked at her friend leaving the class with a pout on her lips, "Let's go," She stood up from the chair, positioning her bag on her shoulders and started to walk out from the class. When she could feel no one is following her from behind, she turned her head around to see Hyungseop still standing beside her table, "What are you doing there? Let's go," She paused, "Doing the assignment,"

Hyungseop abruptly inclined his head and trailed the girl from behind. The walk was extremely awkward because the tense they had with each other. Hyungseop rarely talks to Yena, and vice-versa. Though the two of them could be labeled as the loudest kids in the school but seriously, they never really interact with each other.

As if Yena intentionally avoiding Hyungseop at the first place.

They reached at the cafe near the high school after about ten minutes of walking and that would be the worst ten minutes Hyungseop could ever have in his entire life. He should've initiated a conversation between them but he failed to do so. Because he is a coward.

"What do you want to drink?" Hyungseop asked the girl who has already secured the seat at the secluded area in the cafe. 

Yena elevated her head up, looking at the boy who was currently having a smile plastered on his face. She didn't know why but her cheeks flushed after witnessing it, "H--Hazelnut Coffee," She stuttered, answering his requirement.

"Ice?" He urged again and Yena simply nodded, "Okay, I'm going to go and get it," Hyungseop was in the vicinity of leaving when Yena grabbed his wrist, "Why?" He asked while looking at the girl.

The latter passed a few dollars towards Hyungseop, "Here, use this money to buy the coffee," He bobbed his head, passing a broad smile instead, "But---," Before she could ever continue with her words, Hyungseop was already walking, heading towards the counter to place the order.

Yena took her phone out and started to text someone. She was anxiously expecting a reply, but there's none coming as if the recipient going to let her fell into the pit of misery, "Park Jihoon, just reply to my message for once," Yena complained, having a frown on her face.

"Are you waiting for someone?" Hyungseop put the tray of drinks he brought from the counter onto the table before he sat in front of her, "Do you have something important you need to attend?" He urged.

Yena quickly tossed her head, "No," She avoided the stare given by the boy and reached the drink in front of her, before inhaling the straw. She gulped the drink when suddenly her eyes widened to the odd taste she had, "What is this?" Yena looked at the drink in her hand and furrowed her eyebrows.

"That's mine though," Hyungseop tilted his head, letting a small chuckle escaped from his lips, "You could have it if you want," He insisted.

The latter massaged the back of her neck, "No, I don't drink Iced Americano," Yena passed the drink back towards the boy, "I--I should go and get you a new straw," She was about to leave when Hyungseop naturally drink the coffee using the same straw she used before.

"You don't have to," He said, inviting the girl to grip her seat back. Yena gnawed with her lips as she brushed her hair backward, "What should we do now?" Hyungseop took out his precious notebook from his bag, "Is there any topic you want to do?" He asked for an opinion.

Yena hummed to his question until now allowing her eyes wandering around the cafe, totally avoiding the boy, "Anything," She mumbled, almost couldn't be heard by Hyungseop.

Hyungseop could feel there's something wrong going on with the girl since he never witnesses her acting this way, "Choi Yena, can I ask you something?" He cautiously asked.

"Yes, sure, go ahead," 

The boy clamped his lips, propping his head on the table with the support of his hand, "Do you perhaps hate me?" Hyungseop raised both of his eyebrows as soon as he sought the question.

"What?" Her eyes widened to the sudden question, "Hell no," Yena pitched up her voice, eventually startled the boy a little bit, "S--Sorry," Suddenly she became timid as she kept looking at the table with her hand playing with the straw in her cups of drink.

Hyungseop chuckled, getting excited with Yena's reaction. She looks very adorable in this state, and he wished he could sight it often, "Then, do you like me?"

Another question surprised the girl as she choked over the coffee she drank, "W-What?" Her voice getting louder over time, her cheeks blushing due to the extraordinary attention the boy granted her at the moment.

"Choi Yena, I'm just kidding," He flashed a smile towards her before focusing back on the notebook though he had no idea on what he should write now. He's pretty clueless on his existence there; seriously. It has been 20 minutes since they're in this place and they almost did nothing other than being awkward with each other.

Who could ever believe the two loudest kids in the school will be completely quiet when they're together?

"Sh--Should we get started with our discussion?" Yena awkwardly took out her reference book and stationaries. At long last, the discussion that has been postponed for the past 30 minutes begin and the two of them focusing on their own work instead of rambling nonsense things.

After an hour of discussing, they finally had done with the assignments. It's quite easy when both of them were essentially among excellent students in the school. Hyungseop would usually place himself on the 7th place while Yena on the 10th place. Expertly, we could say Hyungseop is a little bit more clever than Yena.

Yena closed the book, put everything in her bag before turning her attention towards the boy, "Hyungseop, I think I need to go home now since it's kind of late," For the first time ever, he could hear the girl calling for his name.

"Do you need me to walk you home?" He urged, receiving a frown from the girl, "Why? Is it weird? Should I just go home then?"

Oh . How could he ever think of presenting her questions as if it's examination time? Damn.

The girl blinked her eyes for few times, staring at the curious boy in front of her, "Do you really have to ask me those questions?" Yena asked, "And why are you suddenly so talkative?" She was questioning his sudden change in behaviour.

"Just," Hyungseop tried to pinpoint a reasonable reason to inform her, "It's almost dark and you might be afraid to walk alone," He gave an excuse when in fact he merely wants to spend more time with the girl.

He could feel he won't get any other time to spend with the girl as she would pay no attention to him again for the next day as she routinely did. And... to be honest, he couldn't describe on how awful the feeling was when the one you like ignored you.

Practically, she wasn't ignoring him but maybe he never exists in her life from the start. Choi Yena would never perceive him as more than just a classmate. He represents nothing but a classmate for her. Sigh.

The walk was extremely awkward but there's no way for Hyungseop to utter it by words. He wanted to have a proper conversation with Yena, knowing her better but he could never do that. Because he possessed no courage to do so.

"Hyungseop," 

He didn't know but everytime his name coming out from her small lips, he felt delighted with it as if he owns the world. He must be liking Yena a little bit too much than he should. 

Ahn Hyungseop likes Choi Yena. The only fact he couldn't change now.

Yena furrowed her eyebrows when Hyungseop was spacing out, ignoring when she called for his name, "Ahn Hyungseop," She flicked her fingers in front of his face startled him.

"Y--Yes?" He stuttered as his eyes were shaking, looking at the girl whose walking beside her, "Did I do something wrong?" Hyungseop cluelessly asked.

The girl let out a small chuckle, "No, you don't," She told him, "But you're spacing out when there's Choi Yena beside you. Is my existence here don't have any impact to you?" Yena continued her words.

She only grasped what she said after few seconds of walking ahead without Hyungseop by her side.

"Oh ," She halted from walking, rubbing her itchy eyes out of nowhere before slowly turned her body around to note the boy was currently looking at her with a confused expression. Suddenly her phone rang, indicated there's someone sending her a message.

Yena unlocked the phone, read the message before place it back on her shirt pocket. She walked towards Hyungseop who was still allowing his eyes locked on her. The boy automatically took a step backward everytime she made her way towards him.

"Stop," She ordered him, "I have something I want to tell you," Yena sounds stern with her words and it makes Hyungseop stopped himself from moving immediately. The girl gathered a deep breath, smacking her lips, moisturizing it using her tongue as if she's going to express something important, "I like you," She confessed, "I like you, Ahn Hyungseop,"

Hyungseop automatically frowned, refusing to believe the words coming out from Yena and thought she's just playing around him like she consistently did with anyone else, "What do you mean by you like me? I thought---,"

"You thought I liked Jihoon?" When his eyes widened, Yena knows she actually hit the right spot. It's just like what Jihoon mentioned in the message just now, "So, it's absolutely true, huh? Everyone really looks at Jihoon and me as a couple?"

He nodded, "Wasn't that obvious, though?" Hyungseop scratched his head, "Wherever you go, there will be Jihoon by your side and vice-versa. It's practically obvious that there's something going on between you two,"

Yena couldn't agree with his lengthy words, "Aren't girl and boy couldn't be friend? Why do you have to label us as a couple just because we're inseparable? Well, in fact, Jihoon was the one who tell me to confess because he knows I've been liking you for the past two years," She continued, "In point of fact, I have no confidence at all in confessing to you because I know there will be no guarantee for you to like me but because Jihoon kept telling me that you like me too, that's how I muster my courage,"

"Wait, are you telling me that you really like me? It wasn't a joke?" Hyungseop asked for a confirmation.

Yena heaved out a sigh of frustration, "Do you have to make me repeat the same words again and again?" The girl slowly giving up, "Just tell me that you don't like me and then I could move on as soon as possible because I don't really want to hold onto someone who doesn't have any feelings towards me. It will solely make me looks like a stu--,"

"No, it wasn't like that," Hyungseop cut her words, "Me too, I have liked you ever since the first time I met you but this was all too sudden and I never thought for you to have a mutual feeling as me," He put his both hand onto his mouth as if he revealed something he shouldn't.

Only then Yena could have her lips curved upwards, producing a contented smile, "Do you just confess to me that you like me too? For real?" She held onto his shoulders, forcing him to spill out the truth, "So, today will be our day-1 okay?" Yena placed a peck on his left cheek.

Hyungseop stunned and doesn't have any idea on how he should react with the situation. He unconsciously set his hand on his face, looking at the girl who was slowly walking away from him, "Y--Yena," He tried to summon her but she was at present miles away.

He was about to outstretch his hand, trying to attract her attention by raising his voice but when suddenly she twisted her body around to look at him, he stopped himself from doing anything stupid.

"See you tomorrow, my boyfriend," She shouted and though they're far from each other, Hyungseop was deadly sure she just winked her eyes.

But wait... was he dreaming, or Yena just declare them as a couple?