The Ordinary Us

Love Playlist

 

 

 

 

K I M   C H A E W O N    X    B A E   J I N Y O U N G
 

__________________________________________________

 

And you’re smiling, brightly smiling
You’re dazzling like a flower

- You Smile, 2017

 

 


 

THE ORDINARY US

 

Appreciating someone in your life is as easy as saying thank you to them every time you wake up in the morning. Though it's actually hard to thank someone but if you truly desire them in your life, you would find a way to make them stay. Instead of letting them go, most likely, you will place them right beside you throughout your whole life. That's what you supposed to do if only you didn't want to overlook something precious in your life.

Jinyoung looked at the girl beside him attentively with a smile plastered on his face, "Kim Chaewon," He softly called out for the girl's name who was currently allowing her eyes looking at the outside of the bus as they're on their way to go to a supermarket.

She shifted her eyes towards her boyfriend before both of her eyebrows raised, expecting for a word from him, "Yes?" Chaewon urged as she compressed her lips together. When Jinyoung didn't declare anything, the latter shrugged her shoulders before diverted her attention back to the scene ahead of the windows.

The boy found it unfair when Chaewon refused to look at him by his face, so he decided to place his palm under her chin and forced the girl to look at him, "Kim Chaewon," Jinyoung pouted his lips, looking unhappy with Chaewon's cold treatment towards him, "Why do you need to see the outer world when I'm here beside you?" He complained and Chaewon immediately snorted.

"Bae," She dubbed him with his family's name but likely it's a nickname for him, "You should allow my eyes some rest, I couldn't look at you for the whole time, okay? I appreciate you have such an attractive face but I just don't like to stare the same thing that other people were staring at," He frowned at my statement, "The other students were looking at you as if they're going to stalk you anytime soon."

Jinyoung let his eyes wandered around the bus and yes, all the girls' eyes in the bus were on him, admiring his outstanding visual and when he looked at them, basically most of them squealed to it as if assuming the boy had some interest in them, "Hey," He casually laid down his arms around his shoulders.

Chaewon looked at the hand on her shoulders as she tried to prop it down, "We're in public, Jinyoung," She warily observed her surroundings and there's a tangible disappointing expression plastered on their respective face, "And you just make the girls broke their heart, looking at us," Chaewon claimed and Jinyoung shrugged.

"Why do I need to care about them when I have you?" He questioned my statement as he could probably sense the smell of jealousy in it, "Kim Chaewon, you know that you lack in confidence right? Why would you even care about other girls trying to woo me? I confessed to you right, I merely need you just like how I promised you back then."

The latter heaved out a silent sigh, "Stop trying to make me feel better, Bae Jinyoung. I don't need it," Chaewon claimed but stunned when the boy suddenly placed a peck on the tip of her forehead, "Bae Jinyoung!" She amplified her voice up as her cheeks flushed to the sudden moment.

Jinyoung chuckled, "You look cute when you're mad," He slightly touch Chaewon's pointed nose before pulling the girl closer to him, with one of his hand tightly holds onto her small hand, "Stay by my side, forever."

The journey to the market seems long for them but when they're together, it feels so brief. At long last, they're already standing in front of the mall as both of them set their eyes on each other before took a step forward, entering the mall. Jinyoung went to get the trolley while Chaewon waited for him at the entrance since it will be a lot of stuff to buy there based on the list Chaewon's mother provided her.

With a school uniform on, sure most people will think they're actually skipping school or something else but in fact, they undoubtedly did. The two of them skipped class today after telling the new couple, Lee Daehwi and Jo Yuri, they will be absent today and asked for them to make an excuse as if they're ill. What a troublemaker, right? And it wasn't even the first time they did this.

"Let's go," Jinyoung called her with a trolley in his hand. Chaewon leisurely winded her arms around his as they started to walk. The girl reviewed the list she had on her phone, "Seems like your mum asked you to buy the whole mall," He teased Chaewon.

Chaewon let out a small chuckle, "Because she knows I'm going with you," She claimed and received a frown from Jinyoung as the response, "You will be the one who will lift all the stuff into my house, later," Chaewon said and his eyes widened, couldn't believe in what she barely said.

The boy put a poker face, "I'm going home," He let his hand go from the trolley and was in the vicinity of to walk away when Chaewon halted him, "You need me here because you require someone to lift your plastic bags and I'm not that someone," Jinyoung protested as the girl still tightly held onto his wrist.

"Bae Jinyoung," She quietly jerked, "You sure love to over-react, right? What a cutie," Chaewon chuckled, "Let's go," She raised both of her eyebrows till Jinyoung finally gives up and started to push the trolley again.

The girl still looks over the list for the second time, "What the," Her brows furrowed to see a weird stuff on the list, "She asked me to buy flowers," Most probably she's virtually asking her mother on why she needs to buy it, "Ugh, she's so annoying sometimes," Chaewon complained.

"Like her daughter," Jinyoung found the opportune moment to ridicule the girl, "Let's go and find for flowers," He grabbed Chaewon's wrist, walking ahead of her as his eyes actively find for the place where they need to go.

When Jinyoung recognized a garden of flowers not too far from where they stood, the boy dragged Chaewon without a notice, startling her. Somehow, she cautiously followed his footsteps as she wouldn't want to fall right in the middle of the mall, embarrassing herself in front of everyone here. 

But as soon as they reached there, a couple was standing in the garden while playing around. We're having our eyes on them, but they're completely didn't care about our existence and also the others around them when the woman suddenly bent down and hid, before asking the man on where she was. 

The man surprisingly accepted the role well as he pretended to look around, finding for the woman and informed her that he couldn't identify her. So, the woman apparently showed up herself to him and he hauled her into a hug before made a comment, "You're there? I thought you were the flowers."

The moment he uttered those words, both of Jinyoung and Chaewon looked at each other, most likely, they're disgusted by it but when they marked the couple walked away, Chaewon quickly made a suggestion, "Should I try that too?" She mentioned to him with a dazzling smile.

Jinyoung tossed back his head immediately, "Don't you dare," He tried to prevent the girl but she was already running towards the garden as she stood at the center of it. Jinyoung reached the nape of his neck, massaging it awkwardly as he eyed their surroundings, "Kim Chaewon."

"Where is me?" She made a flower pose by placing her two palms under her chin and Jinyoung looked at her with an obvious frown, not knowing on how to react amidst the situation, "Bae Jinyoung," Chaewon pouted when Jinyoung didn't pay attention to her as she stormed out, walking towards the boy with both of her legs stomped on the ground.

She crossed her arms, passing a glare towards the boy. Jinyoung, who sense the odd feelings between them, warily glance towards the girl beside him, bitting his lower lips, thinking on what kind of comment he should utter at the moment to make things better. 

His eyes were shaking as he looked at the girl, "H--How can I see when the flower is talking?" Jinyoung came out with a cheesy comment stutteringly.

Chaewon was presumably taken aback by it when her fingers curl to his cringe statement, "Look at my fingers, it couldn't be straightened," The girl complained.

"Then," Jinyoung placed his hand on hers, straighten it before intertwined their fingers, "All I need to do is holding onto your hand," Chaewon flustered by the sudden gesture as she could feel her cheeks were burning up, probably forming an obvious red flush and anyone could perceive it now.

The latter gulped, clearing as she moisturized her lips using the tip of her tongue, "J--Jinyoung," Chaewon called out for his name in the most awkward way she ever could.

"Why? Should I let it go now?"

She quickly shook, "No," Chaewon refused to withdraw his hand, "My fingers take a longer time to be okay," She claimed as she pressed her lips together, producing a smile with her head lowered down looking at the white tile.

Jinyoung's lips curved upwards forming a satisfying smile when she uttered those but then he didn't want to act like he enjoys it when suddenly he tried to escape his hand from her grip. Clearly, he would fail because Chaewon was currently holding onto it as if that's her lifeline.

"Don't you dare," Chaewon blackmailed him as she put her other hand on his arms, making sure he wouldn't let go of her.

The two walked with their hand linked together, resume their journey in finding for the stuff they should've bought. They still had a long way to go as the first thing they check out from the list would be the fresh roses and there's still approximately more than 10 items listed on it.

Every so often, the couple would get involved in a simple quarrel as if on what flavours they should buy because Chaewon's mother refused to be specific on the items she wanted. Jinyoung insisted to take Chocolate Milk because he knows her mother loves it but then Chaewon preferred Strawberry Milk and that's when their childish antics came out again.

In the end, the two put all the milk flavours in it, not caring about the price later since they will be using Chaewon's mother credit card. It's not their fault when she didn't be specific in her order. They thought.

Then, when they encounter tons of vegetables, they would fight over on what kind of colour they should choose. While they're selecting capsicum, there are three colours of it and Chaewon's mother clearly wrote that she wanted only one packet which means they need to choose one of it. Jinyoung chose a red one while Chaewon preferred the yellow one. 

The second quarrel happened.

If you thought that's the end for them, obviously it's not. There's one time where they should pick a cereal and Jinyoung freaking put a choco cereal in the trolley when obviously he knows Chaewon dislikes the flavour. She preferred the honey flavour so she put the chocolate box on the rack back and caused Jinyoung to scoff.

Jinyoung who never learn how to give up and being considerate, he placed two more boxes of the same cereal in the trolley but obviously, Chaewon would take it out and the cycle repeated for almost more than five times with their eyes intensely stared on each other as if they will never let the other side win. 

Trust me, they only stopped when the workers came with the new stock as they wanted to stack it.

Thanks to the workers or else... they wouldn't see their house tonight.

The walked to her house was extremely quiet as the two of them until now maintaining a hostile feeling towards each other after what happened in the mall just now. Both of them refused to see each other's faces other than they exactly have the same amount of plastic bags in their hand. 

Rationally, it should be only Jinyoung who lifted all the items since that's what her mother wanted it to be but then when they carry out the transaction, Jinyoung only takes the first two plastic bags the workers packed for them and leave the rest for Chaewon to heave it. 

Regrettably, the last two was the heaviest one, but Jinyoung didn't be aware of that fact.

Chaewon sighed when she looked at the boy who was walking in front of her, altogether ignoring her existence over her. In earnest, how could the childish quarrel make them suddenly become cold out of sudden? That's nonsense, "J--Jinyoung," The girl dubbed his name but he kept walking.

Tears started to form in Chaewon's eyes without she realized. She didn't know why but she just feel awful with the whole situation. How the mood could be completely changed after they're done with the shopping?

Yes, apparently Chaewon possesses no confidence in dating Jinyoung at first. Heck, he's one of the most popular boy in the school and she found herself liking the boy after witnessing him, walking under the rain without an umbrella with him. She genuinely thought anyone else would do the same and having a crush on him.

But when the boy admired her and approached a shy girl like her, it was actually flustered her a lot more than she ever thinks it would be. That's how she developed a deeper feeling for him, and it required a lot of courage for her to reach here, where she was today. It has never been easy to be with Jinyoung from the start.

For a girl who lacks confidence like her, it's hard to even approach someone. She was lucky when Yuri offered herself to be her sole friend throughout her school life. She didn't talk too many people and only interacted with others after she was in a relationship with Jinyoung. 

Thanks to Bae Jinyoung, she managed to change herself.

"J--Jinyoung," Tears running down her cheeks as the plastic bags she held in her hand fell onto the ground, producing a booming sound, startling the boy in front of her. Chaewon breaks down as she slowly crouched down, ended up on the road with both of her hand trying to wipe the endless tears coming out from her eyes.

Jinyoung twisted his body around to regard the girl on the ground, wailing so loud, "K--Kim Chaewon," He hastily put the stuff down, didn't care whether its broken or not because for now, Kim Chaewon is more important than any other thing, "Hey, are you okay?" Jinyoung hauled the girl into a hug as he positions his arms around her petite body.

"I--I," She stuttered while sobbing, "I couldn't hold the plastic bags for too long. It's so heavy," Chaewon complained with tears still flowing out from her eyes, forming a stream on her cheeks, "You didn't wait for me when you're walking. I--I was afraid that you might leave me alone behind. I--I hate to be in the dark alone."

The latter felt bad after acting so cold around her just now. Apparently, he just wants to play around the girl but he totally forgot that Chaewon wasn't like any other girl. She's fragile and needs to be protected.

Jinyoung should've been by her side to take care of her but... what the hell he has done to her? .

"Hey," He caressed the girl's long hair, "I will never leave you behind, okay? I promise," Jinyoung assured the girl. He pulled out from the hug as he placed both of his hands on her shoulders, "Chaewon, look at me."

Chaewon elevated her head up, looking at the boy with her swollen eyes, "Hey, don't cry," His fingers made a move by wiping the tears left on her cheeks, "I'm sorry for making you cry. I should have made you smile and laugh but I failed," His lips slightly curved upwards, produced a faint smile, "Please, stop," Jinyoung started to beg.

No matter how hard the girl tried but the tears just won't stop coming out from her eyes, "Kim Chaewon, I know it's hard for you to be with me but still thank you for accepting me for who I am. I know the girls kept bugging at you saying that you're not the one for me but trust me, I only need you in my life. There's only you in my eyes and no one else could ever replace your position in my heart," Jinyoung continued.

"Just, have faith in me, Kim Chaewon. Believe in me that I will consistently be here for you whenever you need me and will always love you like I eternally did,"

The girl gnawed with her lips, literally speechless, "I love you, Kim Chaewon and I mean it," Jinyoung passed a smile before placed a kiss on the girl's forehead as he uttered the divine words.

That's apparently the ordinary love story for Bae Jinyoung and Kim Chaewon.