Chapter 1 - The Introverted Princess

My Little Princess~♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"How can I forget all the special memories of you? I can still remember, my little princess."
       I was sitting in a corner of a cafe nearby the town proper, waiting. I took a sip of my hot coffee but because it was too hot, I hesitated. I blew a few times then slowly drank some. It was bitter and sweet at the same time, reminding me someone that I used to know. It has really been a long time. For the past few days, things related to him kept on reminding me that certain person. For some reason, I kept on thinking about him.
       I was my parents' only child so I was used to playing alone. My parents were too busy working for my so called 'future' so, I used to spend most of my childhood alone in our house, together with my expensive dolls and toys. I was quite mature at my young age back then so it was not a big deal for me. I just did what I think was enjoying. Surprisingly, I enjoyed studying more. I was pretty nerd back then. I remembered that I wore really thick glasses because I used to stay all night just to finish an entire Harry Potter book. Unfortunately, I did not finish the thick book in just a day. It took me 3 days to finish reading everything. Nevertheless, the feeling of fulfillment still lingered. One night, I was sitting at the veranda and saw a falling star. Without hesitation, I closed my eyes, put my hands together and murmured something desperately as if I was praying something to God. I heard myself say this, “I wish I could find someone who is willing to play with me forever”. I was so surprised after hearing myself but then added, “It does not matter if it is a girl or a boy. What important is, that person is willing to be with me, despite anything. That seems impossible but I’m taking the risk.” Then, I remembered that 'that day' was the day forecasted to have good night view due to meteor showers, as what the news said on TV earlier that week.
       Days went by that I completely forgotten what I wished that night. Everyday seemed to be repeating every day. 'Same , different day', as what the old men usually say. I could not believe that at six, I could already relate to these old men. The only difference was that my day usually started in waking up, then going to school, going home, reading books or playing alone. Then my day eventually ended on falling asleep with my books opened as I felt drowsiness while reading. Same cycle every day happens because I was usually alone. It did not bother me that much because I got used to it, until one day came. It was a Saturday afternoon, when my parents came home with new guests. I immediately guessed they were their new business partners. I just acted normally as I usually was. And it was continuing with what I was doing and neglecting them completely. As I saw them come in, there was a boy who came in last. The woman, who was talking to my mom earlier as they came in, told the boy to remain here in the living room to play with me. The boy just nodded and looked at me straight in the eye.
       This boy seemed to be older than me. But he was still young, I guessed. Maybe three to four years older than me?  I was not pretty sure back then. All I knew was he looked friendly but as I was the girl who got used to being alone, I just ignored him and continued to look at my book and highlighted the phrases that I wanted to understand more of. He walked towards me slowly and asked what I was doing but I just stared at him blankly in return. Then he smiled and introduced himself to me. He said his name was Gale. Then I said, “Jin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter