Who are you

Miss Right

Arin threw her handbag on her black couch as she walk to the fridge for some cold water. Today is a long day. She can’t believe everything change so much overnight.

 

She went upstairs but she stops after only four steps. Now that she finally calms down, she realised how much it hurts down there and her legs were a bit shaky from all the shock today. Add with the fact that she didn’t even have any food the whole day so she ordered some Chinese food and use all of her effort to walk through the stairs.

 

She turned the hot water on and waits as it fills the bathtub. Finally seeing her own reflection in the mirror, a tint of  pink quickly spread on her cheeks at how ridiculous she looked. No wonder everyone in the company was giving her some meaningful glance.

 

There was two bloody hickeys on her neck. When she removed all her clothes, she realised that there’s more to just hickey. On her chest are bite marks and some more hickeys. On closer inspection, it’s imprinted all over her tiny body.

 

No wonder she was feeling so sore and tired. With this many bite marks, that stranger might as well just eat her.

 

She still can't remember anything but she's not stupid to not predict what might have happen before she lose her conciousness. There's no way she would suddenly be on someone's bed without remembering any single details unless she was drugged.

 

Hot tears suddenly run down her reddening cheeks but she quickly wipe it. She won't cry. No.

 

But as soon as she realize she was crying, she was already sobbing. She felt worthless. She couldn’t even be Shin Arin. she doesn’t even know who she is anymore. It was beyond being tired physically and mentally. She was hurt emotionally too.

 

She quickly turn the cold shower on and silently cried herself out.

 

 

The next morning, she woke up with a cold untouched Jajangmyeon on her kitchen table. Even without looking at the mirror, she knew her eyes are swollen. Her body feels lighter today, maybe because she had just slept for almost 15 hours.

 

she threw the swollen Jajangmyeon into the bin as she quickly whipped some simple brunch for herself and ate in front of the TV. It has been ages since she can do this. On a brighter side, maybe it was a good decision for her to quit anyway. She had been working her of since the first day she entered the company. sometimes, she even work for a whole week straight. Well, all of her effort vanished into thin air with just a word from her step dad.

 

She glanced at her phone and there were 67 missed calls, 190 emails and 3093 Line messages. She long pressed the side button and slide to off her phone.

 

‘Whatever. Just leave me alone. I need some time for myself.’

 

………………………………..

Arin find herself waking up to a rapid door bell sound and she almost instantly glanced at the clock; 8.14 p.m.

 

"Baby girl! why the hell are your phone's off? I was worried sick! I thought you were dead or something" A girl bombarded her with a question. Her hands were both full with plastic bags from her favourite restaurant.

 

Her heart warms. That’s right. Her only supporter in life. Her only best friend and also her only cousin, Kim yeri.

 

Arin quickly pulled Yeri into her embrace as she cried her eyes out again. This time, she didn't restain herself anymore. She thought, she at least deserve to cry.

 

Yeri heart ached at her friends crying sound. It sounded so painful with a lot of resentment. It was her first time seeing any sort of emotions from her. what not a cry. Well, she's kind of glad that she's crying. She would be more worried if she's not.

 

 

Kim Yeri plates all the warm food as her friend is still trying to calm down. She steal a glance at her friend. Her eyes swollen and her hair that is usually combed into tidy ponytail is tied into a messy bun. She's not wearing her signature square-framed glasses too making it easier to see how red her face is from crying. 

 

Is it possible to look that wrecked in just one day?

 

She pulled Arin by hand and push her down the chair to the kitchen table. She forced the wooden chopsticks into her small hand.

 

“Eat. Gain some strength. How can you fight if you look half- beaten like this”

 

“Yeri, did your husband know you're here?”

 

“Don’t worry he’s outstation so I’m going to invade your house since yours is bigger and has stronger Wi-Fi connections. He’s gone for a week so I’m a free housewife.” She said in between munching her food.

 

“Thank you…”

 

“What are you thanking me for, brat! I’m here to disturb your peace. Sorry for coming uninvited though” She went for another bite and smile bitterly when she finally sees her friend trying to force a smile on her face.

 

“Yeri…I got fired” Arin swallowed her tears and tried her best to say the sentence clearly.

 

“I know”

 

“They removed me from the family register”

 

“…I know” Yeri said as her voice cracked.

 

Trying her best to maintain her calm façade. How did all of this happen to her kind cousin. She never had ill-intention to those two outsiders, but they easily threw Arin out of her own company as soon as they got the power to do so.

 

“Don’t worry, you are still Shin Arin no matter what! Or, you can be Kim Arin! You can have my last name”

 

“Yeri…at Ayoung’s engagement party…I was-“ Another tear fell from her swollen eyes. Her voice shaky and coarse.

 

Yeri face dropped at her pause as she could not maintain her calm anymore. she didn’t know there’s more to her friend misfortune.

 

“I-I was drugged…before I knew it, I already lose…my last piece of dignity. I lose everything I have... They took everything from me” She cried as she said the last sentence.

 

Yeri felt her eyes blurred with tears as she could not help but to pull her in a hug. She was planning to play a tough role for Arin. She wasn’t going to cry. But how can she not when such helpless child is experiencing so many bad things at once.

 

“Yeri, Why did this all happen to me? I was never interested in any power struggle. I was just happy with onlt helping around the company. I always put Ayoung first and gave everything father wanted. Why are they still doing this to me?”

 

“Arin, Arin…baby listen to me, it’s not your fault. It will never be. Don’t worry, Sechan said he will try to contact your company board directors and discusson your comeback to the company. You are still the biggest shareholder and the true heiress of SHIN corp. Don’t worry, we will get back everything that belongs to you”

 

……………………………

 

 

“Breaking news, Ms. Shin, SHIN corp, the second biggest shareholder of Korea's leading telecommunication and networking company, also the next in line as the CEO of SHIN corp. was caught in a ion scandal. A picture of her kissing in the elevator with an unidentified man has spread through the internet. She was said to provide ual favours to win big projects. She is also currently investigated with an embezzlement of company money with an estimate value of 300 billion won. One of the project under close investigation is the Geochang Wi-Fi project which she has lead for two years."

 

"The current CEO of SHIN Corp., Shin Jeguk, has release a statement this morning. He sincerely apologizes for the terrible mistake and would like to announce that Miss Shin has voluntarily resign to reflect on her action. Regarding whether she will still hold the large share which allow her to have major voice in making decision in the company, the company assures that they will hold a board director’s meeting as soon as possible. He also assures that no such figure will hold any position in SHIN Corp. SHIN Corp. reputation has been established as a very transparent company with No.1 customer’s trust points. This is the first of such scandal to fall upon the mega company and  hence, SHIN Corp. shares stocks value has taken damage as it plummet to the lowest ever value in histroy since the company's establishment 30 years ago.”

 

Beep!

 

Yeri switched off the TV as she felt some cold sweat broke on her forehead. She glanced behind her back and was surprised to see Arin standing there. She looked as if all her blood has been drained from her body.

 

"A-Arin..."

 

“Yeri…I’m doomed” Arin's voice shaky and before she knew it, everything went black and she could here Yeri's voice calling for her before she finally lose all conciousness.

 

 

 

Author's note: Next chapter will be about their past. Stay tuned! :)