Worthless

Miss Right

“Where the hell did you go last night!” A glass half full with wine came flying to her head. she could not help but winced as a hot viscous red liquid started dripping from the place of the impact.

 

“It was your sister engagement party and you were missing almost half of the time. She was also announced as the new branch leader for SHIN corp. last night so you jealous by her achievement? was that you rebelling?” the old man voiced filled the whole majestic room.

 

All his insult felt like cold wind to her. Nothing significant. Nothing she’s not used to. As always, she keep shut. That has the best outcome anyway. As he was about to get angry at her silence, a pretty and glamorous girl entered the room.

 

She swayed her hips in confidence as she quickly stand next to the old chairman. Her long red arcrylic nails looked extra creepy today.

 

It’s her twin sister, Shin Ayoung. They’re not actually twins but Arin’s mom married the man who had threw a wine glass to her head just now. His name is Hwang Jeguk. Well, he used to be Hwang Jeguk. Now, he’s Shin Jeguk. He took over her mom’s family name because that’s the only way he could be the SHIN corp largest shareholder and also the current chairman.

 

 

 

“Oh, if it isn’t my lovely Arin. Where were you last night? I was so looking forward for your ‘congratulations’ when I was chosen as the new branch leader last night. I knew you worked hard to get that position too but oh well, only the better wins. Oh, by the way, my fiancée said hi.” She laughed and the Chairman chuckled too. Arin made a ball fist to prevent herself from cringing at her ugly shriek.

 

“Oh dad, have you told her about the news?” Ayoung glanced at her dad as he poured a new glass of wine. Actually, she came to her dad’s office just to see the pathetic look Arin will have on when she heard the news.

 

“Oh, thanks for reminding me on that. I almost forgot because it’s too hectic lately. Arin, I have removed you from the family register. You’re no longer a Shin”

 

She was speechless. She couldn’t even felt her legs. Is this situation even real? Isn't this something straight out of a drama?

 

“What do you mean? For what reason?” Arin raised her voice in a way she never knew she can. she had never complained even once in her life. She didn’t get angry when Ayoung took over that branch leader position. Wasn’t angry when she took her fiancée away. But her family name is given by her dad. On what rights do they have to even took that away from her.

 

“You’re also demoted to the assistant unit. But don’t worry, you will be my assistant so you are still working on important things.” Ayoung laugh as she felt so satisfied at Arin’s reaction. That girl is always so emotionless since that accident in middle school it’s nice to see other expression than her usual poker face.

 

“You have no rights to do that! Shin is my family name. IT WASN’T YOURS! This company is my parents'!” shouted as she finally lose her last strands of patience.

 

“And you! Everything you have is all mine! If it’s not for your dad’s wicked plan, you wouldn’t even dream to even wear that expensive dress, you !”

 

pap!

 

Arin’s glasses went flying at Ayoung’s sudden slap

 

“So you finally show your true colours! Fine! You’re fired! We were wrong to even show some mercy on you and made you remained as the secretary. If you have anyone to blame, blame your mom for being so stupid and trusting!”

 

pap!

 

She slapped Ayoung’s twice as hard. Her left cheek were so red as blood is seen on the side of her lips.

 

“You can insult me all you want but don’t insult my mom. Fine, I quit! But don’t forget, I am still this company’s second biggest shareholder, Hwang jeguk and Hwang Ayoung, ” She stressed the 'Hwang' in both of their name.

 

“Arin! Don’t be ridiculous!” Shin Jeguk shouted as Arin stormed out of the room.

 

“Daddy! That just slapped me!” Ayoung whined but winced as her lips started to swell. That …Ayoung touched her swollen lips. she never knew she had that side of her. All this time, she always stays quiet even when she pulls her hair. She even forgot the last time she ever properly heard Arin’s voice.

 

“You should take the day off. What was that thinking when she hurts your face." he quickly scan her daughter face as he wrinkled his brows at the sight of cut next to his precious daughter lips.

 

"She might have wanted to sabotage my wedding since the day is near"

 

"Don’t worry, daddy will find the best doctor to look at that injuries. While we are at it, we can sue her for harassment.”

 

Ayoung finally smiled at her dad’s words. Serve that right.

 

“Oh well, I actually anticipate seeing her ego hurt while making her my secretary. But daddy, she was somewhat right. She’s still our company’s second largest shareholder. Second only to you, the chairman. Plus, although I don’t want to admit it, a lot of people were looking forward to see her as Geochang’s branch leader so she had a fair share of support in the company. How can we explain her sudden quitting?”

 

“Yeah, that’s true. The board director might not have any rights to meddle in our family matters but when it comes to dragging me off my chairman chair, they are just waiting for me to making some mistakes before they, together with Arin would use their majority votes to make Arin the CEO." 

 

"Arin is a quiet child so she seemed to lay low because we have never emphasize on offence. Now that we're on the attacking side, she might want to use her share powers. Plus, some of the board directors are Shin Juwan’s and Kang Seyoung’s best friends and were also there when the company first started. So, they are still frowning over the fact that I took over the company."

 

"Their influence should not be taken lightly. However…” he paused.

 

“Didn’t you see how she looked just now?” Shin Jeguk gave a meaningful smile as he raised a questioning eyebrow

 

Ayoung face instantly brightened as she laughed, almost shrieking. “Right! That's our biggest weapon for now."

 

"By the way, can I have a month vacation for my honeymoon? I only barely manage to convince Yoongi oppa to take a break. So can you ask someone to continue with that Geochang’s Wi-Fi project? I’ll sign everything after I got back from my honeymoon.”

 

“Okay, I’ll ask Arin’s assistant to continue where Arin had left. Just have fun on your honeymoon. It’s my present for you”

 

“Really? Thanks, daddy!”

 

………………………………………….

 

“Hey! You’re back! I heard you got some big mission last night! How was it?” Hoseok patted the broad shoulder man but the latter brush it off as if agitated.

 

“I was supposed to sleep with some daughter of SHIN corp and take video of us in action.”

 

“whoa, are you debuting as a stars? hahaha, how much did they pay you? You usually hate your pictures taken” Hoseok smirked as he dropped a mug of coffee infront of his best friend.

 

“, it was supposed to be easy because that woman said she was drugged. I almost got her when another man suddenly grabbed her arm and she fell into his embrace.”

 

“They said they will kill me if I failed. I was so scared I stayed outside the hotel until she actually left this morning” he sighed as he buried his handsome face into his hands

 

“yo, she was drugged right?” The anxious man nodded.

 

“and she’s with a man the whole night?” His friend frown at Hoseok’s question.

 

“Man, don’t put us gigolo to shame. There’s no way she would came out of that hotel scratch free! Just claim that you have slept with her but you forgot to take the video because it was to flammin’ hot that night haha”

 

“Can you not make a joke right now! Just imagine how cruel that girl is to let a dirty gigolo slept with her own sister just to get on her”

 

“well, Mr. Kim seokjin, I wasn't not joking. Think about it. She just wants some dirt on her. As long as she lost her ity to some random guy, that’s, fine right? You can just tell her to conduct some test on that girl if he wants proof. Trust me! I never lose a bet!”

 

The handsome man expression changed at his friend’s idea. He’s right. That Shin corp. heiress did say that he could use whatever way as long as that Shin Arin girl is in so much shame she can’t even lift her face. That might as well include unintentionally making some other guy slept with her. 

 

He saw that Shin Arin last night. She was quite decent looking although she looked like a pretty stuck up nerd.  Nothing like her stunning sister. But the man who "saved" her last night looked like some big trouble.

 

“…you’re right. , I was scared for nothing! If I get paid, I’ll give some present to you” he hugged hoseok as he ruffled his friend’s brown hair.

 

“Hey! Not my hair! The famous Lee designer design this look especially for me. By the way, are you going to madam Hana tonight?” Hoseok asked as he sip his black coffee.

 

“Yeah..of course. I can’t stop working until I got that big money. In fact, we can both be jobless for at least five years with the amount of money she gave me”

 

“Oh ! You really hit the jackpot man!”

 

 

 

 

 

author's note:

Introducing new characters!

 

Shin Arin (26)

 

Hwang Jeguk (49)

 

I'll try my best to keep updating! :)