See You Again

See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong dragged his steps. Going home reminded him of his mistake. His betrayal. He loved Joo-Yeon and yet the person living in his home is a painful reminder that he failed the person that he should have loved the most. It was an accident but the fact remains that he had been unfaithful. The world thought that he and Joo-Yeon were perfect for each other but to his shame he knew he was not perfect for her. He was living a lie and that made his heart heavy all the time.

“I’m home.” He called out in a weary voice. 

He was greeted with silence. “Dara?” He called out tentatively. There was still no reply. “Dara?” He called out much louder this time. His heart went on hyperactive mode in an instant, his weariness fading away replaced by a growing sense of anxiety. Something was not right. He looked up and saw that the door to her bedroom was slightly open.

His steps quickened as he jogged up the stairs. He flung the door open worried that something might have happened to her. For the past months that they have both been living the lie together. She had always greeted him with a cheerful “Welcome back” every time he came home. She said the situation wasn’t ideal for either of them but being unpleasant to each other wouldn’t make the wrong that they did right. He would be under the threat of death before he’d admit it but he had become used to her cheerful optimistic presence at his home. 

“Dee!” He anxiously rushed towards the bathroom to check. It was empty. Literally empty. Too empty. The bathroom counter mocked him with its emptiness. Her toiletries were gone. The room looked sterile once more as guestroom baths usually are. Her personal scent was gone. That was when i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter