oo2

Rewriting Our Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Make sure he never returns and she never wakes up,” Ms. Kwon, queen of the gang, seethed to the hitman. “If she wasn't going to get the money she loaned to HyeJin than HyeJin should pay the interest.”

The words replayed in his mind as the hitman stood behind the wall of the roof on the tallest building. He aimed his sniper rifle down to the couple below.

HyeJin giggled after a funny statement. She looked up to SeoJun. They held hands dearly as they waited for the crosswalk light. It was a little past midnight after their first date--the date he had promised to take her on after the contract had become invalid according to him. This was happening all due to love and she couldn't help but love herself.

“Let's get married,” he said. “A real wedding. You as the bride and me as the groom,” he smiled at her.

The lights above turned red for the cars, a signal it was safe to cross. HyeJin couldn't remember the last time she was this happy. She smiled at the thought of a wedding. Her mind became dazed. She let out a laugh, but it faded as quick as it came.

SeoJun fell limp before her eyes. He gasped out of pain and shock. HyeJin’s first reaction was to catch him as he fell, but at the sound of an oncoming truck, he pushed her out just in time to take the moving vehicle head-on.

Her vision blurred. The lights turned to blotches of an orange-yellow and the voices echoed in the distance as she laid on the other side of the street. Just like that, her happiness faded just like her dreams beyond her field of peppers.

One year. 365 days. 8760 hours. 525600 minutes. 31536000 seconds. Where did all that time go?

HyeJin gripped the picture of him tightly in her palm crumpling the edges and leaving little creases. Everyone, but she knew. SeoJun or Sehun or whoever he was, she didn’t want to see him anymore. All the fancy photographs came crashing down with each careless swing of her hand. Her feet marching the anthem of hell as she stormed up to their wedding photo and hurled it across the room.

“Just when I thought I loved you,” she scoffed.

She fell down on her knees, feeling the impact's strength as the soft sobs echoed in the empty house. Amongst her tears, she could hear his footsteps. Each step breaking the shards of glass a little more. She waited until his footsteps stopped behind her and swallowed the thick bile that had built up.

“Who are you?” she whispered, afraid of the answer herself.

“Whoever you want me to be, baby girl,” he smirked, “Oh Sehun in your reality, but I can be Oh SeoJun just for you.”

“Shut up,” she snapped, “Just shut up.” She got up and left a burning handprint on his left cheek. “I don’t care who you are or whatever you are, just stay out of my ing life.”

She sidestepped around him to leave, but he was much quicker grasping her arm tightly making sure it hurt as much as how she had hurt him.

“Ahn HyeJin, listen closely because I’m going to give you one chance. Be a good wife and attend the convention tonight with me, or suppose your mother--”

“Don’t finish that,” she gritted.

He grinned, not of the genuine sort. “Good, now tell me word to word what you’re going to do tonight.”

She inhaled sharply as if she was drowning, the pain in her arm becoming numb. “Convention,” she mumbled. The words she wished to truly say became stuck in the back of .

He sighed deeply. She could feel his eyes burning a hole through her, but she absolutely refused to look at him.

“Not good enough.”

She bit her tongue, knowing exactly what he wanted. “I’ll attend the convention,” she stopped.

“With?”

“With you.”

She paused expecting him to let her go, but once again he prompted for her to continue.

“And?”

“Be a good wife,” she lied.

And he knew she did, but he still let the smug grin live hearing her words. He lifted her up to avoid the glass shards. She gasped in shock but did not protest against him knowing she wouldn’t win anyway. He set her down gently and waited until the shower was running before he left.

Sehun took a heavy sigh. Was she that furious? It was unfair. He never harmed her, but rather treated her tenderly; better than that jerk ever did. What she didn’t know was that she had actually done him a favor. That wedding photo framed so elegantly in the family room was finally gone, and he didn’t have to touch it once. All the photos of SeoJun destroyed, and he didn’t even have to lift a finger. Nothing was ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter