Black

Intricate Hunt: Blood and Love

Black


--
For Manny

 

--ooOoo--

Like a ghost, the framed photo of Wu Chun's father seemed to stare at him from atop his drawer. He caught a glimpse of it from the corner of his eyes and smiled bitterly. It has been ten years since he last saw him and now, he'll never have the chance to see him again. He should've known better. It was his parent's issue and they should not be involved. After all, he's still his dad. He should've listened to his explanation. Why only now that he's already an officer had he realized that a mere picture is not the most valid proof? But it's not too late. There's still something he could do to make it up to him. And that is to find the assassin and put him rightfully in the hot seat.

He went to the bathroom and twisted open the showerhead after taking off his clothes. It's early dawn and just the right time to get ready for work. His co-agents look up to him with whole respect, as they know that he's their delta asset. Never had he failed any assignments given to him.

The "Fierce and Fearless" first impression about him must've emanated from his spiky jet-black hair that is slightly longer in front, covering one side of his left copper brown eyes, strong jaw matched with well-sculpted cheekbones, thin and velvet lips, well projected muscles, and almost-towering height. Truthfully speaking, he's one of the examples of those persons who are under the spell of the cliché saying: Don't judge a book by its cover. His past hasn't been a good memory. And the only way to cover up for such a depravity is by joining the team. Granted, he became a delta officer after solving five consecutive cases in a row.

He reached for the towel and started to dry himself. The steam from the shower caused the mirror to get foggy and blurred. He stared at the reflection and wondered what he had become. Leaning in, he let his forehead rest against the mirror, feeling the coldness traveling to his skin.

To be a part of a team like such never crossed his mind. Not until he learned that his father died seven years ago. His family settled for the results of the investigation that there was a technical problem in his car's breaks but he's not convinced. He gave up medicine and pursued being an agent. After five years of intense training and two years of dedicated work, here he is, a well-respected, fierce and fearless officer of the delta team. He works alone without a partner. And being in this kind of job, or forte rather, isolated him from the normality that life brings. He cannot even spend enough time with his girlfriend.

Jasmine. She's his first girlfriend ever though tons of girls out there hovers around him and shamelessly shows interest. She's the only one he trusted with his every assignment. He shares to her every tears and joys he has. And in return, she'd always been there for him whenever and wherever.

And now, he has to leave her again for another assignment. Frustrated, he sighed. He grabbed his robe to conceal his ness. He went out of the room and his eyes searched for the wonderful woman lying on their bed. He cannot bear leaving her again.

On the couch lay several T-shirts, pairs of black pants, and a black duffle bag. He ran a hand through his unruly hair and reached up into his closet for the black shirt Jasmine ironed the night before. She surely knows which shirt he wanted to wear. He dressed up and picked a pair of black pants, prink them on and secured it by a black leather belt.

He has to hurry. He cannot let his world be Jasmine's too. From a table in the corner of the room, he reached for his wallet, watch, car keys, socks, and black caterpillar shoes. He sat on the couch to put on his socks and lace up his shoes.

He glanced up again to the sleeping beauty on the bed, snuggled peacefully like a small child. He stood up and reached for her cheek to give her a small peck. She seemed to sense his presence as she inhaled softly and smiled.

"Good morning," she greeted while opening her eyes. She sat on the bed, drawing the covers close to conceal her ness. Chun, on the other hand, smiled back and sat on the edge of the bed. He reached up and held her hand to his. He tried to begin his farewell with his calmest voice, "I have to-" only to be cut off.

"I know,” she said tenderly. Her gaze is soft and the glow of her smiling face hasn't subsided. "Keep safe," she squeezed his hand reassuringly and nodded her head. Chun leaned in and gave her a quick peck before withdrawing his hand from hers and slings his duffle bag on his left shoulder. He reached for his black jacket hanging at the back of the door and turned around to glance at Jasmine once more. He smiled and she nodded her head. He reached for the doorknob and exited their room.

Soon after he went out of their condominium, he reached for his black car and sped off to their headquarter for follow-ups about his assignment. He stepped on the break once the light turned red and his eyes caught the pair of black sunglasses Jasmine gave him on his fifteenth birthday. Or rather, it was Auriane since it is her real name. She changed it to Jasmine after her family died and she started receiving death threats. Since when had his favourite colour become black? Since his life got covered with darkness, that is.

Aaron, his only brother, killed their mother because of an unfulfilled wish three years back and he wasn't there to guide him. He was preoccupied with the growing seed of revenge inside his heart. Aaron became a drug addict when he learned that their father died. And he, Chun, hadn't known. Their mother tried bringing him back to reality but he ended up killing her instead. Now, his brother is suffering the consequences of his actions in the jail after spending two years in a rehabilitation center. Chun could do nothing and Aaron despised him. In simple words, he lost his family.

He thought he lost Auriane too, his childhood friend and also the person whom he sees as more than a friend. She has to leave the country when her parents died and she started receiving death threats. He has no other choice than to let her go. She changed her name to Jasmine as a means to run from the past. When she came back, his life's already a mess and she was the one who pulled him up from the dark abyss he fell into. If not for her, he might've lost his self too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to hear from my lovely readers... (: please leave some comments too!(:

[rosseureka]
060610|7:30,
-Philippines-