Unsweetened Chocolate

Road To Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myoui Mina,  the owner of Sharon's chocolate store,  is a genius chocolatier who graduated from culinary school and got her degree in pastry and baking art.  Ever since she graduated she's been working on her own store with her bestie,  Park Jihyo and her cousin Chou Tzuyu.  The three of them run the store smoothly that the store become well known on that city. 

While Mina focusing on the art of chocolate making,  Jihyo and Tzuyu work with the display and meet the customers.

It's like usual that Mina come early to make the chocolate at the back of the store and only come out once in a while,  but today there's a lot of people coming to her store so she need to help Jihyo and Tzuyu who seem busy with their own customers.

Mina greet the customer that she knows well and talk for a bit when she suddenly hear something that tick her off. 

"No matter how beautiful a chocolate is,  it will just taste the same when we eat it unnie.  This is a useless art"

Mina glance at the new customer that seem annoyed while waiting for someone to pick the chocolate.  Mina approach them and greet the two of them.

"Um,  pardon?"

The two girls glance at Mina,  the short one look uninterested with her at all. 

"A... Ah,  we didn't meant to,  yah Chaeyoung apologise to her *whisper* it's the chocolatier i told you"

The tall girl push the short girl's head and bow together as they apologise to Mina. 

"Why do i need to apologise?  I'm just saying the truth tho,  unnie just pick whatever chocolate you want and hurry up,  i wanna watch tv"

The short girl whine more as she keep tugging the tall girl's arm.  Mina tick off again as she tries to smile to her new customers.

"Why do you think these chocolates are just the same?  They clearly have different taste,  texture,  and even different display"

"For me they are just the same"

Mina get ticked off again,  she clench her hands inside her pocket as she tries to smile though her pride as a chocolatier is hurting inside. 

"Ah,  i see.  If you mind,  what kind of chocolate that you like?"

"Geez,  i told you all kind of chocolate just taste the same for me,  i don't have any kind of chocolate that i like"

Mina almost ask her again but the tall girl quickly apologise and drag her to the cashier.  Mina frown as she watch the two girls go out of her store. 

Mina rub her nape as she tries to calm her nerves,  Jihyo approach her. 

"What happen?  Are you sick?"

"I just got an insult"

"Really?  Who's dare to insult our beloved chocolatier Myoui Mina?"

Jihyo quickly hug her waist,  Mina giggles as she suddenly feel better hearing Jihyo's words. 

"Thank you Jihyo,  i guess i'm just too sensitive,  not all people like chocolate"

"Yeah,  but it's their loss"

Tzuyu suddenly speak behind Mina,  Jihyo laugh as she thought Tzuyu not even listening to them. 

****

Mina keep tossing and turning on her bed,  those words actually still bug her.  She quickly sit and goes to her kitchen,  creating new recipe of the chocolate she made based on the texture,  the flavor,  and the display.  She taste it again and again until she feel satisfied with the result. 

"Perfect"

Mina grins as she take picture of her new chocolate,  she send it to the group chat to wait for the respond but no one is replying. Mina glance at the the clock and notice that it's 2am already.  She giggles as she wak back to her bedroom after clean up her kitchen. 

Mina lay on her bed as she keep thinking about her new recipe, she can't wait to tell Jihyo and Tzuyu about it. 

Mina glance at the alarm,  she rub her eyes once she sit on the bed,  still feeling sleepy. 

"Ugh,  my head hurts"

Mina brush her teeth and wash her face,  she pats her face with towel.  She goes shower after and ready to go 30 mins before the store opens.

Mina drive smoothly as she can feel the warm breeze and sunray,  she can't help but smile. 

"What a nice day today! "

Jihyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter