Chapter 4

I Am Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

🌻🌻🌻

 

The need to work and do my college assignments makes me lack of sleep and rest even on weekends. Of course I have to pay my own tuition rather than use my parents' money. Although they send me money every month, but I choose to always save it for other important events and needs. I also kept Dara away from telling them what I actually do to earn money. Besides because they wouldn't agree, they might as well pick me up back to our home. They do enough for me all this time, raise me well with hardships and such. I just want to live on my own for awhile without their helping hands (although Dara is more than a help).

I don't know what dreams came to me last night, I'm suddenly feeling homesick for my step parents.

And last night was the first time in a while I ever slept so well. I feel like my face is already glowing because of the deep sleep I had, even before I completely opened my eyes. My body hurts less. And this refreshing feel keeps creeping in my body and my mind that it could make me hyper than any other day.

Lights peek from behind the black curtain while the sound of running water from the bathroom sounded faint. Warm fluffy blanket hugs me tight that I almost burry myself in it longer. I saw Seunghoon standing next to the table across the bed. As if he's preparing something on it, I can see his hands are moving fast here and there with a sound of plates laid out on the table. It's whether I'm moving all of a sudden of it's just his feeling that is quite strong, he peeks out from his bangs and a soft smile shaped on his thin lips along with his smiley eyes.

"Good morning," He greets.

Ah, yes, I'm being kidnapped. But does all of the kidnaps happened to be like this?

Instead of answering him, I form a little smile and sit up. My throat is quite dry though.

Aside from how strange it feels like to wake up in a kidnappers' house casually, it's even more strange when I found out that I was in a different room from the last time. This room is much bigger, more modern, and have luxurious furnitures. For example, the wardrobe is a built-in one and bigger like it could accommodate dozens of winter coats (or probably they have hundreds pair of shoes), mirror is on each of the four doors. A big tv attached on the wall, a wide gray comfy couch placed near the window, while the dining table is just behind (I even have no idea why this lavish dining table is in the bedroom).

Forget about how this room looks like because it will take a month to keep me amazed. The real question is, how could they manage to move me to another room without waking me up a bit? I'm actually a light sleeper --any small noises can wake me even when I don't immediately open my eyes. The fact that I was awakened from unconsciousness (because of the anesthesia) two hours before predicted, makes me realize that I have a quite strong immune system.

My clothes are not even the same. They changed it again to a plain black oversized shirt and striped loose pants. If only I knew why they always changed my clothes everytime I was sleeping.

"My clothes changed again," I state while still watching him placing the food on the table.

"Yes. You're sweating much in your sleep." He smiles, "I'm sorry if you don't like that outfit, it's been awhile since we have a girl to sleepover."

"I'm sorry?" Like I was misheard anything, I'm confused as to why he referred this kidnapping as a sleepover. I don't even understand why they would let me untied in their house when I already tried to escape before. I mean, if it became like this, why would they anesthetize me in the first place and not just invite me to their house? Surely this kidnapping is quite strange which makes it scarier than a usual case I saw on tv.

Seunghoon paused his work for a while after hearing me asking.

"You're sweating much in your sleep that it looks uncomfortable for you. Mino had to change your clothes for you to sleep better. And the thing that we already get rid of your clothes, we have no woman's clothes in our house. So it happened to be like this.." he points my outfit with both of his hands.

"I don't mind whether I'm wearing boy shirts or even a coat for sleeping. It's just odd to hear you saying I sleptover when you actually kidnapped me." The words make the said guy turned his head. He walks through the room while bringing a glass of water in his right hand. He could be scary at this rate if he just used a cynical expression instead of this smiley face.

He's handing me a glass of water still keeping the bright smile on his face. How weird.

"Did all kidnappers always look this light-hearted instead of scary? I always have to remind myself that I'm being kidnapped, not visiting a friend's party."

"Hearing kidnap sounds so wrong in my ears although that was actually what we're doing to you, so I'm just gonna use the word sleepover to not shock my innerself. But much to my expectation, you look a lot calmer than what I usually saw on tv." Almost choked by his words, I hand him the empty glass while still struggling to swallow it whole. "But seriously, don't ever try to escape again. It's actually killing to see you suffer from the injecting and anesthesia."

"Why wouldn't I escape when you kidnapped me like that? And why would you care so much when I'm being injected? You're the who kidnapped me anyway."

He pulls out a remote off his pocket and presses a button to automatically open the curtain, showing a huge windows and a slided door in between which guided to a balcony. Morning lights in winter brighten the room and the view is slowly softened my heart. Without realizing, I missed my home and Dara's apartment.

"This could make your thirst to go home stronger than the last time, but don't ever escape again. We do it because it's necessary." His voice is a bit cracked while turning himself to look at the window.

Seeing him in such mood is actually breaking me, I even have no idea why I cared about him. It's just I think I can trust him more than anyone in here even though he's the one who was dragging me into this. Although I doubt myself the reason behind his appearance that night in the coffee shop, because if he was there to know more about me then it would be weirder since he already knew my name without asking me.

However, no matter how big my appreciation of his attitude, I missed my home more. If he's going to ask whether I'll come back to see him, of course I'd say I'd love to come back and hang out with him. But hearing him saying it's necessary to keep me in here, I don't think he would let go of me so easily.

"When can I go home?"

The question left alone as a man showed up after the bathroom door, wearin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter