Chapter 1

I Am Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

🌻🌻🌻

 

It's been three days that I walk through the cold night in winter. As usual, the streets are quiet, people are already at their cozy and warm homes. I mean, who would be walking in the street at this hour? I thought that moving will give me a better life.

A couple months ago, I've just known that my parents are not my real parents. They adopted me when I was 2 so that I can't remember anything when I was a child. They didn't even give me a single hint of why would I end up in an adoption. But that's okay, it would probably give me a shock if I knew the reason though. Although they treat me the best, give me anything I need; comfy home, sent me to the best favorite schools, give me my personal driver, and all. But ever since I stepped in my semi-adult age, I want to travel far from home where I can live on my own. At first, of course they didn't agree when I chose my current university because it's far from where we lived, they wouldn't let me. They've always been so protective since I was the only daughter they have (now they have another baby but that didn't make them change their minds). However, the more they convinced me not to go, it increased my resolve to leave. I said I can take care of my own now and if there's something I can't take care of, I promised I will give them a call. And yeah, that went well. With one condition. I have to stay at my parents friend's apartment, a bit far from the college but with that way at least it's easier for them to monitor me if something happened.

Besides my comfortable apartment room, I still have to work part-time to help myself pay my own tuition. That makes me have to wake up early in the morning to work at the library and go to college in the afternoon, then come back to the library again at 7 right after the class. I do it every sunday until friday. On saturday, I will still have to work at the library from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and on Sunday, it's the only time I've got to do my assignments. So yes, I almost have no time to hang out with my friends or at least going groceries. These routines won't let me do that. Even though it's been hard and tiring, but asking for help to my parents will only make me embarassed of myself. So while I can still bare all of these, I'll do it on my own.

I sigh as I see my watch that it's already at 10.30 p.m.

Although it was hard for me to walk from the library to my apartment at first, but I realized doing that little thing is actually saved money.

"Excuse me."

I'm a bit shock when a car approached me for I was immersed in my own thoughts. I turn myself around to a better vision and see a man in the car throws me a stiff smile. His hair is almost blonde and I can tell that's not his real hair colour. It's styled up to his head revealing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter