Chapter 2

I Am Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Β 

🌻🌻🌻

Β 

"Rough day, huh?"

Dara, my parents' friend, the one who lets me stay with her in this apartment, walks in while taking a deep sigh. Even though she looks so tired, she's still maintaining her smile brightly when she sees me making some food in the kitchen.

"What are you making?" She asks while putting down her bags and coat on the couch then joining me in the kitchen.

"Just riceballs since you like it so much."

She seems satisfied with the result as she eats a bite and nods in pleasure.

It's been three days that I haven't met her. She's a co-CEO in a very famous fashion company in Korea that it makes her super busy and often going overseas. Even though we rarely have a conversation and talk about our past lives due to our busy schedules, yet it feels like she's my older sister.

"Not going to the library?" She shouts from her room.

"Nah. Chaerin-unnie gives both me and Jisoo day off until tomorrow so we decided to go on shopping, dye our hairs, have dinner, and everything we can do in two days." I say while still making the riceballs.

"Oh! Good for you to enjoy your life once instead of working so much in such a young age," she still shouts, "dye your hair in blonde then. You need a new colour anyway."

I was taken aback when she's saying blonde, making me remember the handsome blonde guy that night.

"I'm going to dye my hair in light brown though. Brighter than this. But not blonde." I reply when Dara shows up in a shirt and short pants.

"Why? Brown is boring, make yourself stand out in this weather."

"Blonde is a no no." I sigh, "here!" I put the riceballs on the plate and lets she eats it all.

"Okay then, you suit light brown though."

"You know, I met this blonde guy at one night. He randomly asked me about the nearest store and I told him where to. But then without saying anything, he just left. I found him very weird and rude."

"So that's why you dislike blonde?"

"Oh not really, I just met him though why would I hate it?" I laugh, "it's just, I think I want to say it."

After she finished her riceballs, I take a quick shower and change my clothes. White shirt, brown coat, dark brown scarf, black knitted hat, black jeans, and black boots. I just let my hair loose on my back and shoulders.

"I'm leaving!" I shout as I'm about to close the apartment door, "I'll be back at 10!"


🌻🌻🌻


"How is it?" It's the sixth time already that Jisoo asks me the same question while playing with her new purple hair.

Although I like her better in the previous natural black hair, but I can't lie that this colour suits her so much even in this weather. She looks stand out and good, even though it annoys me about how she always asks about her new hair.

"I told you it really suits you. Don't ask me again or I'll make you bald for sure."

She pouts at the reply and stop playing with her hair. She's older than me but to act cutely, she's my senior. No wonder there are so many guys checks her out ever since we walked out of the hairsalon. With her purple hair, it makes her look even more attractive.

There is this mini coffee shop not far from where we're standing and I'm already so in love with it. It's vintage style that I can't resist. Even though I like monochrome so much, especially black, but seeing these pastel colours really make me happy and all excited.

"We can try this for a little bit." Jisoo says as she sensed that I'm taking a long pause just to look at the coffee shop.

"We recommend caramel latte in here," the waiter says when I take a long time to pick something on the menu.

"Wow, they also have cinnamon rolls here!" I say still so excited, "do you have hot tea or anything that isn't coffee in here?" It's for Jisoo who doesn't like coffee.

"We have adlay tea and greentea."

"One greentea for me then," Jisoo says.

"Okay, uhm. One caramel latte, one greentea, and two cinnamon rolls, please." I order, letting the waiter to write the orders on his tablet.

It's been a long time since I have this kind of feeling. Enjoying the town scenes while drinking coffee and eating cinnamon roll, having a nice talk with a friend, and seeing all the crowds in this nice winter.

"Well," Jisoo starts when our orders is finally completed, "how is it living with your parents' friend?"

"It's nice actually. Dara-unnie is nine years younger than my parents and it makes her feels like an older sister to me. Even though sometimes she scolded me like my parents did, but she didn't get mad in a long term. She's very kind and a hardworker. I'm glad I get to know her so much." I take a sip of my caramel latte, "how about you living with your own?"

"Well, it's kind of nice though. At first it was hard for me to take care of the things all by myself without a help from the older. I have to think and solve my problems all by myself. But as the time passed, I learned so much and in just a year I could completely take care of everything including my own tuition."

Eventually, I already heard her stories from Chaerin since Jisoo worked with her earlier than me, and it looks like Chaerin assumed her as her own little daughter. But it's always more interesting if the person themselves to explain everything to me.

"My parents died when I was three. And different from you who were adopted by a couple, I lived with my aunt and uncle with their other two childs. At first that was hard since I couldn't get enough parents' attention just like what I needed in such age, but I was being used to it not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter