The Graveyard Shift

For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day of school, the dreaded class of English. Being one of the first classes of her 7 hour school day, plus barely getting any sleep the night before. She rests her head on the desk, the dark brown hair of hers spreaded across the desk. A short haired girl looks at her pale friend. Giggling and the pale girl pokes the dark haired girl, she pokes her in the ear and the girl poked her head up.

 

“Here!” She yelled out.

 

“Tzuyu, please don’t interrupt the class again.” The Teacher, Ms. Lee Sunmi said. The students giggled at the weird girl.

 

“Yes, Ms. Lee.” She banged her head on the desk. The students looked at her, and she looked up and they looked back towards the teacher. Tzuyu sat up properly. Yesterday was a drag for her, as she was working for almost the whole night until she got home at 3 am.

 

“Hey is Tzuyu okay?” she overheard the short haired girl, Chaeyoung say. The slightly more sensitive hearing she had from her Yoda-like ears.

 

The pale girl with her hair in a bun, her name was Dahyun. “Whenever is she okay, that job is really taking toll on her health.”

 

“Can you both shut up.” Tzuyu growled, the two Korean girls went back to paying attention towards the teacher. The girl tried to pay attention but instead, started doodling in her notebook of a particular situation she was in only several hours ago.

 

 

 

 

Wearing a green vest over her light steel sweatshirt that covered her black hoodie. Her eyelids dropped down halfway from her normal large doe-like eyes. The bright lights at least kept her awake for the time being. People who were either drunk or wanting to buy more Soju because they needed their fix. Or eating ramen as a college student ridden with studying. Tzuyu just rang up whoever came.

 

Until someone wearing all black attire came into the store. Their shady demeanor and behavior was an afterthought for Tzuyu. She was tired and had a test tomorrow for her Math class. She shrugged it off and she saw the person’s eyes. Those eyes were familiar to her, their shape and colour. Then she saw what he had in his hand. A gun, specifically a nine-millimeter semi-automatic handgun. Tzuyu put her hands up and the man’s voice stuck out to her. A deep voice, a baritone with a Changwon accent. Tzuyu looked at him blankly.

 

She recognized it from somewhere, but who was it?

 

“Give me all the cash you have in the register.” He pointed the gun at her. She obliged as she was way too tired to deal with this bull. Putting the money in a plastic ‘Thank You’ bag. The man ran out the store and Tzuyu then realized.

 

“OH !” She hurdled over the table and ran after the masked man.

 

Recognizing him from blocks away. She ran without losing her breath. The man dropped his gun after trying to climb up a fence and on the other side. It was too much work to get it from the other side. Tzuyu ran at a record pace for herself. That's when the man pulled out a knife and took a bystander and pulled the knife to her neck.

 

Tzuyu looked at her and her eyes widened. It was an upperclassman to her and a friend of her sister, Jihyo. Her name was a blur. Tzuyu clenched her fist.

 

“What are ya gonna do about it?” He asked. His voice smug and loud. Putting the knife closer to the neck of the girl’s.

 

She took a rock and hurdled it at his head, the perfect aim and a bit of power was put into the shot. The man took the knife off the neck of the girl. The girl ran over to Tzuyu.

 

“Stay there.” Tzuyu ordered. She pulled out her fist and it glowed an electric blue.

 

“What in the-" and the man was punched in the gut.

 

“And smash!” Tzuyu yelled out. He was thrown through the fence. The hard metal edges making his dark clothing peel off his body. The ripping and tearing filled the quiet, dim, streets. His scream pierced out after a few seconds of impact.

 

The man puked up blood and his mask fell off. Tzuyu looked at him and saw him as Jeon Wonwoo. The quiet book reader of class 3-C. Who would've thought he would’ve robbed a local store She called an ambulance to help him. She put a note on his jacket.

 

It read ‘Jeon Wonwoo, student at JYP Academy for the Arts, get him some help. Like seriously, some help.’

 

“Thank you!” An energetic Japanese girl thanked the taller alien. “Also what was that blue stuff?”

 

Tzuyu’s drowsy eyes widened as she looked at Sana. She smacked her head with her palm. “…” She murmured.

 

“Hm?”

 

“How am I supposed to explain this?” she asked herself. “Don’t tell anyone this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter