Chap 8

Curious

"I'm so doomed, Troy." She leans her forehead on her hand as she lowers her gaze down on the table. 

 

"Why? Did you kiss her?" He sips his iced coffee casually, staring at Seungwan who immediately looked up to him with a horrified expression on her face.

 

"What the f- How did you- What?!"

 

"So you did? It was the girl who came last time, right? What did you do this time, Wendy?" He smiles at her in anticipation, as if proud of his best friend. 

 

"I don't know. We were in the kitchen, and she was behind me. When I turned around, I realized she was so close, too close in front of me and I just... I kissed her."

 

"Did you kiss her or kiss kiss her?"

 

"It's the latter."

 

"Wow. Did she kiss you back?"

 

"Yeah but I also kinda went towards her neck...." She mentions softly, covering her face with both of her hands in embarrassment.

 

"You WHAT?!"

 

"I don't know!! I got so carried away that I just did it before I FINALLY realized the whole situation in front of me, and pulled myself away from her when she asked me to stop. Then I apologized to her and asked her to leave."

 

"You kissed her and told her to leave? What kind of monster are you?"

 

"What the hell was I supposed to do?!? "

 

"Oh I don't know, Wendy. How about telling her how you felt?!"

 

"I couldn't think straight! I just-" She sighs deeply.

 

"Wendy, you need to clean up the mess you made before it becomes uglier. Come on, you did this before back then, so why are you being so afraid now?"

 

"That was way different. Besides, Joohyun is.... my best friend!"

 

"You're not going anywhere if you're gonna be such a coward, Wendy."

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

 

Joohyun stares at the ceiling fan as she lies on her bed, feeling restless. She usually has no troubles sleeping at night and would be asleep within 30 seconds when she closes her eyes, but ever since that night, her mind was a disastrous mess. She couldn't stop thinking about the sudden rush of emotions she felt when Seungwan's lips came in contact with hers.

 

Did she hate the feeling of her lips? It couldn't be. In fact, she loved it. She purses her lips together and recalls how warm her tongue was as it collided with hers. How her body temperature increased as well when they were tasting each other. How her mind went haywire when she felt Seungwan's tongue sensually her neck. How she couldn't control herself as soft moans escaped from her lips.

 

She asked Seungwan to stop when in actual fact, she didn't want her to. She wasn't supposed to feel this way. She wanted to kiss every single inch of Seungwan, she wanted to kiss the hell out of Seungwan  Her heart was betraying her, and she felt the need to stop herself from going further before it went out of hands. It was wrong.

 

Sure, Seungwan confessed to her that she isn't straight. But the question now is, what about Joohyun? Why is she feeling this way? Seungwan's her best friend. Why would someone want to kiss their best friend so badly? Her mind's going crazy at the thought of it. She had never think about it before. Sure, she gets very touchy with her girlfriends but not to the same extent when it comes to Seungwan. There is just something about Seungwan that makes her go fuzzy inside, she likes being around the younger girl because she feels her heart warm up automatically when they're together. Maybe it's her sweet smile and how she also smiles with her small twinkling eyes that can infect Joohyun whenever she sees them. Maybe it's because the younger girl always take care of her even though she's the oldest among them, like how she always makes sure Joohyun never gets cold by giving Joohyun her sweater, and makes sure Joohyun had proper meals so that the girl wouldn't suffer from gastric. 

 

She turns over and screams into her pillow, hitting and kicking the mattress. Taking her phone from the side table, she scrolls down at her contacts until she finds a familiar name, tapping on it.

 

"Hey Joohyun, what's up?"

 

"Seulgi, what am I going to do?"

 

---------------------------------------------

 

Seungwan dreads attending the annual ceremony that was held in a fancy hall. She was asked by her boss to attend the luncheon with Eric and socialize with other companies in the industry, moreso because she's the only female engineer in her company. Since it was a luncheon instead of a formal dinner, she wore a more casual black frill dress with her black high heels, to compensate for her short height. Luckily it was just a half day event, otherwise Seungwan would have been pissed throughout the entire day because she would much rather be lazying at home on her couch instead of smiling and awkwardly laughing at other men's dry sense of humour, in an event whereby 90% of the attendees are males.

 

With a drink in her hand, she walks around with Eric, socializing with other company representatives, discussing about their company plans, exchanging name cards, exchanging dry humour, nodding at whatever people say and awkwardly laughing at uninteresting stories. 

 

Let's go Seungwan, only 1 hour to go.

 

She makes sure to stick extremely close to Eric because she could sense a few guys wanting to approach her and ask her about matters unrelated to work, such as her relationship status.

 

"Hey, I'm going to the bathroom for a while. You go on first, okay?" Eric tells the shorter girl beside him as she nods with a frown. 

 

Feeling a little hungry from all the socializing, she walks over to the banquet table to take a plate of desserts. She stands nearby the table, calmly eating her desserts as she takes a good look of everyone forming their own smaller groups in the hall. Drinking from her own glass, her eyes dart around the room to count the number of females who attended, besides checking them out as Seungwan's type of dessert.

 

11...12...13...oh she looks pretty good-

 

Seungwan coughs loudly, choking on her drink as her eyes land on a familiar looking side profile with her long flowy black hair. She quickly grabs some tissues to wipe herself as her face slowly turns red from her coughing fit.

 

"Are you okay?!" Eric rushes towards her and pats her back. He tries his best to remain calm and not laugh at the expression on her face.

 

"Y-yeah I'm fine." She lightly hits her chest to compose herself. She drinks a sip of water from the glass that Eric hands to her, and looks around to search for the familiar girl again. Gulping down the water and finally feeling okay, she freezes when her eyes come in contact with the girl's. 

 

Oh no.

 

She wasn't prepared for it, no matter how much she has already told herself to initiate the conversation again with her first. It's not that she didn't want to, she just couldn't find the opportunity to do so, or at least that's what she always told herself. Which were all just excuses to avoid her even though she wants to mend things among them. After all, they had already created unforgettable memories, being great friends for a few years.

 

Seungwan waves at her with an utmost bright expression on her face, although she was in a coughing fit just moments ago. 

 

Why am I even waving at her?! Okay, Seungwan. Act natural.

 

She receives a signature heart warming smile from the girl and feels her insides turning into a wreck. She sees her bow towards the people around her and her eyes start to widen when she realizes the figure is making her way towards her. She swallows the remaning drink in her hand, clearing and preparing herself for whatever that's about to come.

 

"Son Seungwan! Didn't expect you to be here today." She smiles sweetly at Seungwan and Eric who was standing beside the shorter girl.

 

"I could say the same to you too, Bae Joohyun. This is Eric, my colleague." Eric merely smiles at Joohyun, glancing down at his watch.

 

"Nice to meet you, Joohyun-sshi. Well uh, I think I have to leave you alone because it's actually time for me to go.." He smiles apologetically at Seungwan, who was shooting how-can-you-leave-me-alone glares at him. 

 

"That means I'll have to leave as well! Since I have to follow your car." 

 

"Wha-?" Seungwan clears loudly to stop him from saying anything.

 

She pulls him away from Joohyun as she waves goodbye at her, mouthing an apology towards her. She tries her best to not look back over her shoulders as they walk away from the older girl, but she couldn't control herself any longer when she reaches the exit. She turns around and glances at the girl who was still standing there, looking down at the floor while tapping on her glass with an obvious frown in her face. She feels a slight pang in her heart 

 

"Sorry Eric, you can go now. I'll see you in the office next week."

 

"Uh.. okay?" He looks at her funnily, but shrugs it off and leaves her alone as he had better things to worry about. 

 

Seungwan takes out her phone to dial the number that she spent days at home, only staring at it. She sees the girl fishing out her phone from the bag and hesitating a moment before answering the call.

 

"Joohyun?"

 

"Seungwan? W-"

 

"Do you have any plans tonight?"

 

"No.."

 

"Dinner at your place tonight? I'll get some takeaways."

 

"Oh.. Sure."

 

She ends the call, letting out a grateful breath as she walks out of the hall with a smile on her face. She breaks down into her anxious state again and squeals once she enters her car. 

 

Son Seungwan~ why are you doing this to yourself~ how much more crazy can you get~