Chapter 5

From Zero

He stood before the cream-colored terrace that was his home 7 years ago.

7 years later, it still is.

He pushed the doorbell and waited patiently. Soon the door opened as his aunt greeted him warmly. "Kihyun-ah, you're finally back." She took his luggage and brought it into the house while he removed his shoes.

Kihyun walked down the dimly lit corridor until he reached his living room. Hardly anything changed. His favorite pirate ship model still sat on the highest shelf.

"How are your parents?" Aunt Sojung wiped her hands on her checkered shirt. "They're doing fine." He reassured her.

Kihyun sat down and picked up the photo frame on the coffee table. He missed his parents already. He rubbed his thumb over the photograph, swallowing the lump in his throat. Was this even a right decision?

He placed it back down on the coffee table carefully and picked up the next photo frame. Only then did he realize how much he missed Hoseok.

Only then did he realize how much he missed Hoseok

2010.03.26

Kihyun lay in bed all day, scrolling through Instagram. Hoseok didn't have Instagram, but Hyungwon did.

He typed in a few possible usernames into the search bar, but all the Hyungwons he could find were random strangers.

He continued scrolling through until he spotted a familiar profile picture.

Tapping on it, he smiled when he was certain he had found Hyungwon's account.

He tapped on the latest photo and frowned immediately at the caption.

He tapped on the latest photo and frowned immediately at the caption

@h.yung_won01: I always thought we could challenge the phrase "All good things will come to an end", but I guess I was wrong to be so ambitious...I'm so tired.

He put his phone away, his brows furrowed. What happened to Hyungwon? He gazed out of his window. He knew where Hyungwon stayed and it wasn't too inconvenient to drop by and say a "hello".

Kihyun got up and changed into a white tee and black jeans. He styled his hair carefully and pulled on a denim jacket before heading out to find Hyungwon.

-