Chapter 3

From Zero

That night when Kihyun sat in the airplane, alone and tired, he began reminiscing his high school years. Those were the good old days.

Although he and Hoseok were dubbed the 'hopeless duo' that most teachers gave up on, he still felt like high school was the greatest time for him.

He and Hoseok would head to the club at night on alternate days and would get so drunk they couldn't even recognize each other.

They would then stumble all the way to school the next day, and they didn't care if they reeked of alcohol. No one cared anyway.

Then the day Hoseok got expelled was the worse day for Kihyun. He had never seen his friend so crushed before. He could still hear Hoseok's heart-wrenching sobs ringing in his mind to this day.

It's been 7 years, Kihyun. Hoseok probably forgot about your existence.

He looked out onto the vast expanse of blue down below. The ocean looked so magnificent, even in the dead of the night.

Kihyun yawned. Although it was the 17th time he had yawned in that hour, he didn't exactly want to sleep. He wanted to take in as much of the American scenery as he could before he left the continent.

He was gazing out of the window when a familiar voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Do you want some light refreshments? Or any beverages?"

Kihyun looked up and got a surprise when he saw the flight attendant who had helped him earlier on.

"It's you." He smiled. The flight attendant returned a small smile. "I don't need any snacks, thanks for asking." Kihyun gave a small nod.

The flight attendant bowed before pushing the trolley down the aisle.

I wonder what's his name.

Kihyun observed as the flight attendant politely asked other travelers if they wanted any midnight snacks.

He's so polite. It's rare to see people this polite nowadays.

When the flight attendant headed towards him again, Kihyun called him. "Hey, I just wanted to ask for your name." The flight attendant looked slightly taken aback. He just stared at Kihyun without replying for a few seconds.

Kihyun then figured that the flight attendant probably wasn't allowed to disclose his name. "It's okay, sorry for asking." The flight attendant glanced around quickly.

"Son Hyunwoo."

-