Chapter 1

From Zero

He looked down at the plane ticket in his hands.

It's been 7 years since he moved overseas.

Kihyun ran a hand through his pink hair. He sighed. He was moving back home by himself, mainly because he really missed the people there.

He opened his wallet and pulled out a small Polaroid photo. Hoseok. He wondered how Hoseok was. The last time he saw him, he was lying in a coma in the hospital.

He put the photograph back into his wallet carefully. His flight was in an hour's time, and he was anything but ready to see his old friends again.

Wandering around, he found some benches and sat down. He took his phone out and opened KakaoTalk. There were some messages, mostly from his friends.

-

Chats

Jeremy: Good luck back in Korea, dude 😊 See you soon

Kayla: Take lots of pictures okay! Take care of yourself too! All the best!

Gunhee: Help me take some pictures of Korea! Send some snacks too. Thanks, bro.

-

He replied to his messages and put his phone back into his pocket. I should walk around. This could be the last time I'm seeing this place.

He swung his bag onto one shoulder and began exploring the departure hall. There was a nagging at his heart. I'm actually going to leave this place in less than an hour.

Kihyun strolled along the departure hall, looking at faces rush past in a blur. He began to get lost in his thoughts, thinking about how he'd contact Hoseok once he was back in Korea.

Unknowingly, he started to walk more quickly.

He continued walking even more quickly, completely unaware of his surroundings.

Until he tripped over something.

-