The Other Side of Story

The Other Side of Story

The Other Side of Story

15.0k words

05/02/19

Author's Note:

Happy 2019 guys!

A new year present for yall <3

This one shot has been sitting in my draft since last year. Though it may seem messy, I thought I should just share it since I didnt' have the heart to delete this away XD Sorry for all the errors and mistakes! It's a long read so enjoy! Hehe

 


 

 

It wasn’t easy. 

Having to live with your aunt’s family who just treat you like after you lost your own family. She have no idea why did they even agreed to be her guardian when they only treat her as a maid. 

 

Maybe thats the reason why.

 

A free maid.

 

She suppose.

 

Since grade 6, she had been under the control of them. She knew better than anyone else to go against their orders. The days of her getting canned and having to starve would always hold her back from talking back to the adults.

Her life totally went downhill at the fatal accident that caused the death of her parents. She have been living in darkness and there are times where extreme suicidal thoughts and hurting herself to stop the pain flashed across her mind.

 

It wasn’t like she didn’t have friends.

She had a few trusted ones.

 

Wendy, Moonbyul and Seungyeon.

 

But they do not know her darkest secrets and Seulgi wasn’t one to share about herself. The trio had try to reach out to her but sometimes Seulgi would rather be left alone. There were times where she would hang out alone in school when human interactions gets too overwhelming for her.

 

She couldn’t find happiness in anything.

Life was meaningless.

Seulgi couldn’t find anything that could encourage her to continue living. 

 

Especially when she’s in lack of everything.

 

Money.

Love.

Care.

Hope.

 

She felt small and lonely in the huge society. When school isn’t going well, Seulgi would start questioning herself how she’s going to survive? She's sure that many people out in the world is living in a tougher condition than she. Which is one of the reason why she still choose to accept her current situation and live with it. 

 

Another reason why she even choose to live in that hell for a whole decade is because of the her aunt's daughter, Kim Yeri.

 

The only sweetheart in the world that she cares for. She was there to witness baby Yeri taking her first step. Whenever the adults were out of town busying themselves with business, Yeri would be thrown to her to take care of. As much as Seulgi didnt want to grow attached to the fourteen year old kid, it was impossible. Especially when Yeri would always stand up for her whenever her parents screamed at her. But when she couldn't help Seulgi from getting bruised, Yeri would instead pull out antics and make her laugh. 

 

Yeri was by her side in hell. 

She couldn’t just simply leave the house and abandon the sisterhood Yeri and her had formed over the years. It would be cruel not only to Yeri, but to herself as well. She knows she hates this place and the humans living there but Yeri is an only exception. Yeri is the only one in the world that truely cares for her since the beginning and Seulgi will make sure no one hurts her baby turtle. The very last thing she wants is to hurt Yeri. 

 

 

"Unnie, why do you smell different?”

 

She didn’t expect the younger girl to still be up at one in the morning, greeting her with a tight hug when she have classes the next morning.

 

”Why aren’t you in bed?” She answered back with another question, caressing the smooth untainted cheeks tenderly.

 

Instead of giving her attention to the older girl still clothed in her wrinked white uniform, Yeri glared at the amount of paper bags Seulgi was holding.

 

Gucci, Pandora, Adidas, Nike.

 

Name it.

 

Seulgi had noticed the glares and tried to hide them behind her back. Internally cussing at Gyuri for buying her so much branded stuffs when she clearly told her that she just wanted cash.

 

”Didn’t I told you not to go out with that old woman anymore?!” Yeri hissed, her brows burrowed in a frown.

 

She had once caught her cousin being shoved against the car and kissed roughly by an obviously older woman     a working adult wearing a whole body of branded goods.

 

Seulgi clicked her tongue and pulled away gently, “She’s not that old, Yerim.”

 

”She’s at least ten years older than you.” 

 

Seulgi sighed and made her way towards her own small room with Yeri stubbornly tagging along. 

 

"Why are you doing this, unnie?"

"Doing what?" 

 

Yeri ruffled her hair in frustrations, jumping onto Seulgi's bed and folded her arms. 

 

"You were getting happier. Just six months ago." 

"I am still happy now." Seulgi clenched her jaw and insisted, shaking the branded stuffs on her hands, "I need not worry about getting clothes and money to use." 

The younger girl sighed heavily and pointed to the other bunch of Gucci bags that was left unopen at the side of Seulgi's bed, "If you're doing this just to have the bags and clothes, you should have worn them." 

 

"But look at yourself." Yeri pointed out, "You are still wearing the same clothes. You are not after the branded things, unnie. You don't find happiness in them." 

 

Seulgi rubbed her forehead, her head throbbing slightly from the effects of the red wine Gyuri had forced her to consumed. It was already late and Seulgi didn't want to have the same old conversation over and over again with her sister. Sighing, she guide her hand up to ruffle the younger's lock softly, "Go to sleep, Yeri. You have to wake up at six later." 

 

Yeri groan. She had noticed how the older girl tried to avoid touching the same topic for months and no matter how much she try to force Seulgi to spill the beans, the older would only shut her out. 

 

 

"What happened to you and Irene unnie?" 

 

The way Seulgi momentarily froze up didn't went unoticed by Yeri's hawk eyes. She knew that her older sister suddenly finding herself a sugar mommy must be linked to the other said girl in some way or another. Those two girls had been close for a period of time with Irene even staying over for a few nights. Yeri could feel that Seulgi was much more happier and bubblier with that pretty friend. 

 

There was hope and joy in her eyes that Yeri have never seen before. But it was short-lived.

 

All of a sudden, those glisten sparkling eyes vanished and the dull, hopeless and disheartend Seulgi returned. Yeri had noticed all of the major changes. But she chose to keep shut, trusting that the older girl would talk to her about it soon. However, when she saw Seulgi being so forcefully yet willingly d and kissed by a significantly older woman, Yeri couldn't hold herself back anymore.

 

Noticing the slience from her older sister, Yeri pressed on hoping to force the words out of Seulgi's lips. 

 

"Why don't I see you two hanging out anymore?" 

"I don't know either, Yeri." 

"You were much happier with her, unnie." 

 

 

Obviously.

Seulgi knows what kind of effect Irene had on her.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Life was colourless.

There was nothing Seulgi could look forward.

Nothing that Seulgi desired of. 

She was simply just tired and exhausted every single seconds, minutes and hours. So caught up with her situation and always pitying herself. It was safe to say that she has her own world and barely notices anything happening around her.

Except for her circle of friends- the trio and her baby sister- Yeri. 

 

Never have she expected that Irene would appear infront of her looking like an aphrodite goddess and started painting her black and white world. 

 

She’s simply soooooo damn attractive and beautiful.

Probably the most good-looking creature in the world. 

 

The big bright doe-eyes, tall nose and pretty pink plump lips along with her fair smooth skin. The way the wind blow her jet black wavy hair was able to leaving Seulgi breathless when she first met the older girl in the school garden while she was sketching away.

 

If being drop-dead gorgeous wasn’t enough, the girl even initiated a conversation with her. 

Seulgi wondered how she had survived that fateful day and not just faint right on the spot. 

 

”Hey, why are you alone?” 

“...I-I just needed sometime alone.”

”Why?”

”J-Just had enough of human interactions.”

 

Seulgi still remembers the cute chuckled from the shorter girl. Not forgetting how her heart skipped when she walked closer and pointed at the empty space beside her. 

 

“May I take a seat?” 

“S-Sure.”

 

If time could rewind, Seulgi would have tried to charm the girl a little. Rather than acting like a stuipd fumbling who can’t speak properly. She was a nervous weck that couldn’t even initaite a conversation when the latter took a seat beside her with a friendly grin.

 

”I guess you are always taking a time out?”

”huh?”

”I always see you alone.”

 

A faint dust of pink coloured her cheeks at the thought of the girl observing her from a far.

 

”I mean... its just coincidence. I’m not a stalker!” 

 

Of course. 

 

Seulgi hid her disappointment and just flash the other girl a small smile without saying anything.

 

“They weren’t joking when they say you hardly speak huh.”

Seulgi snapped her eyes at the latter who then giggled at how confused she looked.

 

”-They? Who?”

”Your three friends.”

 

 Seulgi wanted to question why did she even ask her friends about her but being the shy introvert she is, the brunette could only stare at her unfinished sketch.

 

”You should consider joining the art club.” 

She could never ever forget the admiration that glisten across the black-haired girl’s eyes and the never ending praise when she took the sketchbook away from the owner and started flipping it.

 

”You’re really talented, Seulgi.”

 

The said girl momentarily froze up in her seat. How on earth does this beauty know her name when she have no clue that she existed till now? 

 

“H-How did you know my name?” 

There was a few seconds delay and the flicker of panic didn’t went unnoticed by Seulgi. She was conflicted between feeling creep out by the beauty or be flattered. 

 

The shorter girl looked down and fixed her bangs slightly before giggling.

 

”I guess you really do not have a single idea who am I huh.”

”...I don’t think we talked before?”

 

Seulgi was honestly embarrased. She had tried to crack her brain and recall if she had seen her anywhere before. But nothing comes up. If she had met the beauty before, Seulgi was sure she would have caved a deep impression on her.

 

”We didn’t.” 

“T-Then how?”

 

If Seulgi wasn’t being delusional, the beauty might have been caught pouting a little.

 

Suddenly, it was as if she have been talking to another person. The soft-spoken and demure expressions were stripped off and only replaced with annoyance and frustrations.

 

With a huff, the pretty girl gave her back the sketchbook and stood up, dusting her skirt.

 

”Don’t think about anything silly, Kang.”

The brunette really wondered thats what people called as bipolar. For the initially kind and friendly girl was now glaring at her.

 

”Its just my job as the school president to know everyone.” 

 

With that, she spares no glance and started walking away. The glare was so hard that Seulgi’s was too scared to even ask for her name.

 

She ended up buying Wendy a new blender just for the latter to tell her the name of their school president.

 

Irene Bae.

 

What a pretty name.

 

”You know, Seul?”

”hm?”

”You could have just went to the school website to get her name or just look for it at the committee board outside the general office.” 

 

Seulgi have only herself to blame for her stupidity. 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

It was starting again. 

The same nightmare.

 

Seulgi doesn't know if its the harsh of cane meeting her skin countlessly that was tugging at her heart and causing tears to be b or was it because the sight of the raw flesh swelling up that triggered some memories which Seulgi holds preciously yet at the same time, desprately wanting to forget about them. 

 

"I'm asking you for the nth time! Where on earth do you ing get all of these branded stuffs huh!" All of her aunt's screamings went deaf ears as the abused girl could only tremble in pain, "Did you ing stole them from somewhere?!!" 

 

Everything was so messed up. 

Her physical body, mind and emotions. 

 

Before even catching her rugged breath, a rough hand was met with her cheeks that soon burned in soreness. 

 

"You , is that how you going to treat your guardian who brought your burden  up when your useless parents left the world?"

 

Useless parents? 

 

With her fist clenched, Seulgi blinked her wet tears away and glared at the older woman who reminded her of a devil. 

 

The bended cane in her hand. 

Her brows that was lifted high in agony and that only speaks of negativity. 

 

Getting back up from the cold ground, Seulgi staggered her way to hold herself up against the wall, not breaking the strong firm eye-contact with her aunt. 

 

"You have no rights to say that they are useless." 

"Brought me up?" Seulgi laughs maniacally, "More like bring me up as a free slave and sandbag for your hidden saddist cult personality."

 

"You littl   "

 

Being to used to the same techniques the abuser use, Seulgi was quick to grab the upcoming slap on her other cheeks. Her grip tightens as she narrowed her eyes sharply at the older woman.

 

"I'm ing done." 

"I'm leaving this hell."

 

Pushing the older woman away, Seulgi stormed out of her room only to be met with the sight of a trembling Yeri standing outside of the door with tears flowing down.

 

"Y-Yeri...."

All of her anger dissipates and her eyes soften.

 

She had second thought about leaving. 

 

"...I-I     "

"   G-Go unnie." 

"Huh?"

"It's..." Yeri sobbed again, crushing herself into Seulgi's embrace, "It's the only way you can be free from this darkness." 

 

The brunette bite on her lower lips and shut her eyes tightly before pulling back.

 

"Say, Yerim. Do you want to go with me?" 

 

The chances of Yeri leaving this hell with her is high. Espeically when Seulgi knows that those adults don't even show care and love to their only daughter. All they cares and worries about is their business and their profits. 

 

Yeri looked down on the ground and shook her head, "Th-They are still my parents, unnie. I can't just leave like this with you."

If only her parents thought the same way as their daughter all those times they left her behind under Seulgi's care. 

 

Seulgi sighs heavily before bending down a little to place a soft peck on Yeri's temple, "I'm so so sorry, Yerim. I really don't want to leave you." 

 

Yeri nods in understanding, her grip loosen when she hears her mother screaming at the top of her lungs again at three in the morning. 

 

"Can't you leave in the morning? It's already midnight." Yeri questioned. 

 

The brunette sighs and looked over her shoulder to see her door being slammed and the familar enraged woman steps towards them, grabbing Seulgi's wrist and glaring at her furiously. 

 

"You really have no respect for me huh." 

Seulgi snorted, "Give me a reason why should i respect a monster like you?" 

"You..." 

 

Seeing the hand being brought up in the air, Seulgi was prepared to defend herself again when another hand beat her to it. 

 

"Mom! Stop it!" Yeri cried out, pulling the older woman away from Seulgi. 

'Kim Yerim!" 

 

"Unnie please go now." 

Seulgi clenched her fist and looked at Yeri who continued to encourage her to leave. Though she was worried about what the woman would do, Seulgi was too overwhelmed with her emotions.

 

With one last glance, Seulgi ran away from hell in the middle of the night. 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Honestly, Seulgi doesn't know where to go now. She's practically clothed in her pajamas and wandering around the streets. The night was still and peaceful       completely different from Seulgi's thoughts and feelings. 

 

Scrolling though her phone contacts which only consist of six different names, Seulgi could only let out another deep sigh. 

 

"Ugh." A groan instantly left her lips when Seulgi accidentally exert to much strength on her abdomen.

Her hands pressed against the bruised abs as she dragged her injured body to a nearby bench before plopping herself on it. Bringing her hand up, Seulgi grimance at the blemishing red scar on her palm. She tries to blow it to smooth the pain though it didn't work out quite well. Her eyes then wandered to past scars on her wrist. 

 

A bitter smile fell on Seulgi's lips as she runs her finger along the scar.

 

Why do you keep appearing in my thoughts?

 

 

***

 

 

After that small talk she had with Irene, she couldn’t get her face and voice out of her head. Everytime she spend her alone time at the garden, she would unknowingly hope that a certain black-haired beauty would sit next to her.

 

But of course, it’s just a one time thing. 

 

Seulgi had waited exactly for a month. Purposly lingering around the garden for a while longer with the hope that Irene would turn up. But when she don’t, Seulgi would sigh and blame herself for being stupid and delusional. Why would Irene even want to be friends with her? 

 

She’s a nobody while Irene is everything a girl wish to be.

 

But the week wasn’t as good as it should be. Seulgi was being beaten up last night by her aunt for returning home too late from her part-time job. Having to work three part-time jobs at the same time, she barely had time for school works and was failing all of her tests. 

 

She should be panicking now but weirdly, Seulgi could only think of the school president at the midst of this trial. She could have catch up on her sleep in the library or finish her school works given that she have the free time now. Yet, all she wanted to do was to see Irene and rant to her about all the she’s going through right now.

 

It feels like all the pain inflicted on her wrist and arm will leave her alone when she sees Irene. Although she’d just met Irene once, it was undeniable that she felt a strong attraction.

 

Seulgi doesn’t know what kind of attraction. But through that small talk, she knows that she definitely have to know the latter better. Even if she was a bundle of nerve, it was the least uncomfortable conversation she had. (at least with the people she first met) 

 

“What happened to you?” 

Her little tranquil moment was disrupted by a smooth white hand snatching her wrist that was marked with deep cane slaps. 

 

There she was.

Seulgi could only keep mum as she watching Irene running her thumb slightly over the fresh red marks with a worried expression. 

 

She couldn't remember the last time she saw someone looking at her this way. Or even showed her the care. Maybe its the first time she was caught with all the marks. She knows that the protective trio would make a fuss if they were Irene. 

 

“Who the did this to you?” 

 

The brunette doesn’t know if she should be surprised  by the older girl cursing or by how Irene’s eyes was narrowed sharply at her with her fist trembling in anger. 

 

"Tell me, Seulgi." 

 

Seulgi gulps and withdrew her hand away from the older girl before rolling her sleeve down to hide the injury. 

 

"I-It's nothing." 

"It certaintly doesn't look like nothing to me." 

 

Even if she wants to avoid looking at Irene, the school president made the effort to squard down infront of her and grab her face gently before turning her head to look at her. 

 

The way Irene's perfect brows were furrowed and her eyes darting in anxiousness made Seulgi want to just burst out in tears. But she was able to hold herself back.

 

"I won't be leaving this place till you tell me the truth." 

 

And so Irene became the first and only person in the school who knows about Seulgi's abusive guardians. 

 

 

With this first step of courage opening up to the older girl, Seulgi noticed how the two of them started to hang out more frequently at the garden. It was like a slient promise that they will meet at the same place at the same timing everyday in school. 

 

Though there was once where Irene failed to keep the promise and made Seulgi wait for a while three hours. Truth to be told, Seulgi was already panicking internally and questioning if she had did anything wrong the previous day for Irene to not turn up at their usual place or worst still, if Irene was sick or hurt. 

 

However, before her thoughts gets more negative, Irene had appeared infront of the taller girl panting heavily and wearing an apologetic expression. 

 

"I-I'm sorry, Seul! They suddenly had an umplanned meeting and I didn't have your phone number to te    "

 

Seulgi doesn't know what prompted her to even have the audacity to grab Irene's wrist and pull her in for a tight hug.

 

"S-Seulgi?"

"I thought something happened to you"

 

She then felt Irene circling her arms around her waist and snuggling slightly against Seulgi's chest.

 

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting."

 

Since that incident, Seulgi has been texting with Irene. 

 

But that was in the past. The last message they exchanged was half a year ago. It's hard to believe how they could be the best-est of friends just 6 months ago who could share eveything with one another. Till friends (?) who avoids each other in school and don't even think of having a conversation with one another. 

 

Shaking her thoughts away from the certain senior, Seulgi inspected her fresh wounds and could only think of the worst case scenario. 

 

Her staying at this chilly night with full of fine dust for the remaining nights. She's pretty sure her wounds are going to get infected at such environment. 

 

Helpless, Seulgi could only dial on one of the contact and waits for the line to get connected. 

 

"Unnie? I need your help." 

 

***

 

 

Eventhough Seulgi had already told her to just let her stay in her company's hotel for a night, Gyuri had insisted on bring her back to her apartment      or more like a palace to Seulgi.

 

The younger girl's jaw almost dropped when Gyuri droved in this huge mansion just a fiften mintues drive from where she was. Though they hooked up four months ago, Seulgi had never once step near Gyuri’s place. Most of the time, Gyuri would be the one showing up infront of her house and driving her around. 

 

Before she gets lost in the huge place, Seulgi felt a gently hand on her shoulder. She turns and saw Gyuri smiling softly at her before directing her to one of the many rooms at the side.

 

"C'mon, let's get your injuries tended. Looks worser than the last time.” Gyuri sighs and pulls the younger to sit on the bed.

 

”Lie for a while, I’ll just go get the first aid box.” 

 

While waiting for Gyuri to return, Seulgi decided to close her eyes for moment. Her eyes were gettinng heavier and fatigue caught up with her.

 

Just when she was about the fall asleep, she heard a slight crack of the door. Though the sound was soft, Seulgi could hear it clearly. She thought that Gyuri was trying to be gentle and not make so much noise to wake her up. 

“Its okay, unnie. I’m not sleeping. Just resting my eyes.”

But she was meet with no response. Seulgi then opened her eyes and sat up, staring at the door where no one was there. 

 

Weird. She swore she heard the door opening slightly.

 

”Is it the wind?” She muttered to herself and scratch her nap only to groan when she remembered that she had hurt her hands.

 

”Hey sorry I’ve run out of the medical cream.” The raven returns shortly with a frown and arm hugging a box of first aids, “But i have the alcohol to clean your wounds first.”

 

”Thanks unnie,” Seulgi smiles and reach out to take the box, “These would be sufficient.”

 

”Let me help you.” The older girl was about to dip herself on the bed next to Seulgi but was rejected instantly.

 

”its fine. I’m used to this so i have my own way of tending them.” 

 

Upon hearing that, Gyuri couldn’t help but deepen her frown. Seulgi could already see tears threatening to fall from Gyuri’s orbs. Knowing that the older girl was going to cry, Seulgi flashes her a bright smile. 

 

“I’m really fine, unnie.” 

Gyuri recalls how Seulgi had told her not to pity her so she her tears back and nodded slightly.

 

”After you are done, rest okay? Tell me what happened tomorrow. I mean if you are comfortable to share of course.” Gyuri says and lean in to place a soft kiss on Seulgi’s forehead.

 

The younger girl nods slightly, “Thanks so much for letting me in and sorry for interrupting your sleep.”

Gyuri chuckled and shook her head.

 

”I’m your sugar mommy for a reason.” 

 

At that joke, Seulgi was able to crack into a small smile before she makes her way to the toilet and spend the rest of the hour cleansing to her own wounds. As expected, memories starts sinking in yet while Seulgi was doing her normal routine of dealing with the wounds and marks on her body.

 

Seulgi remembers how everything that she’s doing now were all did by the certain black-haied beauty months ago.

 

She recalled seeing how shocked Irene was when she just nonchalantly washed her fresh wounds under the running tap. The older gasped so loudly and immediately wacked Seulgi’s head as if the younger girl didnt carry enough injuries with her.

 

”Owww! What was that for!” 

“You must be kidding me! They are going to get infected if you treat them this carelessly!”

 

Irene had gave her an hour education lecture on hygiene while taking over the job of treating the wounds. In the midst of hearing some unfamiliar bacteria terms and cotton buds pressing on her skin, Seulgi could only focus on Irene’s beautiful voice and how concerntrated she looks. 

 

While staring at the beauty infront of her, Seulgi had almost forget all of the pain until Irene had purpose exert much forces while pressing the bud one of Seulgi’s wounds. 

 

“Hey! That hurts!”

”T-This should be the way you treat your wounds okay?!”

 

Ever since, Seulgi have been using the same method Irene had taught her too.

 

Unfortunately, she didnt have the antibiotic cream and bandages.  

 

Finally done with washing her wounds with the alcohol, Seulgi sighed and made her way back to her room. 

 

Only to be surprised with a black plastic bag on the bed. Curious, Seulgi went to ransack it and saw a tube of  antibiotic cream and a few bandages and plasters of different sizes. 

 

Seulgi quirked a brow and looked at the closed door behind her. 

 

“Did Gyuri unnie got this for me?” Seulgi questioned herself.

Without thinking much, Seulgi just applied the cream and wrapped her wounds with the bandages and plasters bought for her.

 

 

***

 

 

”So what happened last night?”

Seulgi paused her chomping on the American breakfast prepared for her and looked up from her plate. 

The raven-haired beauty leans forward with a curious gaze, waiting for the latter to speak up.

 

”Erm. I sort of run away from home?” 

“Did they...?” Seulgi nods and shrugs. “I told her that I had enough. But now I’m starting to regret.”

”Regret?” 

“I mean, i have no house to stay and all of my belongings are still at that woman’s place.” 

 

Gyuri chuckled and quirked her brow, “Who says you have no house to stay?” The younger girl stares into Gyuri’s eyes and slowly shake her head as she realised what the latter was implying.

 

”No, unnie. I can’t stay here.” 

“Why not?”

”I’ll be a burden and i feel like owe you so much things already.” 

Gyuri rolled her eyes and bring her hand up to caress Seulgi’s soft cheeks, “No you won’t. I will take care of you. Plus, i like that I will get to see you 24/7.”

 

Still feeling indebted to the older girl, she was about to open and protest but it only took Gyuri to give her a firm stare for Seulgi to swollow her words back.

 

I guess i will be staying at this big mansion till i find another more humble place to stay.

 

”Are you done?” Seulgi nods and the older girl smiles before wipping her lips and standing up.

 

”Let’s go, I will send you to school.” 

”D-Don’t you have work?”

”I’m the CEO, Seul.” 

 

Knowing that Gyuri wouldnt take no for an answer, Seulgi just obediently follow her to the garage where they were more than seven different brands of cars.

 

Her jaw almost dropped on the ground as her eyes wanders around the garage while waiting for Gyuri to choose her ‘today’s’ car. Then, her eyes landed on an oddly familar B&W car with golden wheels.

 

It looks like a replica to the school president’s vehicle. Seulgi recalls how amazed she was at the car when Irene had offered her a ride home. Though that was the first and also the last time she had the chance to ride it, Seulgi couldnt forget how comfortable the seats were and how Irene looked so suave driving.

 

Those good old times.

 

“what are you staring at?”

 

Seulgi snapped her eyes away from the striking vehicle then looked at Gyuri who had opened the silver car door, waiting for the latter to enter.

 

”N-Nothing.” 

Gyuri narrowed her eyes then look at where the younger girl’s attention was.

“Ah. That car.” She chuckled, “You like it?” 

Seulgi widen her eyes and shake her head instantly, “Noooo it just thought that I saw a similar designed car before.”

”Really?” Gyuri mused, “Its limited edition though. Theres only three of such cars in this world. The competition was real tough.”

 

”Wow, really?” Seulgi was amazed as she put on the seatbelt while Gyuri nodded and started the engine, “You’re really lucky then.” 

 

“Nah, i didn’t managed to bid for it.” 

“What?”

”It’s not mine.”

”Then whose?” 

 

Gyuri shrugged, "A dongsaeng of mine. She's just temporary using my garage." 

 

 

***

 

 

Seulgi honestly had regretted letting her sugar mommy drive her to school because now, there’s a rumor spreading that she got herself a rich girlfriend. Which is totally untrue because she’s perfectly single just that she has a 10 year older friend (?) who looks after her.

 

Her three friends didn’t make her life easy either. They had been pestering at asking Seulgi about who was that drop-dead gorgeous and y lady with big booty car driving her to school this morning. No matter how much Seulgi tries to tell them that she’s just a friend, they wouldn't believe.

 

“Liar, she couldnt just be a friend!” Wendy exclaimed while Moonbyul followed, “She’s a walking brand!!!! She looked more like a sugar mommy than a friend, Seul.” 

 

Seulgi sighs heavily then nodded, admitting the fact that Gyuri is her sugar mommy. The trio shierked loudly and Seungyeon starts slapping her back repeatedly, demanding for explanation.

 

”you guys are so annoying! Why do you like to poke your noses into my business?” 

“because we are you best friends! And we care for you! we dont want you to be cheated!”

 

At the sincere words and expressions from her besties, Seulgi could only soften her heart and lean back against ther chair. 

 

“I met her like...” Seulgi paused, “around four months ago?” 

”I got ermm... quite wasted that night? “

”Wait.” Wendy held her hand out to interrupt the latter, “YOU DRANK?!”

”WITHOUT US?” 

 

Seulgi groaned and nodded.

“WHY?! WERE YOU ALONE? WHY DIDNT TELL US?”

Not even letting Seulgi have the chance to explain herself, the three of them starts bombing her questions.

 

”Do you guys even want to let me talk?” Seulgi deadpans. After gaining slience, Seulgi continued.

 

”So i met her that day when I was drunk. I was slurring my words and stuffs. I couldn’t remember clearly what happened but the next day, I was at her house. But—“ Seulgi glares at them, “No dirty thoughts. She just brought me to her house since she doesn't know where i stay."

”She took care of me the whole night and then she told me that my drunken cried the whole night and spilled all of my problems to her. Then suddenly she just offered to be my sugar mommy. I rejected it at first and ran away right after that.” 

 

“But she somehow got my number and knew where i lived. It happened that there was some situation that I needed someone’s help and she was just there. So i ended up relying on her alot and yeah, thats where i finally decided to agree.”

 

Seulgi sums up her whole relationship process with Gyuri and waited for a respond from her friends.

 

“What kind of problems did you had that you abused yourself with alcohol?” 

Seems like they are more curious about her problems than her having a hot sugar mommy. 

Just as Seulgi was about to shrug it off as nothing, the whole cafeteria started hollering. The four pairs of eyes promptly darted to where the center of attention was.

 

It was the student council aka the popular kids.

Irene’s clique. 

 

She doesn’t know if she was delusional or anything but she swears she saw Irene looking right into her eyes. Though Seulgi was quick to shake off the butterflies in her stomach and look away from the beauty’s stare.

 

”Is it because of her?” 

“Her? Who?”

”Irene Bae.”

 

Wendy started frowning at the lack of response from her friend and started thinking back.

 

”right, you guys were getting pretty close just awhile ago. What happened?”

 

Seulgi started panicking and tries to deny, “I-I don’t even talk to her! 

 

Obviously, she was a bad liar.

 

With how the three pairs of narrowed eyes were boring holes into her soul, Seulgi knew she the only way to escape from this was to run. So she quickly took her bag and was prepared to make for a run but she didnt realise that someone was going to walk pass.

 

The minute she struck out her foot to make a dash, she felt herself being flung onto her back from the impacted collusion.

 

Her wounds immediately starts acting up when they bumped against the ground. With the pain hissing on her elbow and hands, Seulgi could only scream sliently and shut her eyes tightly waiting for the pain to disappear.

 

”Seul!” 

 

The said girl doesn't need to open her tear-filled eyes to know who had rushed to her rescue. Just by hearing that honey-like velvety gentle voice and the lavender scent invading her space, Seulgi knew exactly who was it. 

 

She refused to open her eyes and continued to hold onto her wounds till a pair of warm hands cover over hers. 

 

"Are you okay?" Despite her not wanting to open her eyes and face the senior, somehow Irene was able to get her to look at her in her own magical way. 

 

Seulgi gulped at the sight of the goddess infront of her looking at her with distressted eyes. It has been long since she get to see this flawless and perfect face this close and its ceetainly not healthy for her poor heart.

Irene kept her eyes fixed on Seulgi's wet orbs, trying to search for an answer in the midst of getting ignored by the younger girl. 

 

"Are you hurt?" She tried again. 

 

This time, Seulgi managed to shake her head and look away. Though the sharp pain that strike her arm when she tried to support herself up, said otherwise. Irene's attention immediately went towards Seulgi's arm and the younger could see how Irene's orbs had widen itself. Looking down at her white long sleeve, Seulgi hissed and cursed inwardly when she saw that the pair of pullover wasn't pure white anymore. 

 

"You're obviously hurt, Seul." Irene reaches out but another hand was quicker to do the job. The school president frowned and looked up immediately only to clench her teeth at the familar woman who had sent Seulgi to school this morning. Both of them stared at each other as tension begin building up till Seulgi calls out. 

 

"G-Gyuri unnie, what are you doing here?" The raven showed the phone that Seulgi accidentally left earlier on in her car. "You left this." 

She then squad down and balled her fist at the sight of Seulgi's arms bleeding again.

"What happened?" 

"I fell." 

Seulgi simply replied and bit on her lower lips to bear with the pain. The pain wasn't her main worries right now.  What she's anxious about is how Irene was glaring at the both of them. She was sending signals for Gyuri to catch, hoping that she would be able to pull her out of this situation. 

 

Thankfully, Gyuri seemed to have caught the distress signals and nod a little with assurance. 

 

"C'mon, let's go." She says softly and circle her hands around Seulgi's wrist, trying to pull her up gently. They were about to turn their back away and walk away when Irene stops them.

 

"Where are you bringing her to? She's injured." She questioned when she realised that they weren't heading to the infirmary direction.

Gyuri heaved a huge sigh and turn her head alittle, "Don't worry, I will take care of her."

The shorter girl frowns then tugged at the end of Seulgi's shirt to ask for her attention,"Let me take you to the infirmary, Seulgi." 

 

"No, it's fine."

 

Seulgi swears she regretted her words when she saw how Irene's expression fell.

 

 

 

***

 

 

”UNNIE!” 

 

Although it has only been less than a week she had left that hell place, it felt like she haven’t seen Yeri for months or even years. Seeing the young girl wearing her big wide favourite grin while running towards her, made Seulgi feel alive again. 

The cousins engulfed each other with tight hugs, not wanting to let go any time sooner till Seulgi could feel her left shoulder getting wet.

“Hey, whats wrong?” Seulgi pulls away and furrowed her brow at the crying Yeri. The younger girl sobbed and started punching her cousin’s shoulder, “Why didn’t you contact me!” 

“I was so worried!”

”Sorry, I was trying to adjust myself to the new environment.” Seulgi smiles apologetically and wiped the tears away from Yeri’s soft cheeks, “But how did you know I live here?” 

 

She was pretty sure she didnt tell Yeri where she’s currently staying at. 

“Irene unnie told me.”

”I-Irene?” 

 

How did she even know?

 

Yeri nods, “Since I couldn't find you, I called Irene unnie and asked her if she had seen you.”

”Di-Did you told her what happened?” 

”She was pestering me to answer why you ran away.”

Seulgi clicked her tongue and sigh, “You could have called Wendy, Seungyeon or Moonbyul.” 

 

Yeri shrugs, “Irene unnie is the most reliable one out of them. Only she knows about our family situation, no? I just thought that if i were to call them, they would probably demand me to tell them the whole story.” 

 

True that. 

 

”Its already late though.” Seulgi says, looking her watch, “Come, i will send you back home.”

Yeri frown, “This fast? I specially escape from mom’s watch just to see you unnie! And you are gonna send me home this quickly?” 

 

Seulgi chuckled, “I missed you too kiddo. Just that you have class tomorrow and I dont want you to be sleeping through the lessons. We can talk while walking, i will buy you ice cream. How does that sound?” 

 

At the mention of ice cream, Yeri’s face lit up.

 

“ONLY WITH ONE CONDITION!!!” 

“What is it?” 

“Irene unnie will join us.” 

Seulgi widen her eyes, “What? Irene? S-She might be busy. Lets not disturb he    

 

    I’m not busy at all.”

The brunette almost choked on her saliva when she see Irene appearing behind the tall tree with a shy smile. Yeri immediately went forth to pull the slightly taller girl towards her cousin and beamed, “She drove me here! So its only fair if we treat her ice cream for letting us meet up!”

 

Seulgi couldn’t even reject or even say yes when Yeri just link her arms with the both of them and start skipping towards Irene's limited edition B&W golden wheeled car.

 

 

***

 

 

Seulgi was pretty sure that devil’s child Yeri had planned all of these out. If not why would she suddenly say she had to meet up with Saeron at 10pm in the middle of their night snack date and run off, even rejecting Seulgi’s and Irene’s offer of sending her there. 

 

Yeri (10:10pm)

yah! Kang Seulgi! You better fix this friendship or relationship back with irene unnie! I have no idea what happened between you two but she was damn worried when i told her what happened back at home.

 

If she had knew earlier, Seulgi would have not even mentioned ice cream. Now, she’s stuck in this ice cream parlour with the person she’s most awkward with.

Without Yeri starting the conversation like on the way to the parlour, the both highschool students were just nibbling on the ice cream’s biscuits, looking everywhere just not at each other.

 

”H-How’s your wounds?” Suddenly, Irene decided to break the ice and look at Seulgi timidly. The younger girl just give a slight nod, “It’s better now.” 

 

Then the slience came back. Oh how Seulgi wish that Yeri was her or that she could just disappear from this suffocating atmosphere. Maybe she should just hurry up finish her ice cream and go.

So Seulgi started stuffing the reminding ice cream into when she heard soft giggling from the girl opposite her. 

 

“You’re still the same.”

”huh?”

”You still eat like a bear.”

 

Bear.

That was a nickname Irene had given her one afternoon when they were hanging out at their usual place.

 

 

”hey, did anyone told you that you look like a bear?”

”bear?”

”yeah, espcially when you are munching on your food.” 

Irene chuckled and wipe the side of Seulgi’s lips that were tainting with mayo sauce. The younger girl couldnt forget how red she got at that action and immediately swollowed down her food before roughly wipping with the back of her hand.

”Oh! That reminds me of a bear too.” 

“I-I’m not bear!”

”You are! Seul-Gom.”

”what?” 

Irene grinned teasingly.

 

“T-Then you’re a bunny!” 

The brunette tried to revenge but that nickname turned out to be more adorable than she expected it to be.

”That’s cute, Seulgom. That shall be our nicknames from now.”

 

 

“Do you still remember?” 

If Irene was referring to that incident, then yes.

Though Seulgi was certain that she still remembers all of the memories she holds with Irene. Afterall, it has only been less than a year.  

 

“Our nicknames?”

Irene smiles and nods, “Am I still a bunny?”

”I guess so.” Seulgi replies, continue eating her dessert. 

 

“What happened to us?” 

She halted and looked up to see Irene’s downcasted pair of eyes. Her teeth clenching brows furrowed in confusion. 

“How did we ended up so awkward?” 

 

Seulgi gulped, not expecting the older girl to be so straightforward.

 

”Its have been almost seven months since we ever hang out or even  have a proper conversation.” Irene voice was shaky and Seulgi knew she had hurt the older girl, “W-What happened to our usual hang out place at the garden? How long more do I have to wait for you to appear there everyday?” 

The brunette widen ger eyes in surprise, “Y-You waited for me there everyday?”

Irene momentarily close her eyes and sighed heavily, “I’ve never managed to see you. Were you trying to avoid me?” 

“What did I do?” 

Seulgi could see the desperation and the tiredness. 

 

“It’s not your fault, Irene.” 

”Then why not you ing tell me the reason for suddenly walking out of my life and treat me as if I’m a ing stranger?!”

Irene blew up and Seulgi starts trembling. She was always afraid whenever someone raises their voice. It reminds her of the shoutings and abuses she experienced since young.

”I-I’m sorry.” Seulgi found Irene’s hand smoothing onhers gently, “I didn’t mean to lash out at you. I...I just—“

 

Seulgi stared at her phone that was ringing with an incoming call from Gyuri. She glanced at Irene who had slacken her jaw and unreluctantly let go of Seulgi’s hand for the younger girl to accept the call. 

 

“-Gyuri unnie?”

”Yeah, I’m still outside.”

”With...a friend of mine.” 

“Yeah, we are leaving soon. No its okay, you do not need to send me home. I’ll be fine.”

”okay, see you later.”

 

Seulgi quickly end the call and smiled slightly, “I think I have to go now.” 

 

The black-jet haired beauty nods and stood up together with Seulgi, “I’ll give you a ride.“

 

“No its fine.”

”I insist.” 

 

 

***

 

 

The tension in the car was much better with the soft music playing out from the radio as compared to the awkwardness back in the parlour. 

At least it wasn’t complete slience. 

Seulgi looked out of the window, admiring the scenery while trying to ignore the constant glances from the driver. 

 

“Are things settled at your guardian’s place?” 

Seulgi turned her attention to Irene whose eyes was fixed on the road.

 

“yeah, i guess? I just left after screaming at her.” Seulgi was slightly proud of how she managed to do that. 

 

Irene smiled, “You should have done that a long time ago. But congrats.”

“For?”

”Escaping from hell.” 

Seulgi chuckled, “Yeah congrats to me.” 

 

Soon after, they had reached Gyuri’s place. As Irene pulls over, they could see Gyuri pacing at the front of the door. 

 

“Seems like your girlfriend is waiting for you.”

“Girlfriend?”

Irene smiles bitterly and bobbed her head towards Gyuri who seemed to noticed their presence, “yeah, isnt she your girlfriend? Everyone in school was spazzing about you guys.”

The brunette immediately shook her head, denying, “We aren’t together.”

Seulgi noticed how Irene blinks in confusion as she looked out of the window and then tighten her hold around the steering wheel.

 

”Thanks for the ride.”

Seulgi quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and gave Irene a grateful smile. However, before she could fully get out of the car, Irene held her wrist and stopped her. 

 

”C-Can we hang out again? Like usual?” 

Seulgi blinks while Irene patiently waited for an answer.

 

”Seulgi.” 

The said girl turns her head and saw Gyuri looking at them. Words couldnt explain how Seulgi felt beig sandwiched in the middle of the tension that suddenly build up. It was as if Seulgi was caught cheating on her partner.

”Have a safe trip home, Irene sunbae.”

Breaking the tensed atmoshpere, Seulgi smiles and politely withdew her hand before bowing and close the door before allowing Gyuri to bring her in the mansion.

 

 

***

 

 

Honestly Seulgi isn’t comfortable      having to be spooned by the older woman. It was weird for Gyuri to request a cuddling session all of the sudden. 

 

“Hey, are you alseep?” Gyuri questioned while caressing the younger’s brown locks. The said girl shook her head in response, trying to move a little bit away from Gyuri’s touches. Sensing how jumpy the younger girl was, Gyuri loosen her grip, “Are you uncomfortable?”

 

Seulgi turns her head slightly to see Gyuri’s raised brow and smiled sheepishly, “yeah, just not used to cuddling and having someone so close.”

”Then what happens if your future partner wants to cuddle?” Gyuri chuckled at the blank face Seulgi was showing, “Looks like it never came across your mind before?”

The brunette shrugged, “I guess I will be fine? Since we love each other right?”

Gyuri’s eyes soften at the innocent words.

”Do you not love me?”

”What?”

Seulgi was obviously caught off guard with that question. 

“Erm... I do love you..”

”But not that way right? Not the way like how I feel towards you.” 

Confusion etched on Seulgi’s face, “How do you feel towards me?”

 

what an oblivious dumb .

 

Gyuri simply smiled and shake her head, “When the time is right, you will know.” 

“if you say so.” Seulgi decided not press on as she slowly get used to being in Gyuri’s embrace.

 

”Can i ask you something?”

”Sure.”

”It’s her right? The one who sent you back.”

”Irene?”

”yeah, the one who broke your heart.” 

 

The slience that Seulgi gave was all Gyuri need to know.

“Do you still have feelings for her?” 

It took a good whole ten mintues or so for Seulgi to gather her courage.

 

”I do.” 

“But too bad. She’s taken already.”

 

 

***

 

 

“Yo slug, how was the test?” Moonbyul questioned while Seungyeon and Wendy were discussing their answers. Those two were the more hardworking ones between the four of them. While Seulgi and Moonbyul are the ones who would do last minute studying and just wack the exams, relying on pure luck.

Seulgi shrugs, “Probably the same as you, Byul.”

”Just hoping for a pass?” 

“Yes,” Seulgi groaned, “I just wanna get these exams over and enjoy my vacations.” 

Wendy and Seungyeon ears perked up at the word vaction, pausing their discussion and excitedly joining in their comversation.

 

”What are you guys planning to do during the holidays?”

Seungyeon smiled brightly, “Should we have a pajamas party???”

”At whose?”

Moonbyul formed an X with her arm against her chest and pouted, “The last time we had one in my house, my parents had scolded me and warned me to not have anymore sleepovers.” 

“Oops.” 

Wendy then raised her hands and looked at Seulgi in anticipation, “What about at Seulgi’s? You moved in to a new place with that hot mama of yours right!” 

“W-Wait. How did you know?” 

Seungyeon shrugs, “Figured. Considering the fact that she’s the one who sent you go school every morning since the day you left your house.” 

“Speaking of that.” Moonbyul frowned, “Why did you left your house?” 

Seulgi shrugged, “Just wanted to try living on my own.” 

“Ehy.” Wendy shakes her head, “You just want to be with your sugar mommy right?”

The brunette rolled her eyes at the teasings and tried to move on another topic. Which fortunately, Moonbyul did. However, the topic now was on Irene. 

 

“Have you guys heard of that news?”

”What news?”

”About Irene and Jin.” 

 

Seulgi knew that she wouldn’t want to hear what’s coming right after that. 

 

“Jin apparently met up with Irene’s parents and seems like their relationship are going steady.”

”Yeah, everyone was saying that both of them are going to Europe to study medicine after graduation.”

”Ugh, what a good life.” 

 

Europe? With Jin? 

 

Seulgi could only remain mum as her brain starts to process the new piece of information. Irene is in her senior year. Which means if that rumor is really true, Irene is only gonna be in Korea in the next 2 months. After that, she would be gone for good. 

 

Irene will be leaving Korea.

Irene will be leaving Seoul.

Irene will be leaving her. 

 

With that thoughts, Seulgi found her legs running towards the path that she had never once went before in seven months. 

 

Please be there...

 

Seulgi ran with all her might, bumping into some pillars before she managed to make it to the quiet and still garden, panting heavily. 

 

“I-Irene?”

She called out when she saw someone lying against The huge tree that used to be their favourite resting place. 

Other than Irene and her, Seulgi was pretty sure that no one else would come here. So, she took a few timid steps towards the figure who stayed unmoving.

 

"Irene." She calls out, this time louder. Seeing the other having slight movement, Seulgj prepared her head and close her eyes, breathing in deeply.

 

”Seulgi?” 

At the unfamiliar voice, Seulgi immediately opened her eyes. 

 

Gyuri was smiling at her ear to ear, getting up on her foot.

 

“G-Gyuri unnie?”

“Are you done with the test?” 

Seulgi nodded slightly, feeling disappointed and appalled at the same time with the sudden appearance of Gyuri, “W-What are you doing here, unnie?”

Gyuri shrugged, “I was waiting for you to go home together. But I was too early, so I came in and waited instead and wander around the school till I found this peaceful place.”

 

”Oh I see...” 

“How did the test went?”

 Seulgi shrugs, “I tried my best.” 

 

The raven girl chuckled and slowly walked up to the latter, giving her a tight hug, “It will be fine then, you’re a smart girl. No?” 

“I’m not really academically bright but oh wells lets just hope for a pass.” Seulgi says with a sigh. 

“Aigoo, my baby have worked hard.” Gyuri giggles and then bend down slightly to meet with the shorter girl, “Let me reward you.“

 

Food might be a good attraction away from Irene.

 

Seulgi thought and smiles softly, turning her heels around and preparing to leave till she felt Gyuri pulling her back and gently pushing her against the tree she was leaning against before.

”yah, where are you going?” 

The younger girl blinked and was confused for a moment at their compromising position. It was till Gyuri lean in and capture her lips that she understood what reward the older girl meant. 

Though she wasn’t up to a kissing session, Seulgi didn’t have the heart to reject the older girl who took care of her the past weeks and for the whole four months. 

 

So Seulgi kisses back softly, wanting to just entertain Gyuri and pull away quickly. Afterall, her conscience were eating her up when she remembers what she was doing with Gyuri at Irene’s and her secret meeting place.

 

But it was too late.

 

 

“Who the gave you the permission to enter the school premises?” 

 

Seulgi instantly pushed Gyuri away at the familar stern voice. Flustered, Seulgi could only froze in her spot and stare at the red-faced Irene, glaring daggers at Gyuri. 

 

The raven quirked a brow, “The guards let me in. I don’t think there’s a rule to stop public from entering the school?”

 

“Oh there is.” Irene smiles menacingly, “The rule has just been set by me, the school president... A minute ago.”

She took a bold step towards Gyuri. Eventhough she’s way shorter than the working woman in heels, her aura certainly made up the height disadvantage.

”and since,” She paused, directing her attention to the frozen girl then glances back at Gyuri, “You’re Seulgi’s guest, she have to take the punishiment on behalf of you.” 

 

“That’s stupid.” Gyuri scoffed, stopping Irene from grabbing Seulgi’s wrist. 

Knowing Irene’s personality and tolerance level, Seulgi knew if Gyuri were to futher provoke the older girl, she might really recieve harsher punishment.

 

”Unnie, just go first.” 

“But...”

”Please? I promise to call you.”

 

***

 

The brunette tries to ignore the pain afflicted by the tight grip around her wrist as she lets herself being pulled by the ranging bunny. Even from her backview, Seulgi knew that the president is in foul mood. So without complaining, Seulgi tolerated the pain all the way till they reached the student council meeting room where a small meeting was going on.

 

”All of you get out.” Irene says coldly, without letting go of the taller’s wrist. 

“B-But we are still in the midst of our meeting.” Jisoo reply, staring at the president and Seulgi in confusion.

Irene rolled her eyes, “Do what i say, Kim Jisoo.” 

 

Slience.

At the lack of movement from her juniors, Seulgi winced when her wrist got suffocated even more.

 

“GET THE OUT.” 

Within split seconds, Seulgi was finally alone with Irene after Jisoo was wishing her good luck with her eyes before shutting the door close. 

Yeah. Good luck to me.

 

Still after the door was shut, Irene had not let go of her.

 

”H-Hey, can you let go now?” Seulgi questioned carefully, trying to wiggle her wrist out of Irene’s grip, “I-It sort of hurts.”

Seulgi felt her wrist finally able to catch some air when Irene dropped her it all of a sudden.

”I-I’m sor—“ The black-haired almost apologized but swollowed her words back as she made her away towards her table stacked with paper works without looking at Seulgi.

 

The younger took the slience as the time to caress her now pink wrist with a pout. Irene had never been this rough on her before. Perhaps she was really angry that Gyuri step into the school. 

 

But why would she be mad at Gyuri unnie for entering the school? Unnie was right to say that that was no such rules...

 

“Do you know what you did wrong?” 

Still facing her back against her junior, Irene raised the question up sharply. 

Seulgi gulped and gets fidgety out of nervousness, “E-Erm, for letting Gyuri unnie in?” 

“Wrong. You have two more chances left.” 

The younger’s jaw dropped and started playing with the end of her uniform blouse that was slightly tucked out.

 

”For...For..” Seulgi really have no idea what she did wrong for to get punished. She had tried her best to stay out of trouble so that she wouldn’t have to be called to the council and have a ‘coffee talk’ with Irene’s clique. 

 

”You are telling me that you have no idea what you did wrong, am i correct?”

Finally Irene spun around and looked at her, wearing that usual ice princess cold expression. Seulgi slowly nodded and scratched her nape. 

 

“You said I have to take the punishiment on behalf of Gyuri unnie.” 

Irene scoffed, “Gyuri unnie.”

”Who the is she to you seriously?”

”She’s...”

 

”You told me you are not together with her.” 

Seulgi nodded, “yeah we are not.”

A frustrated groan left Irene’s lips, “Then why the do i see you...” Irene closed her eyes and force the words out of , “why do i see you being so intimate with her?”

 

The brunette was taken back by how distraught the older girl sounded.

”Its...complicated.” 

“Explain to me then.” 

Seulgi sighed defeatedly, “Why do I have to explain to you?” 

“If you don’t, you have to face the punishiment. I’m giving you a chance to explain yourself, Kang Seulgi.” 

 

The brunette groaned internally and fnally gave in. She tries to leave out as much details as possible. Like not mentioning how she met Gyuri because she would confirm question why she was drunk.

 

”So she’s your sugar mommy?”

 

Seulgi winced when she heard the way Irene said it. She felt judged and Irene certainly didn’t look happy with that weird relationship between Gyuri and her.

 

Seulgi simply nodded and look down on her shoes.

 

”She gives you branded clothes and money in exchange for your kisses and hugs?” 

Seulgi really didn’t like that scarastic tone of Irene. 

 

“Are you that desperate?”

 

Okay that hurts as . 

 

Clenching her fist, Seulgi stared into Irene’s eyes hardly. She could feel her body trembling in anger. 

 

“You don’t know anything.”

You don’t know how much you broke me, Irene Bae.

 

“She was there when I was at my lowest point so don’t you ever speak badly about her.” 

 

Not wanting to continue this conversation, Seulgi spun around and walked towards the door. But she never managed to make it out because the next moment, she found herself being pinned against the door with a soft pair of lips placed against hers.

 

What the ?

 

It was as if her body function shuts down the second she felt Irene moving her lips while her one of her hand were grabbing her neck, pulling her down closer. The hairs at the back of her neck and her arms stands as Irene holds her closer and kisses her deeper. She could practically feel the older girl's lips all over her and it's certaintly driving her nuts.

 

“How can I be there for you when you didn’t even spare me a single glance?” 

 

As much as Seulgi wants to give a response, she can’t even breath properly. 

Irene leans in again and again, placing short pecks while waiting for Seulgi to finally get her body to function again and process everything.  

 

“You avoided me like a plague for months, Seul. I couldn’t reach out to you at all. Even if i wanted to talk to you, you would turn do a u-turn just to avoid me and take a longer route even though you are late.” 

 

The black-haired leans her forehead together with Seulgi, “Tell me, what on earth did I do wrong?” 

 

“Y-You...” Seulgi was finally able to get the sense and strength back slightly. Enough to push Irene away and look at her as if she had grew two heads, “What are you doing??”

Irene frowned and tried to take a step closer to the latter. But each step she took, Seulgi took a step back.

 

”Stop it, Irene.”

”Stop what? All i wanted was to know why on earth we became like this, Seulgi!”

”You could have just asked!”

 

Irene raked her hair in frustration, “HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I ASKED, SEUL? I NEVER GOT MY ANSWER!”

“WHY DID YOU EVEN KISS ME?” 

“BECAUSE I WANT TO!” Irene exclaimed, “WHY THE THAT WOMAN GETS TO KISS YOU AND NOT ME?”

 

Seulgi shakes her head at the outburst, “This is exactly what’s wrong, Irene!” 

“I thought...I thought you everything was fine, Irene.” Seulgi looked away, hiding her falling tears, “I was so sure about it. Your action and your words.”

”I-I thought you liked me, Irene.”

 

Irene shook her head and craddles the younger’s face into her hands, looking at her warmly. 

”No Seul, like is an understatement. I’m in love with you.” 

Seulgi closes her eyes and calm herself down, “Drop the act, Irene. All of your misleading actions are all because of a stupid bet.” 

 

“What?” Confusion etched on Irene’s perfect face as Seulgi continues, “What bet?” 

 

”Your jerk boyfriend told me everything.” 

“You approached me because his friends dared you to make me fall for you.”

 

With how Irene momentarily froze up and gets paler, Seulgi knew that Jin didn’t lied.

 

”Why did I avoid you?” 

“I was ing hurt because I fell into your trap.”

”You won the bet, Irene. Leave me alone now.”

 

 

***

 

 

Seulgi thought she was getting better. After months of avoiding the older girl, she thought she could finally get over the pain, betrayal and her feelings. But apparently not, because just by that confrontation, Seulgi felt sick in her stomach. Her heart was so numb that she could barely feel it pumping anymore. Fatigue crushed over her when she didn’t even do much. All she wanted to do now was to hide in under the blanket and cry the of out her eyes. 

 

“Seulgi... Please open up for me? What happened to you?” 

 

Ever since she came back from school, Seulgi had shut herself in the room and rolled under the blanket. No matter how much Gyuri had called for her or knocked against the door Seulgi wouldn’t respond. 

 

“Is it because of Irene? What did she do to you ? Tell me.” 

Seulgi shut her eyes and shielded her ears with her hands. Irene’s name is the last thing she wants to hear right now. Everything hurts like a . 

Soon after, Seulgi fell alseep with soft whimpers.

 

 

”What do you mean that I can’t see her?”

 

Why does she even hear Irene’s voice in her dream? Is there no way Irene could leave her alone? 

 

“She doesn’t wish to see you. Leave her alone.”

”Stop lying. I’m not going to believe your words anymore. The last time when I asked if you are together with Seulgi, you ing lied to me.”

 

Groggily, Seulgi get up from the bed and held her aching head before dragging herself to the door where the commotions were.

 

”Can you lower your voice? Seulgi is sleeping!” 

“You are just trying to keep her away from me! I can’t believe that you’re so selfish! I shouldn’t have asked you for that favour!”

”Irene Bae, where the is your respect?”

” the respect when you are trying to take Seulgi away from me."

“Listen. Cousin or not. Kang Seulgi is mine and i will appreciate if you stop coming between us.” 

 

Cousin?

 

Without thinking much, Seulgi turned the knob and walked out of the room.

 

“What do you mean?” 

The aruging pair instantly stopped their bickerings and widen their eyes as they directed their attention to the cause of their conflict.

 

”S-Seulgi...” Gyuri’s voice trembles, “How long have you been standing there?” 

The younger harden her stare, “Long enough to hear that you guys are related.”

 

“What is this scheme you two are putting me in?” The cousins could pick out the venomous tone and shudders to see the usual calm Seulgi seething red. 

 

Gyuri was quick to take little jogs over to Seulgi and held her hand desperately, “I can explain.” 

“Do it before I change my mind.”

Before the business woman could open , Irene had stepped forward.

 

“Unnie, can you leave us alone for a moment? It will be easier for her to understand from my side.” Irene sighed when she sees Gyuri looking reluctant.

”I promise that Seulgi will hear you out for your part. Please just let me talk to her if you still love me as your dongsaeng.” 

 

Although reluctant, Gyuri nodded a little and lets go of Seulgi’s hand. Irene mutters a soft thank you and drags Seulgi back to her room. 

 

Once Irene closes the door behind her, she promptly push herself into Seulgi’s embrace. Clutching onto the younger’s shirt tightly while her snuggling her nose against Seulgi’s shoulder and collarbone. 

 

“What are you doing?” Seulgi’s voice was cold, her hands attempting to push the older girl away but Irene was stubborn as both of her arms circled Seulgims waist, hugging her tight.

”You misunderstood everything, Seul.” 

“Oh yes I did.” Seulgi chuckled bitterly, her arms stay rigid at her sides as she gave up shaking the clingy girl away, “I mistaken your actions as something romantic. My guts failed me.” 

Irene shakes her head and tilt her head upwards staring into the brunette’s soul.

 

”No, your guts were accurate.” Seulgi rolled her eyes at Irene’s persistence. 

“Stop it, i already know its all a game. So stop it being stubborn with your bet and let me move on will you?” 

Irene groaned. She knew that Seulgi wasn’t going to believe in her and her frustrations were building up. Seulgi says she’s stubborn but the one who is acting like a cow right now is herself. 

 

Pushing Seulgi up against the wall, Irene flared.

“You’re the one being stubborn here, Kang! You won’t even hear me out and believe what I’m saying! I’m trying to tell you the truth and yet you kept pushing me away!” 

Seulgi clenched her teeth, “Then explain yourself!” 

 

“I’m ing in love with you for years!” 

The taller girl froze up in her position. Not because of the confession but the sudden tears bursting out of her favourite pair of bunny eyes. Seulgi could feel how tight Irene’s grip was around her wrist as she was being pinned.

 

“T-Two years ago. At freshmen orientation. I fell in love with you. But I didn’t dare to approach you because there was rumor around you. That you are unapproachable and hard to be friends with.” 

As Irene blinks, more tears rolled down her cheeks. Her grip on Seulgi’s hand loosen as they went numb and fall to the side of their collided bodies instead. Seulgi could feel her heart tightening at the sight of Irene breaking down. It was the first time she had seen Irene crying. The older was always seen with a bright smile and outgoing personality. Not this fragile and weak woman.

 

”D-Do you think I’m outgoing and friendly?” 

Well, she did approached Seulgi first back then. 

Seulgi gulped and nodded lightly, her hands slowly found their strength to cup Irene’s face and wipe the tears away. The black-haired chuckled and lean her body weight onto Seulgi, "I’m a 85% introvert, Seul. I hate human interaction as much as you do. I hate starting conversations. I’m an awkward piece of block infront of crowds and I feel uncomfortable talking to strangers.”

 

”You approached me, Irene.” Seulgi frowns. As an introvert herself, she knows how hard is it for her to initiate any human interaction, “Plus, you are the school president.”

Irene caress her cheeks against Seulgi’s warm hand, “I only accepted to be the school president because of you.” 

“Me?” 

“I wanted to break out of my introverted self and build on my communication skills. So that I could finally get the courage to talk to you someday before I graduate of course. So I take up all sort of roles. Attend events and interact with different human beings.” Irene continues looking down at Seulgi’s collarbone, “I did became more confident and have more friends then i had in middle school. I thought I would be brave enough to approach you.”

 

Irene huff and leans her forehead against Seulgi’s chest, ”But no. I couldn’t do it. Even when I see you from far, my chest would thump like thunder and I will become so red that my friends would tease me about it. It was safe to say that I practically turn into a block of ice whenever you come into my vision.”

 

”But you talk perfectly fine that day.” Seulgi says, “I was the awkward one between the both of us.”

She could feel Irene’s lips curling up into a small smile.

“I would have been awkward if it wasn’t with the help of your friends.” 

“You mean Moonbyul, Wendy and Seungyeon?” 

 

Irene nods. 

 

“I went to ask them and got some tips on how they became friends with you. I thought with all the information I could finally approach you but again, fear creeps in.” 

“My friends could no longer stand it and dared me to initiate a conversation with you if not I would have to do a punishiment.” Irene giggles, “and you should know how competitive I am and the punishiment was really bad too.” 

 

“What’s the punishiment?” 

“I have to stand at the foyer and announce that I have a crush on you the next morning.” 

 

Seulgi blushed at the thought of receiving a public confession from the school’s sweetheard. Eventhough it’s really romantic and all, a shiver ran down Seulgi’s spin. Imagine all of the attention she would be receiving. Luckily, Irene mustered up her courage to talk to her.

 

”Other than the fact that it would be embarrassing for me, I figured that it would scare you away.” Irene looks up with a soft grin, “and I certainly do not want to scare my crush away without even having a chance to talk to her.” 

Seulgi looks away to hide her crimson cheeks. 

 

“So I talked to you and everything went well. We bonded well and I was falling even harder for you. We became inseparable and you even shared with me your deepest secret. I thought whatever that was between us was going to bring us somewhere. But...” Irene drags her sentence as tears threatens to spill again, her body shudders and hand balled into fist.

 

”One day I was waiting for you at our usual hang out place. One hour. I waited with my bento made for you the previous night. Two hours. Break was over, yet you didn’t turn up. Calls and texts were ignored. I was worried but I still waited instead of going for classes. Three hours. The food went cold and I gave up and head back to class. After school, I went to find you. Only to see you running like a mad woman to the opposite direction when you see me.”

Irene felt like someone was pinching her chest as she recalls those months Seulgi avoided her like a plague. 

The taller girl avoided Irene’s teary eyes guiltly. 

“I-I didnt know what happened for you to avoid me. It had been sleepless months for me, Seulgi.” The sobs that once subsides came back, “I was trying to figure out what happen and making things back to normal. But it wasn’t easy. It’s suffocating enough to not see you as much as I used to. But it hurts as whenever I see you yet you pretended that you didn’t know me.“

 

”I figured that you just didn’t want to be friends with me anymore. So i gave up after a few months but I realised that the feelings I have was much stronger than I’ve expected.” Irene leans in and kisses Seulgi’s cheeks that was stained with dry tears. 

"I would wait for you to end class and  follow you everyday to make sure that you reach home safely and got Yeri to keep me updated once in awhile to see how you are coping.

"Then, I see you getting yourself drunk one night."

Irene recalls that night where she made one of the worst decision ever. 

 

 

***

 

Irene couldn’t believe her eyes. She thought her eyes were playing tricks with her when she saw Seulgi staggering her way out of the pub late at night. The younger girl was definitely drunk and the older girl girl saw how Seulgi had puke her guts on the grass while supporting herself against the tree trunk. 

 

Almost immediately, Irene rushes to her friend's side and ran her hands along Seulgi's back trying to comfort the girl. 

"Why did you drink so much, Seulgi-yah?" 

The drunken girl wipes her drool at the side of her lips and turn her to face the older girl. Irene could tell Seulgi when overboard with the alcohol when she could barely recognise her.

 

"W-Who a..are you?" She slurrs and squeeze her small eyes a little, trying to get a clearer view of the girl infront of her. Irene furrows her brows, wanted to link her arms around Seulgi to drag her to her car.

However, Seulgi yanked her hand away and scoffed. 

 

"Oh isn't this the great Irene Bae?"

 

Irene felt her heart breaking and tears threatenig to fall when she heard Seulgi saying her name with so much distaste and anger. Seulgi who always had been calling her name otu so softly and gently with so much affections was now staring at her so coldly. 

 

It felt so distant.

 

"Seulgi, you're drunk."

Shaking her thoughts off, Irene prioritize the younger's safety first and wanted to get her to somewhere safe and warm before she starts questioning Seulgi when she gets more sober. However, things didn't go the way she wanted it to be. Seulgi did everything to avoid the touches from Irene.

That hurted the older woman alot, considering that Seulgi has never once rejected her skinships before. 

 

"Just get away from my sight, Irene. I don't even want to see you." 

 

Drunk words or not, Irene just broke in tears feeling how much hatred Seulgi was currently showing her. As much as she was deeply wounded with Seulgi's sharp tongue, she knows that she can't leave the younger girl alone drunk in the streets. 

So the only way she could think of at the wee hours of the night was to contact her cousin whom she lives with. 

 

"Irene??? What happened? Why are you crying? Who is she?"

Gyuri starts shooting her question once she arrived at the scene of her cousin still trying hard to grab her friend and convince her to go with her.

 

Irene her tears back and shakes her head, pointing at Seulgi who was now sitting at the bench at the bus stop. She begged Gyuri to help her out. Though confused, the older girl complies and went up to the drunk Seulgi. Thankfully, Seulgi allowed the stranger to help her up though she knocked out straight after the cousins brought her into Gyuri's car.

 

She knows that Seulgi would probably get a beating from her abusive guardians if they had brought Seulgi back to her hell house so Irene told Gyuri to drive Seulgi back to their mansion. 

 

"What about you Irene? Aren't you going back?"

"I...I need some time alone to think." Irene her friend's cheeks softly before turning towards her cousin and shooting her a thankful smile, "Thanks for rushing out for me unnie. Please help me to take care of her for a night and don't tell her anything when she wakes up."

 

After watching them leave, Irene alone when to weep on her own and stayed over at Yongsun's place. 

What she didn't know was how Seulgi poured her heart out to her cousin and how Gyuri instantly grew a soft spot for the drunken and broken girl and the rest is history. 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"But you couldn't remember me that day. You could only remember recieving help from Gyuri unnie and not all the hurtful words you had said to me." Irene's lips starts to trembling again at the memories.

 

Hearing Irene explaining herself got Seulgi emotional. She had no idea how much Irene had been doing for her since the beginning. Breaking out of her introverted self just because she wants to initiate a conversation with her, waiting for her and making her waste her precious time and leaving her so abruptly without saying anything. How could she believe some guy’s words so easily?

 

”W-What about Jin sunbae? H-He told me that...you guys were dating and asked me to stop hogging you...” 

”He’s a piece of who thinks that he can get into my pants just because our parents set us up together.” Irene clenched her fist, still fueled knowing that it was Jin who spreaded rumors and came in between them, “He wasn’t my boyfriend. He was just another suitor who stupidly thinks that he has a chance to make his way into my heart which is already full with you.” 

 

Eventhough Seulgi had calm down from her sobs, her heart was throbbing so wildly at all of Irene’s countless confession and sweet words. 

 

“It always had been you from the beginning. I have never once considered anyone other than you to be the one I would laugh with, cook for and do everything with forever.” 

Irene finally felt like a huge stone have been lifted off her. She steps even closer to the taller girl till their hips are touching before tipping her toes to give a light butterfly peck on Seulgi’s lips. 

“Believe me, Seul. I want to be with you forever and I’m sorry for hurting you. I wish I could have stopped him from lying to you and put you in all of these torture.” 

 

At that point of time, Seulgi couldn't say anything. She still couldn't grasp the whole situation after all she have been believing in the same lie for almost seven months.

So instead, Seulgi pulls the sobbing girl into her arms and hugs her tightly and muttering apologies. The older girl snuggles her nose into Seulgi's shoulder and let her tears flow freely to wet Seulgi's shirt. Finally allowing herself to let out all the tears she had been bottling up. 

 

"I miss you so much, bear. So ing much, you don't even know." Irene pulls away and leans their forehead together, "It was so difficult to pretend that I'm okay when you are not with me. You were so near yet I couldn't even reach out to you at all." 

"I'm so sorry, Rene. I shouldn't have shut you out and should have listened to your side first." Seulgi regretted badly as she stares at the ground in guilt.

The older girl shook her head and tilt Seulgi's chin up to meet her eyes. As if Irene was trying to convey her feelings to Seulgi with just her eyes alone. Even with her watery and red orbs, Seulgi could see how much adoration Irene had for her. It was so strong that Seulgi wants to beat herself up so badly to believe some random 's words when Irene's eyes were so honest all along. 

 

"If only I had the courage to ask you for your side as well, Seulgi. It was a stupid misunderstanding that lasted for half a year and I really really don't want to lose you ever again..."

Irene trails nervously.

"I want to be yours so badly, Seulgi. We wasted too much time already, I don't want to spend the rest of our lifetime as friends." 

Not trusting herself with her words, Seulgi just dives in and kisses her now offical girlfriend passionately. Albeit surprised with the sudden advance, Irene was quick to recover. While Seulgi wraps her arms around the shorter's waist, Irene craddles her lover's face in her palms. The couple poured out all of their remaining emotions into the long meaningful kiss.

 

Just as how the spaces between their bodies and lips disappears, the emptiness in their heart was fill with each other's presence. Irene caresses the flushed chubby cheeks in her hands and give one last teasing bite on Seulgi's lower lips before pulling back. 

Both of them panted heavily with their emotional and heated exchange. 

 

"As much as i want to continue, I promised Gyuri unnie to let her explain her side of story." Irene smiles bashfully and stole another peck before moving away from Seulgi's embrace, "I'll be waiting for you to be back and cuddle me to sleep."

 

Seulgi sighs and closes her eyes, preparing herself to process another bomb that's going to be dropped by Gyuri. The older girl could see the distress and went forth to place a soft peck in between her eyes. 

 

"Do you want me to be with you?"

The younger girl shakes her head. It's between Gyuri and her and she knows that if she was Gyuri, she wouldn't like someone else to hear her out.

 

"Just wait for me here."

Irene respected her decision as she walks Seulgi up to the door. 

 

"Reject her nicely, don't make my cousin cry okay?" 

"What do you mean by reject?"

The older girl chuckled at her dense girlfriend, "You really don't know that she likes you huh?"

"What?"

"Yes, you idiot. You made us cousins fought over you."

 

Seulgi's jaw dropped as her eyes darted around nervously.

 

"I'm just telling you in advance in case you get frose up like this later on when unnie confess to you later."

"H-How do you know she will confess?"

Irene snickered, "Because that's her side of story duh?"

 

"Besides, unnie is that type of woman would doesn't like to regret her decisions. Eventhough she knows she will get hurt in the end." 

 

 

***

 

True enough, Gyuri confessed. 

Even though she already knew it just minutes before, Seulgi was still caught off guard by how straightforward Gyuri was. Even Irene waited to explain herside before confessing. On contrary, the moment Seulgi gets close enough to her, Gyuri revealed her feelings straight away.

 

"I knew I had a soft spot for you that very night when I brought you back and see you so heart-broken and pouring your grief out to me." Gyuri confessed, "I know you were still in love with Irene. But I swear I didn't know that it was my cousin who hurt you this bady. I only knew it recently where Irene told me everything and her relationship with you."

 

Seulgi remains mum and allowed the older girl to carry on.

"I admit that I lied to her about our relationship saying that we are attached when we are just you know..." Gyuri sighs, "I'm really sorry for being selfish. I just thought that maybe... just maybe I could have a space in your heart. I thought I could help to heal it but I guess not."

The younger girl girl feels apologetic, "You've done a lot for me unnie. I will never foret whatever you have done for me. You were there are my lowest point and though it might be Irene who asked  you for a favor but I believe that it was all sincere."

"I was sincere, Seul." 

"I know." Seulgi grins gratefully and pulls the older girl in for a tight hug, "I'm sorry that I couldn't return the same feelings for you unnie."

 

She knew she had broke Gyuri's heart but feelings can't be controlled and it's the best for Gyuri to move on from her. 

Gyuri was too good for her anyways. She deserves someone better than her.

 

"Everything is going to end between us right?" The CEO questioned and Seulgi wordlessly nodded against her shoulder.

It hurts but Gyuri knows that Seulgi could only find happiness with her cousin. Besides, she's happy that Irene finally found someone to settle down with and she knows that she is in good hands.

"But you are still my unnie. Nothing is going to change much, I promise."

"Thank you." Gyuri chuckles as they pull away from the hug and takes one last glance of the bear''s face before patting her head and ruffling it softly.

 

"Be happy with Irene, okay?" 

"We will." 

 

She may not be the one Seulgi choose at the end of the day, but Gyuri is more than happy to be part of Seulgi's memories and it is better to let her go instead of holding her so closely. Knowing that she would never be Irene. 

 

 

***

 

"Seul? Are you still awake?" 

"Hm?" 

Irene smiles slightly as she turn to face her younger girlfriend then snuggles against the crook of her neck,

"I can't sleep.”

”Either can I.” Seulgi looks down to the smaller frame, heart starts to flutter at the sight of Irene looking at her with so much adoration and longing. 

Talk to me."

"Sure, what do you want to talk about?" Seulgi shifts her body slightly to make herself feel more comfortable while Irene grins widely and stole a peck on the younger's nose.

"Tell me how you fell for me."

Seulgi raised a brow, "I don't remember how."

"What?" Irene furrowed her brows in disbelieve,"How can you forget it! I remember yours clearly!"

The senior goes on rumbling about how she first saw Seulgi walking into the school like a lost puppy and instantly took a liking to her then to how she kind of stalked Seulgi and always creeps up behind a trees or bunshes to admire Seulgi drawing and spending time alone whenever she was free.

 

"Wow, what a stalker." Seulgi teased, earning a punch into her abs with a pouty Irene, "At least I remember things! Not like someone!"

Seulgi laughs and leans down to place a peck on the older's lips, hoping it would cease the anger in her. And it does because she feels Irene smiling against her lips when the older girl pulls her back again for a longer kiss.  

“You’re lucky that you’re cute.” Irene’s anger dissipates just with a few kisses and a wide gummy grin from her girlfriend. She pinched Seulgi’s chubby cheeks and held her urge back from wanting to bite those chubs.

"Honestly, I don't even remember how I did. I just fall for you without knowing why. There are just too many reasons. I felt comfortable with you quickly and I guess it was when you were there for me when I was tortured by my aunts that made me felt something for you? The way you took care of my injuries and you just make me feel better. Being with you gave me peace, something that I was looking for.“

Irene smiles then questioned, “Do you perhaps remember the bag of medication and bandage left on the bed that day you left your house?”

“Yeah, why?”

“I was the one who bought it and left it here, you idiot. I knew that you won’t buy those when Yeri called me and told me you ran out of the house.”

The younger girl blinks then chuckled lightly, “No wonder.  I was thinking how Gyuri unnie knew exactly the brand that you uses.”

”How did things went with her?” Irene questioned carefully, “Did you guys manage to end it well?”

 

Seulgi sighs, “I feel sorry but I think its the best to let her move on.”

“She will move on. My unnie is strong.” Irene says and takes Seulgi’s hand, rubbing the back of her palm gently. “Don’t feel too guilty okay? Its not your fault, you can’t control your feelings. I’m pretty sure she will get over it.” 

The black-haired then craddles the younger’s face and pulls herself up to let their lips graze against each other slightly. 

 

“Don’t walk out from my life anymore, Seul. I can’t take it if you’re not next to me.” Irene frowns and puffed her cheeks out, “Don’t believe the words of others so easily will you? If you have questions just ask me. I will be honest with you.”

Seulgi closes her eyes as she let Irene pamper her with kisses all over her face.  

“Sorry, Joohyun. I was stupid. I promise I will only trust in you and I will be honest with you as well.” She holds her pinky out, “Let’s make a promise.” 

 

“Promise?”

”To listen to each other’s side of story before junping into any conclusion and to not sleep the night off having negative feelings for each other.” 

Irene grinned and hooked her pinky with Seulgi’s.

 

”Promise.” 

 

 

END