The Eye

Berries N' Cream

At work the next day...
Sungyeol leaned back in his seat during his lunch break, tilting with it back and forth as though it were an actual rocking chair. He was alone in the break room, which undoubtedly meant he could let his mind fly away for a little bit. He considered what he had learned of Jinyoung the past few days and how at the end, despite his past, he was still the same Jinyoung he had quickly become friends with. He then began to smile while rembering the pictures he had sneakily taken of Tzuyu. He quickly rummaged through his pocket, took out his phone, and began swiping away at his photo gallery. He sat his chin on his palm and began to let his eyes have their treat as he swiped away at the various pics he had shot.

The door creaked open.

 "Oh no!" Sungyeol slammed his phone down.

 Jinyoung entered and noticed Sungyeol's odd mannerism. 

 "Were you watching something you weren't supposed to on your phone?" Jinyoung asked with a brow lifted up.

 "What? Pffft!" Sungyeol put away his phone, "of course not!"

 Jinyoung pulled the seat in front of Sungyeol and sat, making sure his eyes never left Sungyeol's.

 Sungyeol grew irritated by Jinyoung's look, "Ahh fine, I'll show you." 

He took out his phone and began sharing his treasured Tzuyu pics.

Jinyoung held a sympathetic smile, "Ah, don't worry bro! I won't tell," he took out his phone and pointed at the screen, "Look at my wallpaper! "

The screen's glare was bright, prompting Sungyeol to squint his eyes to get a better look, "It's Dahyun!" He nodded his head in approval, "When did you take the picture though?"

 "I have my ways!" Jinyoung fixed his eyes on his phone for a moment before he remembered, "Oh, you can go back to work now!"

 Sungyeol got up and joined Tzuyu out front. The store was empty, no customers yet. Tzuyu's hair had loosened up from its ponytail, the loose strands had begun to tickle the nape of her neck, so after enough irritation had been dealt, she decided to redo her ponytail. Sungyeol was tempted to stare or take pics, but opted not to for fear of being caught.

Tzuyu noticed his "out of it" look, "Something wrong?"

Sungyeol spat the first thing that came to mind, "You think Dahyun will come by today?"

 Tzuyu gave him an odd look, "How would I know?"

 Sungyeol's weird sense of discernment led him to speculate, "Why you jealous she'll steal the spotlight away from you?"

 "What are you talking about? What spotlight?"

 "Never mind," Sungyeol taunted.

 Tzuyu felt like pressing Sungyeol to explain himself, but then a customer came in. Hours later, around six again, Dahyun dropped by and wanted to talk with Jinyoung. Jinyoung, as soon as he noticed her, got on all four and crawled away as fast as he could. Sungyeol followed him to the back, urging him to talk with her.

 "I can't, I'm sorry!"

 Sungyeol was stuck between feelings of frustration and compassion,  "How are you going to ask her out?!"

 Jinyoung gasped, "I never thought of that! What do I do?"

 At the front, Tzuyu chatted with Dahyun, "So, how are you friends with Sungyeol?"

 Dahyun smiled, "We met at the bus stop," she frowned as she remembered Sungyeol's sad state back then, "he told me how he got shut down by the girl he liked."

 Tzuyu felt her face grow warm.

 "What a meanie, right? Who would put a handsome, sweet boy like him down?"

 "Uhm," Tzuyu shook away all her guilt, "I'm sure she had her reasons..."

 Jinyoung came out from the back and struggled to put on a brave front, "Hi, Dahyun! What a coincidence to meet again."

 Dahyun chuckled, "What a funny guy! I came to see you, it's no coincidence!"

 Jinyoung was ecstatic to see Dahyun laugh at something he said, although that "joke" was just product of his nervousness.

 "Anyways, do you want to go see a movie this weekend or something? Maybe eat lunch together?"

 Jinyoung's heart leapt out his chest, "Sure!"

 "I wanted to get to know you better," Dahyun said as she pulled out her phone, "Here, let's exchange phone numbers."

 Jinyoung dug his phone out of his pocket, but fumbled and dropped it since he was too eager, "I'm a klutz," he joked.

 Dahyun smiled at him and the two both knelt to pick up the phone, but bopped heads in the process.

 "I'm sorry!"  Jinyoung gapsed, hoping Dahyun wasn't too badly hurt.

 "I'm okay!" Dahyun laughed.

 They exchanged numbers and Dahyun told Jinyoung when and where to meet. She left afterward, and Sungyeol started to think of a way to get Tzuyu's phone number.

 "Hey," he told her, making sure Jinyoung wasn't around, "Want to spy on their date?"

 "Why?" Tzuyu answered with an apathetic voice.

 "It'll be fun, come on," Sungyeol insisted.

 "Don't you have anything better to do during your free time?"

 Sungyeol thought about it, "Nope, not really. But come on, don't you want to know how Jinyoung will act?"

 "Why would he act any different," Tzuyu recalled Jinyoung's humorous behavior when Dahyun's around, "Ok, I'll go."

Sungyeol crossed his arms and approved of his genius, "Can you give me your phone number so I can keep in touch with you?"

 "No," Tzuyu swiftly answered, "But, you can give me yours, and I'll contact you."

 Sungyeol felt unsure whether to feel disappointed or not by her answer, but eventually came to terms with her, "Ok!"  Sungyeol wrote down his number on a piece of paper and passed it to her. 

Later that day Sungyeol made sure talk with Jinyoung about his date. Because he was so happy, Jinyoung gave Sungyeol everything he needed to know about the date with Dahyun.

 "I just hope I don't mess it up!"

 Sungyeol couldn't help but smile devilishly, "I'm sure you'll have a couple of angels around to help you!"

 

On Sunday, Sungyeol met up with Tzuyu outside a little cafe, near but not too near the movie theater where Dahyun had chosen to  meet with Jinyoung. Sungyeol made sure to dress up in dark colored clothing, fully devoting himself to his role as spy. Tzuyu, on the other hand, didn't give a flying duck. She dressed herself like she always does on her days off; she was a beaut, who made any dress look good.

 "Did you see any of the two yet?"

 Tzuyu tried her earnest to look for any familiar face, but wagged her head, "No. Did you get the right place?"

 "Yeah, I am not that dumb," Sungyeol quickly glanced at the little note where he had jotted down all of Jinyoung's date info on, "Yeah, see! It says..."

 Tzuyu snatched the paper out of Sungyeol's hand, "It says here they meet at 4! Not 2!"

 "I'm sorry!"

 Tzuyu sighed, "It's hot, I'm going home."

  Sungyeol's joy was swept away. His silly mistake had cost him what otherwise would've been an unforgettable day. He got stuck in a standstill.

 "I'm going home now, take care," Tzuyu said as she turned her back to Sungyeol.

 "No, wait!" Sungyeol took hold of her hand and stood quiet, his lips were drooped and he looked at Tzuyu with puppy dog eyes.

 "I hate it when you do that."

 "I'll stop if you let me take you out to watch a movie. I'm sure by the time the movie is over- Everything will pan out like we wanted. Jinyoung will put on a show as he goes on his date with Dahyun... Come on, please?!"

 Tzuyu was reluctant at first, Sungyeol kept staring at her with those irritable eyes. She had no real reason to agree to Sungyeol's little plan. But she felt whimsical.

 "Ok," she was coy in her voice, "You will pay for everything though."

 Sungyeol didn't hesitate, "Yeah, sure!"

 The two went to see a horror movie together shortly after. Sungyeol bought as many snacks as his arms could carry, doing everything he could to please Tzuyu. She cherrypicked what she wanted and Sungyeol forced himself to eat the rest; he hates wasting food. At any rate,  Sungyeol had chosen to watch a horror movie to get Tzuyu to hug him out of fear, but she had guts of steel. She didn't wince when the killer carried out his macabre machinations at all. Sungyeol was the chicken. When the two left the theater to take a breath of fresh air Sungyeol could be seen clutching his stomach in pain. Scenes from the horrifying movie they had watched was on constant playback in his mind, twisting and turning his stomach in the process.

Sungyeol was shivering in fear and his forehead was drenched in cold sweat. He didn't feel so good, all the food he gorged on kept wanting to make its way out. Tzuyu, however, was glad to look at Sungyeol in such an unfortunate state, she thought it was hilarious. But, she was still an angel at heart.

She delicately wiped the sweat off Sungyeol's forehead, "You shouldn't have bought so much stuff."

 Sungyeol was touched, he managed to put up a smile, "Thank you."

 Tzuyu snickered a little as she saw Sungyeol trying his best to keep himself calm and collected. Then, a familiar pair of white shoes would come into her field of view. It was Jinyoung, walking with Dahyun, they were getting closer and closer to Tzuyu and Sungyeol.

Sungyeol was unable to run, so Tzuyu dragged him away to get out of view, "We have to hide!"

 Sungyeol lingered, "Why?" he whined with a pained face.

 Jinyoung spotted the two and called out, "Hi, guys!"

 Tzuyu glared at Sungyeol. The two were caught! They just stood there, trying to come up with various scenarios they could use as pretext as to why they were there.

Jinyoung and Dahyun finally caught up to them. Jinyoung was happy to see them, their presence remedied away some of his nerves.

 "You guys out on a date?" Jinyoung asked.

 "Of course not!" Tzuyu exclaimed.

 Dahyun was doubtful, "Are you sure?"

 "Yes," Tzuyu crossed her arms, "You think I'm lying?"

Dahyun looked at Sungyeol for answers.

He was pale, "No, it's more like a penalty. Definitely not a date."

 Dahyun smiled but quickly took note of his lips that were dry and without color, "Ok, but are you fine?"

 "Yeah, just a little stomachache, but I'm good!"

 Jinyoung felt the urge to ask Sungyeol for some tips on his "date" with Dahyun. 

Sungyeol noticed him staring at him and reassured him, "We're gonna leave now, but don't worry! I'm sure you'll have a couple of angels looking over you!"

Jinyoung nodded, "Alright cool! I don't know what you mean 'bout 'couple of angels' but I'll do my best."

Sungyeol and Tzuyu saw the two off as they went to buy their tickets for a romance movie, after which they quickly followed suit and bought tickets to see the same movie. They saw Dahyun take the lead in choosing their seats, right in front of the screen. It was perfect since it meant Sungyeol and Tzuyu could spy on them from the back rows without being noticed.

Sitting so close to Dahyun made Jinyoung jittery. Tzuyu was delighted to see him offer Dahyun some popcorn only for him to drop some on her head as a result of his tremoring hands. 

 "Did you see that?" she asked Sungyeol.

He had fallen asleep.

 Tzuyu was disappointed. She nudged Sungyeol, but he wouldn't wake up. Then she pinched his cheek.

He woke up and rubbed his cheek, oblivious to what had transpired.

 "You're not supposed to fall asleep!"

 The person in front of them was set off by Tzuyu's relatively loud voice, "Be quiet!" she hushed while looking Tzuyu in the eye.

 Tzuyu's eyes grew wide, she took offense to being hushed by a complete stranger. 

Sungyeol, upon seeing Tzuyu mad, was prompt to apologize, "We're sorry."

 The girl was smitten by Sungyeol's dashing good looks, "Ok, but please tell you're friend to quiet down."

 "I will. Great movie, right?"

 "Yeah," the girl said as she turned around to face the movie screen.

 "Promise you'll be more quiet?"  Sungyeol sarcastically asked Tzuyu

 Tzuyu scoffed at Sungyeol's little joke. She turned her face away and refused to even take a look at Sungyeol.

 "Come on," Sungyeol whispered, "I saw Jinyoung spill some soda on the empty seat next to him when Dahyun patted his shoulder."

 Tzuyu was curious, so she let her anger subside and forgave Sungyeol.

The two watched on as they saw Jinyoung continually ruin his little date by being clumsy. Even from afar, both Sungyeol and Tzuyu saw Dahyun sigh a lot. They assumed she was fed up with Jinyoung. 

When the movie finished the two scuttled away as fast as possible and waited behind a large plant, wondering where Jinyoung and Dahyun would go next. Dahyun left for the bathroom, leaving Jinyoung alone. Tzuyu and Sungyeol moved closer to get a better view. They saw him whip out his phone and begin to dial.

Tzuyu's phone began to ring, "Oh, snap! Do I answer?!"

 Sungyeol was bewildered by the fact Jinyoung had Tzuyu's number while he did not.

 "Do I answer?!"

 Sungyeol saw Jinyoung looking around the area. "I think he noticed! Answer it!"

 Tzuyu answered it, "Hello, Jinyoung?"

 Jinyoung sounded upset, "Can you tell me how to treat a girl? I think Dahyun might not like me anymore..."

 "You messed up your date? "

 "Yeah..."

 Tzuyu spoke without thinking, "Was it because you spilled some soda on her nice dress?"

 Jinyoung was baffled, "Yeah, how did you know that?"

 Tzuyu looked at Sungyeol in panic. Sungyeol told her to say something random.

 "Women's intuition?"

 Jinyoung bought it, " Oh, yeah! " His face and voice turned sour again,

"Do you have any tips? Or does Sungyeol have any tips?"

 "Why would you think Sungyeol is with me?"

 Sungyeol whispered Tzuyu some advice to give Jinyoung.

 "Maybe you should offer to buy her dinner or something."

 Jinyoung smiled as a flicker of hope sparked in his heart, "Cool, thanks!"

 "Also, be sure to pull out her seat for her, and be a gentleman."

Jinyoung thanked her and hung up, Dahyun came out from the restroom, and Jinyoung mustered up all his courage to spit out the words, "I'm really sorry for being so clumsy. Would you let me buy you something to eat as an apology?"

Dahyun smiled at his sincerity, and replied, "That would be great!"

Jinyoung led Dahyun to a nice family restaurant he had spotted on his way there and opened the door for Dahyun to walk in first, like the fine lad he was. Once Sungyeol spotted Jinyoung pulling out the chair for Dahyun to sit, he signaled for Tzuyu to go with him inside. Those two took a seat across the room where they were able to see everything going on between Jinyoung and Dahyun. Tzuyu sat in front of Sungyeol, and Sungyeol snapped his fingers when he remembered he forgot to pull Tzuyu's seat for her.

 "I don't think we'll be able to hear anything their saying," Sungyeol said.

 "That's fine. I hope Jinyoung works things out..."

 "Wow, that sounds out of character you!"

Tzuyu gave Sungyeol the stink eye, "I have a heart, you know."

 Sungyeol was charmed by her response. The waitress then came and asked for their order. Tzuyu ordered  some soda and dessert. Sungyeol settled for some tea, still reluctant to eat anything after feeling so bad earlier.

 "It looks like they're eating something fancy."

 "Oh, yeah?" Tzuyu said as she turned around to get a better look. 

 "I really wanna hear what they're talking about, can we move closer?"

 Tzuyu was hesitant, "You don't think we'll be caught?"

 Sungyeol smirked, "I'm dressed for the role! I've played enough Metal Gear and seen enough 007, trust me, come on!"

 "Just because you've played a game doesn't mean you'll be able to do the same things in real life but okay."

 "Yes! Let me just ask the waitress to carry our order to the table near Jinyoung's," Sungyeol said as he pointed to the table next to Jinyoung, a partition was separating the two tables.

Sungyeol called over the waitress and did as he said, the two then scurried as quickly as possible to their new table. It was a success, Jinyoung and Dahyun were talking so they didn't notice anything at all.

Sungyeol took a sip from his tea and then inclined his ear to get a hold of what the two were saying to each other, "He's telling her about his troubled past!"

 Tzuyu wanted to hear Dahyun's reaction so she carefully scooted her seat closer to the partition.

They heard Dahyun sniffle some, "I'm so sorry life's been so rough for you."

 Jinyoung sighed and forced out a fake laugh, trying to brave it out, "Just like from a movie, huh?"

Dahyun wanted to offer some words of comfort, but could come up with nothing. She knew that some pains, some scars, just never really leave, at least not in this life. All she could do was agree to Jinyoung's attempt of disguising his wounds, "Yeah..." 

His glimmering, almost teary eyes bespoke of the faith in his words,

"But I'll have a happy ending. I'm sure of it."

 Dahyun was taken aback by the confidence in his words, "I hope so! But how are you so sure?" she began to encroach on the fear that haunts all humans, "Even I get scared if I think too far ahead."

 Jinyoung scratched his head, "Because..." He thought about confessing his love, "I met an angel the other day. It was a nice dream. When I saw the angel, I just knew I would have nothing to worry about."

 Sungyeol almost choked on his tea as he fought to hold back his laughter. He started coughing a lot, so much so that Jinyoung and Dahyun felt compelled to look over.

  Sungyeol tried out his best old man voice, "I'm fine!"

Tzuyu slapped Sungyeol's hand that was lying on the table, "You ruined the scene," she whispered.

 Dahyun began to speak with a bright look on her face, "What do you think about..." Dahyun considered asking about Sungyeol as a person, hoping to know more about him, but something in her caused her to waver.

Jinyoung looked at her with his radiant eyes, "You were going to ask?"

 Dahyun felt her heart shake just a little. She questioned it. She pondered what it meant, what had changed in her. She forced herself to bring up Sungyeol's image and think as many thoughts as she could about him. Before, doing such a thing would cause the butterflies to swell upward from her belly  to her head, instigating a warm dizziness that was surprisingly pleasing. Now the butterflies were gone.

Dahyun excused herself to go the bathroom in an attempt to gather her bearings.

Jinyoung smiled and waved, but then he slumped into his chair as soon as she turned her back to him, "Did I do something wrong again?" he quietly moaned.

Sungyeol pulled a pair of sunglasses out of his pocket, "Look, Tzuyu! Now I'll never get caught. Did you bring a pair?"

 Tzuyu displayed a look of disgust and condescension, "Take those off. You look stupid. Who wears sunglasses indoors?"

 Sungyeol pointed at himself and mouthed, "Me."

 Suddenly, Sungyeol's phone began to ring. Tzuyu rubbed her face in sheer disappointment over Sungyeol's stupid sense to not put his phone on vibrate. Sungyeol picked up his phone and rushed to the bathroom. 

Jinyoung peeked over to the table Sungyeol had escaped from. Tzuyu had her face turned around, predicting Jinyoung's action.

Sungyeol finally answered, "What is up? If you messed anything up, just be sure to apologize even if you don't know what you did wrong. Beg if you have to!"

 "I didn't even say anything though, how did you know what I was going to ask?"

Sungyeol paused, "Women's intuition?"

 "What?!"

 Sungyeol sighed at his idiocy, "I mean, it's cause I'm with you, bro."
 "What?! Where?!"

Sungyeol bit his lip, "In spirit, bro!"

Jinyoung saw Dahyun return, "Thanks, I gotta go!"

 Sungyeol hung up his phone, saying under his breath, "No wonder I failed the college entrance exam..."

 He then waited a bit and afterward managed to safely return to Tzuyu without attracting too much unnecessary attention; Jinyoung caught sight of Sungyeol, but the sunglasses worked their magic.

 "You didn't miss much, you bum. He just apologized alot," Tzuyu said with condescension still in her voice.

 Sungyeol inclined his head to make out Dahyun's words. Tzuyu followed suit.

Dahyun spoke softly, "You ever think about going back to school?"

 "Isn't there only like one semester left?" Jinyoung asked.

 "Yeah, but that way we could become close friends. I can't go to your work everyday to see you, I think."

 A bird's song was heard in Jinyoung's heart that moment, the song of a bird who had escaped it's cage and flown off to the grand blue skies of heaven.

 "Say yes!" Sungyeol whispered at him.

 Tzuyu kicked Sungyeol's shin, "Are you stupid?!"

 Jinyoung answered with, "Okay! From my heart I heard a voice tell me to say 'yes'."

 Dahyun was happy. "That's awesome!"  Dahyun began to dial on her phone.

 "I think she's calling someone," Tzuyu whispered.

 Sungyeol's phone began to vibrate loudly on the wooden table.

 "Why does she have your number?" Tzuyu scoffed.

 Jinyoung stood up and looked over the partition wall.
Sungyeol pretended  to be someone else why Tzuyu kept her face hidden in her hair. 

Jinyoung stretched out his hand, pulling off Sungyeol's shades. 

 "Hi!" Sungyeol said with his gums proking through his smile.
Dahyun still held her phone in her hand, slightly shocked by the fact Sungyeol had been next to her and Jinyoung the whole time. She walked over and saw Tzuyu still attempting to hide. 

 "Were you guys spying on us?" Jinyoung asked.

 "It was Tzuyu's idea! " Sungyeol spouted.

Tzuyu kicked Sungyeol's shin hard once more, "Don't you lie! You came up with it."

 "I was kidding!"  Sungyeol shot back as he rubbed his leg.

Aware of being caught in the crosshairs, Tzuyu did the most reasonable thing: She wagged her finger at Sungyeol and dumped the blame on him, "He convinced me to spy along with him."

Jinyoung was aloof, "So you guys are the 'couple of angels' you kept mentioning?"

 "Yup!" Sungyeol grinned.

 Dahyun kept her gaze fixed on Sungyeol. She was trying to get to the bottom of her thoughts, to discover whether she still actually liked him or not. She felt no longer the same when looking at him. She wanted more time to think things over.

Tzuyu finally turned her attention to Dahyun who kept staring at Sungyeol, "Were you going to ask him something?" she asked, hoping to change the subject.

 Dahyun snapped back to reality, "That's right! I forgot what was I going to ask though..." 

Jinyoung dragged over two chairs and pulled them up over to Sungyeol's table. 

 "So, you really didn't have a problem with us spying?" Sungyeol asked.

 "Nope, I would've liked for you guys to have told me though, that way I would've felt more...less nervous."

Dahyun glared at Sungyeol and Tzuyu, "That's right! I forgot what you two did! Please don't do that again."

 "I'm sorry!" Sungyeol whelped.

Dahyun puffed up her cheeks in a cute display of anger, "Sungyeol, you! You!"

 Sungyeol kept his eyes widened at her with the anticipation of hearing a cuss word or two thrown at him.

Dahyun continued, "You big meanie!" She clutched Jinyoung's hand and stormed off with him.

 Sungyeol was taken by surprise, he never believed she would storm off as she just did. He asked Tzuyu what to do next.

 "You gotta fix it." 

 Sungyeol nodded and was stopped by the waitress as soon as he got off his chair. He obliged to pay for both bills after a little grumbling. Once outside the restaurant, the pair began to scout through the masses with the hope of catching sight of Jinyoung or Dahyun.

 "I found him! I seen his shoes!" Sungyeol exclaimed.

 Tzuyu was searching, but she couldn't exactly make out where Sungyeol was looking. Sungyeol pointed across the street, and Tzuyu finally found Jinyoung. She was remorseful. Tzuyu started to feel somewhat bad for blaming it all on Sungyeol, knowing she willingly accepted his idea. She bit the inside of her cheek as the guilt began to dance around her thoughts. Sungyeol, too, began to feel the guilt. He desperately hoped for Dahyun to not hate him. The image of Dahyun, the cheerful girl that never lost her cool,  storming off without a moment's notice began to cloud both Sungyeol's and Tzuyu's head.

Tzuyu gripped Sungyeol's hand and together they ran across the street in one accord. Sungyeol's breath was stolen by the fact Tzuyu was the first to take initiative and be the one to drag him by the hand. Jinyoung along with Dahyun kept their attention fixed on the two for a split second and then they ran away, but Tzuyu eventually caught up to Dahyun.

 Tzuyu and Sungyeol bowed their heads, "We're sorry!" 

Dahyun lifted their chins up, yet the two kept their eyes glued to the ground in guilt. It was as though she was Mother Theresa granting, on the Christ's own behalf, a couple of sinners the forgiveness they so badly needed. 

 "I forgive you two."

 The pair finally raised their eyes up and saw the lamppost nearby cast an almost ethereal, heavenly, light on Dahyun. They could've sworn she was an angel then and  there.

Tzuyu hugged Dahyun, an uncharacteristic thing for her to do. Seeing Tzuyu latch onto Dahyun prompted Sungyeol to tightly embrace Jinyoung. 

He kissed his cheek several times, "I'm sorry, bro!"

 Jinyoung pushed him off and was quick to josh, "Yeah, okay, no need for kissing up though!"

 Tzuyu let go of Dahyun and apologized to Jinyoung who simply gave her a gentle smile.

 "You should probably tell them you were just messing with them and that you weren't really angry, Dahyun."

 Tzuyu and Sungyeol were stupified. 

 "You mean, you just pretended to have a fit?" Sungyeol clicked his tongue, " but I paid for your bill. "

 "Thank you!" Dahyun answered with sly smile.

 Tzuyu crossed her arms and began to walk away slowly.

 "You guys started it though!" Dahyun complained.

 Tzuyu turned around and dealt a sly smile of her own.

Dahyun finally recalled why she called Sungyeol in the first place,

"Yeah, that's right! Sungyeol, could you ask Dongwoo to enroll Jinyoung in my school?"

 Sungyeol rubbed his chin, "I mean, I think I could convince him."
 Dahyun's demeanor exuded a pleasant radiance that spoke of how happy she felt at the prospect of Jinyoung spending more time with her.

With all four at peace, they chatted for a little as they made their way down the block. Dongwoo eventually came by and picked Jinyoung and Dahyun up; he had promised Dahyun's parents to safely return her home.

It was a cool evening, Sungyeol kept walking with Tzuyu until she abruptly stopped.

 "You can go home now."

 Sungyeol whined, "Aww, come on," he pulled out his phone and woke it up to look at the time, "It's 8:18! There might be creepers around, let me take you home!"

 Tzuyu jested, "Yeah, I got one in front of me."

 Sungyeol swiped away at his phone in an attempt to find a random article about recent assaults done at night. Tzuyu kept her gaze fixed at him when she noticed a very peculiar sight on Sungyeol's home screen.

 "Is that my photo?" she gasped.

 "WHAT?!" Sungyeol casually put his phone away, regretting the moment he chose to copy Jinyoung, "Why you so conceited?"

 "Hand it over!" Tzuyu commanded with her hand held out.

 "Nope!" Sungyeol exclaimed as he began to slowly walk ahead.

 Tzuyu ran to him and tapped his shoulder, "Come on! If it's not my photo, why should you panic?"

 Sungyeol playfully clogged his ears with his fingers and pretended not to hear. Ticked off, Tzuyu briskly snuck her hand into his pocket and stole the phone.

 "Hey, what's wrong with you?!"

 "Nothing..." Tzuyu replied as her finger kept it's diligence to the phone.

 Sungyeol tried to take his phone back, but Tzuyu just evaded his futile attempts.

After a couple more seconds, she stretched the phone out to Sungyeol, "All good now!" she said with a bright grin.

 Sungyeol snatched it back and was disappointed to see all his treasured Tzuyu pics gone.

She got under his skin just like she wanted, so now she wanted to tease a tiny bit more and dig around the scab, "I also saw you saved Dahyun under 'cute friend'. Good thing I never gave you my number. I'd shudder at the thought of you giving me a name."

Sungyeol groaned.

Upon seeing Sungyeol's gloomy face, Tzuyu felt whimsical. She was having  too much fun teasing Sungyeol, so she coyly told him, "I'll let you take me home this once."

Sungyeol was in awe, but when her words resounded through his head, he leapt and clapped his feet in the air.

That blizzare sense of curiosity began knocking on Tzuyu's door again, compelling her to ask, "But why do you have her phone number?"

Sungyeol didn't think much about why she asked. He was still distracted by the thought of walking her home. So, he simply said the truth,  "Because she's my friend."