Sensitive Thug part 2: 4 71f3

Berries N' Cream

Jinyoung and Sungyeol kept eating, but Sungyeol couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. He questioned just how many more secrets Jinyoung could hide behind his gentle smile.  His seat's faux leather made an irritable noise when he changed his seating position, helping to only increase the awkwardness, but at the end, Sungyeol resolved to break the ice.
 "I still think you're a good guy! I hope it goes well with the girl you like."

 Jinyoung felt a sense of relief flow through his veins and his heart at peace when those words slipped out from Sungyeol's mouth. "Thanks. Me too."

 As Tzuyu was coming back to sit, Jinyoung noticed the girl he liked along with her friends at the counter.

He pointed and told Sungyeol, "It's her!"

 Tzuyu, standing near the same area as those girls, noticed Jinyoung pointing and reasonably thought he was pointing at her.

Sungyeol recalled the girl, her face seemed oddly familiar. It struck him. He snapped his fingers once he remembered who it was, "I know that girl! I met her at the bus stop months ago. Her name 's Dahyun!"

 Tzuyu arrived and sat down, looking at Jinyoung as he smiled while mouthing Dahyun's name. She was weirded out.

 "Something happened?" Tzuyu asked Sungyeol.

 He stopped sipping on his soda, "Yeah, we saw the girl Jinyoung likes."

 Tzuyu grew intrigued, "Who is it?"

 Sungyeol pointed at Dahyun, "The girl with the very white skin. Her name 's Dahyun."

 Tzuyu glanced and formed her opinion "She's okay. I've seen prettier."

 Jinyoung was fixated on Dahyun until the moment she turned around and looked at him staring. His heart went crazy. He had to escape those eyes. Finding no other shelter but the space under the table, he ducked down under it and pulled at Sungyeol's pants. Feeling the tug, Sungyeol went down to meet him.

He quickly directed his eyes on Sungyeol, whispering "She looked at me. What do I do?"

 Sungyeol laughed a little, "Ask her out!"

 "What? I don't know her."

 "Yeah you do, her name's Dahyun, remember?"

 Tzuyu pounded on the table, signaling them to quit their folly. She is a lady...

Jinyoung hit his head on the table as he went back up. He began caressing it when he nearly died as he noticed Sungyeol waving at Dahyun.

With a disturbed look, he pulled down Sungyeol's hand. This was not a problem to Sungyeol, however, he was only to switch his right hand for the left. He simply began waving with his left hand until Dahyun walked over to them.

Her smile was just as bright as the night Sungeyeol first met her, "Hi, Sungyeol!"

 "Hi, Dahyun!" Sungyeol gestured at the seat next to Jinyoung, "Want to eat with us?"

 "Hi," Tzuyu greeted when Dahyun glanced at her.

Dahyun really wanted to sit down and spend some time with Sungyeol, but she believed Tzuyu to be a bit unwelcoming. She thought her greeting was a tad cold, but rationalized it was because she was unfamiliar to her. Given some time she thought they could grow to be friends. She looked back at her group of friends as she remembered her original reason for being in the restaraunt.

 "Maybe next time," she said with a hint of disappointment, "I came with my friends and I can't just ditch them."

 Sungyeol quickly darted his eyes at Jinyoung, "Awww, that's too sad. See you later then," he said with his brows furrowed some.

Jinyoung let out a breath of relief as he saw Dahyun walk off. His hands had gotten sweaty,  he was nervous being in close proximity to the girl he liked. Sungyeol enjoyed seeing him like that; it was funny and a treat to see someone as composed as Jinyoung become a wreck at the mere presence of Dahyun. Tzuyu, too, found it funny.

After they finished eating they left the burger joint. Jinyoung did his best to avoid Dahyun 's sight, but she noticed and questioned what was wrong with him. He was a total coward before Dahyun, the complete opposite of Sungyeol when it came to love. But, it was because Jinyoung avoided Dahyun that he became a source of interest to her. She thought he hated her for some reason, and she couldn't have that. Dahyun could not have one of Sungyeol's friends hate her. How could she get any closer to Sungyeol if one of his friends hated her?

 

At any rate, another week of everyday life would pass until a ray of sunshine named Dahyun would reenter their lives.

It was 6 o'clock, the store was empty, and she entered in with great expectations of seeing Sungyeol in cute working clothes. Sungyeol was counting up the paper bills in the cash register when Jinyoung gutted him with his elbow, "It's her!"

 Sungyeol looked up, cash still in hand, and joked once he saw Dahyun's bright smile, "It's not stealing if you don't get caught."

 Dahyun lit up at the sight of him. She was still dressed in her school uniform, backpack slung on her shoulders, and her hair tied up in an adorable bun. Jinyoung, being the coward that he is, did everything he could to avoid eye contact, leaving Dahyun to question whether he did hate her. 

Before getting close to Sungyeol, she determined to become his friend first. She approached him and offered her hand after wiping it on her skirt, "You can call me Dahyun, I'm Sungyeol's friend."

 Jinyoung's head was hung low, but he let his eyes glimpse at her, "Hi."

 Sungyeol was a mischievous creature, he found this whole situation precious. He wanted it to continue for an eternity because of how entertaining it was, but he noticed the eye signals Jinyoung had begun to throw at him.

 He cleared his voice, "Jinyoung, maybe you could help Tzuyu reorganize the paperwork stuffs Dongwoo left on his desk!"

 Jinyoung quickly wagged his head like a young pup, "Yeah," his voice cracked, "I'll help her!"

He quickly dashed over to Tzuyu and asked if he could help out, thanking God to be out of that situation.

Tzuyu noticed his bated breath, "What's wrong with you?"

 Jinyoung was distracted at the thought of Dahyun being in the same building.

She cleared her voice.

 "Huh?" he asked with a pale face.

 "I asked if you're okay. You look like you saw the devil in the eye."

 Jinyoung smiled like a fool, "Nah, an angel!"

 Tzuyu was dumbfounded, trying to make sense out of the situation, "Did the famous actress Nayeon come to visit?"

 Her voice never reached his ears.

Taking a sigh after being ignored, she decided to yank on Jinyoung's ear.

 He cried out in pain and looked at Tzuyu with a baffled face.

 "You can finish putting these files in their respective cabinet. I already have everything labeled, don't worry."

 She left Jinyoung to busy himself and chose to check out the reason for his unnatural behavior. Just as she was about to step out to the front of the store where business is handled, she heard the sound of Sungyeol's laughter followed by the voice of a girl. Her curiosity grew until she saw it was just Dahyun talking to him. She then was quick to realize she was the cause behind Jinyoung's weirdness.

Dahyun, wanting to befriend her as well, smiled and greeted her, "Hi!"

Responding in the most casual manner possible, Tzuyu said, "Hello."

 Sungyeol had a bright look in his eyes. He pointed at Dahyun's hair, a bun, and went "Isn't this cute? You should try it out sometime!"

 Tzuyu felt just a little annoyed, "It's okay..."

 Dahyun took that as a type of jab. She considered again whether Tzuyu simply disliked her. She thought it was because she had a bad first impression, debating whether it was presumptuous of her to interrupt their dining experience at the burger joint the week prior.

 "Yeah, it's nothing special." Dahyun told Sungyeol while looking at him with eyes that read "Belittled and put down"

Sungyeol was oblivious to the reason why Dahyun's expression had changed.

But, Dahyun could not let Tzuyu's words get to her. Ultimately chalking it up to Tzuyu being a frank, serious person, Dahyun joked, "It looks too much like poop, huh?"

 Tzuyu's odd sense of humor was sparked, she began to laugh maybe a bit too much.

Sungyeol, even in his best efforts, had never been able to make her laugh like that. He felt mystified and wanted ask then and there for Dahyun to teach him some jokes.

Dahyun felt happy though, she extended her hand to Tzuyu and shared her name.

Tzuyu obliged and shook her hand, "You're a cute weird girl."

 Dahyun's  smile spoke of her joy, "You can call me Dahyunnie," she brusquely shook Tzuyu's hand instinctively.

Tzuyu felt competitive, shaking Dahyun's hand even harder until they both let go.

At that point in time, believing Dahyun had left, Jinyoung returned to the front. 

He lost his breath when he saw Dahyun, and his pupils dilated to three times their size, "Oh shoot!"

 Dahyun's eyes latched onto her next target, "Hi, you didn't tell me your name!"

 Jinyoung became a nervous wreck again, his voice cracked a couple of times as he told her, "I'm God's Seven JR." He realized his mistake, "I mean I'm Jinyoung."

Dahyun was stumped, "JR or Jinyoung?"

 Jinyoung coughed in a feeble attempt to cast away his awkwardness, "You can call me Jinyoung"

Sungyeol was holding in his laughter so badly, Tzuyu too. But they couldn't laugh and taint Jinyoung's image any further.

Dahyun took several steps forward toward Jinyoung; he took a couple back without noticing. She noticed, but chose to press on until he had his back to a wall.

She extended her hand to him too, "Don't worry I wash mines!"

 Jinyoung was praying to get away from this moment, but recognizing there was no escape, eventually shook her hand. He was bemused once she shook it so strongly.

 "I'm sorry," he told her, "I'm not too good with people."

Dahyun felt relieved, "Oh, that's great! I thought you hated me!"

 Jinyoung was quick to answer, "Of course not!"

Dahyun's eyes lit up by his sudden response, "When do you have your break time?"

 Jinyoung stammered, "You talking to me? Not Sungyeol?"

  Sungyeol facepalmed at Jinyoung's charming idiocy, "Why would she ask me when she's looking at you! She's asking you, Jinyoung! "

 "Huh?" Jinyoung replied, " I'm... "

Tzuyu interjected, "He'll have his break right now."

 Dahyun grinned in anticipation of befriending Jinyoung, "Want to eat ice cream together?"

 Jinyoung died that moment and went to his own share of heaven, "Huh? You mean with me?"

 Dahyun playfully scoffed in unbelief of Jinyoung's  inability to comprehend her request "Yes, silly!"

Jinyoung simply nodded his head in agreement, with mouth opened and all. Tzuyu took it upon herself to serve the two their ice cream. 
She dropped it off at their table and winked, "Sungyeol's paying!"

 Dahyun quickly directed her attention at Sungyeol and yelled out, "Thanks!"

 Sungyeol was unaware of the reason for her thanks, yet he shot back a warm grin. Jinyoung was frozen in time, however. He was unsure of what to do during this predicament.

"So," Dahyun zeroed in on her target, "What school do you go to?"

Jinyoung was drowning in her eyes, "Sorry?"

 "What school do you go to?"

 Jinyoung's mind was still adrift somewhere in heaven, so he put no thought when he answered, "I dropped out!"

 Dahyun gasped, "Why?!"

 Tzuyu and Sungyeol were eavesdropping on them, pretending to be busy. Yet, when Jinyoung nonchalantly replied that he dropped out, they knew the fact might leave a bad impression. Sungyeol, in everyone's best  interests, dropped an empty ice cream container as loudly as he could. Jinyoung finally snapped back to reality when the noise caused him to shudder.

 "I'm sorry, I was distracted," he told Dahyun, "Did you say something?"

Dahyun clasped Jinyoung's hands, "Why'd you drop out?!"

 Jinyoung's hands soon became clammy and he was overcome by the butterflies fluttering their fancy wings inside him.

 "Are things rough at home?" Dahyun asked, persisting to get to the bottom of this dilemma.

Jinyoung withdrew his hands. "My parents are dead," was his instinctive response.

Dahyun was overwhelmed with feelings of sadness and sympathy, "I'm so sorry! That's why you dropped out! I'm sorry!"

 Upon seeing Dahyun tear up, Jinyoung gestured with his hands while telling her not to worry,  "It's fine, they went to heaven a long time ago."

 Dahyun was spiraled into the flooding mystique that Jinyoung had become, "Then," she sniffled, "Why'd you drop out? You should really go to school!"

 Jinyoung ran his hand through his hair, he was stumped. He was unwilling to give Dahyun a bad impresson and began looking over at Sungyeol for help. Both Sungyeol and Tzuyu were mouthing, "Change the subject!" Jinyoung thought they were mouthing, "Tell the truth!" This confusion of words dropped Jinyoung off at the corner of "Despair", and "Uncertainty" 

The bell at the shop's entrance  rung, signaling the arrival of a visitor. It was Dongwoo, who scowled at the sight of Jinyoung eating with a pretty girl during business hours.

 "Jinyoung, get back to work!" Dongwoo commanded.

 "Oh thank you, sweet Jesus," Jinyoung said under his breath.

 Dahyun grasped onto Jinyoung's apron, "Please talk to me again! I want you to go to school."

 Jinyoung was touched by her genuine sympathy. Never had he met such a girl. 

He smiled with the sense of love growing stronger in his heart, "Yeah, it'd be nice to talk again."

 Dahyun left and Jinyoung returned to work. Sungyeol stood next to Jinyoung when he had the chance and congratulated him on a successful date. Jinyoung smiled like the Grinch after his heart had grown several times in size.

Time came for shop to close and Tzuyu was left with Sungyeol to lock the doors again. She remembered Sungyeol's and Dahyun's earlier conversation and held interest as to what they were talking about when the two were alone.

Sungyeol remarked, "Nothing much, just how she found out where I work."

Tzuyu let her vague interest carry into her words, "How come I heard you laughing though?"

 "That's a secret," Sungyeol teased as he winked an eye.

Tzuyu felt, at that moment, a surge of curiosity creep up. It was a curiosity that was a derivative of an unbeknownst, almost troubling, sensation. She wanted to pry out more details about Sungyeol's and Dahyun's conversation, yet she questioned herself exactly why she should even care. 

At the end, she coldly replied with, "That's nice." as she shrugged her shoulders.