You're the Song I Replay [Jonghyun] Part 1

One-Shot/Two-Shot Series [SHINee]

Well, I hope you guys liked the first story. Here's the next one~

Jonghyun this time~ woohoo~ ^^ keke

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've moved from the states to Seoul, South Korea because your parents'  jobs required the move.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if you were able to speak the language or knew anything about the culture...or were actually Korean.

It would've made it easier to fit in...

 

Your POV:

I don't want to be here...It's really hard fitting in.

The culture is so different.

I can barely speak the language, but I watched some Korean dramas before coming here thinking it would help.

I was wrong. I don't understand a thing.

It's like my parents forgot I was taking Spanish back in the states, not Korean.

and...I think someone compared my face to a fist today... I'm not sure but he held his fist next to my face, while wearing a huge smile...

I'm so lost. What does that mean? I should've researched more about this culture on the flight instead of falling asleep and playing video games!

I wish my parents didn't bring me here...they should've left me with my aunt back in New York.

I could've gone to school in the city and not have to worry about all this. Instead, I'm living in a different country,

thousands of miles from home, and I'm just being stared at all day because I'm foreign and probably look like an

alien to them, which I can only assume by they way they look at me. It doesn't help that I'm extremely shy,

so all I can do is try to avoid making eye contact and keep walking forward with my head down.

For now, I'm in a few special classes that are in English since I can't understand anything in the other classes.

It's pretty much a one-on-one tutoring session. It's pretty boring, but it saves me from being stared at for a while.

I just want today to be over...

 

Narrator POV:

It was your first day of school in Korea, and everyone just stared.

Some of the students spoke English but very little, so any conversations they tried to have with you ended in awkward silences.

'Why are they all staring?' you thought to yourself as you tried to find the principal's office for your schedule

(and maybe a map. this school is huge!)

You accidentally bump into someone. He was taller than you (then again, who wasn't?) but he seemed to be shorter than most of the other guys.

You didn't know what to do so you started apologizing in English and then remembering where you were you covered your mouth in embarrassment

and bowed down. 'Do you bow when you apologize?' you thought to yourself 'I've probably made such a fool of myself'.

As you looked back up you saw him smiling at you. You felt your heart skip a beat and could feel your cheeks turning red.

'Oh my gosh, just turn around and walk away. You've embarrassed yourself. He's probably smiling because he's laughing on the inside'

you thought as you suddenly turned and began to speed walk down the hall, hoping you were going in the right direction to the principal's office.

 

Jonghyun's POV:

Wow. She's really cute...How come I've never seen her around here before?

"Jonghyun hyung!" I heard Taemin calling out. He ran up to me to ask me if I've seen the new girl around here.

Ah, she's new here. That explains why I haven't seen her before.

"I just saw her walk by. Why do you ask?"

"She the sister of one of my friends from the states. He told me to promise to take care of her. Which way did she go?"

I pointed in the direction she ran off in, "She went that way, then turned left."

"Thanks!" Taemin said and then ran off. Before he turned the corner I called out, "Hey Taemin! Tell her I'll take care of her too!"

Taemin laughed and turned the corner. I smiled to myself and went to class.

 

After School

 

Your POV:

Finally! School's over. But I have to stay after for a while to wait for Taemin. He's really nice. I'm glad my brother told him to help me

or I would've been totally lost here. He's pretty good at English, and his accent is cute...not that I like him... I only like him as a friend..

or like a big brother. He treats me a lot like his little sister too. It's nice to have someone to talk to when you're the new kid.

I walk to my locker and get my books to head for the library. Taemin was taking an afterschool dance class. He asked me if I wanted to come,

but I can't dance to save my life. So I chose to wait for him in the library until he finished. I walked down the hall, and up the stairs.

Before I got to the library, I heard a voice. singing. it sounded so....angelic. I heard a piano playing along with it as well.

Enchanted, I began to follow to the sound to the music room. And then I saw him. He was the same guy I ran into this morning!

I didn't get a good look at him before, but wow. He's really cute. and his voice is amazing!

...I guess it won't hurt if I sneak in and listen to him sing for a while... right?

 

Jonghyun's POV:

Ah, this song...I can't believe i left my notes for it at home... well...Let's see if I can at least remember the first verse...

noona neomu yeppeoseo...

...uh...what was it again....oh yeah!

namja deuri gaman andwo,
heundeulli neun geunyeo ye maeum, sashil algo isseo...

Aish, I guess that's all I got memorized...

I can't believe I forgot the rest...

I should really practice that song more often...

 

Narrator POV:

Jonghyun continued to play and rehearse other songs as you snuck in and sat down on one of the chairs in the back of the room.

His voice was so angelic, that when he finished singing you couldn't help but applaud him.

He heard your clapping and turned to see you there.

You realized you had been caught and stopped clapping immedietly. He smiled brightly and walked up to you.

"You never told me your name" he said, looking at you.

stuttering, you told him your name.

"____. That's a beautiful name. I've never heard it before. You're not from here right?" he asked.

You shook your head slowly. "I-I'm from the states..." you said so quietly that Jonghyun could not hear you.

"where?" said Jonghyun, with puppy dog eyes, as he leaned forward to bring his ear closer to your lips.

He was so close, he was breathing on your neck.

His warm breathe. His warm eyes. Everything about him was warm and inviting.

You felt awkward because of how close he was, but at the same time you felt comfortable.

You wanted him to stay this close. You somehow felt safe around him,

He was the only stranger who wasn't cold, or stared at you like you were a strange alien or monster from outer-space.

He placed his hand on your shoulder  and looked into your eyes. "It's ok. you can talk to me. I won't bite" said Jonghyun with

big, happy eyes hoping his 'I won't bite' phrase would make you laugh. You let out a smile.

That was enough for him. He stood up and took your hand. "Come on, let's go get you something to eat and then take you to Taemin.

He should be out of practice by now and he's probably worried about you"

'He knows Taemin!?' you thought to yourself as he led you out of the music room and to the cafeteria to get you some food.