Three

Sick Turtle

Kihyun’s PoV

 

Hyungwon was too innocent sometimes. Especially today. He was so wrong if he thought no one notices his sickness, especially me, who woke him up this morning and felt his worryingly warm body and the way his body losing balance. I could see he wasn’t getting better. He slept all the way in the van, looking all pale with a tinge of pink flush on his cheeks. But I didn’t say a word because if he insisted to hide it, he must have a good reason. Or maybe not. I don’t know. At least, I kept looking upon him. Minhyuk told us about what just happened with Hyungwon in the van, he didn’t believe Hyungwon will tell him that he was only sleepy when he was clearly in pain. We decided to silently take care of him.

“How is he?” I asked our stylist who just got back after did Hyungwon’s make up. “He is sick, isn’t he?”

“Oh, so you guys already knew it?” She looked relieved somehow. “He has a fever. It’s quite high to be honest. He kept sweating a lot I couldn’t put on make up on him.”

Minhyuk sighed. “Why does he hide it from us? He could just tell the truth so he can rest. I can’t understand his way of thinking sometimes.”

“I believe he doesn’t want to be a burden to us,” Shownu said calmly.

“With our tight schedule, I think I will do the same if I were him,” added Wonho.

“Yeah, I know. That’s why I pretended to believe his lies,” I said with a tone of regret. “I’m not aware that his sickness is this bad.”

“I’ll see what I can do to make this photo shoot going easier to him,” said Shownu. “Maybe he can take the bedroom setting so at least he can lay down.”

“That’s a good idea,” said Jooheon, and Changkyun added, “I’m going to tell manager-hyung.”

I nodded in agreement. “I’ll go check on Hyungwon then.”

“I’ll go with you,” said Minhyuk, clucking his tongue.

“By the way, I just gave him a painkiller,” our stylist told us. “I think it’s better to let him sleep for a while. Hopefully, he will feel better so I can try putting his make up if afterward.”

“Bring this with you,” Wonho hands his hoodie to me, “I believe he needs it.”

So then I and Minhyuk walking towards Hyungwon who was sleeping on makeup stool.

“I think we should move him so he can lay on his back,” Minhyuk suggested. “His body will be in pain if he sleeps here.”

“We can move him to that sofa,” I said, pointing to a black leather sofa in the corner of the room. “Can you carry him or should we wake him up?”

Minhyuk his lower lip. “Obviously I can’t, Kihyun-ah. But maybe if we do it together—”

“Let me do it.” Shownu hyung appeared behind us. He walked past us carefully picked Hyungwon up bridal style. Hyungwon didn’t stir a bit. That was kinda worrying even though we all know how Hyungwon is a deep sleeper. After laying him down on the sofa, Shownu turned to us, looked frustrated. “I don’t think he can keep up with this photo shoot,” he began, “I think his fever is too high.”

“Do you think we need to take him to the hospital?” asked Minhyuk, his eyes widened.

I knelt down facing his sleeping figure and put the back of my hand against his forehead. Shownu-hyung was right, his fever was too high. His breathing was heavy, he was sweating his bangs stick to his skin. “I don’t know. We have to measure his temperature first, if it’s not over 40 degrees Celcius, we don’t have to take him to the hospital,” I said to both of my hyungs.

As I said this, I heard someone whimpered.

“Hyungwon-ah? How are you feeling?” I asked, brushing off his bangs from his forehead, wiping his sweats using my sleeve.

“I’m fine.”

“You’re anything but fine,” Shownu said firmly. “You have a fever. A high one.”

“Oh… I’m sorry.”

“It’s not the time to say sorry,” I told him gently. “But I think you shouldn’t do this photoshoot. You are too sick.”

Minhyuk suddenly knelt beside me, holding a water bottle. “Drink,” he said shortly. I help Hyungwon sit and let him drink.

“I’ll ask manager hyung to take you to the hospital,” Shownu said, already turned around to call our manager.

“No, Hyung,” Hyungwon chimed in. His voice was hoarse and weak. “I can do this. I already feel better.”

“It’s because of the painkiller,” said Minhyuk.

“I promise, I will go back to our dorm after my shoot done.” Hyungwon forced himself to smile.

Even though I didn’t like it, Hyungwon is an adult, he got to make his own choice. I looked at Shownu and he raised his eyebrows and then nodded.

“Just take it easy, okay? If you feel bad, you must tell us,” said Shownu.

“I promise.”

“Get some more sleep then. We still have thirty minutes before the photo shoot begin,” I told him.